Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

most furniture stores suck. ikea quality for more than ikea prices. especially if you don't plan on having the items for more than a few years it's so dumb to not just shop at ikea. i love ikea, disrupting the furniture industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Nintendo Kid posted:

moron, they put the cashiers in the back doing stocking poo poo more of the time than they used to be, and then they call them out front when needed.

meanwhile the stockers who used to do that work are...

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i got a very nice coffee table for really cheap when awl-mart bulldozed a place so they could have a bigger parking lot

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

moron, they put the cashiers in the back doing stocking poo poo more of the time than they used to be, and then they call them out front when needed.

big stores known for razor-thin margins and rapid employee turnover will totally not take advantage of the efficiency by firing people even though they've laid off people by the thousands for far less okay sure

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Muscle Tracer posted:

meanwhile the stockers who used to do that work are...

the same people all along. they might end up bumping one guy off the night shift for a day a week

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

big stores known for razor-thin margins and rapid employee turnover will totally not take advantage of the efficiency by firing people even though they've laid off people by the thousands for far less okay sure

they don't really change their staffing, sorry dude. they still employ about the same number of people about the same hours with slightly changed duties.

because "it totally lets you fire most of your employees" doesn't actually work

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

piratepilates posted:

most furniture stores suck. ikea quality for more than ikea prices. especially if you don't plan on having the items for more than a few years it's so dumb to not just shop at ikea. i love ikea, disrupting the furniture industry

costcos stuff is really good for high end stuff and like half or less the price you'd expect

just got a nice leather lounger from them it's awesome

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

the same people all along. they might end up bumping one guy off the night shift for a day a week

they don't really change their staffing, sorry dude. they still employ about the same number of people about the same hours with slightly changed duties.

because "it totally lets you fire most of your employees" doesn't actually work

hmm yes i'm sure that the company that's reduced its average number of employees per store by 30% in the last 10 years has done so without laying anyone off

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shaggar posted:

you put the bag down and then put those things in the bag. except for the coupon. you scan the coupon and put it into the coupon slot next to the blinking coupon slot light

putting the coupon in the slot is for suckers. after you scan the coupon you can put anything you want in that slot and it takes it. coupon reuse ftw

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Muscle Tracer posted:

hmm yes i'm sure that the company that's reduced its average number of employees per store by 30% in the last 10 years has done so without laying anyone off

which company is that

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

computer parts posted:

nah they're all over the UK

the knife crime state

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

computer parts posted:

which company is that

1.6m employees for 6200 locations in 2005
2.2m employees for 11500 locations in 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Muscle Tracer posted:

they didnt do it with self-checkouts, they don't change employment n a significant way

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this thread should self-checkout into the gas chamber

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

uncurable mlady posted:

:mediocre:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

sorry, mod buttons are cashier only

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

piratepilates posted:

mattress stores = worst stores.

they are where used car salespeople go when they had one too many traumatizing test drives.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
That's why ikea owns for mattresses

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
freakin lmfao if ui dont juist carpent ur own furny. LOL :siren: n00b alert :siren:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
My apartment furni is half ikea and half stuff from my great grandma's apartment (rip)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

My apartment furni is half ikea and half stuff from my great grandma's apartment (rip)

RIP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mine is IKEA and SET PROPS

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

that's right

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
smythe do you drink from glasses that you can smash over peoples head to comedic effect?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

smythe do you drink from glasses that you can smash over peoples head to comedic effect?

no but i do have a bench that you cant sit on without leaning back else itll fall and also a table in my kitchen has only 1 nice leg b/c was down stage and the other legs are just like 2x2s

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

uncurable mlady posted:

shaggaring in progress

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the election subforum doesnt seem to like fishmech much

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

they're convinced he's trans lmao

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Maluco Marinero posted:

shaggaring in progress

unexpected shaggar in the bagging area. please remove the shaggar or wait for assistance.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
gotta spend a couple years researching before you vote

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the fishmeching in the primary thread was a thing of beauty.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

no but i do have a bench that you cant sit on without leaning back else itll fall and also a table in my kitchen has only 1 nice leg b/c was down stage and the other legs are just like 2x2s

admit it, you sleep on two ratty dog beds in the sound booth

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

you put the bag down and get a scale error and the beleaguered associate comes over to help. you buy a pack of gum and it does not register on the scale and the beleaguered associate comes over to help. you try to punch in the zucchini but it's not in the system and the beleaguered associate determines it's worth 40 cents. you try to use the coupon and, yet again, it is not picked up by the scale and you and the beleaguered associate wait sixty seconds for the machine to determine that you've taken too long to insert your coupon. god loving help you if you have cash becaaue it's about to run out of change, but using your card you complete your interaction and it runs out of receipt paper, so that as you leave it is entirely crippled until the beleaguered associate's rear end in a top hat manager comes over with a key to open it up and replace the receipt paper

i know that's not how it works in second life or star trek online or w/e but most of the rest of us don't live there

lol how do you function irl?

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
6 pages of self checkout chat.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

a derail....... in yospos?!?!?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
ypospos

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

French Canadian posted:

6 pages of self checkout chat.

i thought "finally we're seeing the end of the bubble, we're so close"

but nope, checkout

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it sounds like this thread is ripe for disruption

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DolphinCop posted:

the election subforum doesnt seem to like fishmech much

he's great :shobon:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Sorry I'm late for self-checkout chat. Shaggar was right. Self-checkout is pretty goddamned simple and a quick alternative to waiting behind Quaneesha O'Foodstamp while she juggles six different cards, a checkbook, and two or three screaming Little Lebowski Urban Achievers to pay for her 12-pack of keystone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
nice

• Locked thread