Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Because that way corruption/dangerous speculation would have to have been endemic among dozens of organizations simultaneously rather than just one or two to destroy the entire economy.

lol bankers aren't some cabal of moustache twiddling cartoon villains; theyre looking to maximize profits. so if 3 massive banks decided to tie themselves to foreign debt and pray, its almost a certainty that thousands of smaller banks would make the same decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Requesting Donald Trump/Eangelion photoshops because if there's one thing Trump has taught me its that why the hell not?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

You dropped your "hurr durr Iraq" thing when you were reminded every Democrat candidate save Chafee has either supported the Iraq war or voted to fund it.

Didn't drop poo poo, it's still the worst thing Hillary has done and represents a huge, black mark on her candidacy. Imagine if she'd had the courage to vote against the war: she could use that against her inevitable pro-war opponent. Instead, she's just another lovely warmonger.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

I dunno, according to you, voting never matters unless you cast the "tiebreaking" vote. You could probably start a new theory on democracy with that sort of breathtaking insight.

Admit that your maple grandpa is equally responsible for the Iraq war by knowingly funding it, or admit Hillary wasn't. Again, the only actual Democrat candidate that isn't in any sense is Chafee.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

Didn't drop poo poo, it's still the worst thing Hillary has done and represents a huge, black mark on her candidacy. Imagine if she'd had the courage to vote against the war: she could use that against her inevitable pro-war opponent. Instead, she's just another lovely warmonger.

It was by no means the worst thing she did, because she didn't do Iraq. If she's a warmonger, your maple grandpa is a warmonger.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Hillary Clinton is not responsible for the Iraq war, no matter how you whine. And boy you just hate knowing how wrong you are.

Also yes, generally when you vote for a legislator you expect them to support what you support, moron.

And again, Bush did Iraq, not Clinton.

I think the point is that, there's some people who voted for the war (the warmongers) and a few who didn't. Some people kept a cool head, thought about the consequence of the war, asked questions and ultimately voted against it. :shillary: is not one of those people.
I don't know about you, but some people like that their country's leader spend more time deciding about starting a war than what they will wear that morning.

Pant suits... She'll wear pant suits.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Requesting Donald Trump/Eangelion photoshops because if there's one thing Trump has taught me its that why the hell not?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Idk, voting to keep america in iraq after we hosed up their govt is bad, but on a lower level than voting to gently caress up their govt IMO

thats how the lesser of two evils works right, we all vote sanders now

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

some sort of fish posted:

lol bankers aren't some cabal of moustache twiddling cartoon villains; theyre looking to maximize profits. so if 3 massive banks decided to tie themselves to foreign debt and pray, its almost a certainty that thousands of smaller banks would make the same decision

Or you know, like most small banks they invested in the big banks' plans, which is what happened.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Admit that your maple grandpa is equally responsible for the Iraq war by knowingly funding it, or admit Hillary wasn't. Again, the only actual Democrat candidate that isn't in any sense is Chafee.

Maple grandpa actually voted against the Iraq war. Both wars.

Your move, fish.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

some sort of fish posted:

Actually, you'll find that different banks make different decisions. This is why some do well and others do poorly. Indeed, " bankers aren't some cabal of moustache twiddling cartoon villains," they have independent thoughts.

Nintendo Kid posted:

That isn't remotely true, if Sanders had his way the war would never have happened. Hillary got her way: The war happened. Your denial is loving palpable.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

I think the point is that, there's some people who voted for the war (the warmongers) and a few who didn't. Some people kept a cool head, thought about the consequence of the war, asked questions and ultimately voted against it. :shillary: is not one of those people.
I don't know about you, but some people like that their country's leader spend more time deciding about starting a war than what they will wear that morning.

Pant suits... She'll wear pant suits.

All current Democrat candidates either supported the Iraq war or voted for it including funding it. Except Chafee. Deal with it Atlantis moron.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

EugeneJ posted:

That must be post-dimentia Reagan, I don't know how else he wandered over to that side

He's just mad because his feet hurt and he wanted to sit there.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

All current Democrat candidates either supported the Iraq war or voted for it including funding it. Except Chafee. Deal with it Atlantis moron.

Sanders didn't. He cast his vote against both war. Look it up. You can argue all you want about that, but FACTS are something that matters to a few of us. Maybe not to you in your delusion, but others.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

That isn't remotely true, if Sanders had his way the war would never have happened. Hillary got her way: The war happened. Your denial is loving palpable.

Maple grandpa voted to continue the Iraq war on multiple occasions. He could have taken a stand against it but didn't. Sorry, but he's just as culpable as Hillary, if you consider Hillary culpable.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

Maple grandpa voted to continue the Iraq war on multiple occasions. He could have taken a stand against it but didn't. Sorry, but he's just as culpable as Hillary, if you consider Hillary culpable.

Source? your rear end

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

Sanders didn't. He cast his vote against both war. Look it up. You can argue all you want about that, but FACTS are something that matters to a few of us. Maybe not to you in your delusion, but others.

He voted to continue funding the war. That's approving of the war. You're a moron who's not even from this country and doesn't understand how reality works, as has been proven time and again.

Dalael posted:

Source? your rear end

The Congressional record, dumbass.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Actually I think you'll find that those two things are different, and that you're a loving stooge.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
who is more anime, trump or bernie?

they are both hot blooded shonen protagonists, i feel

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Actually I think you'll find that those two things are different, and that you're a loving stooge.

They're not different, and you're a moron if you think they are.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

He voted to continue funding the war. That's approving of the war. You're a moron who's not even from this country and doesn't understand how reality works, as has been proven time and again.

LMAO, die on this pathetic hill.

https://pplswar.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/why-did-bernie-sanders-vote-to-fund-the-iraq-war/

Bill Sanders’ Vote
H.R. 1559: Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2003 Nay
H.R. 3289: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense and for the Reconstruction of Iraq and Afghanistan, 2004 Nay
H.R. 1268: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005 Nay
H.R. 4939: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Hurricane Recovery, 2006 Yea
H.R. 5631: Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2007 Yea
H.R. 2642: Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 Yea
H.R. 4986: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 Nay
H.R. 5658: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 Nay
H.R. 2647: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 Nay
H.R. 6523: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 Consent*

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

And you're the kind of guy who has to resort to name calling because you can't have a discussion like a grown up. Try bringing up arguments, facts and some loving decency.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Someone: Well thought out argument with quotes and source:

Fishmeck: You're an idiot!

Someone: Argument, facts...

Fishmeck: Moron! You don't know how [insert whatever here] works!

I really have to ask, are you Donald Trump?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

LMAO, die on this pathetic hill.

https://pplswar.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/why-did-bernie-sanders-vote-to-fund-the-iraq-war/

Bill Sanders’ Vote

H.R. 4939: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Hurricane Recovery, 2006 Yea
H.R. 5631: Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2007 Yea
H.R. 2642: Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 Yea

Thanks for showing him voting in approval of war funding on multiple occasions, and grats on owning yourself.

Dalael posted:

And you're the kind of guy who has to resort to name calling because you can't have a discussion like a grown up. Try bringing up arguments, facts and some loving decency.

Buddy you are a giant idiot and you've repeatedly proven it in this forum. You post lies and wrong things and cry about it.

I will stop mocking your idiocy when you say something correct.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

take this poo poo to the hillary vs sanders thread goddamn. fishmech im going to start enforcing to "fishmech can only post about bernie sanders in the hillary vs sanders thread" rule again

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dalael posted:

I really have to ask, are you Donald Trump?

I'm Trumptacus.

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

The Congressional record, dumbass.

you can support funding for a war (so things don't go to complete poo poo) while being entirely against the war

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

Thanks for showing him voting in approval of war funding on multiple occasions, and grats on owning yourself.

Straight form that fuckign page you obviously did not read:

quote:

Arria’s statement is correct but also distorts Sanders’ stance on funding the Iraq war by omission. His voting record on the bills that funded the Iraq war show that he voted against them more often than he voted for them. Additionally, his ‘yea’ votes show that there were other considerations at play.

Do you even bother reading, you look at a title, form an opinion and then make an rear end of yourself on this site? There's a reason why you were banned from every loving thread. Haven't you learned anything?

E: here, since you can't be bothered to read the loving site:

quote:

The Bush administration, backed by a Republican-controlled House and Senate, made a nasty habit of funding its disastrous occupation of Iraq on an emergency basis in order to minimize Congressional scrutiny, circumvent legal limits on the federal government’s debt ceiling, and understate the true cost of the war. The first time Sanders voted ‘yea’ to an Iraq war spending bill came in 2006 when the bill included funding for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. The second time he voted ‘yea’ was when an amendment he inserted into the bill giving a $1 million grant to the Vermont Department of Veterans Affairs (the VA) to help returning veterans cope with their health care and mental health needs upon returning home. The third time he voted ‘yea’ was when the legislation incorporated a massive expansion of G.I. Bill benefits that Sanders co-sponsored and the Bush administration opposed guaranteeing full scholarships to veterans, including activated National Guard troops and reservists, with three years of service attending any public, in-state university and expanded benefits for students at private colleges and for graduate schools. The last time he voted ‘yea’ was when he gave his consent, along with the rest of the entire Senate, funding the Iraq war’s end as President Barack Obama removed all U.S. troops from the country.

So is it correct to say that Sanders voted in favor of authorizing funds for the Iraq war? Yes it is.

But it is equally correct to say the exact opposite: Sanders voted against authorizing funds for the Iraq war.

The point here is this: whenever you come across an article that makes some visceral, outrageous charge regarding something Bernie Sanders allegedly did or said, don’t jump to any hard and fast conclusions for or against him without first studying what he did and why. Then and only then can a sound political judgment be made.

Perhaps the most important metric for assessing whether these votes were right or wrong is to figure out how many living, breathing veterans would he have helped by voting against war funding bills that contained pro-veteran amendments? The answer is zero. And so while peace activists are lining up to condemn his campaign, veterans are lining up to join it.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 4, 2015

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

You haven't learned not to argue with Fishmech

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

take this poo poo to the hillary vs sanders thread goddamn. fishmech im going to start enforcing to "fishmech can only post about bernie sanders in the hillary vs sanders thread" rule again

Please. I will literally paypal you some cash if you send him back to Gas chamber only.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm Trumptacus.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

Do you even bother reading, you look at a title, form an opinion and then make an rear end of yourself on this site? There's a reason why you were banned from every loving thread. Haven't you learned anything?

I do read, that's why I never took a site saying Atlantis is real seriously. Sorry that you're wrong about everything all the time though?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

I do read, that's why I never took a site saying Atlantis is real seriously. Sorry that you're wrong about everything all the time though?

Is this all you've got? You can't have a real argument so you keep going back to that? Holy poo poo dude... Please, leave these threads. These are for grown ups to have discussions. Shoo.. go away Shoo!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Actually, you'll find that different banks make different decisions. This is why some do well and others do poorly. Indeed, " bankers aren't some cabal of moustache twiddling cartoon villains," they have independent thoughts.

haha ya great rejoinder buddy. only theres no historic evidence that bank size is a direct contributor to financial crises. Icelands issues were due to an incompetent regulatory body letting their banks hold osmething like 6x the nation's gdp in foreign currency denominated debt. Ireland had the same isseus the rest of europe had. none of these get fixed by making banks smaller (if anything having smaller banks would have made both of these worse). and even if you disagree with this glass steagall doesnt even regulate bank size, so why is that legislation used to talk about hillary bein weak on banks

• Locked thread