Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I did a balloon like a speed run, being as efficient as possible and ignoring all that scrap and I discounted the time spent punching the defenders (cause punching is fun), and it took 2 minutes, 22 seconds to finish and get back to my car parked IMMEDIATELY outside the balloon area. weeee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Don't gently caress with Hobo Max.

For some reason I'm starting to view Mad Max sort of like Max Payne (or vice versa?), which probably isn't a particularly strange connection to make.

Made some more really bad decisions in the middle of a storm, ended up ditching the car (and the hunchback) and having to fistfight a trio of bums for their shelter.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 4, 2015

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Just finished Finger Peak. The back way into the base has an insignia right above the door hidden in a bunch of warpaint. Took me way too long to find as it blended in so well, I bet that's the one you are looking for. Most were on the ground in that base, so they all should be quite visible other than that one.

Thanks so much. It helped going back at night. During the day it got mixed in with the graffiti.

I still need these if anyone remembers them

Rust Bird in the Colossus region: 5/6 scrap
The Scavenging Location across the rope bridge in the Blackmaws above the "S" in Blackmaws on the map: 2/3 scrap
And how the hell do I get into the balloon outpost in Grit Canyon?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mlmp08 posted:

I did a balloon like a speed run, being as efficient as possible and ignoring all that scrap and I discounted the time spent punching the defenders (cause punching is fun), and it took 2 minutes, 22 seconds to finish and get back to my car parked IMMEDIATELY outside the balloon area. weeee.

Yeah, the balloon fast travel thing is pants on head retarded and completely kills the pacing.
I would rather climb a tower.

Also, it really is hilarious how useless the jump button is since you can't climb gently caress all and the jump height is barely a hop.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 4, 2015

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

JFC posted:

Rust Bird in the Colossus region: 5/6 scrap

Before you climb the wing structure up to the upper level, after the two doors that lead to the same open area, there's a very short hard-to-see ladder to a plateau below that you don't need to actually go to to progress. It looks like you'd just run off the platform. There's where my last one was, it was tricky.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The Fury Road SweetFX preset from the OP is a sight to behold. Colors loving pop and sunsets are insanely brilliant. Night time is wicked looking as well:

This loving game :allears:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

T1g4h posted:

The Fury Road SweetFX preset from the OP is a sight to behold. Colors loving pop and sunsets are insanely brilliant. Night time is wicked looking as well:

holy gently caress that's incredible!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The updated OP is amazing. Good work that goon.

One of the historical relics refers to Smegma Crazies, one of the groups Humungus ordered to attack the camp in Road Warrior. Now wondering if the Gayboy Berserkers made it in too.

Chumbucket was talking about Buzzards. Said they mostly come at night. Mostly.

I'm starting a 4th day of doing nothing but play this before I return to work. Still absolutely in love with it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I dislike the Xbone controller very much, and my 360 one stick drifts like a mofo so instead I use a PS4 controller for driving and switch to KB/mouse when I'm on foot. This is how I've played GTAs and it will be how I play these sorts of games in the future. :colbert:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

My biggest gripe with gamepads now days is how bad they are for camera control in third person games. Movement is fine, circle strafing with the two thumbsticks is fine but just spinning the camera around to look at scenery is such a slow painful chore made worse by the prevalence of auto-center. I love how free a mouse makes rapidly turning around to look at stuff, without ever distracting long enough to make you fuckup somehow.

Otherwise, I really enjoy being able to swap between gamepad for driving sections and K&M for shooting in open world games.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 4, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I actually just realized I had like 40 dollars in my PSN wallet already so I just said gently caress it and bought it. It'll be a nice dick around game to have when I don't want a big MGS production or whatever.

Also genuinely happy to hear there's a decent bit of references to classic Mad Max stuff in here, Fury Road is fantastic but it's nice to have the old stuff too.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Game owns

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I just got another code from the GMG preorder. Is that the ripper poo poo or did I just get billed again for a game key? Can you check what a key is without using it up?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Qmass posted:

My biggest gripe with gamepads now days is how bad they are for camera control in third person games. Movement is fine, circle strafing with the two thumbsticks is fine but just spinning the camera around to look at scenery is such a slow painful chore made worse by the prevalence of auto-center. I love how free a mouse makes rapidly turning around to look at stuff, without ever distracting long enough to make you fuckup somehow.

Otherwise, I really enjoy being able to swap between gamepad for driving sections and K&M for shooting in open world games.

Yeah I totally agree with this. Max doesn't have sensitivity for the sticks, while GTA5 did. I cranked it way up and it was fine, I could spin the view enough that I was happy (obviously it's never like a mouse, but it was fine). But yeah, I guess console people don't care or something but I really wanted to at least double the sensitivity on the right stick.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Crabtree posted:

So I just got another code from the GMG preorder. Is that the ripper poo poo or did I just get billed again for a game key? Can you check what a key is without using it up?

I got another code from them and it was the preorder "Ripper" body DLC. There were issues getting it out the first day. You should be fine.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I've almost completed upgrading Jeet's stronghold and now there's little kids running around. Oh my god guys, it's so sweet, maybe things won't be so lovely anymore :unsmith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ofaloaf posted:

I've almost completed upgrading Jeet's stronghold and now there's little kids running around. Oh my god guys, it's so sweet, maybe things won't be so lovely anymore :unsmith:

Put those kids in a truck and have them earn their keep

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Before you climb the wing structure up to the upper level, after the two doors that lead to the same open area, there's a very short hard-to-see ladder to a plateau below that you don't need to actually go to to progress. It looks like you'd just run off the platform. There's where my last one was, it was tricky.

How did I miss that? Now I just feel stupid.

Make me feel more stupid with these please:

The Scavenging Location across the rope bridge in the Blackmaws above the "S" in Blackmaws on the map: 2/3 scrap
And how the hell do I get into the balloon outpost in Grit Canyon?

Edit: I didn't know LCtrl is Max's tiny little jump button. Finally got up that 1 foot step to get into the balloon outpost, and used the jump button to get to the cross on top of the hill.

JFC fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 4, 2015

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
So, anyone notice that you can't drive into the Big Nothing like they said you could? You can go a little ways, then Max starts losing health and you gotta race back before he dies. Kinda lame.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dled the sweetfx thing, and at first it actually kinda hurt my eyes, but now game looks much more vibrant.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So is the dog in this a permanent companion or do you only interact it with a few times?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

screaden posted:

So is the dog in this a permanent companion or do you only interact it with a few times?

Dog gets his own car.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
A friend swung by to say hello tonight and was treated to the sight of me playing Mad Max while wearing a--freebie promotional--Mad Max: Fury Road shirt, playing the Mad Max: Fury Road soundtrack on vinyl in the background, a Mad Max: Fury Road theatrical poster framed on the wall, and the SA threads for both the movie and the game open on a second monitor.

"I was going to ask how the game was but uh... I know you're just going to answer any question I ask with Fury Road quotes right now. I'll try again in a month."

Goddamn Mad Max. Just when I finally stopped annoying my friends, family, and colleagues by talking about it all the time the stupid game comes out and totally owns bones just to drag me back in.

P.S. gently caress minefields gently caress balloons everything else is beautiful

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Whitezombi posted:

It's still $20 here:

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc?gclid=CKzDtpHb28cCFc0lgQodEnQEFg

It's legit. Been playing it since it came out. I used paypal to pay.

€16. Crazy bargain. Gotta remember that site.

Done in 2 hours. My body is ready.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't sound like anyone is paying full retail, I think they've got it for $60 on the Steam store in Aus! gently caress that!

I got Shadowplay working and am currently uploading a video.. stills are awesome with the tool but I needed to capture some of the rip and tear

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

TerminalBlue posted:

P.S. gently caress minefields gently caress balloons everything else is beautiful

Yeah this is the way. I've completely given up on even trying with these until there's absolutely nothing worth doing left in the game :v:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

What's so bad about balloons?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Wafflecopper posted:

You have to spend a whole minute to get a beautiful scenic view of the wastelands :mad:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Wafflecopper posted:

Because apparently ain't nobody got time to spend witnessing a beautiful vista while the balloon slowly rises and descends.

You know what? I do.

kapsas
May 18, 2009
Im stuck. Went to do the mission where you have to destroy the hinges on the gate that blocks access to northern areas. So I blow up the hinges and now game tells me to use the harpoon to destroy the gate. The thing is I have lvl 3 harpoon and ou need lvl 4 to destroy the gate. I have no scrap to upgrade and the game kills me if I try to leave the mission area. What to do?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think you do need level four. I made a beeline for Pinkeye and Gastown in my first hours, then realised I was rushing through the content and went back to Jeet's to spend some time. The point is when I came through the Jaw I had a very low level car (no paint, first level armour, etc) and I'm sure I didn't have a lvl 4 poon.

I did the same thing though, I was having difficulty killing the dudes to get through the gate and realized I couldn't abort. I wonder what I was supposed to do but then pushed through.

kapsas
May 18, 2009
LOL, I decided to try again, cleared everything and then storm came in. I dont know if it is scripted or not but wind blew from the right direction, all the megaloots were pushed up against the wall, warning of leaving the mission area started blinking but it didnt kill me, so I could gather 2 megaloots (300 scrap each plus extra from the skill) and now I have lvl 4 harpoon.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

wjs5 posted:

It takes like 15-20 seconds to get up to where you use the binocs..... if that is an impossible wait for you I have bad news. You are a sperg.
Nah mang it's legit annoying.

Wafflecopper posted:

They're annoying to raise a lower, but it's not the end of the world.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

JFC posted:

Hey if this is the one I'm thinking of, I got it by doing some stupid Skyrim-esque hill-jump-climbing to the top of the little mountain that camp is on. There's a cross with some candles at the top and some scrap right next to it.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

ZombyDog posted:

Because apparently ain't nobody got time to spend witnessing a beautiful vista while the balloon slowly rises and descends.

It's time spent not tearing rear end across said beautiful vistas with a half-mile-long cloud of dust in your wake, that's the problem.

Any moment in this game that lacks meaty engine growls or meaty fist on face action just makes me feel like I'm not Maxing it to the Max, and that makes me Mad to the Max.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kapsas posted:

Im stuck. Went to do the mission where you have to destroy the hinges on the gate that blocks access to northern areas. So I blow up the hinges and now game tells me to use the harpoon to destroy the gate. The thing is I have lvl 3 harpoon and ou need lvl 4 to destroy the gate. I have no scrap to upgrade and the game kills me if I try to leave the mission area. What to do?

Gotta use the Thunderpoon.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

TerminalBlue posted:

It's time spent not tearing rear end across said beautiful vistas with a half-mile-long cloud of dust in your wake, that's the problem.

Any moment in this game that lacks meaty engine growls or meaty fist on face action just makes me feel like I'm not Maxing it to the Max, and that makes me Mad to the Max.

Good thing that you can completely skip them then unless you literally have OCD

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

T1g4h posted:

Looks loving sweet, but how do I get this to work properly? I tried to run it through the ReShade Setup.exe, but it looked all wrong and just hurt my eyes. Yes, I'm really bad at this stuff and never used SweetFx before. :(

Mingo
May 7, 2007
the Merciless
My hellscape shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

RE: Minefields: gently caress messing around with the Dog and buggy.

Just armour up your car, load up and thunderpoons and drive straight through making GBS threads explosions everywhere. :madmax:

• Locked thread