Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Gamma Nerd posted:

"Some creativity went into this meal."

I can't imagine.

"SOMETIMES IM JUST SO RANDOM"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Samizdata posted:

I have been kmown to eat chocolate malt Ovaltine dry.

One of the tastiest things is a bowl of really good vanilla ice cream topped with dry chocolate/malt mix.

I remember going to the food banks with my mom as a kid, and one place piled a little food on top of a giant, industrial jar of mustard to make it look like they were giving us a full food box. Not that I'm ungreatful for the food we were given, but what were two people going to do with a few cans of veggies and three gallons of mustard? Sad, sad food days.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Sep 4, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Planet Piss posted:

The random canned vegetables we'd get from the food bank were horrible too. No one ever donates anything they'd want to eat themselves lol

"Hey, you got a delivery. Take this pallet of canned peas to the food pantry."

"Did they ask us for a shitton of peas for some reason?"

"Nope. They're super cheap though, and the extra poundage makes us look good for donating so much food to the community."

"...you've never had to visit a food pantry before, have you?"

"What? They're not gonna complain--it's free food!"

:smith:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Bina posted:

Oh, I also used to get into the cupboard a lot and eat concentrated bouillon. I liked how salty it was, especially the beef.

I did this too as a kid and probably still would if my Adult Brain wasn't firmly in control most of the time. :3: I have some weird salt-craving issues though, I love super-salty things.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Hey, you got a delivery. Take this pallet of canned peas to the food pantry."

"Did they ask us for a shitton of peas for some reason?"

"Nope. They're super cheap though, and the extra poundage makes us look good for donating so much food to the community."

"...you've never had to visit a food pantry before, have you?"

"What? They're not gonna complain--it's free food!"

:smith:

I think it's a mix of that and the canned food drives that go door-to-door surprising people who don't want to look like uncaring assholes so they dig through their pantry for the poo poo all the way in the back

"Of course they'd like canned key lime pie filling! Who doesn't like pie, right?"

Unrelated:

No pizza rules?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cottage cheese sandwiches are not uncommon in this country, though I've never actually had one because why would I

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Hakkesshu posted:

Cottage cheese sandwiches are not uncommon in this country, though I've never actually had one because why would I

Unless you're starving, why bother?

I'd rather have poutine.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Scathach posted:

^^^Both are cakes.

I also found this monster. Piss and poo poo are unappetizing even when made out of sugar.

I only eat grammatically correct toilet cakes.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Kakairo posted:

I only eat grammatically correct toilet cakes.

Well yeah-- more letters, more sugar :shrek:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Did all goons just grow up poor? Is that why we're bitter assholes?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DicktheCat posted:

Do you think rich people post on forums all day?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

DicktheCat posted:

I'm bitter because I grew up rich and voluntarily removed myself to live in poverty, before I had any conception of what poverty was. I'm an rear end in a top hat because gently caress you.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
cbf to take a picture but I'm having a pb&j on a toasted english muffin with a whiskey/seltzer for dinner. sandwich is on a paper plate. whiskey's in a stemless wine glass.

it may not be an AFP bingo but its bad, todd.

gods help me :smithicide:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Planet Piss posted:

I think it's a mix of that and the canned food drives that go door-to-door surprising people who don't want to look like uncaring assholes so they dig through their pantry for the poo poo all the way in the back

"Of course they'd like canned key lime pie filling! Who doesn't like pie, right?"

Unrelated:

No pizza rules?

No, pizza rules. :barf:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

loving Michigan.

Jesus Christ, you should at least take it out of the package before serving.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Rich people get to post on SA Deluxe, each account is $1000 and they are served champagne with each probation. It's why we plebs don't understand why banned and probated people keep coming back, we don't get to experience their world

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Planet Piss posted:

Unrelated:

No pizza rules?

That is not a pizza, it is an infestation.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

That is not a pizza, it is an infestation ...

OF FLAVOR

(hard no)

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Planet Piss posted:

Haha, oh man. I remember coming back from a shelter with my mom and looking through our donation box to find a can of cherry pie filling the size of my head.
I don't think anyone has ever actually used or even opened a can of pie filling before, it just passes hands like some kind of "save for a rainy day" social experiment.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Ranch is the scourge of the Midwest.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't even read the word ranch without hearing it in the guttural squawk of a career-smoker beehive-haired New Jersey soccer mom wedged into a booth at Chilis.

"And what kind of dressing would you like? We have vinaigrette, honey mustard, bleu ch--"

"RAAAAAAANCH"

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

TheKennedys posted:

I did this too as a kid and probably still would if my Adult Brain wasn't firmly in control most of the time. :3: I have some weird salt-craving issues though, I love super-salty things.
I never needed to, because we had vegemite at least.

Good point.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Bina posted:

I used to like the taste of powdered milk as a kid. Our power was shut off many times cause my dad failed to pay the electricity bill, or power outages due to an old neighborhood. I liked the clumps of dried milk when I drank it down. They were chewy, and concentrated. I also ate cat food a lot when I was very young. Science Diet. Oh, I also used to get into the cupboard a lot and eat concentrated bouillon. I liked how salty it was, especially the beef. I also would eat Nesquick out of the can dry.

Maybe I'm the real raccoon?

:kimchi: He loves milk.

Anyway, I used to work in the pet food industry for a few years, and Science Diet is famous for how much salt they put in their food. Little kids get weird cravings. My brothers would eat ketchup (or "catsup") on every single thing they ate for years and my dad finally put a stop to it when they tried to put it in apple sauce. I also ate dry Ovaltine. I felt like it made a better powder than a drink.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

drizzle a little honey around the outer crust of your pizza before you put it in the oven next time. it is pleasant.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Planet Piss posted:

Beets. It is always canned beets.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I don't keep a lot of canned stuff on hand, so I think the last time one of those door to door food drives came around they got some kind of Thai hot sauce I hadn't gotten around to opening yet. I felt bad about it at the time, but from the sound of things it was probably appreciated :unsmith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I say this as a man who had a peanut butter, hot sauce and potato chip sandwich today, that's disgusting.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tree Goat posted:

drizzle a little honey around the outer crust of your pizza before you put it in the oven next time. it is pleasant.
A place by us uses jalapeno honey on one of their pizzas. It's fantastically delicious.

It's not a standard pepperoni-tomato sauce-mozzarella pizza, though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hot sauce is always appreciated.

So out new tiny house is a trailer from 1978. Besides a few small things we've fixed, it's all original, including the microwave.

I'm gonna to try following some of these recipes, hopefully they'll turn out as bad as they sound. E: well really some of them sound great, but this is a microwave.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 20:59 on Sep 4, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I've had flammkuchen with honey on it and it works well so maybe?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gonna use that honey/pizza crust combo thanks

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

lol if you don't have Enrique do your posting for you.

But really, I would think richer people have more free time to post post post.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Nah rich people have more time to go to the opera or play squashball. It's a busy life you see.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

Wasn't there someone who was banned and re-reg'd so many times that the amount of money he spent on the forums was something like 4-500 dollars or more?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Pretty sure that was Vilepilot who was legit mentally ill. ARound the 3k mark he started issuing death threats against Lowtax's family.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

3000? Jesus christ

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

• Locked thread