Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh man, not only did Gamer update, but Hero Union BBS updated yesterday too, and it's one of the best chapters yet. Anyone reading both should check it out!

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Am I the only one who is too dumb to find this update?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Benson Cunningham posted:

Am I the only one who is too dumb to find this update?

http://mangacow.co/The-Gamer/96/

Here you go, chief.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Thank you friend. I concur, this was a good chapter.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

That was fun and good chapter

I wonder how much higher will Jee-Han's endurance be by the end of the month

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Although when jee han called out his friend for being philosophical they should have played out the same i'm delicate-disgust face scene, then it would have been perfect

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Apparently there's an official translation for this now? Here. Or did we already know this and I missed it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it's been around for a while. The problem is it's pretty far behind.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's only ten chapters behind now. If they do another sprint, they could catch up.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah it's really not too far behind, heck he's already found the dlc dungeon which feels like just a little bit ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its odd that some series are up to date and others are miles behind

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 97 is out.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I was thinking the entire time that there's no better sign you should go in a dungeon if an NPC explicitly warns you not to do it, and what do you know.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

AbyssEBay Delivers. :allears:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Perhaps Jihan is the insane God. He can cheat, level up fast and helps people just because he wants to. Insane, I tell ya.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there an indication of how much time has passed since he got his powers? 75 grand is a pretty tidy sum if it's only been a couple weeks/months. And that's not even counting what he's blown on magic books and stuff.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Do they have an IRS equivalent in Korea because he's going to get audited super hard with a deposit record like that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there an indication of how much time has passed since he got his powers? 75 grand is a pretty tidy sum if it's only been a couple weeks/months. And that's not even counting what he's blown on magic books and stuff.

It's been like 3 months iirc. He mentioned it recently but I can't find where.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

The Missing Link posted:

Do they have an IRS equivalent in Korea because he's going to get audited super hard with a deposit record like that.

One of the earlier chapters, they gloss over this and how basically they do "creative accounting" so that even super large sums can be glossed over; creating a company is one way of dealing with it, having the Abyss deal with it is another iirc.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

The Missing Link posted:

My guess is that it's an abyss account. They also talked early in the series about money laundering.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

nimby posted:

Perhaps Jihan is the insane God. He can cheat, level up fast and helps people just because he wants to. Insane, I tell ya.

He turned down a chance to get red-haired nuna to do ~anything~ he wanted too, clearly insane.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I love that his teacher insists on getting a 50% cut as soon as she realizes how ridiculous his item drop power is.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Wittgen posted:

I love that his teacher insists on getting a 50% cut as soon as she realizes how ridiculous his item drop power is.

It's not like he's using those health potions. He's making the classic gamer mistake of item hording.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's not like he's using those health potions. He's making the classic gamer mistake of item hording.

It's not a mistake, you just never know when you'll really need those consumables. This boss may be hard, but the next one could be so much harder!

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Doesn't she turn life energy into magical power? If health potions count, then she gets to use them as both heals and nukes.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

nimby posted:

It's not a mistake, you just never know when you'll really need those consumables. This boss may be hard, but the next one could be so much harder!

Hey, this boss is made up entirely of black ichor, has armor made of souls and has screaming heads belting out the chorus tied to its belt. Everything is on fire or exploding and all of my allies are injured, dead or have betrayed me. I'm also at 1/4 health and my mp is almost gone.

Better save this megalixer. You never know when you'll need it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Einander posted:

Doesn't she turn life energy into magical power? If health potions count, then she gets to use them as both heals and nukes.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. If it works that way Loli-Nuna could totally become his best customer, if she doesn't drown in potions by mooching off of him.

A 50% cut isn't even too bad for the virtual guarantee that you'll get through an unknown thought-stealing dungeon that's probably a trap unscathed. I mean, it'll suck if he gets to the end and is able to beat the last boss without too much difficulty with no trap sprung, but if there were a high-level trap he'd probably be screwed without her. Hopefully she's not too lazy to throw in some advice on his battle tactics along the way.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
What if he accidentally spawns the last boss as an insane god of MMORPG's?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

What I think would be better is if he died, but spent so much time in there that the universe respawned him as the new gamer god with godlike powers. These new powers are the same as the old powers he had before which displays how broken his power set was.

Cue existential crisis as he is now the new god of this place and has to confront the fact that he is not the same person, but retains the memories and relationship of the dead person. No one notices.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Chapter 98 is out

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Why am I fighting?
Who do I want to be?
What is the purpose of my life?

gently caress it, let's get rich.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

quote:

But cosmetic slime mucus got taken away by master Loli

That aside, it's interesting seeing her play the wise master.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

So I guess the slime mucus is just like, a super high-grade skin lotion? I guess Jee-Han is lucky that she picked that boss drop and not something more valuable.

Loli-Nuna has the right idea though, create a level 100+ dungeon, cruise through it at high speed with her help, and farm up billions everyday. You wouldn't even have to worry about that thought stealing mojo that the DLC dungeons have, since he'd be the one making it himself.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

NowonSA posted:

So I guess the slime mucus is just like, a super high-grade skin lotion? I guess Jee-Han is lucky that she picked that boss drop and not something more valuable.

That slime was probably worth more than everything else combined.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jee-Han really needs to get at parity in level with his bud so they can share EXP.

Since any party members that gain levels while under the influence of his powers get stat points on level up he can basically turn other abyss dwellers into demi-gods.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The exp per level might ramp up like crazy eventually. So, grinding may have limits. However, what about skill proficiency? Other people probably can't gain new skills once they get a high enough rank of an old one, but they might be able to gain skill levels which wouldn't otherwise exist.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

NowonSA posted:

Loli-Nuna has the right idea though, create a level 100+ dungeon, cruise through it at high speed with her help, and farm up billions everyday. You wouldn't even have to worry about that thought stealing mojo that the DLC dungeons have, since he'd be the one making it himself.

I assumed it was a cosmetic item like a teamfortress hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I think where this is going is that jee-han will be creating the dungeons for other people to run and get items/levels and he takes a cut. Unless workshop owner meant that its just him doing it himself for others.

E: especially since he just mentioned people who are unemployed and witch lady said abyss is the same way