Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The hydrogen peroxide + lemon one is doubly awful because the base in the peroxide will cancel out the acid from the lemons, and vice versa.

RPATDO_LAMD has a new favorite as of 11:32 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Government trying to mind-control you with chemtrails? Simply spray household vinegar into the sky and they'll dissipate within hours!
http://thevane.gawker.com/insane-lady-yells-at-clouds-and-sprays-vinegar-at-the-s-1550883163

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I would photoshop that Simpsons still of "OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUD" to have a spray bottle, but :effort:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Gawker has a snarky weather blog? Jesus Christ, where will it end

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The hydrogen peroxide + lemon one is doubly awful because the base in the peroxide will cancel out the acid from the lemons, and vice versa.

It also cancels out all of your promblems.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Non Serviam posted:

To her credit, the lady who likes to expose her kids to e. coli doesn't use the homemade bleach. She uses, and I swear I'm serious:
Vinegar
Lemon
Sunshine

You can bleach stains on delicate fabrics (like lace tablecloths) by spraying them with lemon or vinegar and putting them in the sun for hours.

But neither lemon nor vinegar do jack as a disinfectant.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Buh-buh-but bleach is a disinfectant and they bleach the fabric together

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Find a local sewer plant that uses chrlorine gas and string up your clothes in the room and open the cylinders.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Find a local sewer plant that uses chrlorine gas and string up your clothes in the room and open the cylinders.

Save time by wearing the clothes when you do this. Walla!

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

AlbieQuirky posted:

But neither lemon nor vinegar do jack as a disinfectant.

Certain microbes can only live in a very specific pH range and temperature, and will be killed off by the acidity of vinegar or lemon juice. It's the same reason why we use soap (which is alkaline) and hot water to wash our hands. For example, places like hospitals and old folks homes will add white vinegar to the water they rinse off greens in as a precautionary measure.

Does that mean you can use it instead of actual disinfectants? gently caress no.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Radio Help posted:

Certain microbes can only live in a very specific pH range and temperature, and will be killed off by the acidity of vinegar or lemon juice. It's the same reason why we use soap (which is alkaline) and hot water to wash our hands. For example, places like hospitals and old folks homes will add white vinegar to the water they rinse off greens in as a precautionary measure.

Does that mean you can use it instead of actual disinfectants? gently caress no.

I think you're missing the point. They're letting the kids build up an immunity. It's good kids get salmonella, meningitis and e coli. It's natural

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That's an anti-vax angle if I've ever heard one. "I want my kids to have a good immune system, so I build it up the old fashioned way."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

From what I know letting your kids play in the mud and dirt and not disinfecting every surface they might come in contact with is a genuinely good idea because it does strengthen the immune system, it's just that anti-vaxxers understood that to mean "then any exposure to natural dirt and germs is good and better than CHEMICALS" including genuinely harmful stuff like deliberate measles exposure, when actually vaccinations and the dirt thing work on the same principle: expose yourself to relatively harmless stuff so when the tough guys come along, your immune system isn't completely overwhelmed.

EXPOSE

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do not expose yourself to kids; thanks in advance :tipshat:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yeah, living in a sterile bubble makes a kid's immune system go a little stir crazy and increases the chance of developing asthma and allergies. Unfortunately that made the crazed super mommies go from trying to sterilize everything to courting plague.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Right now it's your word against GG Allin's. I'm gonna wait for a tiebreaker.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, living in a sterile bubble makes a kid's immune system go a little stir crazy and increases the chance of developing asthma and allergies. Unfortunately that made the crazed super mommies go from trying to sterilize everything to courting plague.

The slippery slope from letting kids play with a dog in the yard to injecting AIDS poop piss into their brains.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

who are you, my lawyer?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

who are you, my lawyer?

Maybe I'm a kid.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There could be kid lawyers; you can't discount that. There's Kids Court, after all.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My Lovely Horse posted:

Right now it's your word against GG Allin's. I'm gonna wait for a tiebreaker.

:golfclap:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Don't expose yourself to kids. Seriously. Do not let yourself get exposed to kids. lovely kittle fuckers'll ruin your life if you let them #Lifehack

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Karate Bastard posted:

Don't expose yourself to kids. Seriously. Do not let yourself get exposed to kids. lovely kittle fuckers'll ruin your life if you let them #Lifehack

It won't be totally ruined. They can mod tviv!

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I guess they can now that Aatrek's gone.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Radio Help posted:

It's the same reason why we use soap (which is alkaline) and hot water to wash our hands.
I'm fairly certain we use soap because its molecules have both hydrophobic and hydrophilic ends, allowing oils to be washed away with water.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

I'm fairly certain we use soap because its molecules have both hydrophobic and hydrophilic ends, allowing oils to be washed away with water.

Yep, it's an emulsifying surfactant.

It will basically allows the oils on your skin to be mixed with the water by binding on one side to the oils and on the other to the water. When the soap is rinsed off, it carries all the bound oils (and anything suspended in the oils like grime and bacteria) with it.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I know the "loving dump everything in a waffle iron" life hack was a while ago, buttttt:

http://www.eater.com/2015/9/4/9258039/chefsteps-waffle-frenzy

It's actually catching on for some reason...

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

change my name posted:

I know the "loving dump everything in a waffle iron" life hack was a while ago, buttttt:

One of my buddies recently told me about how they did a "kitchen appliances" tournament on one of those food jammer shows and waffle iron one. That might have something to do with it.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

change my name posted:

What is it that they think the flipping is accomplishing?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Karma Monkey posted:

What is it that they think the flipping is accomplishing?

It lets them access the second waffle iron on the back while the first one cooks?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Dienes posted:

It lets them access the second waffle iron on the back while the first one cooks?

Ah, thanks, didn't even notice it was a double.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

flosofl posted:

Yep, it's an emulsifying surfactant.

It will basically allows the oils on your skin to be mixed with the water by binding on one side to the oils and on the other to the water. When the soap is rinsed off, it carries all the bound oils (and anything suspended in the oils like grime and bacteria) with it.

Huh, so it is. Surprise surprise, a factoid a boss from my fast food days pummeled into my subconscious turned out not to be true. welp

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
In the latest instalmment of It Came From Reddit:

quote:

On-the-fly Gnocchi:

Put ramen in pot, pour milk. (Not too much, don't let it submerge the ramen)

Let ramen become soft

Put everything in blender (tall one plz)

Pour into pastry bag or a Ziploc with a corner cut off

Cool mixture

Boil in water

Stir fry with the sauce you want or if you just want it crispy

Eat it, bitch

Is this how you make prison yard gnochi?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Viola; fried brain goop "je ne sais pourquoi", bon appétit!

e: boon ape tit.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

The Glumslinger posted:

In the latest instalmment of It Came From Reddit:

Is this how you make prison yard gnochi?

:what:

in what way is this gnocchi?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm pretty sure David Chang made something like this in the Mind of A Chef TV show.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

pienipple posted:

:what:

in what way is this gnocchi?

And why is there no mention of using a waffle iron? :colbert:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

cyberia posted:

I'm pretty sure David Chang made something like this in the Mind of A Chef TV show.

He did. He made gnocchi out of ramen. It looked tasty on his show, but not something I would go outbid my way to try

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

David Chang makes both ramen and chicken sandwiches that I can't stop stuffing in my mouth, but yeah, he has a lot of weird preoccupations with instant noodles/crappy cheeseburgers/ "garbage food". He hosted a Budweiser-sponsored burger contest, for god's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You can do some interesting things with ramen, but "gnocchi" does not seem like one of them.