Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Aesis posted:

Gotta charge faster yo!

Actually honestly for the Cernos, you might be getting to the point where you can't fire it fast enough with Vile Acceleration to be worth it over some damage mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

djw175 posted:

Actually honestly for the Cernos, you might be getting to the point where you can't fire it fast enough with Vile Acceleration to be worth it over some damage mod.
Personally I hate long charge duration, hence why I slap both Vile Acceleration and Speed Trigger whenever I can ie. Opticor. On the second thought Speed Trigger might do the trick for Cernos since there's only 0.04 seconds difference.

e: Looks like server crashed. And it's back.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 4, 2015

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Denzine posted:

Why do you have hcal on them? Hcal fucks their accuracy really badly.

Most of the YouTube streams use HCal on bows because they argue that the travel time on the arrow makes them useless at long range anyway, so you might as well slot it on there along with Split Chamber and use it as a medium range weapon.

I kind of hate bows myself and only use them on my Loki stealth setup.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Zephyr's Dive Bomb gets better at later ranks right? Was such a let down to finally get the plat to buy a slot to get a frame I'd been looking forward to, have tons of fun flying around, rank up and unlock Literally !Jump (From Final Fantasy, the reason I wanted Zephyr), only to slam down on a Venus enemy's head for maybe half it's health bar.

E: Actually while I'm at it, I'm assuming ranking up Investigator (the Helios precept) increases scan speed?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I never use dive bomb to be honest, I like building for duration for the third ability, because loving invincible.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I think it only increases scan range. I didn't notice much of a difference between an unranked and a fully ranked Investigator on mine.

(However it took me way too long to figure out you actually need the Codex Scanner equipped in your gear wheel for Investigator to work. :downs:)

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Yeah I use Dread as close range weapon so having fast charge time with high damage matters and accuracy doesn't.
Heavy Caliber Dread vs 104.3% crit Rakta Cernos

So basically Dread can have higher damage per hit while Rakta Cernos charges faster so you can spam that poo poo. Also with R Cernos you get sweet energy recovery and AoE attack.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 4, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

AlphaKretin posted:

Zephyr's Dive Bomb gets better at later ranks right? Was such a let down to finally get the plat to buy a slot to get a frame I'd been looking forward to, have tons of fun flying around, rank up and unlock Literally !Jump (From Final Fantasy, the reason I wanted Zephyr), only to slam down on a Venus enemy's head for maybe half it's health bar.

Most people, myself included, mainly use Zephyr for her 1 and 3.

If you really want to use Dive Bomb though, stick a Heavy Impact on her; Dive Bomb activates it from any height, giving you some nice AOE CC on demand.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

I unintentionally failed MR 20 test...so, go me.
:downs:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Remember you can do a dry run first.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

AlphaKretin posted:

E: Actually while I'm at it, I'm assuming ranking up Investigator (the Helios precept) increases scan speed?

Build yourself a Jat Kittag. Become a nuclear knockdown bomb.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Prisma Sentinel Wings, Tail and loving Jolt. The Void Trader is really disappointing today.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Feindfeuer posted:

Prisma Sentinel Wings, Tail and loving Jolt. The Void Trader is really disappointing today.

Out of morbid curiosity, for how many ducats?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I think it's 200 for the wings and 300 for the tail or the other way around. But that's just from my hazy memory of glancing over it once and than going 'nope' and leaving the relay.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Feindfeuer posted:

I think it's 200 for the wings and 300 for the tail or the other way around. But that's just from my hazy memory of glancing over it once and than going 'nope' and leaving the relay.

Other way around, and 150 for a chest plate, and 300 for jolt.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Your biweekly reminder that you can check that on Deathsnacks.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Male Man posted:

Your biweekly reminder that you can check that on Deathsnacks.

Or the wiki.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Price:
Prisma Jet Sentinel Wings: 300 Ducats and 200,000 Credits
Prisma Koi Sentinel Tail: 200 Ducats and 200,000 Credits.
Jolt: 300 Ducats and 150,000 Credits.
Prisma Daedalus Chest Plate: 150 Ducats and 100,000 Credits.

Number of things worth getting: 0

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
From the Stream: Multi-shot now in talks to up ammo consumption.

RIP Scattered Justice

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Crono S. Magnum posted:

RIP Scattered Justice

That is the worst idea ever, and Glen had the worst reasoning ever. "Yeah we're nerfing all guns ever, but now your frame powers will be better in comparison! BALANCE! :downs:"

Also they're reworking Snipers by reworking zooming and not addressing what's actually wrong with them.

:de: :argh:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

I blame Steve.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

RIP Scattered Justice

Jesus Christ, DE. I thought people were joking before but I think they literally hate fun.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Lol that change doesnt make any sense at all. They are so clueless its cute.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Forget that, what's telling is that they are considering that before they took the obvious step of baking Serration and co. into the weapons.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

If multishot consumes extra ammo how is functionally different from a firerate mod?

Hopefully there's enough of a shitstorm to make them back down.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

If multishot consumes extra ammo how is functionally different from a firerate mod?

Hopefully there's enough of a shitstorm to make them back down.

It doesn't increase felt recoil and has better one-shot potential. That's why multishot mods are tuned about twice as high as fire rate mods.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus loving christ, what the gently caress? Have they ever been so blatantly obvious that they don't play their own goddamn game? :psyduck:

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I haven't watched the stream yet, and though this is poo poo news, if they put Glen back on the stream instead of Sheldon and Geoff then I am okay with this

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Coldbird posted:

I haven't watched the stream yet, and though this is poo poo news, if they put Glen back on the stream instead of Sheldon and Geoff then I am okay with this

Better: instead of Scott and Steve.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Coldbird posted:

Glen was the proponent of the Multishot nerf so...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:ughh: They're turning into Illwinter. They have no idea how their own loving game works.

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
yes clearly the way to fix always needing damage mod 1, damage mod 2, rate of fire and punch through mod 1, and elemental damage mods 1 through 4 is to make them bad.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
"Serration is a stupid requirement, so let's make Multi-shot suck and prohibative!"
--Digital Extremes

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

If they do this, the Latron Prime will finally return to its rightful place on the throne, the only gun where you still won't have to worry about ammo.

Kind of sucks that I just spent so much effort maxing out multishot on my grakatas and formaed my Hek, though. You wouldn't even be able to shoot twice on the Hek if you had Hell's Chamber and Scattered Justice.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
My absolute favorite part of this is that they pulled the "It's actually a Bug" card.

For gently caress's sake, :de:! You can't just go around actively making your game more tedious and calling every quality of life feature a "bug"

If they are serious about addressing the "mandatory mods" thing, then I feel like they need to do something to make modding more interesting. As it is, all of the mods that matter come down to "Adds Damage".

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Guys, it's clearly because everyone said the Vaykor Hek sucks cause it can't get the 200% multishot mod. So they make multishot suck.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

That is the worst idea ever, and Glen had the worst reasoning ever. "Yeah we're nerfing all guns ever, but now your frame powers will be better in comparison! BALANCE! :downs:"

Also they're reworking Snipers by reworking zooming and not addressing what's actually wrong with them.

:de: :argh:

There are so many changes that could and should have been made to weapons before even thinking of a multishot nerf was in order.

Making base damage less dependent on mods.

Making utility mods like Fast Hands not suck.

Making crit mods more worthwhile on all weapons instead of just on crit weapons.

Making snipers actually capable of dealing with multiple targets at once via area damage.

Making certain things which you can ostensibly mod for, like damage reflection, actually viable methods of dealing damage.

Apparently, the most important thing to do out of all of these? Nerf multishot.

:de:

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Multishot is so much a part of Warframe's character for me that this is like killing coptering, only without anything decent like Parkour 2.0 to look forward to :(

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
:siren: Gift of the Lotus alert! Orokin catalyst. :siren:

Smart devs do not nerf crap, they instead buff everything else. And thats the same but much better to sell to the customer.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time