Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Rand Brittain posted:

And Erfworld has lost its artist again.

Man, I really like Erfworld, but at this point I think it would be less of an interruption for the writer to just go to art school himself.

I really didn't mind the text-only updates which I imagine are going to happen again. Hopefully they actually carry on the main plot instead of farting around in side-stories for a year again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ArchRanger posted:

I really didn't mind the text-only updates which I imagine are going to happen again. Hopefully they actually carry on the main plot instead of farting around in side-stories for a year again.

I would agree that we need more main plot except there's one big side-story I really want to see : Stanley's betrayal of Saline IV and his assault on FAQ. Other than those, yeah, enough with the side stories already.

Here's to hoping that Tramennis (sp?) joins forces with Parson, that seems like it'd be an amusing teamup.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rand Brittain posted:

And Erfworld has lost its artist again.

Rob Balder should embrace this and deliberately seek to have each book done by a different artist.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

I really like Erfworld

why

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Because it has consistently strong character writing?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the art is beautiful, the style puts me in mind of like a child's picture book

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I thought erfworld was ok before it became :words:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Erfworld book 1 was REALLY GOOD. I think some of it is still that good will, but I am curious about a lot of what's going to happen, so I keep reading.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Erfworld is fun because it embraces the board game rules as the natural order and doesn't do the OotS thing where they jump across the 4th wall with combat mechanic discussion and a serious storyline.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

more or less

it's not clear why or if it was really supposed to be her and not her boyfriend (or why he'd be any better a pick), that's kinda the big question behing the plot rn, and dude's not the most lucid of dead guys

yeah, Jadis (?) seemed to be prophesying that Zaid would be the guy, but shes one of the demiurges and none of those guys seem to be entirely all-there.

also the scene where 82 White Chain started freaking out at Cio and Allison over the gate key was pretty awesome. "everythings completely hosed forever and can only possibly get worse, but please do keep being a pain in my rear end about this."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah, Jadis (?) seemed to be prophesying that Zaid would be the guy, but shes one of the demiurges and none of those guys seem to be entirely all-there.

also the scene where 82 White Chain started freaking out at Cio and Allison over the gate key was pretty awesome. "everythings completely hosed forever and can only possibly get worse, but please do keep being a pain in my rear end about this."

On the note of Jadis's prophecy, she was speaking reeeaaaaaallllyyyy slloooowwwlllyyyyyy, so I don't think she actually finished what she meant to say before her follower got all fire and brimstone and started reading off her glass prison thing.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

ArchRanger posted:

If he starts writing out accents again, I'm out.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
In Dr. McNinja nws, it is still very sad at the bottom of the ocean. Also, ow.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SO many good webcomics out there that make a strong start, then peter out into nothingness. It's so depressing.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

you either quit out good, or go on long enough to become the subject of a mock thread

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

khy posted:

SO many good webcomics out there that make a strong start, then peter out into nothingness. It's so depressing.

Or are weekly updates, so you're guaranteed not to see it finished before the next ice age.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

khy posted:

That's why when I ran my webcomic I started as I meant to go on, with stickmen. It finished with stickmen, and dang it it actually finished, too.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

khy posted:

Happily for you I am drawing my rad bird comic KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS full time via PATREON MONIES next week on Wednesday and you nerds can support me there. I'll include more boobies if you pay me for it

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

chiefnewo posted:

Or are monthly updates, so you're guaranteed not to see more poppy before the next ice age.

FTFY :argh:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Operant posted:

Happily for you I am drawing my rad bird comic KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS full time via PATREON MONIES next week on Wednesday and you nerds can support me there. I'll include more boobies if you pay me for it

Knowing you I expect what this actually means is that some kinda weird demon thing is going to show up that's just entirely made of boobies. At least 300 boobies.

It still would have shown up without any donations, but it would have been made of only 200 boobies

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

draw six billion boobies

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!
Hey, has anyone here posted about Night Physics? It's suuuper good - the art's gorgeous (esp re: use of color), and the writing is really good and interesting. It's about a bunch of friends who feel stuck in a fictional Midwestern small town, and recreational drug use!

Seriously though it's awesome.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Knowing you I expect what this actually means is that some kinda weird demon thing is going to show up that's just entirely made of boobies. At least 300 boobies.

It still would have shown up without any donations, but it would have been made of only 200 boobies

So basically the aztec afterlife for dead infants?

Just a big vine covered in boobs where they'd spend eternity getting nursed. :unsmith:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I'm pretty sure Ys-Voya is already at least partially composed of boobies.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

donges posted:

Hey, has anyone here posted about Night Physics? It's suuuper good - the art's gorgeous (esp re: use of color), and the writing is really good and interesting. It's about a bunch of friends who feel stuck in a fictional Midwestern small town, and recreational drug use!

Seriously though it's awesome.

This will do to fill the druggie animal people sized hole Cheap Thrills left in my heart, it's a pretty comic.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Operant posted:

I have been waiting a very long time to throw money at you. Looking forward to seeing the donation tiers.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Operant posted:

Hope this works out for you! I'm really enjoying K6BD so I'll definitely check out the Patreon when it's live.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Operant posted:

How much to make Ciocie/Allison canon?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

why are their noses purple? Are they all hard-core, end stage, lifelong alcoholics?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

why are their noses purple? Are they all hard-core, end stage, lifelong alcoholics?

Their noses are also triangular. They are Muppets.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's not even Tumblr nose. It's way beyond that. Wind Waker nose.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Saraiguma posted:

How much to make Ciocie/Allison canon?

Boy you will enjoy the next few pages

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Operant, I stand ready with my :10bux:

Whenever you're ready champ. Just say the word.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you dorks seen a cartoon before

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

But don't you see, it's ~tumblr nose~, a very real problem that was also definitely started on tumblr

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

no; tell me more

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

majormonotone posted:

But don't you see, it's ~tumblr nose~, a very real problem that was also definitely started on tumblr

It's standard ettiquette: whenever something goes wrong or there is something you just don't like, you blame Tumblr for it. It's always Tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spark That Bled posted:

It's standard ettiquette: whenever something goes wrong or there is something you just don't like, you blame Tumblr for it. It's always Tumblr.

Note that nobody cares about the comic. The nose is literally the only interesting thing about it.

• Locked thread