Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

In PPR league i'd take Matthews over Morris, especially since you already have Charles and Miller. Morris usually suffers a bit whenever RG3lol isn't in the starting lineup and Matthews has the potential to hog a lot of targets as long as Ertz is banged up.

I am the Morris owner, which is why I'm offering the trade. Matthews is that guys fourth receiver, I think. Maybe third. I figure since he lacks RB depth, it could work for both of us. I just didn't want to seem like I was lowballing him too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
For whatever reason everybody in my league except for me is carrying two defenses so pickings are slim. I've got Green Bay right now but I'm not a big fan of their match up against Chicago. My options right now are Cincinnati, Indy, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Cleveland. I'm leaning toward Cincinnati right now because of the Raiders. Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Eternal Hobo posted:

For whatever reason everybody in my league except for me is carrying two defenses so pickings are slim. I've got Green Bay right now but I'm not a big fan of their match up against Chicago. My options right now are Cincinnati, Indy, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Cleveland. I'm leaning toward Cincinnati right now because of the Raiders. Thoughts?

Nab the Colts for the super sweet weeks 2-4. Their week 1 is against Buffalo, which should be decent but not great. Cleveland with Jets, Titans, and Raiders the first three weeks is even better, except the Browns D will be on the field a ton because Browns O is awful. Not sure which I'd prefer, but either of them is better than GB. Minnesota has the Niners week 1 which is great, but then they're droppable. And for what it's worth, those pickings are not slim at all. Miami and Carolina are a little nicer, but otherwise Cleveland, Indy, and Minnesota are great to start the year with.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Eternal Hobo posted:

Homer opinion aside, I'd stand pat with GB. Their preseason defense has been 'meh' because both Clay Matthews and Peppers have been out for it, and that's a major part of the scheme. The Bears have a new offensive scheme they'll be putting in, and will be without one of their key receivers, and possibly Alshon as well if some of the rumors are true. Their o-line is still sub-par.

The Raiders actually look like they have their offense coming together, somehow.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Eternal Hobo posted:

The Colts have a super easy schedule the first 5 weeks with Bills, Jets, Titans, Jags, and Texans so they could be worth picking up for that stretch. Bengals would only be good for Game 1.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Is there a team with a better fantasy schedule than the Saints?

I want all the shares of Brandin Cooks I can buy.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Zypher posted:

IIRC the whole NFC South has an insanely easy season. Julio Jones is going to be WR1

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dandy Kaiser posted:

IIRC the whole NFC South has an insanely easy season. Julio Jones is going to be WR1

I'm praying he hits me at 8 this weekend.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Dandy Kaiser posted:

If like a case can be made for taking him above Brown. And I'm 99% sure I'm taking either as pick 2 in ppr.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Azhais posted:

@SportsBoyTony
Solomon Wilcots just said on Browns radio network that after talking to coaches, Dwayne Bowe needs to deliver tonight to make roster

Dwayne Bowe: Not good enough for the Browns

I feel like this should be an endorsement for Maclin.

Abugadu posted:

The Raiders actually look like they have their offense coming together, somehow.

This. I didn't see enough to pick up their D/ST but in another league I picked up Khalil Mack. He looked unblockable.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

kiimo posted:

I feel like this should be an endorsement for Maclin.

And weirdly, Alex Smith.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Maclin is going to rip it up

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gyshall posted:

What round would be reasonable to take him in for half ppr? Always good to have options for WR depth.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MrSargent posted:

What round would be reasonable to take him in for half ppr? Always good to have options for WR depth.

In the 4th/5th depending on how bullish you feel.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

After an auction draft in .5 PPR (2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex) my RBs are currently Joique, TJ Yeldon, Crowell, Duke Johnson, Denard and Roy Helu.

My WRs are Dez, JJ, Cooks, Davante Adams, Larry Fitz and John Brown.

I'm thinking of offering a trade for either Gore or Foster but I'm not sure what to give up. Alternately I might just wait to see how Week 1 shakes out - maybe I'm not in the worst shape.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

MrSargent posted:

In PPR, I have Maclin 36th overall.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

weekly font posted:

After an auction draft in .5 PPR (2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex) my RBs are currently Joique, TJ Yeldon, Crowell, Duke Johnson, Denard and Roy Helu.

My WRs are Dez, JJ, Cooks, Davante Adams, Larry Fitz and John Brown.

I'm thinking of offering a trade for either Gore or Foster but I'm not sure what to give up. Alternately I might just wait to see how Week 1 shakes out - maybe I'm not in the worst shape.

holy murderers row of WRs. Maybe package Fitz and Brown + 1RB for a top RB, if you can, to a WR-starved team. Joique should be fine, Yeldon I'm worried about, Crowell might time share, and the rest probably won't do much early.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Gyshall posted:

His ACL? Yeah.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Abugadu posted:

holy murderers row of WRs. Maybe package Fitz and Brown + 1RB for a top RB, if you can, to a WR-starved team. Joique should be fine, Yeldon I'm worried about, Crowell might time share, and the rest probably won't do much early.

Hah I'm just imagining how fast I can reject a "Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, and Joique Bell for Marshawn Lynch" trade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

His ACL? Yeah.

Drafting based on fear of injury is a slippery slope that slides you into a decision to draft Andre Ellington over DeMarco Murray last year.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I am looking to trade to make my RBs better. Here is my team (PPR 6PaTD)

Here's his:

I am thinking of offering Tannehill for Hyde but I like having my Tannehill security blanket. Any suggestions?

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 4, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

wattershed posted:

Thank you, appreciate the response. I dropped Floyd, then remembered that ESPN's wonky and doesn't let you pick up players to throw them straight in an IR spot, but lets you drop a guy > pick up a guy on IR > move him to an IR slot > reacquire the guy you dropped. Why they basically have a workaround available for something like that is beyond me. Thinking I might just leave that roster spot open and it'll give me the flexibility to nab a possible breakout player after week 1's Sunday action.

Yeah its wonky like that. I think it's because if the ESPN code treated IR like a bench spot, leagues would be forced into drafting an additional round to fill up the faux bench spot.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zypher posted:

Breezzz :getin::thurman:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Also one of the reasons I am really excited that Spiller's ADP has decreased two full rounds in full ppr over the few weeks since he's had his knee scoped. People are hyperventilating that he's "already injured" etc. when he elected to clean up his knee in time to be ready by week 1. It's unfathomable to me how people can be so high on Spiller in one second and then let him fall so far in the next for such a dumb reason. There are mocks where I can grab him in the 6th round.

Though I think I may have underestimated Coleman. Dude has looked great this preseason. Doesn't change Spiller's prospects as much as it does Colston's, but the Saints passing game should be fine (even Snead came up with some nice catches).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Also one of the reasons I am really excited that Spiller's ADP has decreased two full rounds in full ppr over the few weeks since he's had his knee scoped. People are hyperventilating that he's "already injured" etc. when he elected to clean up his knee in time to be ready by week 1. It's unfathomable to me how people can be so high on Spiller in one second and then let him fall so far in the next for such a dumb reason. There are mocks where I can grab him in the 6th round.

Though I think I may have underestimated Coleman. Dude has looked great this preseason. Doesn't change Spiller's prospects as much as it does Colston's, but the Saints passing game should be fine (even Snead came up with some nice catches).

I'm with you. I don't know why but I have this love affair with the Saints where they always have my fantasy focus. My first year in fantasy I luck-drafted Jimmy Graham prior to his breakout, last year drafted Cooks/Khiry in the teen rounds in a keeper, and this year drafted Spiller across all three of my leagues and Coleman in two (incl. final round of keeper). Where I drafted Spiller, he's on my bench not because I moved him down there but because he was drafted after my starting spots were filled. That's crazy value for a guy who is clearly talented and if used properly can produce efficiently. Spiller doesn't work as a bellcow, but he sure as hell could produce as the Sproles of old.

I'm sure Colston is a nice man and gets his mother flowers every year, but if he can just get the hell out of the way that'd be great thanks

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Trying to get a trade together for his Greg Olsen.

My current TE is Ertz, he has Olsen, Daniels, and Gresham. His RB and WR are fairly terrible. I offered Brandon Marshall, straight up (my WR: Julio, Cooks, BMarsh, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Markus Wheaton. My RB: Jamaal, Miller, Yeldon, Crowell, McFadden, Knile Davis).

I think Ertz to Olsen is a big upgrade worth giving up Marshall, but now he says he wants a 2 for 1 and I should offer another player. Is there anyone on my team worth packaging or do I just tell this guy to go screw?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Trying to get a trade together for his Greg Olsen.

My current TE is Ertz, he has Olsen, Daniels, and Gresham. His RB and WR are fairly terrible. I offered Brandon Marshall, straight up (my WR: Julio, Cooks, BMarsh, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Markus Wheaton. My RB: Jamaal, Miller, Yeldon, Crowell, McFadden, Knile Davis).

I think Ertz to Olsen is a big upgrade worth giving up Marshall, but now he says he wants a 2 for 1 and I should offer another player. Is there anyone on my team worth packaging or do I just tell this guy to go screw?

Marshall for Ertz is a lowball offer, so you know. Offer him Marshall + Kniles and push how Kniles is an instant RB1 if Charles goes down. If he balks, offer DMC and provide links (I've posted these before) from Roto that say "DAL thinks DMC is the most talented back" or some such drivel. The last back I would offer for Olsen would then be Crowell.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

kiimo posted:

Drafting based on fear of injury is a slippery slope that slides you into a decision to draft Andre Ellington over DeMarco Murray last year.

Who said anything about drafting? I just want people to remember that before last year he was pretty drat injury prone. Right up there with Mathews and DMC.

I'll probably still take him if I see good value.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 4, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Who said anything about drafting? I just want people to remember that before last year he was pretty drat injury prone. Right up there with Matthews and DMC.

I'll probably still take him if I see good value.

There is a subtle difference between DMC and Mathews. DMC had a lot of repetitive injuries to the same soft-tissue areas (I call it Miles Austin Syndrome) whereas Mathews' documented injuries were not related to each other. His broken collarbone on like the first play of the season some years ago was followed by the most knee-jerky "INJURY PRONE" reaction from fantasy fans when that part of the body has never been a problem for him in the past.

One of the reasons why I am making this argument is because my favorite joke in all of fantasy is predicting that DMC gets injured during the coin toss.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Suave Fedora posted:

There is a subtle difference between DMC and Mathews. DMC had a lot of repetitive injuries to the same soft-tissue areas (I call it Miles Austin Syndrome) whereas Mathews' documented injuries were not related to each other. His broken collarbone on like the first play of the season some years ago was followed by the most knee-jerky "INJURY PRONE" reaction from fantasy fans when that part of the body has never been a problem for him in the past.

One of the reasons why I am making this argument is because my favorite joke in all of fantasy is predicting that DMC gets injured during the coin toss.

Sure, I'll give you that point, but some guys just get hurt a lot. DMC is basically a guarantee, but Mathews and Maclin have been pretty unreliable themselves in the past. Maclin has looked fantastic this pre-season and like I said if I see him with good value in my draft I'll take him but I still worry about him now that he got paid.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone just traded Jeremy Hill for Greg Olsen in a ppr keeper league (keep four, they are your first four picks) I'm in and I'm on tilt about it someone talk me down.

The only thing I can do to help me justify it is remember that we start 3 wr 2 rb with no flex and he's already keeping lynch and lacy but even then it only brought me down to where I'm at now.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Do you guys think I can get anything for brees in an 8 man 6PPTD standard league? I already have Wilson so he's just taking up a spot on my bench, so I'd like to try to work out a trade if possible. This is the team that seems like it could use an upgrade at QB and has a surplus of WR's which I could use at WR2/Flex (currently at WR I have OBJ, Jordan Mathews, Brandon Marshall, Cruz, and charles Johnson and allen Robinson. Not terrible options but there's definitely room for improvement, a couple I just snagged off the waiver wire after hearing some buzz)

He has:
QB- Matt Ryan
WR- Cobb, A. Jeffery, K. Allen, B. Cooks, Wallace.

I was gonna try and get him to trade me Cooks for Brees; but I think I'm overestimating Brees value, especially in an 8 man league. I doubt he'll agree to it so I'm guessing I'll probably end up either sitting on Brees for a bit and see how it all pans out or just drop him but I figured I'd ask.

Also, which of these WR/RB would you guys play for game 1? I can't decide on my flex, 0PPR. Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Charles Johnson, Allen Robinson, Jonathan Stewart. Marshall seems like the obvious choice to me but I just want to double check with the experts. I haven't heard anything about Stewart as of late but last I checked he was still the panthers only decent back.

(I'm new to this so if I'm terribly wrong that's why!!)

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
As someone who owns multiple shares of Joseph Randle, i'm banking on DMF breaking down yet again this year.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone just traded Jeremy Hill for Greg Olsen in a ppr keeper league (keep four, they are your first four picks) I'm in and I'm on tilt about it someone talk me down.

The only thing I can do to help me justify it is remember that we start 3 wr 2 rb with no flex and he's already keeping lynch and lacy but even then it only brought me down to where I'm at now.

probably an overpay, but the idea is that Olsen is going to have a monster season as the only remotely competent receiver on the Panther's roster. Considering that his completion for receptions at this point are Philly Brown, who has roughly 300 drops in the preseason, and an injured Devin Funchess, it's not the craziest idea I've heard.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

When I used to start going full tilt in video games (LoL was the worst) I would just tell myself "these awful players might be wasting 30 minutes of my life, but I've wasted 30 minutes of my life in much worse ways without outside influence" and it seemed to make me not be so upset at those people because they're not doing something I haven't done to myself.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

In a 13 team PPR league my running backs are Jonathan Stewart, Doug Martin & Rashad Jennings. Joseph Randle just became available and McFadden went undrafted. Would anyone here suggest going after one of these two or both?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Sure, I'll give you that point, but some guys just get hurt a lot. DMC is basically a guarantee, but Mathews and Maclin have been pretty unreliable themselves in the past. Maclin has looked fantastic this pre-season and like I said if I see him with good value in my draft I'll take him but I still worry about him now that he got paid.

If your list of "injury risks in the NFL" isn't "literally everybody" then you're doing it wrong.

Unless a dude is already injured you probably shouldn't be letting injury concerns modify your valuations*, and simply extrapolating future injuries from past injuries is real dumb.

*At this point I'm probably willing to cede slot receivers and TEs with concussion histories (I have zero shares of Cameron this year despite the big production I think he'll get when he's healthy), undersized running backs forced by their coaches to bang between the tackles, and skill players with frequent and recurring soft-tissue injuries to the same muscle groups (DMC). But notice that these are specific past injuries or present circumstances that have specific predictive utility for specific future injuries.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

probably an overpay, but the idea is that Olsen is going to have a monster season as the only remotely competent receiver on the Panther's roster. Considering that his completion for receptions at this point are Philly Brown, who has roughly 300 drops in the preseason, and an injured Devin Funchess, it's not the craziest idea I've heard.

I thought about this but I worry that Olsen is going to be focused super hard by defenses for the same reasons.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

If your list of "injury risks in the NFL" isn't "literally everybody" then you're doing it wrong.

Unless a dude is already injured you probably shouldn't be letting injury concerns modify your valuations*, and simply extrapolating future injuries from past injuries is real dumb.

*At this point I'm probably willing to cede slot receivers and TEs with concussion histories (I have zero shares of Cameron this year despite the big production I think he'll get when he's healthy), undersized running backs forced by their coaches to bang between the tackles, and skill players with frequent and recurring soft-tissue injuries to the same muscle groups (DMC). But notice that these are specific past injuries or present circumstances that have specific predictive utility for specific future injuries.

Some guys get hurt more than others and Maclin fits my criteria for that. I'll let someone else bite early if they like him that much and see who falls. Hell, I'm hoping Julio falls to me at #8 in my draft and he's got that problematic foot, so it's not a universal thing for me.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
The rumors of Joseph Randle's demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'm pulling for the guy not only because he's on my team but because every time he rushes for 3 yards all the fantasy pundits scoff and say "Murray would've had 5, this Randle guy is a scrub."

• Locked thread