Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

30 hours in and I have no problem saying it's my favorite game.... Of all time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

honestly i was hoping there'd be more old metal gear music, like the iPod in 4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like calling pequod for a pickup after a job well done and i get spotted by some random outpost on my way to the LZ, and from like 500m away hes like "hold on snake" and just blows up everyone there

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Fultoning all the vehicles in that convey without the Skull soldiers seeing me was even more nerve wracking than the hospital segment.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

honestly i was hoping there'd be more old metal gear music, like the iPod in 4

I'm desperate for Snake Eater.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Heck yeah a hot and sexy cutscene with Quiet because I maxed bond level I guess.

:frogon:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm desperate for Snake Eater.

mgs4 love theme would work really well for just riding a horse around the desert

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The rubber bullet assault rifle is my current favorite weapon. I can't tell how loud the guns supposed to be though.. if you listen to the firing sound it sounds no louder than a hole puncher or something, but it seems to alert a bunch of people in the area regardless.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so the game doesnt have tons of previous MG music? that sucks. was kind of expecting a few songs from each game.

i mean GZ had the boss theme from MGS1

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Shoehead posted:

*Radios for chopper pickup*

I'm gettin that tape

It's really good to have your chopper crest a hill with Ian Curtis' morbid voice seeping in as soldiers sprint in every direction and get exploded, screaming.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The rubber bullet assault rifle is my current favorite weapon. I can't tell how loud the guns supposed to be though.. if you listen to the firing sound it sounds no louder than a hole puncher or something, but it seems to alert a bunch of people in the area regardless.

all of the guns in the game kinda sound like nerf guns silencers or not and people still hear them from a mile away

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

so the game doesnt have tons of previous MG music? that sucks. was kind of expecting a few songs from each game.

i mean GZ had the boss theme from MGS1

i found Love Deterrence which is probably the worst track in metal gear history

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im also a little pissed that I need to put Toto - Africa in a custom music folder when it should be lying on the ground the moment you set foot in Angola.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jhsUCCwx04 you really should find this song almost immediately after starting the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

30 hours in and I have no problem saying it's my favorite game.... Of all time!!
I need to do more research before I can say for sure

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

i found Love Deterrence which is probably the worst track in metal gear history

That's my helicopter music. It's a cool guitar version.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

all of the guns in the game kinda sound like nerf guns silencers or not and people still hear them from a mile away

Yeah for how great the sound design is I was really disappointed the first time I loaded up a big beefy revolver and blew a man away with an apologetic "ponk" noise

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Shoehead posted:

If you see the Burning Man again try the water pistol on him. That's the kind of silly thing that I'd bet Kojima 100% anticipated.

This game lets you dick around so much it's great. Even if a mission glitches out you can still finish it. Like an early Africa mission has you tailing an interrogator and his translator to find the right prisoner to rescue. You're warned right off the bat not to interrupt them too early in case whoever is holding the prisoner is suspicious and executes them. Somewhere along the way I must have fultoned whoever was supposed to move the target because the two guys got to a house at nightfall to interrogate him and just stared at a wall for five minutes. I ended up fultoning them which pissed off Kaz and Ocelot and went on a scavenger hunt of clues that get left around the base to find my target. It was messy as hell but I got the job done.

I've just unlocked Quiet. How do I tell her to change position? It's not on the map and calling her just snaps my veiw to her.

i called a supply drop to a random place out of the way on that mission and it literally just happened to land right on the head of the guy guarding the target who was like standing alone in the middle of a swamp so i finished the mission in like 3 minutes . the target was right next to him so i just fultoned him. luckiest coincidence ever?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Afrikaans is such a rough language... People who speak it sound like assholes.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

in a surprising turn of events, the Games thread has already decided that MGSV is actually bad, because the story is "bad" and there are some hard parts.

no offense but i dont really want to read about how miserable other people are

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Shoehead posted:

If you see the Burning Man again try the water pistol on him. That's the kind of silly thing that I'd bet Kojima 100% anticipated.

This game lets you dick around so much it's great. Even if a mission glitches out you can still finish it. Like an early Africa mission has you tailing an interrogator and his translator to find the right prisoner to rescue. You're warned right off the bat not to interrupt them too early in case whoever is holding the prisoner is suspicious and executes them. Somewhere along the way I must have fultoned whoever was supposed to move the target because the two guys got to a house at nightfall to interrogate him and just stared at a wall for five minutes. I ended up fultoning them which pissed off Kaz and Ocelot and went on a scavenger hunt of clues that get left around the base to find my target. It was messy as hell but I got the job done.

I've just unlocked Quiet. How do I tell her to change position? It's not on the map and calling her just snaps my veiw to her.

I kept going back to Fulton more dudes in that mission because there were a bunch of a ranks in that area and ended up ruining my S rank on that mission but it was worth it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

no offense but i dont really want to read about how miserable other people are
I know. This is a positive thread. I'm sorry.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when does Sins of the Father actually play

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

does anyone know how to be FOB allies with friends, i only see how you can do it with random people

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tfw you knock yourself out with your own supply drop

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Afrikaans is such a rough language... People who speak it sound like assholes.

Dutch + English + Native South African words... It's freaking barbarous.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

All the tracks on tape 1 are original right? They did a really good job making fake 80s music.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Fultoning all the vehicles in that convey without the Skull soldiers seeing me was even more nerve wracking than the hospital segment.

I managed and then I LMGed the poo poo out of them, you knock off their armor with it and Quiet can headshot them. I only learned this on like my 20th try

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A while back Miller mentioned the conservation platform but I can't find it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

frank.club posted:

A while back Miller mentioned the conservation platform but I can't find it

When orbiting mother base in a heli while looking at the map you hit y

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when does Sins of the Father actually play

Mission 30 or 31, I forget which.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Every mission takes me like, 30-40 minutes at least, so it makes me very happy that there is a mission 31. I'm going to play mission 6 tonight.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do I make Quiet like me more.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

How do I make Quiet like me more.

Look at her in the helicopter, and take her on main missions.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You can do side ops with a buddy too I found out, I think how often you give them commands is what effects it but I'm not sure yet.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

All the tracks on tape 1 are original right? They did a really good job making fake 80s music.

Yeah I listened to those for the first time last night and just had to stop and bask in it until they were finished.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Look at her in the helicopter, and take her on main missions.

do i look at the horse to make it like me more?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm now playing with naked Snake in solidarity with my girlbro Quiet.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah, I think the bond has to do with how often you use their skills. It increases passively, too, while you're on missions with them, and I don't know if that increase is tied to things like riding D-Horse or having DD mark items and enemies. I think that whistling for D-Horse also adds a little bit. Telling DD to kill people also makes him feel like a real member of the team, so try doing that a lot while on side-ops or replaying missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

"Oh-oh, here she comes! Watch out boy, she'll chew you up!" right before Pequad chews up enemy soldiers with miniguns and rocket fire... So so epic.

I had Pequod open up with the minigun right as Billy Idol screams "RAIN HELL FROM ABOOOOOVE" right when that song first gets loud and it was sublime

• Locked thread