Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Lafell was dropped in my league about a week ago and I snagged him because my receiving depth sucks. Here's hoping it pans out. This is a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I <3 the pats, but I've been burned by their offensive stars changing week to week.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Reposting this since it seems to have been buried, any advice?

zeldadude posted:

Do you guys think I can get anything for brees in an 8 man 6PPTD standard league? I already have Wilson so he's just taking up a spot on my bench, so I'd like to try to work out a trade if possible. This is the team that seems like it could use an upgrade at QB and has a surplus of WR's which I could use at WR2/Flex (currently at WR I have OBJ, Jordan Mathews, Brandon Marshall, Cruz, and charles Johnson and allen Robinson. Not terrible options but there's definitely room for improvement, a couple I just snagged off the waiver wire after hearing some buzz)

He has:
QB- Matt Ryan
WR- Cobb, A. Jeffery, K. Allen, B. Cooks, Wallace.

I was gonna try and get him to trade me Cooks for Brees; but I think I'm overestimating Brees value, especially in an 8 man league. I doubt he'll agree to it so I'm guessing I'll probably end up either sitting on Brees for a bit and see how it all pans out or just drop him but I figured I'd ask.

Also, which of these WR/RB would you guys play for game 1? I can't decide on my flex, 0PPR. Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Charles Johnson, Allen Robinson, Jonathan Stewart. Marshall seems like the obvious choice to me but I just want to double check with the experts. I haven't heard anything about Stewart as of late but last I checked he was still the panthers only decent back.

(I'm new to this so if I'm terribly wrong that's why!!)

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

zeldadude posted:

Reposting this since it seems to have been buried, any advice?

For your start/sit I'd go with Stewart.

For your trade question if I was that guy I wouldn't trade Cooks for Brees when I already have Ryan, however in an 8 team league everyone has all studs on their team so who knows. Maybe pair up Brees and Cruz and see if he bites on name recognition?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Suave Fedora posted:

loving I hate Belichick.

I only had him in one league, but I'm not dropping him for Stevie Johnson just yet. I'm trying to put a value on Lafell and am falling short. Any guidance?

In terms of the possible injuries, who loving knows. Avoiding PUP is a good sign but I don't think we know when he comes back until he starts to practice in pads. I wouldn't gamble on him starting right now, but would feel comfortable stashing him for the start of bye weeks.

In terms of outlook, the short answer is "good". I don't think Wayne is much of a threat and he's still a talented guy that can produce well in this system.

Long answer starts with "losing James Develin to IR and Vereen to FA changes the whole offense". Develin (our FB) played about 22.5% of snaps last year, mostly in 2-RB sets, and Vereen played over half of our downs as an important piece of our passing game (sometimes split out to convert to a 3-wide set). Loosing both probably means that we lean even more on our already significant use of 2-TE sets (Hooman, almost exclusively a blocking tight-end, played 40% of snaps last year), possibly with some sporatic use of the "extra lineman" formations that he used last year against the Colts.

I think this is something Bill has wanted to do since Hernandez flipped his poo poo. We traded for Wright, and when that didn't work out, we extended Hooman and dropped 5mil on Chandler. With Develin gone, I think the use of TE sets are necessary to help the running game, and with Vereen gone, I think the use of single-back sets (such as 2-TE sets) are necessary to spread the offense. That's why I think that we don't shift to an emphasis on 3-wide sets instead: it's a detriment to our running game and our TEs are better than the depth WRs. As an aside, this is what led me to predict that Chandler has some big games that could take folks by surprise.

But where does this leave LaFell? Well, we relied on him as the primary vertical threat last year, and will do so again this year. 2-TE sets actually don't change that. The biggest threat to his target share I think would come from additional use of three-wide sets where he would have competition for targets from other similar receivers, but Dobson, Amendola, and Wayne aren't exactly studs at the moment and I think it's likely that the use of 3-wide sets will actually decrease from last year after the loss of Vereen.

So injury concerns aside, I think LaFell is in a really good place right now. He's still a lock for the vertical threat but the changes to the offense could mean that he has even less competition in that role than last year (where Amendola saw about 40% of snaps). I think it isn't out of the question that he gets 5-7 targets for 60 yards a game again, with a lot of touchdown upside as the primary vertical threat.

To compare him to receivers with similar roles, I'd personally value him above Wallace and Torrey in standard, but just below John Brown.

Of course, there's also an alternative story here where Dion Lewis was secretly a beast this whole time and we switch to 3-wide sets with Lewis running routes from the backfield, because Belichick.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 4, 2015

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Am I dumb or is Jonathan Stewart way undervalued this year?

He finished strong and with that defense and lack of receivers he should be going higher than the end of the 4th right?

He's old and has had injury issues but end of the 4th is way late for an everydown back.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

CowboyKid posted:

He finished strong and with that defense and lack of receivers he should be going higher than the end of the 4th right?

He's old and has had injury issues but end of the 4th is way late for an everydown back.

No, I like him a lot as a player.

But consider this hypothetical. You're a defensive coordinator playing the Panthers. You have Olsen in double-coverage, and the only other pass-catchers on the field are Tedd Ginn Jr. and Corey Brown. You also know that Cam is a threat to run. Do you stack the box?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

CowboyKid posted:

I've seen him usually going in the 4th in 12-team leagues which I think fits him just fine. He'll either be a wonderful RB2 for you or that offense will crash and burn and he'll get injured or otherwise burn with it.

The main knock I have on him is if I draft him even as an RB2, in my mind it's pretty critical to get Cameron Artis-Payne at the tail-end of the draft.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

No, I like him a lot as a player.

But consider this hypothetical. You're a defensive coordinator playing the Panthers. You have Olsen in double-coverage, and the only other pass-catchers on the field are Tedd Ginn Jr. and Corey Brown. You also know that Cam is a threat to run. Do you stack the box?

So Olsen should Drop as well?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm trying to think if Ellington or Stewart are a better start to run alongside Frankie Gore

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
We're getting pretty desperate here, but, 16 team league....who is better to stash on the bench: James Jones or Juwan Thompson? An injury to CJ or Hillman could provide J-Wan with value, and same goes for Jones if OBJ or Randle were to get hurt.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

CowboyKid posted:

So Olsen should Drop as well?

Olsen is going to see so many targets, it doesn't even matter if half of them are broken up. He is likely to grab 75-80 and could catch as many as 90-95 passes this year and I would not be surprised.

quote:

We're getting pretty desperate here, but, 16 team league....who is better to stash on the bench: James Jones or Juwan Thompson? An injury to CJ or Hillman could provide J-Wan with value, and same goes for Jones if OBJ or Randle were to get hurt.

Post your scoring, roster, and fantasypros "top available" page and we can give you better advice.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

railroad terror posted:

I said this earlier in the thread, but according to the Giants depth chart, Jones is Cruz's backup and Randle is behind OBJ. Not to mention the fact that Randle is an idiot who doesn't know how to run routes and that Eli should be funslinging like mad all season, I would bet that Jones has an easier track to fantasy relevance than Thompson. I currently have Jones on WW speed dial and if he even looks decent at all Week 1, I'm picking him up anywhere I have space and holding for at least a week or two and trying to flip him.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Forever_Peace posted:

Olsen is going to see so many targets, it doesn't even matter if half of them are broken up. He is likely to grab 75-80 and could catch as many as 90-95 passes this year and I would not be surprised.

Post your scoring, roster, and fantasypros "top available" page and we can give you better advice.

Goon beer league, 16 teams 0.5 PPR, 2RB 2WR 1FLEX 7 bench spots

current roster

Teddy Bridgewater
Antonio Brown
Mike Evans
Andre Ellington
Isaiah Crowell
Brandon Marshall
Heath Miller

Bench

Danny Woodhead
Eddie Royal
John Brown
James Starks
Lorenzo Talliaferro
James Jones
Matt Jones

e: Maybe I'll drop Talliaferro for Juwan.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

IIRC the whole NFC South has an insanely easy season. Julio Jones is going to be WR1

Thank you. This post inspired my first trade of the year

Send:
AJ Green + Arian Foster

Receive
Julio Jones + Darren McFadden

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

railroad terror posted:

Goon beer league, 16 teams 0.5 PPR, 2RB 2WR 1FLEX 7 bench spots

e: Maybe I'll drop Talliaferro for Juwan.

Good lord no, definitely keep Zo.

I'd stand pat unless there's a Dunbar/Khiry/Perriman/Parker/Stills/Coleman on the WW by some freak chance.

I would consider Josh Huff over Jones too.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

My league does a live draft but there was a gently caress up with the board order.
Anyone know any retail stores that typically carry draft kits?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Vic Lombardi
‏@VicLombardi

Broncos and Cowboys discussing a deal for Montee Ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress. Don't let that be true.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Are they going to have a different RB for each down?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Finally decided to give up on Perriman, dropped him for Free Agent Markus Wheaton.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Finally decided to give up on Perriman, dropped him for Free Agent Markus Wheaton.

What, not Ball?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The whole point of Perriman is to stash him until the middle of the season.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I said this earlier in the thread, but according to the Giants depth chart, Jones is Cruz's backup and Randle is behind OBJ. Not to mention the fact that Randle is an idiot who doesn't know how to run routes and that Eli should be funslinging like mad all season, I would bet that Jones has an easier track to fantasy relevance than Thompson. I currently have Jones on WW speed dial and if he even looks decent at all Week 1, I'm picking him up anywhere I have space and holding for at least a week or two and trying to flip him.

Several Giants writers have Jones being cut. He was playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game, that's likely not too good a sign.

Training camp depth charts are mostly meaningless.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Montee might finally regain some dynasty value for me after all. And at that moment, I will trade him.

Edit: It was all a dream... apparently no trade talks have happened.

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 4, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

The whole point of Perriman is to stash him until the middle of the season.

Constantly reading about no time tables just drives me nuts. We are on a FAAB system so I can try my hand there if I ever see he's coming back.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Montee stinking it up in Dallas would be incredible

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

89 posted:

Montee stinking it up in Dallas would be incredible

Man how hard of a fall from grace was that? He was last year's "NEXT BIG THING." I didn't get to watch any of DENS games, was it really that bad? If so, how did everyone get fooled so bad?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

OxySnake posted:

Man how hard of a fall from grace was that? He was last year's "NEXT BIG THING." I didn't get to watch any of DENS games, was it really that bad? If so, how did everyone get fooled so bad?

He had an emergency appendectomy in the preseason that he came back too early from, and then tore up his groin. His season pretty much ended before it began.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone knew he wasn't any special talent. People just figured a starter in one of the best offenses of all time HAS to be able to put up some numbers. Turns out he couldn't even do that.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Cmon guys, you IDP people need to join THE FRENZY

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735414

Also, if you've never done IDP before, it's a great way to learn. Trial by fire :getin:

Need at least 1 more, potentially 3 to get us up to 14

cmon fuckin goons i know you have nothing better to do than be in yet another gimmicky fantasy league that will drive you insane

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
As good as that line is, Ball sucks rear end.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

As good as that line is, Ball sucks rear end.

This sounds like some crazy rear end coke party. Just like the Cowboys of the 90's.

In a PPR league, would it be crazy of me to try and trade Julian Edelman for Jarvis Landry straight up?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Seebee posted:

This sounds like some crazy rear end coke party. Just like the Cowboys of the 90's.

In a PPR league, would it be crazy of me to try and trade Julian Edelman for Jarvis Landry straight up?

It would be pretty weird, considering that at some point, one of you looked at Edelman and Landry and chose the one that they currently have, and there is no discernable reason why the values would have changed since...

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Don't crush my yearly Darren McFadden dreams, bad football player :(

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

It would be pretty weird, considering that at some point, one of you looked at Edelman and Landry and chose the one that they currently have, and there is no discernable reason why the values would have changed since...

Brady's suspension was lifted, Landry has looked good in preseason

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I'm already thinking about who to start week 1, and I just don't know

4pt patd Bradford vs Tannyhills

.5 PPR choose 2
Landry vs Boldin vs R. White vs Ivory

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Forever_Peace posted:

Good lord no, definitely keep Zo.

I'd stand pat unless there's a Dunbar/Khiry/Perriman/Parker/Stills/Coleman on the WW by some freak chance.

I would consider Josh Huff over Jones too.

I love when a player in the same league as you asks a question here, is told 'No don't do that' and they do it anyway. :v:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Just checking my analysis dumbed brain: Brady is a better start than Eli, right? trading gio and Woodhead for Brady (whose owner has luck) since I drafted Eli in the 6th by accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Just checking my analysis dumbed brain: Brady is a better start than Eli, right? trading gio and Woodhead for Brady (whose owner has luck) since I drafted Eli in the 6th by accident

In a PPR league, I'd almost certainly rather have Gio and Woodhead and start Eli than make that trade. I don't remember where, but I saw some auction numbers updated after the suspension was lifted that had Rodgers as QB1 at like 20% of the budget, then Luck and Brady tied in value for QB2 for like 18% of the budget :psyduck: Am I the only one who thinks he'll be somewhere in the back half of the top 10?

• Locked thread