Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

Look at what these drat THUGS are wearing right there in the streets!

I think zoom suits literally were treated similarly to baggy pants and boxers but it was more racist towards Italians and latinos

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Salmon so excited to meet the president he jizzes on Obama's shoe

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think zoom suits literally were treated similarly to baggy pants and boxers but it was more racist towards Italians and latinos

Mostly Latino youths in the California crackdowns, but there was the later Harlem style zoot suit, which was treated with the about same respect as anything that African-Americans did.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's a cool picture from 10-15 years ago but nobody loving wears pants like this anymore you dusty out of touch cracker

Young men commonly dress like that here in the forgotten rural backwater of Los Angeles. I see it weekly.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Klaus88 posted:

As opposed to starting one or more wars if the other guys get elected? :nallears:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Was at the SSA office today and heard some genuine mad whitey in the wild.

Have some mad about welfare images to celebrate. :sureboat:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Funny how people never pick ridiculous white fashion trends to pearl-clutch about :

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Funny how people never pick ridiculous white fashion trends to pearl-clutch about :

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
socks an sandals are In right now dude

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So were a lot of gross fashions.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hi I'm Chandler could I BE wearing any more clothes?

https://vine.co/v/eI5rBHu1aUP

And if that doesn't count

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 3, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

spacetoaster posted:

I know, right? Public education and raised by the most liberal of Democrat parents. It's amazing that I'm even alive.

I've never understood the trend among conservatives of embracing ignorance, lack of education, and sometimes plain stupidity and a badge of honour or solidarity.

Koramei posted:

socks an sandals are In right now dude

It's September man.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
i wish

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

JoelJoel posted:

I've never understood the trend among conservatives of embracing ignorance, lack of education, and sometimes plain stupidity and a badge of honour or solidarity.

Truth.

Have these things caught on yet? I'd probably wear one if I lived where it actually rained.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Has anyone seen this lovely meme?

There are a whole bunch of these, but this one manages to be sexist as well. It's the sort of thing that might be kind of endearing self-deprecation if it were done by an actual Mexican, like Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck Dictionary, but it's probably some white guy laughing at Mexicans talking funny.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Gays Got Married

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Have these things caught on yet? I'd probably wear one if I lived where it actually rained.
That's just a prototype.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Truth.

You would be rightfully laughed out of Seattle if you were caught wearing that.

Anyways, guess who's going to jail?

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 3, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Solar Coaster posted:

You would be rightfully laughed out of Seattle if you were caught wearing that.

Anyways, guess who's going to jail?

quote:

U.S. District Judge David Bunning told Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis she would be jailed until she complied with his order to issue the licenses.

"To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision," she said through her lawyers.

What's the over/under on how long before she decides an eternity in hell isn't as bad as hanging out in a minimum sec jail.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Double post:

quote:

Tima, a Vancouver hairdresser who emigrated to Canada more than 20 years ago, said Abdullah and Rehan Kurdi and their two boys were the subject of a “G5” privately sponsored refugee application that was rejected by Citizenship and Immigration [Canada] in June, owing to the complexities involved in refugee applications from Turkey.

The family had two strikes against them – like thousands of other Syrian Kurdish refugees in Turkey, the UN would not register them as refugees, and the Turkish government would not grant them exit visas.

“I was trying to sponsor them, and I have my friends and my neighbours who helped me with the bank deposits, but we couldn’t get them out, and that is why they went in the boat. I was even paying rent for them in Turkey, but it is horrible the way they treat Syrians there,” Tima said.

Fin Donnelly, the [Member of Parliament] for Port Moody-Coquitlam, said he’d hand-delivered the Kurdis’ file to Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander earlier this year. Alexander said he would look into it, Donnelly said, but the Kurdis’ application was rejected in June. Alexander could not be reached for comment.

e: cross-post from the CanPoli thread

Leofish posted:

#ThrowbackThursday

Jan. 22, 2014 posted:

Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander publicly scolded the Ontario [Liberal] government today for defying the federal [Conservative] government's decision to reduce the level of health care available to refugee claimants.

Ontario introduced a new program, effective Jan. 1, that will provide refugee claimants with access to primary care and urgent hospital services as well as medication coverage regardless of their refugee status, following cuts to a federal program that administers temporary health-care benefits to refugee claimants.

"I've expressed our government's disappointment with the Ontario government's recent decision to reinstate health-care benefits to all asylum seekers and even rejected refugee claimants," Alexander said.

"Simply arriving on our shores and claiming hardships isn't good enough. This isn't a self-selection bonanza, or a social program buffet."

The immigration minister said Ontario was compromising the integrity of the system by putting "bogus" asylum seekers and "failed" refugee claimants ahead of Canadians who are seeking health-care services and refugees who are in need of real protection.

"This decision is irresponsible as it makes Canada, and Ontario in particular, a magnet for bogus asylum seekers."

Alexander said he raised the issue directly with Ontario's Health Minister Deb Matthews when he met with her last month.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 3, 2015

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spacetoaster posted:

Truth.

And you want to bitch about what other people wear.

Guess who didn't get the endorsement they wanted.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MizPiz posted:

And you want to bitch about what other people wear.

Awww, somebody got mad on the internet.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Oohhhh TLC, I think I know the answer to this one! It's "there'd be more drowned toddlers washing up on our coastlines".

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crashing anti-immigration rallies

https://youtu.be/2U4yc_z0z-4

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Socks were always meant to be worn with sandals.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's a cool picture from 10-15 years ago but nobody loving wears pants like this anymore you dusty out of touch cracker

As an inner city school teacher I can tell you that sagging is either still a thing or a thing again. Sorry.

picture unrelated.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
There's a few angry babbies in this thread, so if you get real mad about them gays and MAH RIGHTS then this is your trigger warning before you look below.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

fermun posted:

Socks were always meant to be worn with sandals.

The Romans did plenty of hosed up things.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008

From Linh Dinh’s blog "Postcards from the End of America:"

From Iowa:

quote:

57-years-old, Dean is from Holland, MI, but has lived in Ohio, Louisiana, California and Oregon. A ex-junkie and life long con man, he has been jailed for 10 years altogether, and when I met him on the train going through Iowa seven weeks ago, Dean had just been released from a Michigan prison. He let me in on some of the intricacies of barcode, check and credit card frauds, and said he’s a kind of Robin Hood, “I give money to the poor. I’m stealing for Jesus."

"So how come he lets you go to jail?”

“Because sometimes it’s good to go to jail.”

Edit: With regard to our discussion earlier:

Wallace Shawn posted:

"It’s obviously a characteristic of human beings that we like to feel superior to others. But our problem is that we’re not superior. We like the sensation of being served by others and feeling superior to them, but if we’re forced to get to know the people who serve us, we quickly see that they’re in fact just like us. And then we become uncomfortable - uncomfortable and scared, because if we can see that we’re just the same, well, they might too, and if they did, they might become terribly, terribly angry because why should they be serving us? So that’s why we prefer not to talk to waiters."

StickySweater fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 4, 2015

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Literally Esoteric posted:

There's a few angry babbies in this thread, so if you get real mad about them gays and MAH RIGHTS then this is your trigger warning before you look below.

A terrible birthday card.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Abdullah Kurdi buries his sons in Kobane

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

One of these men was punched by a Trump security guard.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
wrong thread

http://i.imgur.com/44qLVPj.webm

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Adbot