Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao Jesus christ, what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Look man the water heals her ok?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Dandywalken posted:

And there's a scene where your crew tortures her for no reason and big boss doesn't care?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Weird poo poo. Truly, the 80's were a strange time. A strange, torturous time.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The more I think about it the more I dig the ending.

That last tape from Big Boss to Venom is Kojima talking directly to the player. The true hero of Metal Gear has never been some fictional supersoldier, it's been you. You're responsible for all those perfect infiltrations and quick decisions, as well as all the fuckups where you get shotgunned to pieces by the guards. It also fits in nicely with the MG saga's fourth wall busting tendencies, and refines what MGS2 was saying about Raiden as player surrogate. Also, I love that the final Metal Gear game completely fucks up the already bullshit canon for the sake of making a philosophical point.

The only real downer for me was that my avatar looked nothing like me. I tried my best with that face editor, but it'd have been a truly brilliant ending if Venom had looked into the mirror and actually saw 'me' looking back at him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I made my avatar look like Geralt so maybe Kojima is saying that Witcher 3 is the true GOTY.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dandywalken posted:

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Under the vegetable posted:

you and anyone saying similar things to you is insane and i don't understand what the hell is going on. i like metal gear ok and all but this is legit the best video game i have ever played.

Under the vegetable posted:

saint's row 3 was unfinished and unsatisfying. this game could do whatever and i'd still love it forever. it's actually fun and interesting.

Did you reach the second half of the game yet? That's precisely where I think the game is unfinished. If you have and you still think reusing missions from the first half but now harder when the plot in the missions no longer makes sense to the overall plot then I dunno what to say.

The game kind of wasted my time because while it's a game I enjoyed playing, it's not the one I wanted to play nor was it the one it was really advertised as being. As it's own thing in a vacuum, it's a fun but flawed game. As part of the Metal Gear series of which I'm a huge fan of, I kind of went into it with expectations the game never really delivered on.

EDIT

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The more I think about it the more I dig the ending.

That last tape from Big Boss to Venom is Kojima talking directly to the player. The true hero of Metal Gear has never been some fictional supersoldier, it's been you. You're responsible for all those perfect infiltrations and quick decisions, as well as all the fuckups where you get shotgunned to pieces by the guards. It also fits in nicely with the MG saga's fourth wall busting tendencies, and refines what MGS2 was saying about Raiden as player surrogate. Also, I love that the final Metal Gear game completely fucks up the already bullshit canon for the sake of making a philosophical point.

The only real downer for me was that my avatar looked nothing like me. I tried my best with that face editor, but it'd have been a truly brilliant ending if Venom had looked into the mirror and actually saw 'me' looking back at him.

My problem with this is that it flies against what MGS 2 was saying. You're right in that it parallels MGS 2 with Raiden being the audience surrogate, but at the end of that game he renounces player control by throwing away your dog tags with your name on them, becoming his own individual person with his own life, deciding what he should do with the experiences he's had through the game. He started to break away from player control since the beginning of Arsenal. Instead of an everyday random Joe rookie, he had a much darker child soldier past. MGS V has the exact opposite message, where the player is Big Boss and he contributed to the legend just as much as Naked Snake did himself and you should congratulate yourself on being so awesome and it really rubs me the wrong way.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Sep 4, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This scene will be completely justified when someone does a model swap so Ocelot is in Quiet's place.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Did you reach the second half of the game yet? That's precisely where I think the game is unfinished. If you have and you still think reusing missions from the first half but now harder when the plot in the missions no longer makes sense to the overall plot then I dunno what to say.

The game kind of wasted my time because while it's a game I enjoyed playing, it's not the one I wanted to play nor was it the one it was really advertised as being. As it's own thing in a vacuum, it's a fun but flawed game. As part of the Metal Gear series of which I'm a huge fan of, I kind of went into it with expectations the game never really delivered on.

EDIT

My problem with this is that it flies against what MGS 2 was saying. You're right in that it parallels MGS 2 with Raiden being the audience surrogate, but at the end of that game he renounces player control by throwing away your dog tags with your name on them, becoming his own individual person with his own life, deciding what he should do with the experiences he's had through the game. He started to break away from player control since the beginning of Arsenal. Instead of an everyday random Joe rookie, he had a much darker child soldier past. MGS V has the exact opposite message, where the player is Big Boss and he contributed to the legend just as much as Naked Snake did himself and you should congratulate yourself on being so awesome and it really rubs me the wrong way.

Thing is though, he did the exact same poo poo in peace walker only about 100 times more annoying so i doubt it was that unfinished. Pw had you replaying missions/extra ops and then go hunt this guy down, repeat 7 times for the true ending!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Thing is though, he did the exact same poo poo in peace walker only about 100 times more annoying so i doubt it was that unfinished. Pw had you replaying missions/extra ops and then go hunt this guy down, repeat 7 times for the true ending!

True, but I think it worked better in Peace Walker because it was a portable game. You could play in bite sized chunks, a few missions at a time before you go do something else. At least, before the HD release of the game anyway. Whereas with MGS V, you've got to expend a lot of time and energy into the game, which is now open world for what is essentially the same kind of structure Peace Walker had.

It also helps that in Peace Walker, a lot of the side ops were frontloaded in the post-game, so you'd do a bunch of them, Zardonov escapes and you track him down, repeat until the true final boss happens whilst in MGS V it's the main story missions that get repeated but now harder to do, just to progress further into the second chapter and I think that makes all the difference.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

For those of you who have completed the game, is quiet actually worth bringing home if DD is closer to what I'm looking for in a buddy? I heard she causes trouble at motherbase if I don't bring her along, and she leaves anyway, unless I do some specific poo poo to prevent that.

If there are reasons to recruit her, are there ways to stop my men from knife fighting each other into my former staffers list because they hate her? Preferably without having to comb every inch of MB to get them all to salute me.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

A Lamer posted:

For those of you who have completed the game, is quiet actually worth bringing home if DD is closer to what I'm looking for in a buddy? I heard she causes trouble at motherbase if I don't bring her along, and she leaves anyway, unless I do some specific poo poo to prevent that.

If there are reasons to recruit her, are there ways to stop my men from knife fighting each other into my former staffers list because they hate her? Preferably without having to comb every inch of MB to get them all to salute me.

Quiet is less trouble than MB staff with the troublemaker stat.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The story of MGSV basically just hits every single prequel stumbling block.

I think my perception of its story is probably colored by the fact that I don't think we needed a Big Boss game after MGS3. Like, at all. That game covered the whole arc: it took Naked Snake from young, idealistic soldier to disillusioned and broken, and we could easily extrapolate where he is at the end of MGS3 to his fall into villainy. Peace Walker is a really fun game and I enjoyed it, but its story didn't really add anything to the series mythology. MGSV does the exact same thing as Peace Walker--telling another story in between MGS3 and Metal Gear without actually doing anything to further connect MGS3 to Metal Gear. And that doesn't bother me all that much, because I just don't think any of the story between MGS3 and Metal Gear actually needed to be told in the first place.

I'm a little disappointed, sure, but at least it's a really fun game to play and I get to collect a ton of '80s music and listen to it while I fulton dudes so I'm content.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The official guide explains voluminously how to get Heroism and Demon Points, and what Demon Points do, but not what Heroism's actual function is other than "at 150k+ you get the Hero achievement and can invade nuclear-equipped FOBs." I'm pretty sure it also influences the stats of volunteers and possibly also of enemies, but no one can confirm this and the only official documentation for whatever reason didn't think it important to explain what actually makes recruitable enemies have higher base stats even though they clearly go up over time in all areas based on something. I don't think it's just mission/story progress, but I don't know what else it could be other than Heroism.

I almost never see anybody less than a C-B now in stats even in Free Roam in Afghanistan. There seems to be no quality distinction except that on some missions high-value targets might have better stats, up to A++ or so. I'm assuming eventually S or better ranked soldiers will start appearing as volunteers and enemies, but what makes them so?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Heroism in peace walker would just get you volunteers and the higher the heroism the more quality volunteers you get plus better moral for all staff. I figured its just the same for tpp.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
edit: wrong thread!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I think my feelings on MGS V are extremely bipolar. I think it's both a great game and a bad one that somehow went vastly overbudget and doesn't feel overly finished. The thing is, I have to wonder if that duality is intentional because it perfectly mirrors Big Boss and Venom. Angry and betrayed, but still happy enough to play the role and keep the deception going and considering Venom is supposed to be a self-insert, it probably is intentional. Maybe.

I loathe the stupid pointless retcons, parasites being the new nanomachines and pretty much everything to do with Skull Face's backstory and the twist just raises questions about MG 1 and more than ever shows that game really needs a remake. The twist also lacks the emotional gutpunch needed for it to be executed well I think, even though I love the concept of the twist and the implications it has. The second half of the game uses copypaste missions from the first half but now harder over environments you've already been to but what you do in the missions make absolutely no sense to the story of the second half. I'm not going to say for definite that the game is unfinished because I got enough of Goons being angry at me for assuming that, but it definitely feels unfinished to me at least.

But on the other side of things, I really love the gameplay and attention to detail. You've got so many options to sneak through regions and guard posts and so many rather silly and maybe a little pointless but still fun things to do. Building up Diamond Dogs was just as satisfying as building up MSF was in Peace Walker, moreso even since you can walk along and explore the fruits of your labor. The world is very beautiful and I love how simple things like time of day or weather conditions changes how you approach missions.

The best way I'd personally describe the game is schizophrenic. It has conflicting identities and somewhat cleverly, that's reflected in the meta-narrative of the game itself, with Venom being Big Boss but also not Big Boss. But at the same time I'm not sure if the meta-narrative works as well here as it did with MGS 2. I'm also someone who played MGS 2 when it released and went in totally blind yet unlike many people the twists and subversions of that game never bothered me much. Which is why I'm kind of baffled at my own feelings towards MGS V for attempting something similar.

Sorry for the blog style post, but more than anything MGS V confuses me and I want to know if it's just me being dumb or if others feel the same way towards the game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Considering that this is like the dozenth post you've made that goes "I don't like this thing, is it just me, is it just me, I don't get it, is it just me, why is everyone so angry, is it just me," it's safe to assume that, even if it isn't just you, no one is particularly interested in answering the question.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

A Lamer posted:

I haven't seen anyone run without her, but there are definitely some late game scenes that aren't specifically hers which would probably play out differently without her. I wouldn't worry about her wrecking Mother Base, there will be plenty more trouble from other sources, but it would be interesting to hear how some things play out without her. Though you wouldn't know because you wouldn't have seen the other version. :psyduck:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I'm generally in agreement. There appear to be large chunks of a second act, and a short third act(which we know about), missing from the game. They appear to have spent so much time getting systems like recruitment and the environments up and running that the scope of content got narrowed and the story got cut down.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Happpy birrrrth DAY, congratulaaaaTIONS! Happy birthdayyyyy to YOU!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What are the chances the big cut final mission (Episode 51) will be DLC at some point in the near future? Kojima is still technically employed by Konami and they probably have the formerly-KojiPro team working on DLC (because why wouldn't they). I could easily see "THE FINAL EPISODE DLC, see how the story truly ends, $9.99" coming before the end of 2015.

That would be depressing, of course.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Harrow posted:

What are the chances the big cut final mission (Episode 51) will be DLC at some point in the near future? Kojima is still technically employed by Konami and they probably have the formerly-KojiPro team working on DLC (because why wouldn't they). I could easily see "THE FINAL EPISODE DLC, see how the story truly ends, $9.99" coming before the end of 2015.

Not as written. That cut content features an entire new free-roam zone and the battle against Metal Gear Gundam would bring even top-of-the-line gaming PC's to their knees. I doubt Kojima is going to be doing anything for the next three months besides trying to find work elsewhere before Konami gives him the boot.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 4, 2015

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Vikar Jerome posted:

Heroism in peace walker would just get you volunteers and the higher the heroism the more quality volunteers you get plus better moral for all staff. I figured its just the same for tpp.
That's what I figured, and it does seem to do that, but what I noticed is that enemies in Free Roam were also getting much better stats for whatever reason, often on par with troops I was getting. For example, I never get S volunteers, but I do get A++ volunteers, and I also very occasionally find A++ guys in Free Roam. In both cases A+ is very common now. Rare mission targets like the commander in A Hero's Way also sometimes get superior stats (one run he had A++ Combat and A+ everything else, the next A was the best he had and the rest B-C).

I think the way that works is if the mission reward is full (white number under GMP) then special characters also have the best stats, while they otherwise don't, and those stats are scaled to your Heroism (so redoing A Hero's Way every time it's white and extracting the commander should produce a superior recruit). In any event, the ranks of volunteers and free roam characters seem to be based on Heroism. I just ground out C2W* to max my buddy affections and bumped my Heroism from ~100k to ~150k, so I'll report back if I find anybody better than A++ (or find A++ more often) in Free Roam. If that's indeed what happens, with the rare S, then my guess is every ~50k Heroism or so bumps the max possible rank for soldiers you can acquire by one, and if you ever want to see S++ guys outside of rare mission enemies you probably need around 250k Heroism. If not, then maybe it's related to story progress somehow (except I'm only on Mission 18, so I'm not that far in I'd think).

* Bomb the anti-air radar and then keep doing C2W using the chopper minigun to complete the mission in <2min. 1600 Heroism and a Foxhound codename every time, plus D-Dog and Quiet will rank up (it doesn't seem to work for D-Horse, probably because you're only getting the "extracts on the chopper with you" boost and D-Horse can't get that). It also seems to refresh other missions back up to their max reward state, while lowering C2W down to like 200 GMP reward (but you still get 50k from the S Rank so if you equip cheap guns and a Battle Dress you won't die and will not go broke).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Not as written. That cut content features an entire new free-roam zone and the battle against Metal Gear Gundam would bring even top-of-the-line gaming PC's to their knees. I doubt Kojima is going to be doing anything for the next thee months besides trying to find work elsewhere before Konami gives him the boot.

I could actually see a new free-roam zone being fair DLC that I would willingly pay for, so you're right, it probably isn't going to happen.

That story content really does need to make it back into the game, though, somehow.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So could someone explain the heroism system? As far as I can tell, higher heroism gets you better volunteers, (and you can invade nuke-equipped FOBs?) but you can "become a demon" too by doing stuff like murdering people in FOBs and developing nukes (how do you even do this, by the way? I see the counter for how many nukes I've built / disarmed, but I don't see an option to actually do that), and that apparently makes your shrapnel horn grow? Do you get any other benefits to offset the loss of better recruits?

FOB invasions are a hell of a lot of fun, though I wish I didn't have the compulsion to quit missions to go defend my base every single time.

Thyself D. Mad
Jan 14, 2015

Harrow posted:

It's not like that hasn't happened before in the past (Asura's Wraith DLC), but at least they had the same people working on it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harrow posted:

If PP sold really well, I can see them making a half assed sequel out of the leftover content with a skeleton crew and charging full price or at least Ground Zeroes price. If not then lol

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So could someone explain the heroism system? As far as I can tell, higher heroism gets you better volunteers, (and you can invade nuke-equipped FOBs?) but you can "become a demon" too by doing stuff like murdering people in FOBs and developing nukes (how do you even do this, by the way? I see the counter for how many nukes I've built / disarmed, but I don't see an option to actually do that), and that apparently makes your shrapnel horn grow? Do you get any other benefits to offset the loss of better recruits?
Heroism and Demon status are actually different, but "Demon Points" are untracked. Your horn grows through 4 stages as you do dickish things. The big ones you'd get playing normally are from killing guys (it's a small amount but it adds up if you're murderous), worse if you execute people who are incapacitated already, and from building nukes (which also tanks your Heroism). If you completely max out on Demon Points you become "Demon Snake," and are permanently bloodstained all over no matter what uniform you wear or how often you shower. Disposing of nukes both raises Heroism and lowers Demon Points, as do things like rescuing POWs and animals. The threshold for Demon Points goes up with each state change so it becomes harder and harder to reach the next one but this also means if you swap between the small and medium horn enough eventually the threshold for maxing out the horn will be so high you'll probably never hit it.

Heroism appears to affect both the quality of volunteers and of random enemy soldiers. I suspect it also plays in with the "freshness" of mission status in terms of whether you can get elite recruits by extracting high-profile targets, but I need to test it. It goes up from achievements/trophies (max out your buddies for several big bumps) and good behavior and such, and since Demon Points are separate you can do something that gives you Demon Points (kill everyone in an outpost) and still earn Heroism (from liberating the outpost). I think Combat Team ops also give you Heroism with no Demon Points since Snake's not doing anything personally there. If you hit 150k or so Heroism after Episode 31 you earn the "Hero" title and achievement/trophy which is itself a big Heroism bump and also allows you to invade FOBs that have nuclear deterrents. You lose Hero status if your Heroism falls below 100k.

As far as I can tell you always want high Heroism so building a nuke is a really dumb idea unless you want the achievement/trophy as it docks you for like 50k Heroism. The demon thing is strictly cosmetic and hell you might even want it, and I don't know why you'd want nobody attacking your FOB.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It seems a little weird that people that people are clamoring to see Big Boss become a villain considering that after humanizing him in 3, 4 seemed to retcon out his villainy anyway.

Also where are people getting the info that the real final boss would have been too much even for supercomputers? It sounds like retarded marketing bullshit to me ie "we were going to put this amazing boss battle at the end, but it was just too insane for today's computers" when in actuality they just ran out of time and money.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DrNutt posted:

Also where are people getting the info that the real final boss would have been too much even for supercomputers? It sounds like retarded marketing bullshit to me ie "we were going to put this amazing boss battle at the end, but it was just too insane for today's computers" when in actuality they just ran out of time and money.

It would've required rendering a three-way battle in a much more graphically intensive environment than the intentionally stripped-down space used for the other Metal Gear fights, with at least as many units, including vehicles, as appear at any other point in the game.

That said, yes, the problem was that the final scenario as written was a) way over budget (I suspect a lot of this game was cut for budgeting purposes, given the anemic nature of things like Mother Base) b) not particularly doable given system constraints, and c) really stupid, even compared with other stuff the game does, writing-wise. Several plot beats come out of nowhere, it uses the get-out-of-writing-free card that is psychic kid voodoo five different ways, and it doesn't actually resolve anything or explain anything.

...how many emotionally vulnerable psychic children have piloted metal gears by this point? How many poorly developed Evil Government Men have they killed to set up final boss fights?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 4, 2015

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Too many. Time to stick some other weirdo in there.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

The only thing I dislike about this game is the amount of traveling you have to do on foot. Yes, you have Diamond Horse but you can't have Diamond Horse and your other buddy at the same time. And it's a pain to switch out buddies since it takes a long time for the air drops to happen. It's no fun to run 2 minutes to the next location.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Rabid Snake posted:

The only thing I dislike about this game is the amount of traveling you have to do on foot. Yes, you have Diamond Horse but you can't have Diamond Horse and your other buddy at the same time. And it's a pain to switch out buddies since it takes a long time for the air drops to happen. It's no fun to run 2 minutes to the next location.
Once you can Fulton vehicles you can deploy D-Dog and a jeep which I find a lot more useful than D-Horse (although it costs more, especially if you want the vehicle back since you have to re-Fulton it).

Also I don't think Heroism itself directly affects your staff rank after all, or there's a combination of Heroism and story progress gating it. Increasing Heroism significantly without doing any new missions didn't net me any better recruits than before, still stuck in the A+/A++ range. It's possible you need to be in Part 2 or something, I have no idea.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

It would've required rendering a three-way battle in a much more graphically intensive environment than the intentionally stripped-down space used for the other Metal Gear fights, with at least as many units, including vehicles, as appear at any other point in the game.

That said, yes, the problem was that the final scenario as written was a) way over budget (I suspect a lot of this game was cut for budgeting purposes, given the anemic nature of things like Mother Base) b) not particularly doable given system constraints, and c) really stupid, even compared with other stuff the game does, writing-wise. Several plot beats come out of nowhere, it uses the get-out-of-writing-free card that is psychic kid voodoo five different ways, and it doesn't actually resolve anything or explain anything.

...how many emotionally vulnerable psychic children have piloted metal gears by this point? How many poorly developed Evil Government Men have they killed to set up final boss fights?

I wonder if developing for last gen systems too crippled the game. I refuse to believe that final chapter couldn't be done on PS4, Xbone or PC. But I could believe it wouldn't work on PS3 and 360.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Discendo Vox posted:

I mean since mission 51 was supposed to be you fighting Sahelanthropus a 2nd time anyway but with all the extra bullshit going on, they could have just cut out all the extra stuff and did a repeat of the 1st fight set in the jungle (instead of having it be mission 50). Even if it would come off as phoned in at least the final cinematics & Miller debriefing tapees would have made its way into the full game and would have served as a much more satisfying ending than losing Quiet forever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I wonder if developing for last gen systems too crippled the game. I refuse to believe that final chapter couldn't be done on PS4, Xbone or PC. But I could believe it wouldn't work on PS3 and 360.

That final chapter couldn't be done on PS4 or, particularly, Xbone.

Bubba Smith posted:

I mean since mission 51 was supposed to be you fighting Sahelanthropus a 2nd time anyway but with all the extra bullshit going on, they could have just cut out all the extra stuff and did a repeat of the 1st fight set in the jungle (instead of having it be mission 50). Even if it would come off as phoned in at least the final cinematics & Miller debriefing tapees would have made its way into the full game and would have served as a much more satisfying ending than losing Quiet forever.

We were spared. That additional "ending" effectively changed nothing and continued to provide no explanation for any of the characters' motivations, while opening new plotholes.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

We were spared. That additional "ending" effectively changed nothing and continued to provide no explanation for any of the characters' motivations, while opening new plotholes.

Yeah, an ending that explained why Liquid hated Big Boss so much added nothing to the game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

That ending also explained why Venom falls to the dark side and becomes more and more desperate so to say it's pointless and gives no explanation of characters motives is pretty blatantly untrue.

• Locked thread