Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Rockstar Codes #1

2FV2L7-9RV59L
9C2JPC-F72LJ6
RSFM49-4WC83L
J88LV7-9CL68L
HP4F3W-PM2667

EDIT: All used up!

The font on the tabs is tiny and a little hard to read, but I think I transcribed all of them accurately enough.

EDIT: Screens!

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Took me a while to get my first hood ornament

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Speaking of which, I have a ton of those Rockstar tabs--I wasn't kidding about buying a hundred pounds of the poo poo when they were on sale at Costco. I currently have a ziplock of 30 or 40 of them I can start posting on and off if people are interested in the hood ornament.

If you end up winning the custom RZR 4x4 Rockstar is offering, you better give it to me though :argh:

That'd be cool, the more customization the better.
Hopefully someone doesn't fly by and swipe them all instantly.

You might want to spoiler tag them or something so the guests can't swipe them.(I think that stops them from being able to?)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Deakul posted:

That'd be cool, the more customization the better.
Hopefully someone doesn't fly by and swipe them all instantly.

You might want to spoiler tag them or something so the guests can't swipe them.(I think that stops them from being able to?)

Oh I don't know if that works but I spoilered them anyway.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What do I do with the code it gives me? It says to enter it in the game itself but I don't see anywhere to do that and trying to register it on Steam gives me an invalid message. :ohdear:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Deakul posted:

What do I do with the code it gives me? It says to enter it in the game itself but I don't see anywhere to do that and trying to register it on Steam gives me an invalid message. :ohdear:

Dude I have no idea, I was just coming in here to post this. If you sign into WBPlay it doesn't yield any places to input the code, and Steam won't directly take it as a code either. The Rockstar website says something about entering the code inside of your game, but there's nowhere obvious to do that. Bizarre.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I really like the preorder DLC hood ornaments. Pretty much all of them are references to the older Max movies, and you have to find them in the wastes rather than on convoys. Really cool.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Game owns. I think my only complaint is the distinct lack of Australian accents. Like, Max's voice kinda sucks, and I haven't run into any other Aussies. I mean, there were more Australian accents in Borderlands 3.

Come on, man. Griffa is Aussie as gently caress, spray-painted on black stove-pipe jeans bogan. There is a Aussie female too, she voices a lot of the Wasteland people you drive up to and they give you a mission or whatever. The chick is Aussie as all hell. There are heaps of Aussies, and I'm still loving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlXmSAAGyk

That's me taking down a convoy.. it gets interesting :) Just to showcase how the actual car combat and game plays out, yeah yeah, I know I could have ended it here and there but I wanted to go through a few weapons and just really make a show of it. Them running me over at the end I couldn't help though! gently caress!

Max's 'You wanna hurry up?' at Chumbucket during the first repair is Aussie as gently caress. It's awesome. I was thinking exactly that, come on man we gotta chase the convoy and then Max said that. Game owns.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yall this game is a hell of a lot of fun

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

This thread's been moving too fast for me to really keep track, but is anyone else having trouble with Pinkeye's truck driving mission? I make it to the Jaw okay, but then when I get mobbed I'm left trying to maneouver a sluggish truck that handles like poo poo with only my meager stock of shotgun ammo to fend off attacks in the flanks and rear. To make things worse, they keep spawning in more assholes. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to tough it out?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
A few screenshots. I forgot to turn subtitles off, but some of them are kind of appropriate:

A little late on the button with this one, but I'm glad I caught the dude zip-lining:

If you look closely in this one you can see Max getting knocked rear end over tea kettle. Unfortunately I couldn't get the Warboy splatting against the wall like a bug on a windshield in frame and still have the picture make any kind of sense:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I haven't heard anyone mention it, but that's clearly a totally different voice actor for a handful of Max's lines right? There's the regular actor who's decent enough, but outside of cutscenes whenever Max says a brief line it's some mushmouthed probably-American guy doing a really bad Australian accent. He sounds like Vin Diesel trying to sound Aussie and it kind of takes me out of the game.

It'd bother me more if it wasn't totally hilarious.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Doing the thunderstick trick to one guy is alright, but when his friends are around, it's hilarious:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

I haven't heard anyone mention it, but that's clearly a totally different voice actor for a handful of Max's lines right? There's the regular actor who's decent enough, but outside of cutscenes whenever Max says a brief line it's some mushmouthed probably-American guy doing a really bad Australian accent. He sounds like Vin Diesel trying to sound Aussie and it kind of takes me out of the game.

It'd bother me more if it wasn't totally hilarious.

Like in the vid I posted above where Max says 'you wanna hurry up?'. No, that's as Aussie bloke as I've ever heard.

But they did do a lot of re-voicing for Max, originally he was going to be an American but people got lovely about it and they changed it. Then he woulda been just another American action hero but as he is now there is something a lot more real about him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Maybe it's the same guy and he just had a head cold or something on the day when he was doing all the in-game incidental dialogue. It sounds like a completely different person.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
e: doublepost

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I think the lesson I take from playing this game is that Fallout 4 is not going to be anywhere near as stable, or optimized, and that makes me sad. I'll still buy it of course because :drat: I love post-apocalyptic settings.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I found out you could get into that ruined Airport by boosting around the walls but was only able to collect one of the scrap/history drops. Do you go back there on a submission or something/

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Despite mostly ignoring them at the beginning, I've come to really like the random salvage spots. I mean, the scrap you get is garbage and it's doesn't really contribute much to your advancement mechanically--unless you're going for parts/car bodies/etc--but some of them are really neat, and I love the little historical scraps and comments Max makes here and there. It's a nice bit of incredibly depressing post-apocalyptica that a nerd like me totally eats up.

Also in a general sense I'm very impressed with how visually interesting the landscape is despite being in many respects your usual blasted desert wasteland. I totally get sidetracked just driving around and taking in the sights, especially around sunup and sundown.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Rockstar Codes #1

2FV2L7-9RV59L
9C2JPC-F72LJ6
RSFM49-4WC83L
J88LV7-9CL68L
HP4F3W-PM2667

Either you misread all of them or every single one of these has already been taken. And no one bothered to say they took 'em. Geez guys.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Crabtree posted:

I found out you could get into that ruined Airport by boosting around the walls but was only able to collect one of the scrap/history drops. Do you go back there on a submission or something/

Dunno if spoilering this is really necessary, but to be on the safe side: There's a story mission that'll take you there later.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Witness me, brothers! :getin:

The top tier scarecrows blow up real nicely.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Arthil posted:

Either you misread all of them or every single one of these has already been taken. And no one bothered to say they took 'em. Geez guys.

Yeah probably got taken in the last couple of hours. I've got eyes like a hawk.

Round #2:

EDIT:

RFX6HX9HFRPM
RFMJN2TPRTC7
C4MFT8FL7V93
392CNFX7CW6N
R6FVK55FWK26

All used up!

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 5, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I think Max's voice works pretty well for me, specifically later on in the story. Max in general was written with respect to the established character from the films.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 5, 2015

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to take one but how do you use it? We've discussed that there is no way to use this code on the PC version, I thought?

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I figured I should jump on the $20 offer a few pages back even though I'm still unsure of the FOV. I figure if it's anything like GTA then I'll be good, so thanks to Whitezombi for posting that link.

Whitezombi posted:

It's still $20 here:

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc?gclid=CKzDtpHb28cCFc0lgQodEnQEFg

It's legit. Been playing it since it came out. I used paypal to pay.

:fuckoff: rest of yall for not helping at all

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone beat the story missions yet? I'm curious how long the main game is

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah probably got taken in the last couple of hours. I've got eyes like a hawk.

Round #2:

RFX6HX9HFRPM
RFMJN2TPRTC7
C4MFT8FL7V93
392CNFX7CW6N
R6FVK55FWK26

Used this one: RFMJN2TPRTC7 everything below that is already been used/invalid.

Edit: Also uh... y'know there's not even a mention of PC on the website for this. I'm kind of worried we might be left out... Like you can't even download the silly car made out of Rockstar Energy Drink parts on PC.

Arthil fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 5, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Tony Montana posted:

I'd like to take one but how do you use it? We've discussed that there is no way to use this code on the PC version, I thought?

Currently it doesn't look like there's a way to actually PUT the code into the game for some asinine reason, but the Rockstar website indicates that "your code always shows on the download page when signed in [to the Rockstar Mad Max page]", so once you redeem a code, write it down, copy+paste it onto a note, or just remember your Rockstar login credentials to retrieve it (hopefully) at a later date.

Hopefully Avalanche figures out what the problem is in the meantime.

Arthil posted:

Used this one: RFMJN2TPRTC7 everything below that is already been used/invalid.

Edit: Also uh... y'know there's not even a mention of PC on the website for this. I'm kind of worried we might be left out... Like you can't even download the silly car made out of Rockstar Energy Drink parts on PC.

Nah, it says PC when you get your key:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

UIApplication posted:

Anyone beat the story missions yet? I'm curious how long the main game is

A couple people have, can't remember who. Sounds like the game is relatively short if you focus on only doing the main missions, but that's not surprising.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this race for the v8 loving sucks

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah some dude was like 'how about that ending?' on like the second day after release. Thankfully he was met with silence.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Blind Sally posted:

A couple people have, can't remember who. Sounds like the game is relatively short if you focus on only doing the main missions, but that's not surprising.

Always the case. I remember complaints from people saying Sleeping Dogs was only 12-15 hours as they just mainlined the story missions, whereas my first run to 100% was 44 hours. If you're enjoying fannying about in the wilderness you can always double or treble the story mission time.

I've been impressed so far that the missions haven't felt so locked in as normal, I get told to drive to a place and when I'm there I do some fighting, but along the way I can get as distracted as I like. I can collect cars, do side missions, collect salvage, do some races. I like that much more than "a mission has started and now you can't go and play".

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

like this race is so goddamn lovely im thinking about putting this game down over it

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

jabro posted:

and his ex also released a phone convo.

"You should just loving smile and blow me" has been my computer startup sound for months ever since I got round to listening to that convo. It's awesome.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So someone before said it was lame how the Big Nothing actually didn't have much there and your health just went down. Here is a vid of me just driving along, hitting a car becaue why not and then noticing off in the distance smoke rising. I drive right off the map to it and find stuff, water and loot.. and I press the left stick at one point and states the region as 'Big Nothing'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j83gcAJP7dc

It's obviously not very far off the beaten path, but it is there and it's not content on the map. Perhaps just driving off in a random direction doesn't get you much, but if your just driving around enjoying the game (rather than racing through story missions) there is poo poo out there.

edit: I also display my fighting style which is not hang back for the counter like a bitch, but beat them to the strike and follow through :) I get hit a bit but it's a lot more dynamic and fun for me.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 5, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
There are some trucks in Pink Eye's turf that like to squirt fire out of their back end.

They are very flammable.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Tony Montana posted:

So someone before said it was lame how the Big Nothing actually didn't have much there and your health just went down. Here is a vid of me just driving along, hitting a car becaue why not and then noticing off in the distance smoke rising. I drive right off the map to it and find stuff, water and loot.. and I press the left stick at one point and states the region as 'Big Nothing'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j83gcAJP7dc

It's obviously not very far off the beaten path, but it is there and it's not content on the map. Perhaps just driving off in a random direction doesn't get you much, but if your just driving around enjoying the game (rather than racing through story missions) there is poo poo out there.

edit: I also display my fighting style which is not hang back for the counter like a bitch, but beat them to the strike and follow through :) I get hit a bit but it's a lot more dynamic and fun for me.

That's not what was advertised as the Big Nothing though. I've been to that spot, and it showed up as a scavenging location on my game. You haven't gone into it really until it's like a storm has hit, without the lightning, and your health steadily drops. I can't remember if it was actually the developers who stated that's what it was going to be, or if it was just someone who played an early dev copy.

I love the storms in this game, and I wish the option of just driving into one for awesome scrap rewards at anytime was there, but I understand why it is not, as it would make collecting scrap a joke. I can already afford most upgrades as they come available, having an infinite source of 100 scrap (plus 50 bonus) whenever I wanted it would be overkill.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I was confused too because I thought if you drove into the big nothing it was supposed to be procedural terrain with Mothaloot crates in it but high danger, just like storms. Instead it's a big pain field that kills you and what you really want is to wait for a storm.

So as far as I can tell it either got cut or was misinterpreted.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/03/06/10-badass-things-we-did-in-mad-maxs-open-world.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

quote:

Drive Into The Big Nothing

After Avalanche Studios told me that Mad Max's sizeable open Wasteland has soft boundaries, the first thing I did was drive straight for the edge of the map. The geographical indications that you're leaving the defined territory of the world are subtle. Gradually, things become flatter, dustier, and more desolate. Then, "Warning: You are entering The Big Nothing" flashes on the screen around the time you see a gigantic wall of sand rising off in the distance. The huge sandstorm seems like it might take several minutes to intercept you, but it barrels forth at a surprising clip.

Eventually, Max and his Magnum Opus are enveloped in a blinding cloud of dust. The winds send pieces of deadly debris flying towards your car, threatening to shred it to bits. However, the player's impetus (beside suicide) for driving into The Big Nothing lies within the extra-rare pieces of useful scrap metal flying within the storm. Unfortunately for me, my car is struck by the storm's lightning and explodes before I can collect anything useful.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/80205/20150828/mad-max-game-map-limit-will-run-1080p.htm

quote:

"There are no finite limits to the map... in other words, there is no 'one side'. You can continue driving into The Big Nothing until you get bored or killed," he said.

It's when players drive past the borders of the map, they enter The Big Nothing — the desert that is flatter and more desolate than the various regions. Just be careful of the sandstorms that ripped Max and his vehicle to shreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
More from my latest playsession, decided to move up north and do Pink Eye stuff, I've been clearing the south for long enough.

I liked this Top Dog encounter in a ruined towns basement. Unexpected.

Mad Max is the best Fallout game in years

Boom Buggies are awesome

Loved the design and feeling of this balloon outpost

Roadkill encounter

• Locked thread