Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Name everyone in FF9 Steiner, if only for a scene at the end where Steiner says how he's fighting for Steiner, Steiner, Steiner, Steiner, Steiner, Steiner... and Steiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Name everyone in FF9 Steiner, if only for a scene at the end where Steiner says how he's fighting for Steiner, Steiner, Steiner, Steiner, Steiner, Steiner... and Steiner.

I never realized Steiner was so conflicted :(

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Don't forget about naming everybody in FF6 "Esper".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i just name everyone hank

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i name people their names

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

yeah, hank strife and hank lockheart

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

and syd barrett

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

i just name everyone hank

"the planet's dyin hank"
"not my problem dale"

actually so does that make aeris ming or nancy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I like how he's got Steppenwolf and Moon-Watcher in there, completely not fitting with all the other lovely names because he stole them from actual good books.

Edit: Tobor next to Voni-Ca, wtf. I guess a giant 50s robot decided to randomly mary random vowels strung together.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 5, 2015

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The White Dragon posted:

"the planet's dyin hank"
"not my problem dale"

actually so does that make aeris ming or nancy

Aeris is clearly Bobby.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Redcorn XIII

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I name them all after muppets.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I do this in FFVI and Pokémon so they aren't always shouting their names.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

How the gently caress old is Knuckles in the comics? He's got great great great grandchildren and all that?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Some story parts were questionable, like the entire existence of Genesis entirely. Game was still really enjoyable though I agree and probably one of the most painful endings to game I've played.

Crisis Core got tedious. That's the only thing I didn't like about it. There wasn't enough variety in gameplay that was fun. The ending was suffering though. Real tears.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

How the gently caress old is Knuckles in the comics? He's got great great great grandchildren and all that?

Time travel/future stories, of course.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SonicRulez posted:

As best I can tell the tree is read from bottom to top and Knuckles only has a daughter? I've been thinking a lot about this and

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

STEPPENWULF THE ECHIDNA

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Time travel/future stories, of course.

Let me tell you about a little thing called the Summers-Grey Family. Knuckles will seem sensible and simple by comparison.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I thought Knuckles was supposed to be like the last echidna or something.

No, Shade doesn't count because Sonic Chronicles was a non-canon fanfiction with OC inserts.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I thought Knuckles was supposed to be like the last echidna or something.

No, Shade doesn't count because Sonic Chronicles was a non-canon fanfiction with OC inserts.

he was, but then ken penders was given an assignment to write a knuckles spinoff comic without any of the other characters in it and he just made a bunch of other ones up so he could, you know, have people in his comic

also he is insane which may have contributed to it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

none of them exist anymore though because ken won a lawsuit and now owns them

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I thought that was the point of why it was even brought up - the whole topic of "personal canon." Penders has his own canon now which he won from the comic which had to reboot to make up their own new canon.

I really wonder what the judge for this case thought. "No Your Honor, these fictional talking animals are MINE!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I thought that was the point of why it was even brought up - the whole topic of "personal canon." Penders has his own canon now which he won from the comic which had to reboot to make up their own new canon.

I really wonder what the judge for this case thought. "No Your Honor, these fictional talking animals are MINE!"

I'll just point out that one of the most tightly guarded and well-protected IPs in the world is a talking cartoon mouse.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Haha, his girlfriend is the daughter of Mari-Su.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

iirc the judge basically said that whoever drew up the contract did a terrible job, but it really did give him the characters and not archie or sega

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mods please change the thread title to FINAL FANTASY VI: THE PHANTOM TRAIN

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Fister Roboto posted:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

This must happen.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

That loving Sned posted:

I do this in FFVI and Pokémon so they aren't always shouting their names.

That's kinda annoying in Pokemon though because you end up with things like a Charizard named Charmander.

Fister Roboto posted:

Metal Gear Sabin: The Phantom Train would be better than most actual Metal Gear games. :colbert:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: post isn't edit.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, this would be alright.

I just... don't even want to give Konami the money. No Suikoden, no sale!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Fister Roboto posted:

I have no objections to this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Interview with Tabata the artist. Tabata's favorite FF is 6, and his favorite character is Zack (of course).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/09/04/tabata-final-fantasy.aspx

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

finally a worthy title

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Zack's a great Final Fantasy protagonist, in that he so isn't. It's mindboggling how good a character he is.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

Zack's a great Final Fantasy protagonist, in that he so isn't. It's mindboggling how good a character he is.

Final Fantasy is filled with better characters. There's just not much to the guy, even Cloud has more depth.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

"Even Cloud" is rather unfair to Cloud. I think he easily has some of the best character development in the franchise. He's very different from most of his fellows and I still think "FFVII used to be Xenogears" is plain to see here with how similar he and Fei are.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zack is not a particularly deep character but he is a solid likable character with a straightforward and fairly well executed plot arc. That puts him on the high end of JRPG protagonists. (If just because JRPG protagonists so rarely hit all of those marks.) There are better and more ambitious characters but I can understand him being someone's favorite.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

my favorite final fantasy hero is delita heiral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

my favorite final fantasy hero is delita heiral

Mine's Marche.