Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
i absolutely cannot wait to tear into crowds using the detonation perk when I get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

cliffdiver posted:

It took me several rounds to find a group that could beat Hans.

Either way, Firebug is slowly creeping up on Zerk as my favorite perk.

Han's feels way harder to deal with after the nerf to his ranged, his melee rushdown attack basically two shots a guy if they aren't armored or blocking. Fleshpounds are abit harder to brute force with supports too since they shield their upper body with their arms now.

Having a zerker feels almost mandatory now.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Not since the buff it got. The trench gun has a ton of knockback and makes zeds panic something fierce, along with setting them on fire. It's pretty dang good and cool.

I mean yeah the double barrel would've just killed them all but the trench gun is cool about it.

I think you're underestimating just how cool double barrels and AA-12's are

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
the new charging move they gave fleshpounds is terrifying

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Drakes posted:

Han's feels way harder to deal with after the nerf to his ranged, his melee rushdown attack basically two shots a guy if they aren't armored or blocking. Fleshpounds are abit harder to brute force with supports too since they shield their upper body with their arms now.

Having a zerker feels almost mandatory now.

Behind Medic, I think Berserker might be the most important class. I may be biased because I really like Berserker, but it generates a lot of extra cash and can tank really nicely. The ability to knockdown Scrakes and Pounds is just icing on the cake.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I finally got the Siren resistance perk and my enjoyment level with the Demo has gone up immensely. They should definitely get more nades overall as you level. And maybe a passive ammo bonus to all weapons/reload time per level? Demo is just too weak, but giving a ton of grenades and stuff as he leveled would help his up-close survivability a lot.

edit: also the class that reloads the most having no tac reload perk/reload speed bonus, lol.

played on a great Super Mario World level and still got perk progress, woop:

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 5, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I love how filthy the levels get in these games.

Up the body count to 75.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Behind Medic, I think Berserker might be the most important class. I may be biased because I really like Berserker, but it generates a lot of extra cash and can tank really nicely. The ability to knockdown Scrakes and Pounds is just icing on the cake.

Don't know if its intended but 2 medics, a zerk and everyone else has any high damage class really can hill HoE hans very easily, just have the zerk stand in front of him and block endlessly while the medics keep him alive and everyone unloads.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What perks do you people run on pyro and demo?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Inside Out Mom posted:

I love how filthy the levels get in these games.

Up the body count to 75.

I've played around with performance and INI changes, and I've been able to bump it to 100 bodies and some ludicrously long decal time on High settings. The game looks hilarious after a wave or two, especially the really corridor heavy custom maps.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
A viscera cleanup detail crossover of kf2 would drive people insane

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

To be honest I'd buy it just for being able to hit people with a mop.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Coolguye posted:

I want it so badly

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I've played around with performance and INI changes, and I've been able to bump it to 100 bodies and some ludicrously long decal time on High settings. The game looks hilarious after a wave or two, especially the really corridor heavy custom maps.

I'd love to try this, but for some reason, I'm getting somewhat-less-than-60 on my computer, even if it seems to meet the recommended req's. Is it a RAM issue or...?

Coolguye posted:

Entire areas would have to be caked with blood, let's be honest.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It'd be pretty awesome if they implemented some sort of water ripple shader for when there's that much blood on the floor. It's still just a decal but make it look like you're several inches deep in blood!

or Knee deep in the dead. :doomguy:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Oh my god Zerk is so much more fun than it was before. I am loving the poo poo out of it now. So many flying heads and smashed skulls with the sword. :fap:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

closeted republican posted:

Oh my god Zerk is so much more fun than it was before. I am loving the poo poo out of it now. So many flying heads and smashed skulls with the sword. :fap:

try the V melee hit, it's amazing for popping heads on sirens etc while they're in a group.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

It'd be pretty awesome if they implemented some sort of water ripple shader for when there's that much blood on the floor. It's still just a decal but make it look like you're several inches deep in blood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLV2GhDGtzQ I think it's not in the game yet, but man it's coming.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I finally got the Siren resistance perk and my enjoyment level with the Demo has gone up immensely. They should definitely get more nades overall as you level. And maybe a passive ammo bonus to all weapons/reload time per level? Demo is just too weak, but giving a ton of grenades and stuff as he leveled would help his up-close survivability a lot.

edit: also the class that reloads the most having no tac reload perk/reload speed bonus, lol.

played on a great Super Mario World level and still got perk progress, woop:

please timg that image, also I agree, maybe make it so Demo gets 3 more Grenades every 5 levels or something?(and have that apply to Grenade Pistol as well)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Nalesh posted:

try the V melee hit, it's amazing for popping heads on sirens etc while they're in a group.

That's what I do most of the time with the sword. :v:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Kikas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLV2GhDGtzQ I think it's not in the game yet, but man it's coming.

Holy poo poo :fap::jackbud:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Reverse engineering this wwise project is suffering :v:

Why are gun sounds considered voices. Is that why there isn't a voice slider in the ingame menu?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

Don't know if its intended but 2 medics, a zerk and everyone else has any high damage class really can hill HoE hans very easily, just have the zerk stand in front of him and block endlessly while the medics keep him alive and everyone unloads.

Just did HOE 10 wave evacuation point and catacombs in a row doing this. I went demo and used the nuke radiation zed time perk. The radiation cloud off an rpg rocket melts scrakes and fp in a about 3 seconds. Combine that with a c4 and tnt and the larger zeds are a joke.

For hans we went 2 medics, 3 zerks and firebug. The zerks can pretty much stand in gas. Firebug microwave gun was saved for final phase on hans. Pretty cake as long as the we don't get melee'd without armor.

QwertySanchez posted:

the new doom game is going to have to be pretty amazing to top kf2

that said i hope its great because i want a kf2 gore level pvp and single player mode game as well, but i'm not getting my hopes up

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 5, 2015

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Ramsus posted:

the new doom game is going to have to be pretty amazing to top kf2

that said i hope its great because i want a kf2 gore level pvp and single player mode game as well, but i'm not getting my hopes up

There were gun game servers on KF1, and from what I remember KF2 will be extremely moddable, except for the engine. We might have custom PvP maps at some point.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Nalesh posted:

Why are gun sounds considered voices. Is that why there isn't a voice slider in the ingame menu?
You sure it isn't the more abstract engine-related "voice" - as in a distinct sound channel - presumably spawned by an actor or entity? I know it's "heavily modified" but maybe the UE3 doc or sdk might give you some pointers.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You sure it isn't the more abstract engine-related "voice" - as in a distinct sound channel - presumably spawned by an actor or entity? I know it's "heavily modified" but maybe the UE3 doc or sdk might give you some pointers.

They use wwise for sound(a third party sound engine), so I'm probably just unfamiliar with how it works, just seems odd to bundle those together(Some ambient stuff like gas leaks are also considered voice)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

PvP will never happen in KF, and thank god for that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Hopefully it will be used in a chivalry style game in the future :getin:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPsfX6URf1M

More fun with splosions

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Alteisen posted:

PvP was actually pretty fun in kf1. kf gungame ftw

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 5, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

i don't want kf2 pvp either, but a game like it with guns that are fun to use and a more realistic representation of what these weapons would actually do to your enemies would be nice

i really want to microwave gun people up like the marshmallow man just like real life is what i'm saying

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

PvP was actually pretty fun in kf1. kf gungame ftw

I used to grief the gently caress out of shitlords on friendly fire enabled servers.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Please put a way to initiate a map vote in-game. Especially helpful for when you're on a custom map that turns out to be broken and Zeds get trapped beyond the spawn points, leaving you to search aimlessly for them/just wander pointlessly around.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Please put a way to initiate a map vote in-game. Especially helpful for when you're on a custom map that turns out to be broken and Zeds get trapped beyond the spawn points, leaving you to search aimlessly for them/just wander pointlessly around.

Don't zeds literally teleport to you if you get too far away from them, specifically to prevent that?

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

In beta, there was a message that popped up when Hans spawns that literally says "he has gas grenades that work like bloat bile, do not stand in them" under his name, but that seems to be missing from the current build (or at least it hasn't shown up the couple of times I've played since the patch came out).

It's a shame because that sort of name/list of attacks thing looks pretty and is useful.

It still shows up. Booted the game up for the first time in a while and saw it, then started laughing. I also had to literally jump in front of Hans so he'd grab me so my team would stop pissing ammo into him, that was fun. If you guys are looking for a game to play between matches, the Steam forums are hilarious right now by the way.

Oh jesus, the Steam forums are creeping out of their pit and into the forums. Talk to your team or play solo. Or just dick around like I have if your team's that bad. It's kind of funny daisy chaining scrakes into pubbies who won't do anything when the fight's not sideways.
VVVV

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 5, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I've been spending the free weekend playing on Normal and building levels for my underleveled perks. Even beating Hard is impossible because of all the free weekenders, so heading back to Normal is your best option.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

closeted republican posted:

I've been spending the free weekend playing on Normal and building levels for my underleveled perks. Even beating Hard is impossible because of all the free weekenders, so heading back to Normal is your best option.

I just beat Paris on hard with a pub team. Got carried on Hans by a level 25 field medic though.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ64Tp2L8sA

Seems like some of the shotgun meatiness got lost due to youtube.
Music works at least, though I still need to cut the between waves theme better :v:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Biggest issue besides all of the under leveled people in suicidal/hoe is the menus sometimes not working in game. I found that when the trader menu doesn't work I have to hit escape, click my perk, then go back to trader and it mysteriously works.

Haven't found a work around for disconnect from game/leave to desktop not working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

widespread posted:

Entire areas would have to be caked with blood, let's be honest.

It sounds like a great competitive multiplayer game. One side plays KF2 as normal, though trying to spread out kills, and the other plays reverse-Splatoon.