Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moog
Sep 14, 2013

w-well at least I'm the top in the clan for xp gained for the last week, r-right?

it was mostly seren quest XP probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
4 scroll voyages in 4 days, and 3 have been successful and the fourth is on the way.

Jesus this is lucky, by the time i come back playing i'll have all ports armour.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
There is a raffle running throughout September, just like last year. If you don't play much, it is worth logging in for a minute each day to claim your daily tickets. You can use them daily or save them up. There is a different prize each day of the week, such as 100mill or instakill darts. I personally want a golden Barrows set to look fabulous in.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Pina Coladas posted:

There is a raffle running throughout September, just like last year. If you don't play much, it is worth logging in for a minute each day to claim your daily tickets. You can use them daily or save them up. There is a different prize each day of the week, such as 100mill or instakill darts. I personally want a golden Barrows set to look fabulous in.

You can actually get 2 tickets easily this year. Talk to balthazar for one and find his clown Gilly Winkers for the other/do a daily challenge. The clown is always near a f2p lodestone.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

T90s continue to crash for dxp, A: 93b/93b S: 472s/107b N: 164s/216b/170b - sc/b/st.

Should probably buy soonish if you've been waiting to buy.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Read posted:

A: 93b/93b S: 472s/107b N: 164s/216b/170b - sc/b/st.

Is this even english

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Loot from learning to duo Nex

Foreskin Problems posted:

Is this even english

Ascensions: Mainhand buys for 93 million, offhand buys for 93 million.
Seismics: Mainhand sells for 472 million, offhand buys for 107 million.
Nox: Scythe sells for 164 million, bow buys for 216 million, staff buys for 170 million.

=

Also sort of relevant, "nib" means "non instant buy" and "nis" means non instant sell in price checker parlance.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Read posted:

Loot from learning to duo Nex

Ascensions: Mainhand buys for 93 million, offhand buys for 93 million.
Seismics: Mainhand sells for 472 million, offhand buys for 107 million.
Nox: Scythe sells for 164 million, bow buys for 216 million, staff buys for 170 million.

=

Also sort of relevant, "nib" means "non instant buy" and "nis" means non instant sell in price checker parlance.

I prefer just english, thanks.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

idk wt u talkn abt

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

idk wt u talkn abt

Save us Nerd Whisperer!

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Psilocybe here, just posting a pic of my cap (which I squeezed in just minutes before the tick!) so I can grab my cash for it in the future

Purple Rain Man fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 6, 2015

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Either they are giving out a lot of this Golden equipment this year, or I had good tickets. Kinda makes up for not winning Golden Warpriest last time. (:arghfist:)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
You can now pay 6 bonds for an IRL t shirt, if you really want one.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Sailing poll for OSRS

http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/a=13/c=pXCIGV15VUI/oldschool/index.ws

You should vote yes because the "m-muh ecconomy! m-muh Pk meta! ANY NEW THING MAKES THIS LIKE RS3!!!!" people will cry way more than they do now if it passes, and it'll be hilarious.

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
I would vote but there is a total level requirement:

Jagex posted:

Only members with at least 280 total level in Old School RuneScape can vote.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Is this game still going strong? I last played with you guys about...ionno a year and a half ago. I've had that "grind endlessly because you hate yourself" itch for awhile now.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

PsychicToaster posted:

Is this game still going strong? I last played with you guys about...ionno a year and a half ago. I've had that "grind endlessly because you hate yourself" itch for awhile now.

The game is still perfectly active, lots of people. Clan is pretty dead though there's still chatter occasionally.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Dr. Mix posted:

I would vote but there is a total level requirement:

You can't vote if you're on a free account right?

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

^ Yeah that is true, voting is for members only.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Last week I won a Karils set and a Torags set, this week I won 2 torags sets and another karils....Jagex for real I only want a Dhaorks set this is getting stupid, at least make the sets tradable for other sets or something.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm sure ya'll have noticed but I've stopped playing again. I enjoy the game because of its grindy nature but the optimization makes it unplayable for me. It's runs several times worse than modern games at max settings.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

During my inactivity over the last few months, my account was hijacked and Jagex won't grant me a password change or dispute. I'm done with this game.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

That sucks, man. Did the hijacker use your account for botting or something?

allta posted:

Last week I won a Karils set and a Torags set, this week I won 2 torags sets and another karils....Jagex for real I only want a Dhaorks set this is getting stupid, at least make the sets tradable for other sets or something.
Wait, you can win the same Barrows set more than once from the raffle? If so, that's dumb as gently caress.

One more Golden Barrows set for me this week. Didn't win anything on Sunday.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

tossed 20 tickets at saturdays barrows sets and won nothing :(

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Terces posted:

That sucks, man. Did the hijacker use your account for botting or something?

Can't find my account on the highscores, which is a red flag for that kinda thing.

2550 skill total too, I'm sad.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The new quest is good, except for a hosed up quick time event in the middle and then it's good again. Go play it !

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Spergminer posted:

The new quest is good, except for a hosed up quick time event in the middle and then it's good again. Go play it !
You forgot about the poorly designed feelings puzzle that is blatantly broken because of several typos in the only way to solve it they give you! There should at least be a solution out for it by now though.

The rewards are decent as well, 3 lots of choosable 75k exp and a blisterwood sword that automatically burns vyrewatch for you and gives you the loot youd get if you cremated them, though arguably I imagine the boss fight would be stupidly hard if you didn't already have max vyres burned so by the time you unlock it its not so useful.

This of course means vyre lords and ladies in darkmyre are like 4m/h now fully afk but your likely never going to find a spot. Even the normal vyres outside bourg de rott are still 2m/h fully afk now which really isn't bad.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Getting sooo many scroll voyages, just don't have the 90s for the materials, but hey i'm working this from not playing so it'll stack eventually

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B447TPxqhdQ

this looks sick nasty. So we're having darkscape and deadman mode. gently caress it, im playing darkscape

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:siren:DARKSCAPE:siren:
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/play-darkscape--free-to-play-open-world-pvp?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Official Runescape servers with legacy combat, all members content is free and everybody starts at level 1.

The catch? There's open world wilderness pvp everywhere.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This sounds nice, hopefully they expand on the idea and implement a proper crime system and basically turn this into a slightly more attraction-based UO

Freeing up names would be nice too.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spergminer posted:

:siren:DARKSCAPE:siren:
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/play-darkscape--free-to-play-open-world-pvp?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Official Runescape servers with legacy combat, all members content is free and everybody starts at level 1.

The catch? There's open world wilderness pvp everywhere.

Sooo it's the original Runescape PVP system of early-mid 2001 with more modern combat/everything?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Sooo it's the original Runescape PVP system of early-mid 2001 with more modern combat/everything?

Apparently it doesn't include EoS, but I don't know what that means.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

so many people killing me for my gear. its loving BRONZE

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I haven't played this poo poo since 2004ish, I'm so lost.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's more like the 2008(?) pvp servers, except this works much better because there's no safezones, just level 138 Guards with chaotic weaponry in low level areas and banks. They're want to gently caress your poo poo up if you're skulled.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
This is really exciting. I'm doing low level slayer (minotaurs) and it's loving EXCITING. I've killed 3 people already in self defence, now im sitting here, skulled, regenning HP with rest. it's tense

my stats:

where can i get a iron wep?

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

I'm definitely getting in on this DarkScape action! Can you login with an existing membership?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Dr. Mix posted:

I'm definitely getting in on this DarkScape action! Can you login with an existing membership?

Yup.

The entire thing is f2p too but if you do that its like half xp rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SleepingPizza posted:

Yup.

The entire thing is f2p too but if you do that its like half xp rate

Is it half XP rate or do members get above 100%? I'm curious to know if they're actively punishing players for not paying up.