Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also how does basically any music video differ from his weak needledrop definition. does the video side have to be b-roll from new mexico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

well you know some music videos have noise outside the song

thriller for example

but besides that yeah just about every music video under the sun fits under the umbrella

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
are they all edited to match his very specific rules and conditions?

no?

original idea, do not steal!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i like the rule where you always change on a piano note unless there's another piano note coming up shortly in which case you can choose which one it changes on, or just fudge it within a half second of either whatever.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

what was his terrible buttcoin article that was removed and put back and removed again and he got fired over it?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Krinkle posted:

what was his terrible buttcoin article that was removed and put back and removed again and he got fired over it?

it was this one

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I went to First Friday in Oakland and bought a art someone was selling.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Ghostlight posted:

i like the rule where you always change on a piano note unless there's another piano note coming up shortly in which case you can choose which one it changes on, or just fudge it within a half second of either whatever.

i like the rule where you have to point the camera at the most boring poo poo imaginable and do so in a completely artless fashion

Krinkle posted:

i think it was something related to this shitshow http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/the-time-blake-benthall-emailed-me#more-3060

or some other thing involving him throwing penny shavings at a scammer for no loving reason

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did you pay in fiat?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

atomicthumbs posted:

I went to First Friday in Oakland and bought a art someone was selling.

so show us what you bought, instead of that monstrosity

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
i bet nicsho has some strong opinions on ethics in video game journalism

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

he definitely has strong opinions on bitcoins now

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fckgw you should get him to write an article in his current stressed out paranoid state

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Snapchat A Titty posted:

fckgw you should get him to write an article in his current stressed out paranoid state
and then post it on reddit or in the grey thread, where his kind belongs

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
i can't even bring myself to watch those videos, i will cringe so hard my collarbones will snap

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Heresiarch posted:

i can't even bring myself to watch those videos, i will cringe so hard my collarbones will snap

theres nothing in them. i clicked around and its dead air like 90% of the time. you could probably boil them down to cringeworthiness, but as they are theyre just incredibly boring. and im one of those guys who cant watch any of the offices for the cringe factor.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

so show us what you bought, instead of that monstrosity

i support local artists but, despite the novelty value, am kinda wishing i went with the hummingbird print instead now that i'm had less beer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

infernal machines posted:

i like the rule where you have to point the camera at the most boring poo poo imaginable and do so in a completely artless fashion
that's not a rule that's american beauty starring wes bentley

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

atomicthumbs posted:

i support local artists but, despite the novelty value, am kinda wishing i went with the hummingbird print instead now that i'm had less beer

put it on etsy and sell it for more than you paid. if that is not allowed, ebay. never claim you made it, just resell it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i watched this video because i like the song "uptown girl"

it's over a year old, so it has probably been posted a year ago, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEthXBHsEac

it's pretty much the_opposite_of_reality.mp4

nobody accepts actual money, everyone wants bitcoin. and the dude has so much change that it keeps falling out of his pockets, yet he tries to pay a street vendor with a 100 dollar bill.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

he drops change because hes a banker duh

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

trucutru posted:

Shadowland, never forget. :911:

I'm the guy who's allergic to the slight absence of a thing.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

i watched this video because i like the song "uptown girl"

it's over a year old, so it has probably been posted a year ago, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEthXBHsEac

it's pretty much the_opposite_of_reality.mp4

nobody accepts actual money, everyone wants bitcoin. and the dude has so much change that it keeps falling out of his pockets, yet he tries to pay a street vendor with a 100 dollar bill.
i couldn't finish this video because that guy can't sing and there's too much terrible cgi garbage

but why did they choose uptown girl instead of these billy joel classics:
we didn't start the fire, where some bitcoin miners set a warehouse on fire but it wasn't their fault
the longest time, teaching listeners to use larger fees
a matter of trust, because you can't actually trust anyone who uses bitcoin

for their album they would of course use a copy of the cover of storm front, to appeal to their base

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anthonypants posted:

we didn't start the fire, where some bitcoin miners set a warehouse on fire but it wasn't their fault
the longest time, teaching listeners to use larger fees
a matter of trust, because you can't actually trust anyone who uses bitcoin

Erik Voorhees, no-fees-no, boom August, Winklevoss
Lord Satoshi, Bitcoin Core Dev, Antonopolous

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i'd have expected bitcoiners to be more into, like, gary glitter, or maybe michael jackson

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cheez posted:

I'm the guy who's allergic to the slight absence of a thing.

i'm allergic to the absence of all of my skin, can bitcoin help me

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Soricidus posted:

i'd have expected bitcoiners to be more into, like, gary glitter, or maybe michael jackson

they're into children, not into men who are into children

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

trucutru posted:

so im bored, sue me

this is "im going to set up a cinema that plays talespin episodes" all over again

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
i forgot nicsho existed and will forget again as soon as this thread stops talking about him

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dex posted:

i forgot nicsho existed and will forget again as soon as this thread stops talking about him

what if we play some music and then show scenes from like warehouses and crossroads? i think nicsho has a creative streak there. imagine a song from a movie, but instead of it being the guy from the movie, its just a camera filming an empty pool

sounds p good imo

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
nicsho just need an editor.

nic, if you are reading this, your shadowland story is awful and should be entirely scrapped and rewritten.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Snapchat A Titty posted:

also how does basically any music video differ from his weak needledrop definition. does the video side have to be b-roll from new mexico?

nobody tell him about koyaanisqatsi

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Magrov posted:

nicsho just need an editor, a ghostwriter, and an ideas guy.

you missed a bit

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

just skimming the last pages because lol bitcoin but did i miss something and bitpay is about to implode or something?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

i like how we managed to double the views of his revolutionary new editing style video by posting it in this thread

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hollywood to Create Film About Mark Karpeles and Mt. Gox

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

I don't think the source he cited actually says what he thinks it says. It just says the book is available for optioning, not that it'll be made into a movie.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

i think the 'journalist' forgot the '?' at the end of the title

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

He's got great taste in tshirt slogans.

"esrever
reenigne"

"There's no place
like 127.0.0.1"

Then there's these from Google.

"EFFORT
LESS
FRENCH"

"This isn't
my final form"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

JamesieAB posted:

"EFFORT
LESS
FRENCH"
On that note... Who wants to dress like their bithero?

http://www.kitsune.fr/journal/2014/09/wear/effortless-french-maison-kitsune-springsummer-2015-women/

https://zozo.buyee.jp/goods/5589163

• Locked thread