Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Ok after downloading for like a day, I've been playing around on Ebonheart all day and sadly am really enjoying myself.

Can I get a clan invite @Wexia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Aramek posted:

First week of an expansion is always a horror fest. I mean, it shouldn't be, but we as consumers have kinda come to expect it.

It's our fault, basically.

It is in pretty much every MMO ever, and considering ESO STILL has a couple of scattered broken quests it shouldn't be any surprise that their patch launches would be extra rough. Still irritating, though. Also yeah I'm dying for Wykkid to get an update, even after installing a couple of bandaid addons it's just not the same.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bone_Enterprise posted:

If everyone would just stop playing video games we would not have this problem.

This is good advice for life.

Does no one use the group finder tool in this? I was queued from Fongal Spur thing or whatever for an hour last night and didn't get anything.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 3, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

No, everyone advertises for groups the old fashioned way.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
So, uh, golding up a v16 greatsword added 240 weapon damage. That was unexpected.

e: Golding a v16 desto is worth 200. Hooray!

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 4, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

BadLlama posted:

This is good advice for life.

Does no one use the group finder tool in this? I was queued from Fongal Spur thing or whatever for an hour last night and didn't get anything.

Nope. On the consoles, you either go into town and yell "ANYONE WANNA TANK THE VET DUNGEON WITH US?" into a dollar store mic from 1996 about half a million times with zero pause, or if you're looking to go join a group, go stand in front of the dungeon and play your lute until you get an invite.

On PC you can just use text chat because Zenimax doesn't care about you.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo I think I just found a fantastic build for Sorc Tanking.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

Holy poo poo I think I just found a fantastic build for Sorc Tanking.

I am specifically interested in and thinking about that. Post it up if your willing.

MeatShield.
Apr 4, 2015

invite me
@darroch

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Does armor value not go down with durability anymore?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ennu it's time for me to farm DSA for at minimum a v13 Master's Greatsword.

E: Confirming that the new item sets drop from all group dungeons. Got a VR1 Endurance 2H Sword on my Templar from normal Arx.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 5, 2015

Guards
Dec 30, 2006

Should you be here?
Should you be doing that?
I finally installed this game after owning it for a while and not having played since beta. I've been very pleased so far. Please invite me:
@HorseCrippler

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

PureRok posted:

Does armor value not go down with durability anymore?

Nope. Except when it breaks.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
So I'm level 43 and I beat all the missions and stopped the planar whatever thing. What do I do now?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

SisterFister posted:

So I'm level 43 and I beat all the missions and stopped the planar whatever thing. What do I do now?
I'm guessing you need to get a few more levels (45?) and unlock the final Main Quest mission?
Also I get the feeling you might've skipped a fair amount of content, since you are supposed to be at or almost at VR1(lvl 50) by the time you are done with Coldharbour.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

radintorov posted:

I'm guessing you need to get a few more levels (45?) and unlock the final Main Quest mission?
Also I get the feeling you might've skipped a fair amount of content, since you are supposed to be at or almost at VR1(lvl 50) by the time you are done with Coldharbour.

I did every mission I could find, I've never done group stuff though. This is basically Skyrim 2 for me.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

radintorov posted:

By the time you hit level 40, you're good to go. Anything after that is a negligible improvement at best.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

SisterFister posted:

I did every mission I could find, I've never done group stuff though. This is basically Skyrim 2 for me.
In that case, you can do the other factions' content by talking with Caldwell or head back to your faction's capital* and find a monk guy asking for you to go to Craglorn.

*Wayrest / Elden Root / Mournhold**
**City of lights! City of magic!

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

radintorov posted:

In that case, you can do the other factions' content by talking with Caldwell or head back to your faction's capital* and find a monk guy asking for you to go to Craglorn.

*Wayrest / Elden Root / Mournhold**
**City of lights! City of magic!

Both of those things unlock at level 50. So for 43-50.... Should I just grind mobs (if so, where?)? Try to do group dungeony things? I've been having a lot of fun with this game but this sucks.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I started Cadwell's silver before level 50 iirc.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

SisterFister posted:

Both of those things unlock at level 50. So for 43-50.... Should I just grind mobs (if so, where?)? Try to do group dungeony things? I've been having a lot of fun with this game but this sucks.

Not so. I started Cadwell's Silver at level 45 or 46.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

JackBadass posted:

Not so. I started Cadwell's Silver at level 45 or 46.

drat, wiki's wrong then. Says it comes after the conclusion to the main quest, which opens at 50.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

SisterFister posted:

drat, wiki's wrong then. Says it comes after the conclusion to the main quest, which opens at 50.

Got a link to that?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think they lowered the level reqs for some main quests after launch, in a patch or two.

If you haven't hit Cyrodiil up, there are 10 quests in each of Chorrol, Cheydinhal, Bruma, Cropsford, and Vlastarus. Those should get you a few more levels.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Sky Shadowing posted:

If you haven't hit Cyrodiil up, there are 10 quests in each of Chorrol, Cheydinhal, Bruma, Cropsford, and Vlastarus. Those should get you a few more levels.

Very good suggestion. On top of that, they're repeatable, which makes them a great source of income.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you're on PC right now is a drat good time to start doing those, since Cyrodiil is virtually empty right now while everyone is ganking inside the Imperial City.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think they changed Inner Armature or whatever that Dwemer dungeon is in the first zone. They seem to have changed the loot table and it now has some Steam Pipes out of which many of the little Dwemer bots jump. Then you can loot the pipe. I dint remember that from before. Also, I ran it a couple of times, letting it reset. No Motifs at all.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Sogol posted:

I think they changed Inner Armature or whatever that Dwemer dungeon is in the first zone. They seem to have changed the loot table and it now has some Steam Pipes out of which many of the little Dwemer bots jump. Then you can loot the pipe. I dint remember that from before. Also, I ran it a couple of times, letting it reset. No Motifs at all.

Changed the loot table how and since when? I still get good poo poo out of there. Past three runs have yielded Dwemer pages, as a matter of fact.

As for the steam pipes, I love those. I wait until all 8 spiders are out, do one attack, and kill all of them. No good loot ever, but very satisfying.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

JackBadass posted:

Got a link to that?

Below it says after the conclusion of the main quest

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cadwell%27s_Silver

And below it says 50 for the final part of the main quest

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Main_Quest

However, I just clicked the link to the final part of the main quest below and they changed it on the actual page to say 45 required, 50 suggested.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Main_Quest

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think they lowered the level reqs for some main quests after launch, in a patch or two.

Awesome thank you!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Are white provisioning recipes just random loot table drops? Does anyone sell them in guild stores? I'm a decent ways into provisioning but I can't so much as complete a single writ because I'm always hung up on some simple level 1 single ingredient recipe I just don't have

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

JackBadass posted:

Changed the loot table how and since when? I still get good poo poo out of there. Past three runs have yielded Dwemer pages, as a matter of fact.

As for the steam pipes, I love those. I wait until all 8 spiders are out, do one attack, and kill all of them. No good loot ever, but very satisfying.

Cool. Must have just had unlucky runs. Running specifically for those Dwemer motifs. I also like the steam pipes.

Finally getting to like my lobby Sorc. Still not right, but getting closer to something fun.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Is it the basic Matze recipe? I can't find that one either.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

whitey delenda est posted:

Are white provisioning recipes just random loot table drops? Does anyone sell them in guild stores? I'm a decent ways into provisioning but I can't so much as complete a single writ because I'm always hung up on some simple level 1 single ingredient recipe I just don't have

Put a couple points into recipe improvement and you'll get better requirements on your writs. I recommend taking it all the way to level 6 as quick as you can for writs, since it raises your chances of getting Psijic Abrosia recipe pages. As for white recipes, I don't think such a thing exists. Pretty sure they're all green and up.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sogol posted:

Is it the basic Matze recipe? I can't find that one either.

So far I've missed on two: Roasted Corn (ingredient is just Corn) and Grape Preserves (just jazbay grapes).

I have a bunch of other white recipes that I don't really remember looting anywhere, I can just cook em.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

Cool. Must have just had unlucky runs. Running specifically for those Dwemer motifs. I also like the steam pipes.

Finally getting to like my lobby Sorc. Still not right, but getting closer to something fun.

Dwemer ruins got nerfed in 2.1 (IC Update).

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I nabbed ESO on the recent Steam sale, could someone invite me @VirionNW.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Just finished a solo vet 14 double rubber run with a sow-cow side triple tank fuzzy.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Scyantific posted:

Dwemer ruins got nerfed in 2.1 (IC Update).

I got a purple dwemer motif (bow) in that dungeon yesterday. I'm not sure if I should use it or try and sell it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I got a purple dwemer motif (bow) in that dungeon yesterday. I'm not sure if I should use it or try and sell it.

You can probably get about 4k if you sell it. Chest is the money maker page. That one can go for upwards of 10k.

I'd just use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
I just finished Cadwells gold. Aka end game PvE. What a let down. Oh well. Time to grind out the master all areas thing.

• Locked thread