Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

KirbyKhan posted:

I legit own one of De'nesha Diamond's books. It generates boners. Black smut writers are better than white smut writers.

Jokes on you since everyone knows De'nesha Diamond is just a pseudonym Tom Clancy uses for this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Jokes on you since everyone knows De'nesha Diamond is just a pseudonym Tom Clancy uses for this series.

:vince:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've never seen a fiction book written by three co-authors.

So I've either got a sinus infection or a really bad cold. What a wonderful way to spend Labor Day Weekend.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

ded posted:

someone please shop the author to jared fogle

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
GOD DAMMIT.

I saw the Current Event thread name change, chuckled, had myself a lil' satisfied smug, and then popped over to my online courses this semester since I've been working all week outside of classes and haven't had a chance to look them over yet.

The first one, a class for future police mans, is taught by an ancient ex-policeman. I had his in-person intro class last semester and he sure is an old white dude. Very funny in a "oh, grampa, we love you and you'll die soon so keep saying crazy poo poo" kind of way.

Good News: No reading assignment week 1, just videos to be discussed. Other news: They are Infowars videos. One is made by the "Loose Change" guy.

Dude's rubric for discussion posts is pretty clear: you do 4 each week and, if you want top points for them, they need to be loving 5 paragraph spiels about whatever the gently caress. And then you gotta reply to other peoples giant posts.

I'm doing 18 credits this semester but managed to keep all 4 of my in-person classes confined to Tuesday and Thursday. I cannot find an alternative for this class that does not gently caress that up or overlap with my other classes.

I got halfway through writing my discussion post and realized I had't actually said anything about "broad implications for police/rule of law/government at all levels" or whatever the gently caress. I'd just been making fun of the people who buy magic crystals from Alex Jones and kept backspacing everytime I went on a tangent about how, despite their not being any death camps, there probably should be for the fuckers who buy into it.

lol, google term for the week: Weather Underground Organization.

gently caress my life.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I witnessed a 40+ year old walking man baby at the airport today. First he whined when the airline said they had to switch planes so everyone might not get the seats they wanted, then when boarding the plane he took his gum out of his mouth and stuck it to the handle of the door. Since I was right behind him, i told him to take it off and he turns around and tries to stare me down before someone else tells him that's uncalled for. He took the gum off and threw it on the floor.

What a bizarre way for a grown rear end man to act.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Victor Vermis posted:

GOD DAMMIT.

I saw the Current Event thread name change, chuckled, had myself a lil' satisfied smug, and then popped over to my online courses this semester since I've been working all week outside of classes and haven't had a chance to look them over yet.

The first one, a class for future police mans, is taught by an ancient ex-policeman. I had his in-person intro class last semester and he sure is an old white dude. Very funny in a "oh, grampa, we love you and you'll die soon so keep saying crazy poo poo" kind of way.

Good News: No reading assignment week 1, just videos to be discussed. Other news: They are Infowars videos. One is made by the "Loose Change" guy.

Dude's rubric for discussion posts is pretty clear: you do 4 each week and, if you want top points for them, they need to be loving 5 paragraph spiels about whatever the gently caress. And then you gotta reply to other peoples giant posts.

I'm doing 18 credits this semester but managed to keep all 4 of my in-person classes confined to Tuesday and Thursday. I cannot find an alternative for this class that does not gently caress that up or overlap with my other classes.

I got halfway through writing my discussion post and realized I had't actually said anything about "broad implications for police/rule of law/government at all levels" or whatever the gently caress. I'd just been making fun of the people who buy magic crystals from Alex Jones and kept backspacing everytime I went on a tangent about how, despite their not being any death camps, there probably should be for the fuckers who buy into it.

lol, google term for the week: Weather Underground Organization.

gently caress my life.
I assume this is the Air Force Academy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How did the department let him use Infowars for academic purposes?

In college-related news, I'm spending maybe 40 bucks on books this quarter if I can't find them digitally for the right price. While it's worth a shot, they're all niche advertising books. I don't have much hope.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
When I was getting my masters, the dozen of us in the program all split the book purchases between us, bought them used online, and then just tore them apart and scanned them. Easy peasey.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea' I've done that. The guy teaching two of the courses has taught a couple of my other classes. He tends to assign books that never are required for any exams or projects. I'm gonna hold off till class next week to see if anything changed.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Leather Bear posted:

How did the department let him use Infowars for academic purposes?

In college-related news, I'm spending maybe 40 bucks on books this quarter if I can't find them digitally for the right price. While it's worth a shot, they're all niche advertising books. I don't have much hope.

They're just embedded videos, I assume he's allowed to throw whatever he wants on there. One of them is a commercial.

On the last day of class last year he did a slide show of FUNNY INTERNET PICTURES straight outta 1999. One was a chick riding on the back of a motorcycle with her skirt flipped up to show her bare rear end. "You think she gets cold? Hyuck hyuck hyuck"

.. so he's kinda awesome sometimes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmTMmuT7fdI

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

That awkward moment when the teacher makes you stand in front of the class and you have a raging boner.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

haha

"what the gently caress why is that rear end in a top hat honk-AH gently caress poo poo gently caress NONONONONONOoooooooooo

... ... oh!"

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/us/at-west-point-annual-pillow-fight-becomes-weaponized.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=3

The annual West Point Pillow Fight ends with 4 concussions, 1 broken leg, 2 broken arms, 1 dislocated shoulder, and several broken ribs according to an article that explains a lot about West Pointers.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delizin posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/us/at-west-point-annual-pillow-fight-becomes-weaponized.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=3

The annual West Point Pillow Fight ends with 4 concussions, 1 broken leg, 2 broken arms, 1 dislocated shoulder, and several broken ribs according to an article that explains a lot about West Pointers.

What happened to being a world class military academy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Larry Parrish posted:

"World class"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Larry Parrish posted:

See, the military has this thing called "standards". They are not high standards, or good standards. In fact, they are almost exclusively laughably low standards, or standards that demand you to do bad and stupid things.

So going by these standards, these gentlemen are HEROES

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

The driver was only warned about hop-ons.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Teflon Don posted:

"World class"

As in, equal to or better than the other ones around the world.

All militaries are hosed. Some more so than others.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This happened near SLC over the summer, except it was power lines.

Edit: I'm sure Robert E Lee, Ike, and Buzz Aldrin all participated in an annual pillow fight, I don't know why you guys are mocking this tradition of excellence.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 5, 2015

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Delizin posted:

Duffelblog can't make fun of you if you do something so stupid that it's beyond parody :downs:

e: they ran an article in 2012 about this exact same scenario. :negative:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/mob-violence-breaks-out-at-west-point-63-wounded/

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 5, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Duffelblog can't make fun of you if you do something so stupid that it's beyond parody :downs:

e: they ran an article in 2012 about this exact same scenario. :negative:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/mob-violence-breaks-out-at-west-point-63-wounded/

duffleblog isn't satire, it's an oracle

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

I'm sure Robert E Lee, Ike, and Buzz Aldrin all participated in an annual pillow fight, I don't know why you guys are mocking this tradition of excellence.

Oh my god, this dates back to 1897. My sarcasm was 2/3. :gonk:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Duffelblog going the way of The Onion and seeing the reality of peace time military catching up to and surpassing their wildest, most bullshit made up stories makes me really, really happy I got out.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

don't like

edit: Any of you dads own a vitamix? I watched a few videos, and I might buy myself one of these things for Christmas, hopefully I can find a refurb on ebay or something. This vegetable soup gimmick is pretty cool, and you can make nut butter in the friggin thing.

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 5, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

getting your nose broken in a pillowfight like a fuckin poofta isnt something to be proud of

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm the reflective belts.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Thank you for keeping Our Boys safe.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

getting your nose broken in a pillowfight like a fuckin poofta isnt something to be proud of

Babysteps toward his ultimate goal of receiving a Purple Star for getting fragged

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Complete and utter failure at primary duties, but attended after-hours "morale" event. Definite Promote.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

joat mon posted:

Babysteps toward his ultimate goal of receiving a Purple Star for getting fragged

Just as long as it's crippling.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
m0t/buttplug????

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731439

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

have any americans used something like this before??
http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/outdoor-garden-conservatory/bbqs-outdoor-ovens/smokers-steamers/auction-942275448.htm
i mean it's cheap as chips and i figure a good place to start but curious if anyone has anything to say about them

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I haven't tried that type of smoker before, but I have had good results with this one: http://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-2...1522470&sr=1-16

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I made $50/hr today, finished around 1am,

And I'm home not five minutes before I spot a goddamn monster chilling out above my bed

EXPLICIT CONTENT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1DBpejDL8

A good day.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Delizin posted:

I haven't tried that type of smoker before, but I have had good results with this one: http://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-2...1522470&sr=1-16

ouch, that's over double the price not even counting shipping to kiwistan

i would really prefer a proper wood smoker but it may take a while until i'm in a place where i can properly have one

i think i'll get the charcoal one and give it a go, i've been reading a few books on smoking and it seems to tick all the boxes, at least for a cheap one anyway

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
All service academy grads must hang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Lazy Reservist posted:

All service academy grads must hang.

• Locked thread