Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
A good delta echo post, why I never :captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Bonus points if you use a stratios to blow up their combat site runners as well. C3's are great for farming kills.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

drat I've been meaning to get one of those. Can't believe I've had perfect Stratios skills so far and I've never flown one.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've long maintained that Minmatar ships are the fugliest in EVE, and that still holds true. But now that I've flown a Rifter for the first time, I can understand why goons love them so much.

edit: Darth Cookie: Stratios is pretty, but not that crash hot. There are plenty of better ships to go ganking in.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Not even the worst Minmatar ships look anywhere near as bad as Caldari anything, even after the overhaul to make them look like ships instead of graphics card rendering errors.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Not even the worst Minmatar ships look anywhere near as bad as Caldari anything, even after the overhaul to make them look like ships instead of graphics card rendering errors.

How DARE you talk about the Corax that way!

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Maybe it's because of Stockholm's Syndrom, but I still am fond of the Drake.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I only really started liking Gallente ships after the PBR update and subsequent texturing re-jiggerypokerying, I always used to think they were fugly beforehand - Proteus still looks pretty hideous, can't wait for it to be PBR'd.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Proteus always reminded me of a Squid mashed with a hammerhead shark. I kinda like it.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

darth cookie posted:

The Proteus always reminded me of a Squid mashed with a hammerhead shark. I kinda like it.

poo poo after eating corn. That's all the Proteus ever looks like. Vary the amounts of corn based on subsystem choice.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sixx Spades posted:

Maybe it's because of Stockholm's Syndrom, but I still am fond of the Drake.

Drake is a somewhat decent ship.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

Drake is a somewhat decent ship.

Mostly outclassed by the Tengu.

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Proteus looks decent with the motorcycle-esq subsystems and that one sub that changes the front to look like a knight's helmet. I think it's the cpu gate, can't remember off hand though.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

ullerrm posted:

FYP

Key things wrong:

* No damage control -- the Rorqual has a huge amount of hull HP, so not fitting a suitcase means walking away from over 1M EHP of buffer tank.

This. Most people realize the damage control is good, but don't quite realize how good it is. Structure has no resists, meaning full damage application, with the DC being the only mod (that I know of) that increases your structure resists. On ships with any significant amount of structure, that means a significant boost to EHP. A DC will nearly double the EHP of an Orca (from ~90k to 180k), taking it from a 6 man gank on an anti-tank fit to a 14 man gank on a proper tank fit, just from fitting a a DC and something that's not an expanded cargohold / nanofiber.

One of the best mods in the game.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
It being a unicorn has nothing to do with the fit. It was killed in a C2. That means it was built there and it wouldn't have been able to leave ever. The only possible use for a rorqual there would be to provide mining boosts. That is ridiculous in itself, but you can just do that safely inside the pos shields. For it to be in an anom is just even more :psyduck:

Ptylerdactyl
Aug 3, 2015
i see this guy got caught again: https://zkillboard.com/kill/48878681/

:psyboom:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

lol

This guy needs to stop playing eve.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gallente ships look dumb.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

AAPsel posted:

It being a unicorn has nothing to do with the fit. It was killed in a C2. That means it was built there and it wouldn't have been able to leave ever. The only possible use for a rorqual there would be to provide mining boosts. That is ridiculous in itself, but you can just do that safely inside the pos shields. For it to be in an anom is just even more :psyduck:

it was their Everest.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

DarkMalfunction posted:

I only really started liking Gallente ships after the PBR update and subsequent texturing re-jiggerypokerying, I always used to think they were fugly beforehand - Proteus still looks pretty hideous, can't wait for it to be PBR'd.

The thorax has got to be the nicest dildo ship of the game tho. As for the others, pretty much what you said.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Dalael posted:

The thorax has got to be the nicest dildo ship of the game tho.

Omen :colbert:

k3dj
Aug 21, 2015

Wulfling posted:

Does that make FCON the hero we deserve?

yes https://zkillboard.com/kill/48845631/
and my god https://zkillboard.com/kill/48825249/

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Obligatory 'look at the dumbshit MOA does' post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They don't call Thorax fleets "Dickcat" fleets for nothing.

Xolve posted:

There's a guy in MoA now who was in Horde and tried to do a coupbois move with some guys against Gobbins, Horde's CEO. Their plan was to hit up the founder of the corp, alt with max corp/alliance management skills, to buy the shares off him and enact a vote. They didn't account for the alt's owner not logging in for like four months, and that the alt's owner was a PL member.

Some of those guys who tried it are in a Goon corp now who occasionally show up in Horde's staging system with the MoA guy and they just sit on the undock trying to shoot the newbies. It's also pretty great watching the MoA dude constantly talk down about new players and that his corp/alliance is better than a newbie corp etc.

MoA really is the place for people with brain damage to hang out.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 5, 2015

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

ScreamingLlama posted:

I've long maintained that Minmatar ships are the fugliest in EVE, and that still holds true. But now that I've flown a Rifter for the first time, I can understand why goons love them so much.

edit: Darth Cookie: Stratios is pretty, but not that crash hot. There are plenty of better ships to go ganking in.

Agreed! And why do all of their ships have to have solar panels on them? Are the Minmatar so poor they can't even afford proper electronics?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

There's a guy in MoA now who was in Horde and tried to do a coupbois move with some guys against Gobbins, Horde's CEO. Their plan was to hit up the founder of the corp, alt with max corp/alliance management skills, to buy the shares off him and enact a vote. They didn't account for the alt's owner not logging in for like four months, and that the alt's owner was a PL member.

Gobbins doesn't log in.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Why would anybody want to coupbois horde?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Hexel posted:

Because MOA. :psyboom:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Gobbins doesn't log in.

Incorrect. He undocked his Chimera last night.

Hexel posted:

No clue. I guess because either "payback for BNI being killed", "we can run it better", or "I wanna do a coup because I think I'm special."

There have been a few people who try to scam our members via forum posts/corp mails or whatever but we take of it pretty quickly.

Xolve posted:

Because MOA. :psyboom:

No, the dudes doing it weren't in MoA or alts of MoA people (as far as we could tell from our super lax anti-spy poo poo because why do you need to worry about spies in a newbie corp?). They were Horde members who were really whiny about living in Lowsec where they had to travel more than one system to find a fight after we abandoned Catch. Some of them went to some Goon corp, England Corp or something, or they went to an 11 man corp that just played station games in Saranen and was full of ex-Horde members who would bitch in local about Gobbins, PL, etc. and the corp eventually joined MoA.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

No, the dudes doing it weren't in MoA or alts of MoA people (as far as we could tell from our super lax anti-spy poo poo because why do you need to worry about spies in a newbie corp?). They were Horde members who were really whiny about living in Lowsec where they had to travel more than one system to find a fight after we abandoned Catch. Some of them went to some Goon corp, England Corp or something, or they went to an 11 man corp that just played station games in Saranen and was full of ex-Horde members who would bitch in local about Gobbins, PL, etc. and the corp eventually joined MoA.

Well- just as good that they're in MOA now, it's like MOA is a super magnet for mentally necrotic players.

Can anyone explain why people would even bother joining that poo poo alliance? I don't understand the draw to a bad 'no fun allowed' alliance in NPC Pure Blind.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Can anyone explain why people would even bother joining that poo poo alliance?

~elite pvpers fighting the evil goons~

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
MOA has just come across the yoogest, most luxurious capsuleer.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is arguably the most tryhard "I think I'm a tough badass" wallpaper I've ever seen.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

MorsAnima posted:

poo poo after eating corn. That's all the Proteus ever looks like. Vary the amounts of corn based on subsystem choice.

ITT: Goons who don't chew their food.

Sixx Spades posted:

Proteus looks decent with the motorcycle-esq subsystem

Anime hovercycle. :kamina:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

School Nickname posted:

MOA has just come across the yoogest, most luxurious capsuleer.

Lol at everything about that recruitment form.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xolve posted:

Am I the only one who really dislikes stupid rules like that? Seriously, who the gently caress cares about killboard efficiency?
Oh noes, someone lost valuable pixels. :ohdear:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Wyld posted:

Agreed! And why do all of their ships have to have solar panels on them? Are the Minmatar so poor they can't even afford proper electronics?

I once heard somewhere that they were either heat exchangers or (more likely, bearing in mind it works on light, and they look like solar panels,) were to do with their LADAR detection systems?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

Am I the only one who really dislikes stupid rules like that? Seriously, who the gently caress cares about killboard efficiency?
Oh noes, someone lost valuable pixels. :ohdear:

Don't lie, if you ran your own alliance you'd do poo poo like that.

A) No pods over 250m
B) No not believing in Atlantis
C) No not having fun allowed.
D) If you break these rules you're gone, it's that simple.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Don't lie, if you ran your own alliance you'd do poo poo like that.

A) No pods over 250m
B) No not believing in Atlantis
C) No not having fun allowed.
D) If you break these rules you're gone, it's that simple.

How little do you know me.

A) Must believe in Atlantis and invest real money to find it.
B) Must give 57 days of each quarter to find it.
C) no pods allowed. If your ship blows up, you're out.
D) Fun is for losers. See Brave for more info.
E) Vote Bernie Sanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48885781/

Globby came to observe the Hordelings today.

• Locked thread