Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
We only hurt the ones we love.

It's Xean, he's the saboteur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

:iiam:

Violent Kitten fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 4, 2015

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Hang on, I thought you could just cancel projects and not get any of the materials back? Or am I thinking of reputation?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
He cybobully his own fleet

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
As much as I don't know Xean, why he hates me or why we employ him, he's great at trolling his own fleet. I am offering players to join the Starfleet Dental Roleplay Academy until things blow over.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I took a look at xtern1ty YouTube and Sean uploaded a bunch of videos a week ago.

They are all of stuff that happened a year ago?

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamXTERNITY/videos

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
The funny thing is that one of the other Jedis in his fleet took one look at Xean's email, said "Yeah, no" and confessed even though she wasn't responsible, just so that she could get out of the fleet and savour the tears when it happened again.

So what I'm saying is: We can slot more dumb projects in the future.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Collective punishment is a violation of the Geneva convention. Xean is now guilty of war crimes.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

I took a look at xtern1ty YouTube and Sean uploaded a bunch of videos a week ago.

They are all of stuff that happened a year ago?

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamXTERNITY/videos

lol he recorded the zone conversation between me and Dynov where I said I'd paypal him money so he could buy ships.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Tunicate posted:

Collective punishment is a violation of the Geneva convention. Xean is now guilty of war crimes.

Much like your face but that's neither here nor there.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Tunicate posted:

This should totally be capitalised upon.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Morglon posted:

Much like your face but that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, but at least my face is trek canon. :colbert:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wow, that meltdown was over 350k dil?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Tunicate posted:

Yeah, but at least my face is trek canon. :colbert:

But really at this point what isn't?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

someone mailed me that
Isn't his fleet like 90% dental alts by now?

Tunicate posted:

It's good to know that I regularly commit war crimes against my children. No one gets dessert until whoever took the last It's-It confesses.

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

I've got a lvl 52 Fed-Tac toon, who will take in my noob self?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Post yer @handle for a channel invite and you'll get sorted in-game.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I wish I was in Xean's fleet. I think he's a pretty cool guy, but he doesn't have a book written about himself.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He does have a dozen manifestos though.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

That's not the same thing as having a fellowship write a book about you and how your adventures changed lives. Writing it yourself just makes you look crazy and lonely.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

BombermanX posted:

Writing it yourself just makes you look crazy and lonely.

God forbid.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Remember Timber Wolf? He invited Lootcritter (thrax@ddesjardins) to his podcast, who had a short rant about SFD.

https://youtu.be/L-NejL1vKOk?t=23m30s

code:
[Lootcritter] ... and needless to say... the one... um... the... 
              the one group I have always had an issue with within the game, and that's... 
              that's our good friends at... at... Starfleet Dental... um...
              I, my first encounter with these guys was: I was playing my first klingon character
              and I was o-on... um... Qo'Nos to... receive my first promotion, I was so impressed! 
              I was going to meet the... the Chancellor, and I walk in to the Chancellor and... 
              it was a disco party.
[Timber Wolf] [Laughs]
[Lootcritter] And... and... and, it was... [laughs]... it was a... it ruined the moment for me.
              Now I'm not a roleplayer, you know, I don't get dressed up on weekends, you know... 
              The immersion was effective up until the point where i discovered that there was this... this ah... 
              disco ball hanging above the Chancellor's head. 
              Um... and... and I tried to encourage them to stop, which just made it worse.
[Timber Wolf] Of course.
[Lootcritter] I didn't know at the time that all I had to do was switch instances, I didn't think about that at the time; 
              I was a relatively new player
              but oh my God, they ruined my afternoon...
[Timber Wolf] [Laughs]
[Lootcritter] ... and I was, I was... that turned me off. 
i.e. "MY IMMERSION!"

Lootcritter goes on to complain about the celebration of life, and how terrible it was that Dental was in every instance.

Lootcritter posted:

It's funny, you don't see them in the game 90% of the time, except when they can get publicity.
It's like you notice Dentals when they gain notice.

Lootcritter ends his rant by saying that

Lootcritter posted:

[Starfleet Dental] do nice things, they give away stuff, they do help out, um, starting players, so I give them props for that. But it doesn't give them the right to, ruin other people's immersion.
He doesn't seem to appreciate that he as a new player was introduced to the canon way to celebrate important events in the Great Hall. :dance:

EDIT: I did a quick search on google and found Lootcritter's original rant about the promotion party.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 6, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Lootcritter is ddesjardins? That explains a hell of a lot. And timberwolf is that idiot that freaked out about Dental on twitch for hours during his crappy giveaway event. It's only natural that at some point they have a group venting sesh about SFD.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

fakemirage posted:

[Lootcritter] And... and... and, it was... [laughs]... it was a... it ruined the moment for me.
Now I'm not a roleplayer, you know, I don't get dressed up on weekends, you know...
The immersion was effective up until the point where i discovered that there was this... this ah...
disco ball hanging above the Chancellor's head.
Um... and... and I tried to encourage them to stop, which just made it worse.
:spergin:

I still have difficulty believing there are human beings who think like this.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Asimo posted:

You've clearly never met the Star Trek community in Second Life - holy poo poo what a bunch of turbosperges, all they do is bicker and fight and generally have serious mental illnesses.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Asimo posted:

My favorite line from that: "they ruined my afternoon."

His day was actually ruined because of a disco ball on Qonos.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
a pubbie sold a tholian orb weaver for 500m ec to another pubbie

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 6, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It is Star Trek canon that Klingons have fun and a sense of humor and that just Worf is a grumpy rear end in a top hat. Also they do know things about Earth culture so I can totally see some of them just getting hammered on blood wine and throwing around Disco balls while singing staying alive. Now that I think about it that is a video that needs to exist.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
anyone know what causes this guy's name issue?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

hakimashou posted:

anyone know what causes this guy's name issue?

That's loving rad. Don't change it.

Should I try to get an interview with that timberwolf kid? Talk about SFD and the Cryptic visit? Someone get him in touch with me.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

That's loving rad. Don't change it.

Should I try to get an interview with that timberwolf kid? Talk about SFD and the Cryptic visit? Someone get him in touch with me.

He hates us because we crashed his Risa giveaway, recorded his rage, and put it back on YouTube.

It's this guy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmD5Uv0uUVU

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 6, 2015

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.

DonDoodles posted:

lol he recorded the zone conversation between me and Dynov where I said I'd paypal him money so he could buy ships.

I like how he named his video "2014 9 10 Dynov posts cyberbullying rape video link " which is literally me posting a parody of his video, lmao.

I don't know whether to be laughing at his self burn or if I should be mad and be filing a lawsuit.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Xean has posted in Druk's thread on page 3:

quote:

Thank you to all my supporters and friends who understand what's going on.

I am the leader being referred to in this post. Anybody who realizes that, knows instantly the OP started a thinly veiled shaming and bullying thread, considering their past history towards myself and my fleet.

This is nothing new, it's his MO. He's the guy who spammed me threatening pm's then took a pic and claimed I threatened him when I summarized them and sent it back to him. When you read his posts and those of his supporters, bear in mind he knows exactly what fleet and what leader he's targeting. That shows you the context and you can grasp their true intent more clearly.

Put yourself in my shoes and imagine you're someone they been targeting for years, because you deprived them from succeeding to bully someone. Now imagine you have a fleet and know it is possible they are in it. If you're a good leader, you would do whatever you had to, to get results in as safe a manner as possible without harming your real members.

That is what I did. The mails were deliberately worded that way to utilize the weaknesses of perpetrators against them prompting reveal their identity themselves. Through it all, no real member was kicked or demoted and I already had the dil ready to fill the projects up.

As pointed out by others, the results speak for themselves; evidenced from their own malicious actions.​​

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I think he actually believes his own lies and is convincing himself this was all some clever trap. Several members were in fact kicked/left and haven't returned. And those projects still haven't been filled despite his claim he has the dil.

I think his total contributions are a grand total of about 18k fleet credits. Thats combined across all of the holdings...

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Hi Monkeybone13, welcome to Something Awful!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Monkeybone you are a god-drat moron. That is all. Welcome to SA!

Edit: OPSEC level seven, all. Please go through your posts in this thread and erase any/all dev/PWE communiqués immediately.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 7, 2015

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aw gently caress.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Loose lips sink ships poo poo lords.

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

Mondian posted:

Post yer @handle for a channel invite and you'll get sorted in-game.

Sorry for the delay!

Naetalis@naetalis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Da Mott Man posted:

Loose lips sink ships poo poo lords.

I have been unable to support the fleet in the past 2 weeks because I put my dick in a toaster.

• Locked thread