Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Franks Happy Place posted:

gently caress owning a Bill Belichick RB. Also, Blount is old and actually lovely, Gio is hugely more talented. But mostly, if you are volunteering to get on the Patriots RB Carousel of Misery, you are doing fantasy football wrooooong.

qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Even if you decide to own a Bellicheck RB, you have to take the big leap to try to get in old sleeveless' head about when he's going to go run heavy vs pass, what RB he's going to use, etc. What team was generally known to have a soft run defense last year? The Colts. When did Jonas Gray's big game come? Oh, against the Colts. When did Blount have his big game? You guessed it, against the Colts in the playoffs.

Week 1, the Pats play the Steelers. Do you think Billy is going to go run heavy against a defense that made THE ENTIRE BILLS QB CORPS look like the second coming of John Elway? In a game that projects to be a shootout?

I could be right, I could be wrong, but the point is, these are the types of mental games you'll have to play if you invest in the Pats backfield. Gio should get consistent work. Jonas Gray got benched and never recovered because he slept through practice once. Do yourself a favor. Don't go there. I strongly doubt he's going to startable Week 1, and I strongly doubt any of us will be able to guess if/when he goes off again.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

TLDR Trade Blount for Gio and don't start Gray for Week 1.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Week 1, the Pats play the Steelers. Do you think Billy is going to go run heavy against a defense that made THE ENTIRE BILLS QB CORPS look like the second coming of John Elway? In a game that projects to be a shootout?

Jokes on you because Tyrod is the second coming of Elway

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

You'll get no argument from me on that point, chief.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Belichick will produce two top-25 RBs at the end of the season, the problem is that they're going to get all of their points in 4 separate games each and you'll never know when they're coming. Don't fall into the trap. At the end of every season you probably lose to a Blount or a Gray or a whatever and you look and they have ~100 points and you're like "drat, I didn't realize he was doing so well!!"

He's not, you're being lied to. Run. Run away from Billy as far and as fast as possible.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I agree with you, but I don't see a problem with starting Gray week 1. Blount is out. Gray is getting touches no matter what.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Even I am staying away from the NE backfield this year while drafting. 0 redraft shares so far.

I AM, however, carefully watching the usage of White, Lewis, and Cadet (if he makes the team) in ppr leagues for the first few games to see if one could be a Vereen type contributor from the WW.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I need some second opinions on this trade i received, since i haven't paid much attention to the Chargers.

someone offered me Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon for Lamar Miller and Nelson Aghalor.

Now i'm leaning towards rejecting since i'd rather have Miller than an unproven rookie, and Aghalor seems to have locked up the WR2 spot, but Allen from little i've read has been having a great camp? Now i also have Andre Ellington snoozing on the bench for probably most of the season unless a trade/injury happens. Maybe try Ellington/Aghalor instead?

1 PPR WR/WR/WR/RB/RB and no flex, there's also 0.03 PP Kick Return Yard and 0.06 PP Punt Return Yard, which is why i have Lockett.

WR Brandin Cooks
WR Amari Cooper
WR Nelson Aghalor
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Lamar Miller
BN Andre Ellington
BN Tevin Coleman
BN DeVante Parker
BN Reggie Wayne
BN Tyler Lockett
BN Antonio Gates

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Drafting my 16 man team tomorrow and its my first time in a league that big. Thinking of just going all out with a total upside/roll of the dice team. Go RB-RB-RB targeting guys like Lamar Miller and then get potentially great WRs like John Brown, Charles/Stevie Johnson, etc. Crazy? I figure I don't want a solid team, because a solid team misses the playoffs in a 16 man league. Better to swing for the fences?

VietCampo posted:

I need some second opinions on this trade i received, since i haven't paid much attention to the Chargers.

someone offered me Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon for Lamar Miller and Nelson Aghalor.

Now i'm leaning towards rejecting since i'd rather have Miller than an unproven rookie, and Aghalor seems to have locked up the WR2 spot, but Allen from little i've read has been having a great camp? Now i also have Andre Ellington snoozing on the bench for probably most of the season unless a trade/injury happens. Maybe try Ellington/Aghalor instead?

1 PPR WR/WR/WR/RB/RB and no flex, there's also 0.03 PP Kick Return Yard and 0.06 PP Punt Return Yard, which is why i have Lockett.

WR Brandin Cooks
WR Amari Cooper
WR Nelson Aghalor
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Lamar Miller
BN Andre Ellington
BN Tevin Coleman
BN DeVante Parker
BN Reggie Wayne
BN Tyler Lockett
BN Antonio Gates
A lot of people think Lamar Miller is a lock for top 10 RB and could break the top 5 if the Dolphins offense clicks the way we are hoping. Aghalor is a very talented WR2 on a team that spreads the ball, scores points and produced two top 25 WR's last year with an inferior QB. You would be getting a second year WR who is talent and should recover from their sophomore slump and a very good but very raw back who may only be a 2 down back at best. I wouldn't do it - I like your team just the way it is.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

cheese posted:

Drafting my 16 man team tomorrow and its my first time in a league that big. Thinking of just going all out with a total upside/roll of the dice team. Go RB-RB-RB targeting guys like Lamar Miller and then get potentially great WRs like John Brown, Charles/Stevie Johnson, etc. Crazy? I figure I don't want a solid team, because a solid team misses the playoffs in a 16 man league. Better to swing for the fences?

I moved to a 14 team league this year so I can relate in a sort of way. What I learned is load up on RBs. They are a precious commodity in leagues that big, and the waiver wire will be a barren wasteland after the draft. Look for a back half QB and TE. I played a balanced game and ended up with 7 WRs after my draft, most of which were upside guys like you mentioned.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

A lot of people think Lamar Miller is a lock for top 10 RB and could break the top 5 if the Dolphins offense clicks the way we are hoping. Aghalor is a very talented WR2 on a team that spreads the ball, scores points and produced two top 25 WR's last year with an inferior QB. You would be getting a second year WR who is talent and should recover from their sophomore slump and a very good but very raw back who may only be a 2 down back at best. I wouldn't do it - I like your team just the way it is.

Yea, that's how i feel about Miller, what would you think about me countering with Andre Ellington + Aghalor for Keenan Allen + Melvin Gordon?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

That's an easy reject for me in a typical ppr league, but no RB flex changes the calculus somewhat.

I'd still stand pat if I was you, but it's not an insulting offer by any means. My approach would be to wait until games start, I think. It's probable that Gordon is being slightly overvalued (he's a solid talent but the line sucks this year and he's a 2 down back at the moment so long as Woodhead is there), so you could potentially get a better deal by waiting.

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010
With Fred Jackson going to the Seahawks as a likely RB2, how will he perform there behind Lynch?

And based on my roster, should I pick him up and who should I drop? I am worried about my RB corps, which is why I ask.

0.5ppr, 10 team, 4 QBPaTD, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX

QB: Tannehill / Bradford
RB: Le'Veon Bell / Justin Forsett / Darren McFadden / Ameer Abdullah
WR: Randall Cobb / Mike Evans / Deandre Hopkins / Anquan Boldin / Charles Johnson / Stevie Johnson

Also, how are people on DMF at the beginning until Bell gets back in the game? Hopefully he will not get injured for 2 weeks and perform okay.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Heisenator posted:

With Fred Jackson going to the Seahawks as a likely RB2, how will he perform there behind Lynch?

And based on my roster, should I pick him up and who should I drop? I am worried about my RB corps, which is why I ask.

WR: Randall Cobb / Mike Evans / Deandre Hopkins / Anquan Boldin / Charles Johnson / Stevie Johnson

Also, how are people on DMF at the beginning until Bell gets back in the game? Hopefully he will not get injured for 2 weeks and perform okay.

I doubt FJax is even flexable with Lynch healthy. If Lynch is injured, he'll be a nice low end RB2, though. I wouldn't drop anyone that you have for him. Darren McFadden is on the Cowboys. DeAngelo Williams will be at least flexable those first two weeks with Bell out.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Heisenator posted:

I would imaging that Jackson will be used similar to Christine Michael.

IE rarely and only fantasy relevant if Lynch gets injured.

Edit: Speaking of which, it looks like Seattle might be looking to trade Christine Michael now that they have signed Fred Jackson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/04/reports-seahawks-trying-to-trade-christine-michael-robert-turbin-to-be-waivedinjured/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Worth picking up for your K until this plays out. Hes been hyped as a solid back for a while now, he was just buried behind Lynch.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 5, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Heisenator posted:

I imagine he spells Lynch a few times a game for a series, moving ahead of Robert Turbin?. If Seattle is playing their game and pounding the ball, then there are carries to be had. Lynch had 280 carries last year and Turbin has had 75-80 each of the last 3 years as Lynch's backup.

Heisenator posted:

I wouldn't drop anyone on that team, which is quite sexy (Bradford and Tannelhill), for Jackson. Its half ppr and you have 3 very strong WR's in Cobb/Evans/Hopkins, so that leaves the two RB slots which are obviously already filled. Jackson doesn't help you fill in for Bell weeks 1/2, so no real value there.

Heisenator posted:

If DeAngelo Williams is around (and he should be in a 10 team league), I would just drop DMF for him and then your suspension problems are solved.

OxySnake posted:

I moved to a 14 team league this year so I can relate in a sort of way. What I learned is load up on RBs. They are a precious commodity in leagues that big, and the waiver wire will be a barren wasteland after the draft. Look for a back half QB and TE. I played a balanced game and ended up with 7 WRs after my draft, most of which were upside guys like you mentioned.
Thanks that is kinda what I was thinking as well. I've been running mocks and I find I can get starts like Anderson/Miller/Ellington or Bell/Gore/Stewart. I can see clear cut #1 RB's being just worth their weight in gold in a 16 team standard league. QB's are also something I'm unsure about. In 12 team leagues I'm just waiting til the 10th-12 round until everyone else has a QB because Rivers or Eli or Teddy are always there. I can definitely see most people in this league taking a second QB early and I don't want to get left holding the bag. I end up with Carson Palmer and Winston, which I'm not sure about.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jonas Gray released. Chaos reigns.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

RCarr posted:

I agree with you, but I don't see a problem with starting Gray week 1. Blount is out. Gray is getting touches no matter what.

lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

:lol: gently caress Belichick RBs forever and ever

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RCarr posted:

Lol

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

time makes fools of us all

well, except me

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Goodbye sweet prince. I'll always treasure the avatar you earned me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just grabbed James White. I think he's the safer bet than Bolden, yeah?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

:siren: All about the Dion Lewis Hype Train! :siren: I had added Gray as my RB 2 in a league with Bell to cover me for the first week, please let the Dion Lewis waiver go through :ohdear:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

:getin: I picked up Dion Lewis yesterday.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at all you jabronies picking up the "next man up" in a Belichick backfield. You will never learn.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Prophecy120 posted:

I love when a player in the same league as you asks a question here, is told 'No don't do that' and they do it anyway. :v:

HEY.

We'll see how it works out. Bench is looking worse now that Jones got cut anyway.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Benne posted:

lol at all you jabronies picking up the "next man up" in a Belichick backfield. You will never learn.
I thought about it for 5 seconds, canceled it and grabbed Denard Robinson. gently caress it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Watch the Browns or Cowboys pick him up.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Watch the Brown or Cowboys pick him up.
Would you really be excited about Gray if the Browns picked him up? Maybe the cowboys, maybe.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Lol I also drafted Jonas Gray in the 13th round in a different league. I'm a moron.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Benne posted:

I didn't need Matt Jones anyway :twisted:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I just grabbed James White. I think he's the safer bet than Bolden, yeah?

PPR I'd rank then Blount, Lewis, White, Cadet, Bolden for the season right now. There are no safe bets.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

cheese posted:

Would you really be excited about Gray if the Browns picked him up? Maybe the cowboys, maybe.

No but it would add more murk to already murky RBBCs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Belichick will produce two top-25 RBs at the end of the season, the problem is that they're going to get all of their points in 4 separate games each and you'll never know when they're coming. Don't fall into the trap. At the end of every season you probably lose to a Blount or a Gray or a whatever and you look and they have ~100 points and you're like "drat, I didn't realize he was doing so well!!"

He's not, you're being lied to. Run. Run away from Billy as far and as fast as possible.

It'll be just as much luck to pick those games as it was for those of us who played Latavius Murray the one week he went nuts last year.

But I do love me some Latavius. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat. Never oversleep on Belichick.

EVER.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Benne posted:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

No but it would add more murk to already murky RBBCs.
Hes going to Atlanta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Benne posted:

All they need is one great week and then you trade them to morons.

• Locked thread