Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Well that's no good. At least they made it something that happens to her as opposed to something she did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What the gently caress GT?

Mordaedil posted:

Burn everything.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

*Use Frieza's Death Ball to destroy this thread Toei Animation and everyone within*

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

projecthalaxy posted:

Well that's no good. At least they made it something that happens to her as opposed to something she did?

That makes it worse

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Someone on GT's staff really wanted to gently caress kids, I think Pan gets into inappropriate sexual situations like two or three times? Weird

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Hmm yeah let's have a big fun discussion about the sexual agency of a teenage girl breastfeeding a deer :thumbsup:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Hmm yeah let's have a big fun discussion about the sexual agency of a teenage girl breastfeeding a deer :thumbsup:

She's not even a teenager in the Japanese version, making it extra creepy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is creepy as poo poo but this is also the series where a teenage girl shows off to an old pervert because someone stole her panties so uh, it ain't exclusive to GT.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I gotta ask why Team Four Star is going the route of making FFVII machina videos. This is really out there, and not only is kinda dumb but a bit desperate looking.

All their other videos are more-or-less related to DBZ, and even though I really don't give two shits about them (those 'Krillian/Vegeta/Nappa Let's Play' things are awful), I'd let them slide cause, hey, gotta fuel the tank somehow I guess. It takes time to make those Abridged videos, gotta get some revenue streaming here and there. They were obnoxious but harmless.

This though? What's the logic? Are they trying to keep the gravy train going any way how? Do they want to become a YouTube media company full time? I just don't get it

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

OK, it's an inappropiate scene, but can we please not have a full page of goons desperately trying to prove how non-creepy they are every time something similar comes up?

Anyways, there's someone doing a LP of the Attack of the Saiyans NDS game right now in case some of you are interested and don't usually visit the LP subforum.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Parrotine posted:

I gotta ask why Team Four Star is going the route of making FFVII machina videos. This is really out there, and not only is kinda dumb but a bit desperate looking.

All their other videos are more-or-less related to DBZ, and even though I really don't give two shits about them (those 'Krillian/Vegeta/Nappa Let's Play' things are awful), I'd let them slide cause, hey, gotta fuel the tank somehow I guess. It takes time to make those Abridged videos, gotta get some revenue streaming here and there. They were obnoxious but harmless.

This though? What's the logic? Are they trying to keep the gravy train going any way how? Do they want to become a YouTube media company full time? I just don't get it

They want to? They have fun doing it?

Why the gently caress do you care about it and their business model. Doesn't affect you at all. Don't watch it or provide criticism.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Desperate?" I remember talking to Takahata about him wanting to do an FF7 abridged like 7 years ago. I'm amazed it actually came out after all this time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My understanding is that they mentioned doing FF7 Abridged once a while ago and got a huge amount of positive feedback for it so when they started doing Patron stuff it was one of the things they promised because people wanted it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Tae posted:

"Desperate?" I remember talking to Takahata about him wanting to do an FF7 abridged like 7 years ago. I'm amazed it actually came out after all this time.

Yeah the impression I get is that they're doing this out of genuine love of the game (like DBZA is). That it's apparently real bad is unfortunate but what can you do. If they were really chasing after hits, then they would rush for any popular property like Minecraft or Steven Universe or whatever rather than a PSX game that's fading out of memory.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

haha what if pan isn't breastfeeding the deer at all.....im a hosed up guy who doesn't sexualise a deer nuzzling a human child

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mycot posted:

Yeah the impression I get is that they're doing this out of genuine love of the game (like DBZA is). That it's apparently real bad is unfortunate but what can you do. If they were really chasing after hits, then they would rush for any popular property like Minecraft or Steven Universe or whatever rather than a PSX game that's fading out of memory.

The difference being they know a shitload about DBZ and not near as much about FFVII.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the vids aren't particularly funny, but I'm not seeing any evidence that they don't know about FF7

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There's been two vids in which they've gotten, and this is being conservative, an hour into the game

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Much like DBZA (which also isn't really that good, objectively) it's a comedy based on flanderisation of the characters, the characters just are less iconic than DBZ

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

mycot posted:

a PSX game that's fading out of memory.

lmao

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Petiso posted:

OK, it's an inappropiate scene, but can we please not have a full page of goons desperately trying to prove how non-creepy they are every time something similar comes up?

Anyways, there's someone doing a LP of the Attack of the Saiyans NDS game right now in case some of you are interested and don't usually visit the LP subforum.

Thanks! I've been looking for an LP of this.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I'm pretty sure most of the non aging internet crowd wouldn't know Aeris dies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Petiso posted:

OK, it's an inappropiate scene, but can we please not have a full page of goons desperately trying to prove how non-creepy they are every time something similar comes
What is this weird thing goons keep doing? Is it just to be smug? Because I have seen it a lot lately

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mycot posted:

I'm pretty sure most of the non aging internet crowd wouldn't know Aeris dies.

If they don't know they'll know in a year and a half

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The I guess you could call it "popular memory" of FFVII might not be the best but that's true for most things. See: people who remember Superhero Goku, when Goku is in fact a terrible, selfish person.

Point being, FFVII is still definitely in the public consciousness, at least the same public that would watch TFS in the first place.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Namtab posted:

multiple posts one after the other
Do you know how to use the edit button?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you know how to use the edit button?

I don't think you get forums.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

mycot posted:

To be honest it's really not that bad and I have no love for FF7 because I've never played it. It's not great, but neither was DBZA at the start.

Like the people calling it god awful are really exaggerating, it's pretty decent. I expect them to grow into it once they find their footing just like they did with DBZA.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

NikkolasKing posted:

The I guess you could call it "popular memory" of FFVII might not be the best but that's true for most things. See: people who remember Superhero Goku, when Goku is in fact a terrible, selfish person.

Point being, FFVII is still definitely in the public consciousness, at least the same public that would watch TFS in the first place.

Goku is 10 times the hero you will ever be human being

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

If you dont like goku please gently caress off, we dont want you here

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Goku is 10 times the hero you will ever be human being

That's not saying much, since I know I'm a ruthless selfish rear end.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is this weird thing goons keep doing? Is it just to be smug? Because I have seen it a lot lately

We're on a forum that largely despises anime, and anime fans for good reason, so we have to try extra hard not to conform to the worst stereotypes.

Also, it's to be smug.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Speaking of DBZA the preview for episode 50 is up. http://teamfourstar.com/video/dbza-episode-50-preview-inconsistancies/

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

its cause goons think anime is inherently shameful and they have to prove every post they arent a pervert pedo scumbag, like this

Neo_Crimson posted:

We're on a forum that largely despises anime, and anime fans for good reason, so we have to try extra hard not to conform to the worst stereotypes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Anime fans are no worse than any other fans. Every group ever has its bad seeds.

Also I like Goku...during Dragon Ball. It's Adult Goku in Part 2/DBZ I cannot stand.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

:ironicat:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Also, it's to be smug.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

its cause goons think anime is inherently shameful and they have to prove every post they arent a pervert pedo scumbag, like this

Lmao the only creep is the person who named the youtube video that

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhkFOQtJn-w

Demon King (non-Majin) Dabura finally officially added to Dragon Ball Heroes.

Also Tarble.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol at these two creeps

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Dragonball Z Abridged is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Dragonball Z Abridged is bad

• Locked thread