Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Can't we just all be excellent to each other? :angel:

I'm sorry I don't feel like coddling the congenital idiot in his aggressively ignorant posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Preston/Logan 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Your Gay Uncle posted:

These are the same people who freaked out that The Walmart was instituting Sharia law because Allen West said a dark skinned cashier wouldn't touch the alcohol he bought and tried to boycott Campbell's because they were certifying their souls as Halal.

That's quite a feat.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Dalael posted:

That is actually kind of cool. Were someone to do this here, it would automatically disqualify that ballot. Hell, some have been thrown out because people's check mark is a bit outside the circle. Democracy at its finest.

Each state has their own rules, as far as I know. It would disqualify the entire ballot in South Dakota, so write-ins are effectively not allowed here.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is the US politics thread, they're just getting into the spirit of the topic.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

JonathonSpectre posted:

Any time I start to feel this way, I go cut a little of my hair off the ends and then put it in a dish and set it on fire and smell how terrible burning hair smells. Then I think about just how much of that particular smell George W. Bush is responsible for and I remember that he's one of the most despicable scumbag motherfuckers to ever walk the face of the Earth and I shake off Bushstalgia.

True or not, this is gold and you're a better person for posting it.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Lprsti99 posted:

This is the US politics thread, they're just getting into the spirit of the topic.

Like, San Dimas is in the US, man.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The type of posts in which a complete stranger on the internet is projecting his daddy issues onto me has always left me feeling a bit awkward and :confused: about what I'm supposed to do.

Hug him, maybe? :sympathy:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Dalael posted:

The type of posts in which a complete stranger on the internet is projecting his daddy issues onto me has always left me feeling a bit awkward and :confused: about what I'm supposed to do.

Hug him, maybe? :sympathy:

I'm sorry I lashed out at you. :sympathy:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Stultus Maximus posted:

And Miller (the Palin-backed teabagger) tried to butterfly-ballot Murkowski and exclude anyone who didn't spell her name exactly right. The Supreme Court told him to go gargle goat semen.

Well that is one hell of a ruling. Glad to see the SC stepping up their game.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Wasserman Schultz just came out in support of the Iran deal. We're finding a lot less space for anti-deal Dems to hide in, now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Voyager I posted:

It's okay, he prefers to spend his time studying more serious matters like finding the ruins of Atlantis in South America and making terrible posts in the EVE thread.

When you disparage the EVE thread, you dishonor Vilerat.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Mister Macys posted:

The only responsible thing to do in EVE is shooting blues.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Listen, everyone has their flaws, and IMO it is really inappropriate and nasty for you to point out Vilerat's when he was a good person overall

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Litany Unheard posted:

Wasserman Schultz just came out in support of the Iran deal. We're finding a lot less space for anti-deal Dems to hide in, now.

The head of the DNC just came out in favor after the deal was already a foregone conclusion? Profile in Courage.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Litany Unheard posted:

I was very surprised to hear this since I had sworn she had already come out pretty staunchly against it. But this is a blow for Bibi and AIPAC since DWS is one of the most pro-Israeli Hawks in Congress

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mister Macys posted:

So dishonoring Vilerat is a celebrated goonwaffe pastime from that thread alone? :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Litany Unheard posted:

Colin Powell just came out in support of the deal, too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cythereal posted:

So dishonoring Vilerat is a celebrated goonwaffe pastime from that thread alone? :v:

They hate the game. The thread is pure gold, though.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
E: Whoops nvm

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The head of the DNC just came out in favor after the deal was already a foregone conclusion? Profile in Courage.

I'm trying to figure out how to say yes, good post, without cheerleading. You made me lol in real life and you nailed it on the head.

Johnnie5
Oct 18, 2004
A Very Happy Robot

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/640566616925818880

quote:

Thank you, Colin, for putting your experience and expertise behind this important initiative for our country. https://t.co/bSnaLMs8CU

Obama, the Shademaster

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

DaveWoo posted:

Colin Powell always seems too reasonable to be a republican, he is almost likable except for the whitewashing of the My Lai massacre.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Westboro Baptist Church weighs in on the Kim Davis affair.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if kim davis was a muslim lunch lady.....

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

TBF Colin Powell isn't a reputable source for whether or not countries have WMDs.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Thump! posted:

Well that is one hell of a ruling. Glad to see the SC stepping up their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Rincewinds posted:

he is almost likable except for the whitewashing of the My Lai massacre.

Almost sounds like Jimmy Carter...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I'm sorry I don't feel like coddling the congenital idiot in his aggressively ignorant posting.

So no, then.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

It's logical from their ultra-Orthodox perspective. If divorce can legally happen, and you participate in that, then you're part of what opened the doors for gay marriage.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So Huckabee said this morning that Lincoln was arrested at some point because he was refused to think that Black people were unequal or something.

I can't find any documentation on this. It's more than likely it could be from a chain e-mail, but if anyone wants to shed some light, that'd be nice.

edit: Wait, nevermind. Watched the video again and he didn't say Lincoln went to jail, he aksed if he "should have" for ignoring Dred Scott.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 6, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

So Huckabee said this morning that Lincoln was arrested at some point because he was refused to think that Black people were unequal or something.

I can't find any documentation on this. It's more than likely it could be from a chain e-mail, but if anyone wants to shed some light, that'd be nice.

edit: Wait, nevermind. Watched the video again and he didn't say Lincoln went to jail, he aksed if he "should have" for ignoring Dred Scott.

Never happened, also Huckabee should be in prison.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Huckabee probably shouldn't talk so much about releasing people from prison given his history on the subject.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
If prayer can cure diabetes you'd think he'd recommend praying her out.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Out of curiosity was Mick Huckabee ever this crazy when he was actually in politics or is this purely a way to grift people?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Aurubin posted:

Out of curiosity was Mick Huckabee ever this crazy when he was actually in politics or is this purely a way to grift people?

He was allegedly the cuddlly, "moderate" type of Republican back in 2007, so he was still a shithead but became gradually worse as time went on.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mr Interweb posted:

He was allegedly the cuddlly, "moderate" type of Republican back in 2007, so he was still a shithead but became gradually worse as time went on.
And now he thinks a raped 10-year-old should be forced to carry their child to term.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Interweb posted:

I actually remember liking a lot of his positions the first time he ran for president and thinking he looked a lot less like a hawk than McCain. I think after that election he got his TV show and went full on evangelical wingnut.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

:lol: Figures. The church I grew up in was big on that, too. It wasn't unheard of for people who had remarried to have a crisis of conscience and leave their second/third/whatever spouse to return to their first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The hosed up thing about Westboro Baptist Church is they rarely need to worry about cognitive dissonance, their beliefs are largely internally consistent. So its shittiness is entirely up to what they believe and how their followers say it, not hypocrisy.

• Locked thread