Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Desuwa posted:

Some of the Japanese heavies might be able to do it before people realize how easy it is to pen them from even slightly off center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZombieLenin posted:

I like your avatar, and I do have lots of bucks; however, two things. Defending myself when you blow up that I'm doing it wrong isn't taking pixel tanks seriously. Those things aren't the same. And seriously I love the new title, but I am not taking credit for it.

If I changed anyone's avatar it would be Helseau because--without any evidence mind you--I imagine him as a super fat neckbeard who pops a vein of his win rate in the tank game goes down.

That's right. Telling you I don't give a poo poo about the right way and calling out a poster who is acting like he's super butt hurt for my game playing decisions must mean I take this all super seriously. :colbert:

But this argument is over. Let's move on from the douchebaggary related to pix tanks and talk about how awesome the o-I experimental with the lol gun is.
Yo let's talk about how I still don't have that avatar I promised you'd give me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Yo let's talk about how I still don't have that avatar I promised you'd give me.

Anything is possible with the power of imagination. Just believe you have a slightly confusing, slightly insulting avatar and you will in your heart have that avatar today!

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I have seen more full-on one shot ammo rackings in the last two days than I have in the last 2 months. Maybe it is confirmation bias or something, but it is still funny. My first game last night someone one shotted me in my T110E5, whole loving turret went up. Not even mad at the dude, just perplexed. I switched to my Type 59 next game, I one shotted a T-44, his turret went flying. Yeah, they are weak from the side. Then the fourth game I one shotted a IS3, and in my sixth nuked a T29 in the 2nd shot. Really weird poo poo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Man, the tanks threads have had their share of shitpostery before, but the last few pages... god drat you guys are really outdoing yourselves.

gg wp o7

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Nordick posted:

Man, the tanks threads have had their share of shitpostery before, but the last few pages... god drat you guys are really outdoing yourselves.

gg wp o7

Thanks, you too.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Hey Obj 260 owners - what tank did you use for the heavy mission where you need to block 3x your HP in damage with armor and deal 3k damage? Do I just need to get idiots to shoot my KV-5 poorly for a while?

I just lacked 30 damage blocked to do it in my E 75, a T-29 was bouncing my armor and my team told me get it over with and kill the fucker, so I did. Lesson is, never listen to team. :suicide:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

unlawfulsoup posted:

I have seen more full-on one shot ammo rackings in the last two days than I have in the last 2 months.

I haven't pubbed since September of last year, but the way the new CW is going, maybe I should actually play again instead of sitting in Strongholds forever.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is a 100% HEAT loadout on the LeFH viable? Tempted to try it as a way to generate more pubbie tears.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rincewinds posted:

I just lacked 30 damage blocked to do it in my E 75, a T-29 was bouncing my armor and my team told me get it over with and kill the fucker, so I did. Lesson is, never listen to team. :suicide:

I have no pity for you. You are a fool. Missions take priority over everything else.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

That you promised I'd give you? What do I get for my :10bux:? I hope it's a free tank :gifttank:, or at least a handjob.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 5, 2015

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
double post

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Is a 100% HEAT loadout on the LeFH viable? Tempted to try it as a way to generate more pubbie tears.

Not even close. 104 HEAT pen isn't adequate for even penning tier 5s. I have 32/10 on my leFH I believe and I've never wanted for more of either type of ammo.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I'm at 37/5. The HEAT shells have a few uses but running out of HE is a real concern in long games if you bring much HEAT and you don't want to run out of HE or you'll end up having to try to kill that KV that's ravaging your team with just foul language and loud fizzes.

e: i demand ten points for that sentence :downs:

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

ZombieLenin posted:

double post

this is one of your better ones

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's what I figured. Thanks guys.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

Not even close. 104 HEAT pen isn't adequate for even penning tier 5s. I have 32/10 on my leFH I believe and I've never wanted for more of either type of ammo.

I carried a similar amount of HEAT and ran out of HE and lost a game. Carry less.

On the other hand I have saved maybe 3 or 4 games with HEAT, so it's not completely worthless.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Which targets are worth using HEAT on in the LeFH is more of an art than a science but there's not a whole lot of them. You can't pen most T5+ heavies with the LeFH's HEAT round - KV's laugh at it. Tier 5 and 6 mediums are probably the most likely candidates, but even with those it isn't a sure thing. Most T4's you should just shoot HE at.

Now, if you had said M44... in that thing I shot more than 50% HEAT, it's loving amazing. It's really loving good at shotgunning too.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 6, 2015

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Otoh, playing a KV with the derp gun and HEAT led to hilarious pubbie tears.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

David Corbett posted:

Otoh, playing a KV with the derp gun and HEAT led to hilarious pubbie tears.

I've occasionally been surprised by T-34-85's running the 122mm derp with HEAT. It's an awful idea but it sometimes works and fucks you over with 350 alpha you didn't expect.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

I carried a similar amount of HEAT and ran out of HE and lost a game. Carry less.

On the other hand I have saved maybe 3 or 4 games with HEAT, so it's not completely worthless.

I load HEAT early before I run out of targets. Broadside T1HTs peeking and poking in the distance? Time to blap them for half their HP.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

TheFluff posted:

I've occasionally been surprised by T-34-85's running the 122mm derp with HEAT. It's an awful idea but it sometimes works and fucks you over with 350 alpha you didn't expect.

It's fun on Tier V. The first time I tried it recently, I took out five enemy tanks.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheFluff posted:

Now, if you had said M44... in that thing I shot more than 50% HEAT, it's loving amazing. It's really loving good at shotgunning too.

The M44 is actually the reason I asked about HEAT. I ran 100% HEAT in it for several of the harder Stug4 SPG missions and it is amazing...just really loving expensive.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

David Corbett posted:

It's fun on Tier V. The first time I tried it recently, I took out five enemy tanks.

Do it on the KV-1S instead, it's much faster.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Missing Name posted:

Hellsau's avatar is perfect the way it he is

FTFY :3:

Blindeye posted:

Trip report: the M6 with the 90mm feels like easy mode. You can do 2000 damage without even noticing and come back and realized that's just a level II mastery game. Now to get my crew to 100% and finish getting 6th sense....

It's really underrated. It's absolutely a tank that I rushed past and sold when I was new, and then rebought later with no regrets. The 90 mm gun really makes that tank as the hull is pretty meh. It's a really solid alternative now that the old tier 6 KV-1S is gone.

ZombieLenin posted:

If you ammo rack someone, and it blows, is that an instant kill?

Yes, although keep in mind you can still damage the rack without it losing all the HP and detonating. All the more reason to repair the rack immediately if you take a hit there and survive.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yo OMC users, swap over to Aslain's for a bit. It's much more stable for me.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop responding to zombie lenin and post your favorite songs to play wot with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdcskfqXH5I

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Mans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHGniKW9dso

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Mans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJf4hwyiDU&hd=1

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mans posted:

https://youtu.be/ii-qdSPkCfs
If I'm playing German tanks and drunk, or on 5x weekends.

Or whatever spotify I was listening to before I got the insane urge to click wot.exe

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Me enjoying my O-Ni Heavy Tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8iu0XFUQc

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Everything I do is for China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7b3xVoxEY

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Blindeye posted:

Trip report: the M6 with the 90mm feels like easy mode. You can do 2000 damage without even noticing and come back and realized that's just a level II mastery game. Now to get my crew to 100% and finish getting 6th sense....

I know people like the T1 Heavy too, but I just want to get through it so I can play the M6 and T29. A heavy tank (M6) with the T20's gun and a better rate of fire sounds pretty awesome. I'm really enjoying the T20 at the moment.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

M.C. McMic posted:

I know people like the T1 Heavy too, but I just want to get through it so I can play the M6 and T29. A heavy tank (M6) with the T20's gun and a better rate of fire sounds pretty awesome. I'm really enjoying the T20 at the moment.

I love the T1, it's lightly armored but rams tanks well, has a good dpm, and is very mobile. The m6 trades some mobility for that lovely gun, but it's worth it.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Some Random Pubbie posted:

MajorSledgehammer (12:44:38 PM) Guess I did my part, huh?
Arishtat (12:45:10 PM) huh?
MajorSledgehammer (12:52:48 PM) In the battle I asked you to carry...
MajorSledgehammer (12:53:10 PM) I was the SP...kicked some rear end
Arishtat (12:53:14 PM) uh ok, sure, you did good or something
MajorSledgehammer (12:53:50 PM) typical...be a jackass then...FU
MajorSledgehammer (12:54:11 PM) guess that comes with being blue/purple
Arishtat (12:58:48 PM) No it comes from being focused on not getting dead, I wasn't reading chat while taking on a pair of Tiger Ps and some other stuff.
MajorSledgehammer (12:59:57 PM) I said that at the very beginning...in the frist 10 seconds, you dipshit.
MajorSledgehammer (1:00:21 PM) but whatever...done with you...bye

:psypop:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
WHY DON'T YOU APPRECIATE ME :qq:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Blindeye posted:

Of course I just cursed myself with cherry-red teams today, averaging high damage but winning 3 out of 14 games so far. Oh matchmaking, how you mock me.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

TracerM17 posted:

Anybody know what WG's policy on getting a refund on a premium tank you absolutely hate? I bought a CDC during the last sale, and I really do not enjoy being a huge tank that only makes the red tanks think "Oh, free experience!" I thought it would be mobile enough that it would be like driving a light tank, but WHO KNEW that a tank the size of a heavy with less armor than a light would be so easy to pen? I know some people really love the CDC, but they must be 1000% better than I.

Bottom line, I am dumb and want WG to bail me out. Does throwing myself on the mercy of their customer service help at all? I own a Type 59, that must count for something.

I'm still consistently bad in my CDC, but it's still one of the most fun tanks I own, and I enjoy playing it.

I just can't figure out how to play it on certain maps. I love it when I get Ruinberg, Redshire or Westfield... pretty much any open map with hills, bushes and some good vision. When I end up on Himmelsdorf or Kharkov or the like, I generally say, "uhh..." and I die horribly.

People do seem to focus you, but that's sometimes understandable, especially if you're in a tier 8 or 9 match. You've got a very good gun, and you're pretty much a guaranteed penetration with little to no aiming involved for any pubby that wants to shoot (auto-aim) at you.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

M.C. McMic posted:

I'm still consistently bad in my CDC, but it's still one of the most fun tanks I own, and I enjoy playing it.

I just can't figure out how to play it on certain maps. I love it when I get Ruinberg, Redshire or Westfield... pretty much any open map with hills, bushes and some good vision. When I end up on Himmelsdorf or Kharkov or the like, I generally say, "uhh..." and I die horribly.

People do seem to focus you, but that's sometimes understandable, especially if you're in a tier 8 or 9 match. You've got a very good gun, and you're pretty much a guaranteed penetration with little to no aiming involved for any pubby that wants to shoot (auto-aim) at you.

The CDC can work really well, but I don't really enjoy driving it. Its paper thin armor and large flat sides actually opens it up to taking damage from things that almost no one has to worry about. Some doofus in a VK28.01 nailed me with AP shells from the 105mm gun.
Its weird how I have no issues with that in light tanks, but nothing attracts fire like a CDC. Short of a TOG on sand river in the open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I like seeing CDCs in my KV-2.

That said, make it hard to shoot you by playing with Cromwell logic.