Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
mgsv is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

madeupfred posted:

mgsv is really good

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

but actually it's good. not as good as the Witcher 3. but good

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I agree, 2010 style anime in 1980?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if witcher 3 and MGSV had a baby i

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

it's me. the child of destiny with the blood of elves that's powered by namomachines

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

I agree, 2010 style anime in 1980?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i really like having casette tapes instead of cutscenes. having ocelot explain absolutely everything that's happened in the last nine years in a two hour long cutscene at the beginning would have been excruciating, but it's enjoyable when you can listen to chunks of it during a mission.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
you can also stick those on your cardboard boxes to distract guards, same with the other posters

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finished up the prologue and that guy was right. It really is longer than Ground Zeros.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

ha ha ha its the yospos number
ha ha

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

problematic

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

goddamnit kaz

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jacking off to anime feels nice.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

would / would / would

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

dealing w/ it so hard right now

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

so i started far cry 4 on ps4 last night since i bought it on sale a while back

holy poo poo how do people play shooters with gamepads, it's the absolute loving worst. i mean i knew it was bad but i figured it would be at least playable. loving hell

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

so i guess i also quit far cry 4 last night

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

all i can think about is how bad all of them are gonna smell in that armor

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Katana Gomai posted:

holy poo poo how do people play shooters with gamepads, it's the absolute loving worst. i mean i knew it was bad but i figured it would be at least playable. loving hell

did you turn off autoaim?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

there's an autoaim? i guess it wasn't turned on by default because i didnt notice it and i didn't dive into the settings. thank

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i did, however, get hilariously mauled by a snow leopard completely out of the blue right after sneaking up on an enemy for a perfect stealth kill. i guess the stealth killer became the stealth killee

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Why would that make it better.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you're going to shoot things in first person with a controller you should probably numb the pain with auto aim.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you're going to shoot things in first person with a controller you should probably numb the pain with auto aim.

or a shot to the head

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

owns

madeupfred posted:

i really like having casette tapes instead of cutscenes. having ocelot explain absolutely everything that's happened in the last nine years in a two hour long cutscene at the beginning would have been excruciating, but it's enjoyable when you can listen to chunks of it during a mission.

yeah. it's a lot better than codec conversations

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

very carefully

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

but hey if ur skill level isn't high enough to shoot dudes with a gamepad i understand. it's not for nuubs.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

its just like one of my japanese animes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

but hey if ur skill level isn't high enough to shoot dudes with a gamepad i understand. it's not for nuubs.

Don't post in threads I read, dumbass.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i have a couple missions coming up that require missiles but I haven't developed the rocket launcher yet. is it possible to shift a bunch of guys into a field and boost it temporarily? I've been just doing the auto sort for now, hovering around lvl 8&9 for most

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah you can definitely do that. however i'm not sure how much a bunch of E and D level grunts will help. also remember there's a max number of people you can assign to each sector based on the various structure levels

gently caress i can't stop thinking about MGSV

e: also i'm not entirely sure the point of sending my troops out on online missions. maybe do that if you know you won't be playing the game for a few days?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
welp mad max just deleted my save after 36+ hours in the game so cool

the game has one of the worst save systems I've ever seen so that's nice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

welp mad max just deleted my save after 36+ hours in the game so cool

the game has one of the worst save systems I've ever seen so that's nice

just one save slut?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rad

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
mad max has a single autosave slot that you choose, it's really stupid. i launched the game and clicked A because that should have resumed, but instead it had autoselected new game, and I wasn't paying attention and hit A again and it deleted everything

there's no warning, there's no fallback. you pick a single autosave slot and that is it. it's really lovely

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Vintersorg posted:

i have a couple missions coming up that require missiles but I haven't developed the rocket launcher yet. is it possible to shift a bunch of guys into a field and boost it temporarily? I've been just doing the auto sort for now, hovering around lvl 8&9 for most

you can complete at least one of them with C4 if youre careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

mad max has a single autosave slot that you choose, it's really stupid. i launched the game and clicked A because that should have resumed, but instead it had autoselected new game, and I wasn't paying attention and hit A again and it deleted everything

there's no warning, there's no fallback. you pick a single autosave slot and that is it. it's really lovely

ah, user error

• Locked thread