Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Illinois Smith posted:

who was the crazy-annoying giggly guy from the last Australian tour, I need to know so I can avoid the episode if they have him on again

Gary Reynolds Luke MacGregor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Live Adelaaaaaaaaide episode this wednesday, I'm pumped.

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Live Adelaaaaaaaaide episode this wednesday, I'm pumped.

It will beeee SOOO niiiice!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Australia is where podcasts go to die. It's Superpod all over again.

@thedollop
Unfortunately, during today’s plane ride, the SD card for all previously recorded Australia Dollops was lost.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

On Facebook Dave is getting agro at people asking if there was a backup.

There was, but it was on another sd card which he lost as well .

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

God, when I read "they were in my pocket" I really hope he means a pocket of his luggage or a camera bag or something. Because if you're just throwing two SD cards into the sides of your pants and then sitting down on an airplane, come the gently caress on Dave. Act like a professional with some bit of foresight. It's obviously a free podcast and it's not that I feel entitled, but between this and the echo tantrum he needs to just get poo poo together.

But there is a shining light. We didn't lose Adelaaaaaaaaide.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Jet Jaguar posted:

Australia is where podcasts go to die. It's Superpod all over again.

@thedollop
Unfortunately, during today’s plane ride, the SD card for all previously recorded Australia Dollops was lost.

They just put up the Canberra one so they must have found it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Nah Canberra show was last night.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

What if Dave has been trolling the internet this whole time!!?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Adelaide just this moment finished, but over two hours long and I don't know if it was the most rambling or best episode I've heard.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

But did they celebrate and was it so nice?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Maduo posted:

But did they celebrate and was it so nice?

Well there was an aftershow where at 1am the guys were on stage, a cake was brought out and everyone sung happy birthday to Dave.

The actual show will be interesting to relisten to and see if it makes any sense out of the room. The fact an audience member kept delivering them scotches means a lot of time is spent riffing vaguely on topic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Too bad they lost those shows. The two they have uploaded where very good.

I am kinda wishing they would do more crazy poo poo from around the world. Switch the format to one American and one from somewhere in the world per week. Would be awesome.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I get the feeling they'll have to eventually. Dave said he had a list of topics several pages long but when you crank out two a week, every week, it goes through it fast. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them eventually loosen up on the whole "No Serial Killers/ violent incidents" thing given how much stuff was in the episode they just did. Dude killed what, 6-7 people that we heard about? Then they ended the episode with what happened to his body.

I mean I really don't want to see them start doing stuff like episodes on Jeffery Dahmer cuz it'll be pretty drat hard to squeeze comedy blood from that stone, but I could see them doing an episode on Ed Gein, mainly cuz he only killed 2 (possibly 3) people and was a colossal fuckin' weirdo in so many ways.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
I've never suggested it because it does contain a couple of murders, but I've always thought the 3X murders of the 1930s would make a good Dollop. It starts out weird and just gets bonkers by the end. This is a lovely angelfire site but it does a good job of laying out the story.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Apparently they found the SD cards, so thr missing shows will appear at some point. From the sound of it they had slipped into a pack of gum in Dave's pocket.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probably hid it with the baggy of cocaine in there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

Apparently they found the SD cards, so thr missing shows will appear at some point. From the sound of it they had slipped into a pack of gum in Dave's pocket.

I'm guessing it was a troll on their part.

At least I hope so.

Who am I kidding they are both morons. Entertaining morons.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I get the feeling they'll have to eventually. Dave said he had a list of topics several pages long but when you crank out two a week, every week, it goes through it fast. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them eventually loosen up on the whole "No Serial Killers/ violent incidents" thing given how much stuff was in the episode they just did. Dude killed what, 6-7 people that we heard about? Then they ended the episode with what happened to his body.

I mean I really don't want to see them start doing stuff like episodes on Jeffery Dahmer cuz it'll be pretty drat hard to squeeze comedy blood from that stone, but I could see them doing an episode on Ed Gein, mainly cuz he only killed 2 (possibly 3) people and was a colossal fuckin' weirdo in so many ways.

I think it'd be cool for them to have an ancient history podcaster on to read the both of them some hosed up story from back then every once and a while.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I think it'd be cool for them to have an ancient history podcaster on to read the both of them some hosed up story from back then every once and a while.

That would be an interesting twist on the usual formula. Have both Dave and Gareth Gary going in blind for an episode on stuff from other countries. Hell, doing one on Australia could be pretty interesting with Wil Anderson or someone else being the reader.

What was the name of that famous Australian outlaw who basically made hillbilly armor out of steel plates? Ned Kelly? They could do an episode on him.

Edit: Yes, Ned Kelly.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

ChetReckless posted:

I've never suggested it because it does contain a couple of murders, but I've always thought the 3X murders of the 1930s would make a good Dollop. It starts out weird and just gets bonkers by the end. This is a lovely angelfire site but it does a good job of laying out the story.
God if there's one story that deserves to bend the "no murderers" rule it's 3X. Gary would have a field day with that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

InequalityGodzilla posted:

That would be an interesting twist on the usual formula. Have both Dave and Gareth Gary going in blind for an episode on stuff from other countries. Hell, doing one on Australia could be pretty interesting with Wil Anderson or someone else being the reader.

What was the name of that famous Australian outlaw who basically made hillbilly armor out of steel plates? Ned Kelly? They could do an episode on him.

Edit: Yes, Ned Kelly.

There's not too much about Ned aside from the Battle at Glenrowan. There's a few oddities such as his eloquent blaming of society and being fairly nice to hostages but you probably couldn't stretch it for an hour.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Is there an explanation for the horses trying to drink ashes thing from the latest (#110 Burke and Wills) podcast?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Koburn posted:

Is there an explanation for the horses trying to drink ashes thing from the latest (#110 Burke and Wills) podcast?

Horses are incredibly stupid, jittery animals.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
nvm

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 1, 2015

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

Koburn posted:

Camp fires are supposed to be doused and stirred before leaving camp. Horses might have been looking where they heard a splash?

Also, horses are stupid and jittery as mentioned and thirst only exacerbates the issue.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The Emu War episode is cracking me up. The Australian Army vs a horde of birds. Way better topic than the exorcism.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
What's the deal with these dudes and Australia?

I've been banging through this podcast in a mostly chronological fashion and it seems like from the very earliest episodes they were talking up Australian tour dates.

They are both 'mericans based in L.A. right?

Also I share the opinion that live podcasts are weird and inferior. All these L.A. comedian podcasts are incestuous enough without them selling tickets to episodes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

What's the deal with these dudes and Australia?

I've been banging through this podcast in a mostly chronological fashion and it seems like from the very earliest episodes they were talking up Australian tour dates.

They are both 'mericans based in L.A. right?

Also I share the opinion that live podcasts are weird and inferior. All these L.A. comedian podcasts are incestuous enough without them selling tickets to episodes.

I've wondered this too.

Wish they would do an American tour with other comedians that actually want to do the show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Copper Vein posted:

Dave Anthony used to host a podcast called Walking the Room

Dave Anthony got big because Wil Anderson, an australian comic who hosts TOFOP, saw him and brought him on as a regular guest on TOFOP. TOFOP is huge in australia

this meant that dave anthony got really big in australia before he ever started the dollop

so when he started the dollop, before it got big here, it was huge in australia due to his association with TOFOP, that's why him and gary constantly references australia

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Yeah, Dave friends with Wil and Charlie on TOFOP, largely in part from Walking the Room with Greg Behrendt. I miss Walking the Room.

Where were you the night that Superpod died?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I am really curious to know what the numbers are like for their listeners here, but it must be massive.

At the Adelaide show (the one they were struggling most to sell tickets for) there were still hundreds of people in the room.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Just listened to "DC Stephenson" and the recent "Operation Jade Helm". US politics is really a rabbit hole of crazy.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
For better or worse, an Australian tour is probably much more likely to be profitable for them than a large US tour

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
For anyone who knew Dave Anthony from before Walking The Room, did he always say oval office a lot or did that grow alongside his love of Australia? I refuse to believe there's no correlation.

If you have a graph of oval office vs. Oz, post it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Not Operator posted:

For anyone who knew Dave Anthony from before Walking The Room, did he always say oval office a lot or did that grow alongside his love of Australia? I refuse to believe there's no correlation.

If you have a graph of oval office vs. Oz, post it.

I think he used it alot but not in the friendly Australian way.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Alfred's tour of Australia is my favorite episode in a long while. So many separate chapters of just everyone loving up, and the bewildered civic pride from the guest and audience was hugely endearing.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I got bored a little ways into the Jack Parson episode and turned it off, and only now did I decided to go back and give it another shot. Like 30 seconds after I stopped listening originally, Aleister Crowley shows up, followed by sex magick with L. Ron Hubbard, and to top it all off, simultaneous incest/bestiality. The Forrest Gump of bad things, indeed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Now listen to Hubbard's Dead Authors appearances, it's a good companion piece. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rochallor posted:

I got bored a little ways into the Jack Parson episode and turned it off, and only now did I decided to go back and give it another shot. Like 30 seconds after I stopped listening originally, Aleister Crowley shows up, followed by sex magick with L. Ron Hubbard, and to top it all off, simultaneous incest/bestiality. The Forrest Gump of bad things, indeed.

was this the guy who was so unlikable that he couldn't even get laid in a magic sex cult