Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Monogatari?
This poll is closed.
Deishuu "Dilbert as gently caress" Kaiki 133 84.18%
Some other dope, who cares 25 15.82%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
for how long it took me to get a fuckin relicanth i made sure to keep that fucker in my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lol

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsMVbv7IPmA <-------- cool song that samples oot sounds and for some reason uses a slap bass patch??

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Never having played any pokemon... thats as shameful as never playing a zelda or a mario.

I think this means that being a Sega kid means you grew up unloved.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Srice posted:

I think this means that being a Sega kid means you grew up unloved.

nah, cause then you got to play more Treasure games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Other good pokes no one ever seems to care about : Gligar, Drapion, Escavalier, Chandelure

people don't call about gligar because it got an evolution

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The Colonel posted:

nah, cause then you got to play more Treasure games

McDonald's treasure land adventure

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

people don't call about gligar because it got an evolution

Endorph posted:

best ghost-type: haunter (NOT GENGAR)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Linnaeus posted:

McDonald's treasure land adventure

that's a great game, and is basically a precursor to dynamite headdy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

Why is this surprising?

I dunno. Then again, I did something similar with Samurai Champloo (watched it 6 times in a row, alternating it with episodes of Mononoke and the 100 Stories) and the 1st Season of Haruhi (watched it three times in a row, once in Broadcasting Order, once in chronological order and once more with the 6 "Melancholy" episodes at the end). I think I did something similar with Ouran.

Also, can someone recommend me some good Metal bands that you think I've never heard of? I'm running out of ideas for my morning jogs, and Machine Head / Gojira can only take me so far.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Never having played any pokemon... thats as shameful as never playing a zelda or a mario.

I'm 0 for 3

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
How the gently caress do you manage to never play a Mario game

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I missed the creation of the new thread. RIP other thread.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Congratulations on liking entry-level/meme pokemon.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i bought two lovely ps1 arcade sticks at a garage sale for $5 so now i need to decide whether to start monogatari s2 or fire up street fighter alpha 3

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Pokémon and Pokémon games are great and should be played by all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4lH5ni-3o

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Radio Spiricom posted:

i bought two lovely ps1 arcade sticks at a garage sale for $5 so now i need to decide whether to start monogatari s2 or fire up street fighter alpha 3

*In Street Fighter Alpha 3 Announcer voice*

THIS IS MONOGATARI, SEASON TWO!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

How the gently caress do you manage to never play a Mario game

It happens. One of my bosses hates the Mario games with a passion and has never played one on account of how "dull and loving boring" they look. He also hates Zelda games and "strong-armed" one of the girls who used to have the "TREASURE CHEST" jingle as her ringtone into changing it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I stopped watching Buddyfight right before the first major tournament. No idea why, because I thought it was perfectly serviceable.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGpXCC6ybU

this is the song that plays in the anime forum every minute of every day

All of the Clock Town songs were insanely good, and I still hum them sometimes despite not finishing the game

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

And Whimsicott was the post Pokemon despite not being suited to just steam roll over opponents

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Wark Say posted:

It happens. One of my bosses hates the Mario games with a passion and has never played one on account of how "dull and loving boring" they look. He also hates Zelda games and "strong-armed" one of the girls who used to have the "TREASURE CHEST" jingle as her ringtone into changing it.

Sounds like a real piece of poo poo!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

that dude is a grown man?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Time for work. R.I.P.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Time for work. R.I.P.

same

god speed chat thread

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Out of all the possible criticisms of Mario games "dull" seems like a weird one. They're so colorful!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Radio Spiricom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsMVbv7IPmA <-------- cool song that samples oot sounds and for some reason uses a slap bass patch??

This is nice and reminds me of some song that is an electronic homage or whatever to the legend of Zelda. I can't think of the title though

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'm thinking of the Legend of Zelda by Zedd. I can't remember how to embed YouTube videos on my phone sooo

http://youtu.be/zLzaZ_HXmjw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GorfZaplen posted:

Time for work. R.I.P.

sorry about your death

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Spice & Wolf vol 15 was great, even better than 14 which was my previous favorite. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Spice & Wolf vol 15 was great, even better than 14 which was my previous favorite. Can't wait to see how it ends.

3rd season please!!!!! I don't want to read light novels....

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

Sounds like a real piece of poo poo!

Endorph posted:

that dude is a grown man?

Also a new dad. He's mostly just grumpy 'cause he's had like 0 hours to sleep on account of her daughter being born like 2 months ago and he hasn't been able to get his Witcher on. Stand-up dude outside of his disdain for classic franchises, though!

Droyer posted:

Out of all the possible criticisms of Mario games "dull" seems like a weird one. They're so colorful!

I don't think he was all that into Video Games when he was young.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But... but he's a boy!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Also a new dad. He's mostly just grumpy 'cause he's had like 0 hours to sleep on account of her daughter being born like 2 months ago and he hasn't been able to get his Witcher on. Stand-up dude outside of his disdain for classic franchises, though!

I don't think he was all that into Video Games when he was young.

Destroy him and claim his child for yourself. It is kinder than a childhood without Mario.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Linnaeus posted:

3rd season please!!!!! I don't want to read light novels....
Assuming they kept it to 6 eps per novel (which they may not, I feel like most LN->anime adaptations don't do that these days) they'd need like 5 or 6 seasons assuming they skip the side story books. Lawrence and Holo go all over the place!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Level Slide posted:

I stopped watching Buddyfight right before the first major tournament. No idea why, because I thought it was perfectly serviceable.

tbh when Imade the dumb titty demon lol dilby gif I didnt think anybody would recognize the buddyfight poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Boy is that thread going to a good, unfunny place

• Locked thread