Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

david... posted:

Frame this post and put it on the fridge
ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

what could we call the generation after millenials, you know, the babbies who are like 1 or 2 right now

ubermillenials? postmillenials? generation Z

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

child soldiers. they'll make good candidates for our future ender's game projects to go to space war against china

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

what could we call the generation after millenials, you know, the babbies who are like 1 or 2 right now

Generation Feeble Idiots. I mean look at them. They can't even hold down a simple job.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

they can't speak english good I know that for sure

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Uncle Enzo posted:

Kids born in early-to-late eighties: Manually edited system configuration files in order to play Video Gamez, saved money to buy new graphics cards, posted anonymously on lovely websites they often made themselves.

I was born in the mid 70s and did this from about 1991. :downswords: if you didn't plug your computer into your TV, "load "*", 8, 1", or later dream about the very out of reach SVGA card and compatible monitor, or post semi-anonymously to local dial-in BBS sites that had regular in-person meet-ups.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Madcosby posted:

This video is prob my favorite cringe video of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6KAg6qEGY

earmuffs please officer

I never get tired of watching this. There's just so many little moments. Hollywood couldn't reproduce this.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Uncle Enzo posted:

Agreed on principle- yes I did grow up with computers, but goddamn it it was an accomplishment when you finally got Dark Forces working, after you edited your sys.ini and/or autoexec.bat. Kids who grew up smearing their fingers around an Iphonepadpod had an utterly different experience. I grew up calling random strangers on the internet dickholes and being called the same. I post on a website I paid to join that uses totally archaic tech (bbcode, vbulletin) that uses inline formatting.

My dad installed Windows NT 4.0 on the only computer in the house and told me it wouldn't let me do anything I wasn't supposed to. I went through every folder on C: and ran every executable it would let me, read every text file, and tried to figure out what it all did. Show me a 22 year old that's done that- I TA'd a 400-level undergraduate class a couple years ago and half the students didn't know the difference between a network drive, the two in-computer hard drives, a usb drive and an external harddrive. They barely understood what a directory structure was, much less what a well-organized one looks like. Or how to make or rename a folder. Or what it means and what to do when windows says a file is in use when you're trying to delete it. No understanding of what a drive letter is or what they mean or where they saved something or if they even did save their work.

Kids born in early-to-late eighties: Manually edited system configuration files in order to play Video Gamez, saved money to buy new graphics cards, posted anonymously on lovely websites they often made themselves.

Kids born in the mid-to-late nineties: Press button for game. Game loads. Smear fingers on screen playing gaem. Post on facebook how well you did in game. Upload picture of self flipping off camera while making duckface.

it's called being a goddamn nerd most people your age don't know how to do all that computer poo poo either

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AlphaKeny1 posted:

child soldiers. they'll make good candidates for our future ender's game projects to go to space war against china

imagine millernials going off to war.

They would all get killed in the charge since they would stop to take selfies.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

hosed

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

what could we call the generation after snake people, you know, the babbies who are like 1 or 2 right now

it' slike that other guy said earlier in the thread, names are progressively getting less cooler. generation x is a totally radical and tubular xtreme name, millennials sounds stupid, so the next generation will be 'poo poo-eating worthless babies who can't do anything'

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

What do the people in waterwold call themselves?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
wrong the next generations will either be called The Next Generation or the Post-Inhumanites.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Madcosby posted:

earmuffs please officer

um excuse me brutality here

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Giblet Plus! posted:

Dude pretty much the same story down to the K6-2.

My computer at the end of high school:

gently caress yeah bro you weren't poo poo back in the day if you didn't have a see through panel on your computer. I stepped it up and cut mine with a dremel myself but you owned me with the water cooling.

My millennial brother was just over at my house with his mismatched flannel/argyle socks looking all "cool" *shakes old man fist*

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is the new thing near me, climbing up stuff and falling to your death so your parents can sue people who did nothing wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uunZvBHgyOY

I blame that assassin video game i tell you what

Oh and you loving millenials may recognize that area from the Tron reboot, which was not as good as the Tron from MY generation.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

The name changes depending on how you prepare and cook them.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Uncle Enzo posted:

Kids born in the mid-to-late nineties: Press button for game. Game loads. Smear fingers on screen playing gaem. Post on facebook how well you did in game. Upload picture of self flipping off camera while making duckface.

so what you loving nerd

gee, later generations have an easier time with more mature technology NO poo poo

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

Agreed on principle- yes I did grow up with computers, but goddamn it it was an accomplishment when you finally got Dark Forces working, after you edited your sys.ini and/or autoexec.bat. Kids who grew up smearing their fingers around an Iphonepadpod had an utterly different experience. I grew up calling random strangers on the internet dickholes and being called the same. I post on a website I paid to join that uses totally archaic tech (bbcode, vbulletin) that uses inline formatting.

My dad installed Windows NT 4.0 on the only computer in the house and told me it wouldn't let me do anything I wasn't supposed to. I went through every folder on C: and ran every executable it would let me, read every text file, and tried to figure out what it all did. Show me a 22 year old that's done that- I TA'd a 400-level undergraduate class a couple years ago and half the students didn't know the difference between a network drive, the two in-computer hard drives, a usb drive and an external harddrive. They barely understood what a directory structure was, much less what a well-organized one looks like. Or how to make or rename a folder. Or what it means and what to do when windows says a file is in use when you're trying to delete it. No understanding of what a drive letter is or what they mean or where they saved something or if they even did save their work.

ok gramps your stories are so whacky and i love em just make sure im on the will.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

This is the new thing near me, climbing up stuff and falling to your death so your parents can sue people who did nothing wrong

Oh and you loving millenials may recognize that area from the Tron reboot, which was not as good as the Tron from MY generation.

People have been doing this forever, it is just now they have a camera and can put it online.

http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/ http://www.beyondtheboundary.co.uk/ sites like these owns for less retarded poo poo and more interesting urban exploring

eg: Them going into battersea power station etc

Because how popular it is my city (Bristol) for years have a "doors open day" to places like that are normally closed off http://www.bristoldoorsopenday.org.uk/

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 6, 2015

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The ULTIMATE millennial .mov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtonKfWw2JY

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Reverse Centaur posted:

I'm almost 40 and when I was 7/8 I used to hang out with 11/12 year old kids that did poo poo like this all the time. And back then there weren't even youtube bragging rights. Some kids just plain don't give a gently caress and seemingly have no fear whatsoever.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

bowser posted:

This entire page (click and drag w/ your mouse).

How the gently caress do they have a tech company with no indian guys? Who writes the code?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

earmuffs please officer

They probably drink corporate water

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Gimme a start-date-end-date for millenials.

Just remember that each gen is 20 years/2 decades, and the post-war Baby Boom began in 1945 because soldiers started coming home en masse and making the sex in '44.

1945-1964 - Baby Boomers
1965-1984 - Generation X
1985-2004 - Millenials
2005-2024 - ?????

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just remember that each gen is 20 years/2 decades, and the post-war Baby Boom began in 1945 because soldiers started coming home en masse and making the sex in '44.

1945-1964 - Baby Boomers
1965-1984 - Generation X
1985-2004 - Millenials
2005-2024 - ?????

i'd put the millenial start date at 1982 and it should end at 2001

if you were born between the introduction of the commodore 64 and the bursting of the first dot-com boom, you are a millenial

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Reverse Centaur posted:

This is some serious Assassin's Creed poo poo that came up after watching that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwAXwVbxGHU

Millennial hobby or no, it's pretty drat cool. And having youtube around to show off and brag, is just going to push them in to doing more and more dangerous stuff.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 6, 2015

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Boosted_C5 posted:

1945-1964 - Baby Boomers
1965-1984 - Generation X
1985-2004 - Millenials
2005-2024 - ?????

Gaybies.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Giblet Plus! posted:

Dude pretty much the same story down to the K6-2.

My computer at the end of high school:

i almost did this but instead I bought a sound system for my car and that was a good decision for my social life

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Reverse Centaur posted:

whats with none of those scaffolds having toeboards? that poo poo wouldnt fly here loving lazy bc scaffolders

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

AEMINAL posted:

Gaybies.

Xheers

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

gbaby posted:

what are those big tubes for

That's the internet, duh.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

they're like flames painted on the side of a car to make it go faster

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Pawn 17 posted:

This is some serious Assassin's Creed poo poo that came up after watching that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwAXwVbxGHU

Millennial hobby or no, it's pretty drat cool. And having youtube around to show off and brag, is just going to push them in to doing more and more dangerous stuff.

As an aside, those two from the Vancouver bridge vid did a climb onto a loving crane on Trump Tower hotel and it's mandatory viewing if you don't mind not breathing for about four minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlJ3Bkcieq0

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Uncle Enzo posted:

The Greatest Generation

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

bowser posted:

This is pure gold:

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Madcosby posted:

earmuffs please officer

quote:

The student who is holding the camera and narrating the event is not an NYU Student. He goes to Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA

heheh

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

bowser posted:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

david... posted:

gas this post

interestingly enough you got the same experience if you were a couple years younger and poor

• Locked thread