Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Energy is fine, not giving a poo poo whether Pat or the audience can follow along is not fine

I could follow along just fine. It's funny and fun and we don't have droning backstory about the moronic Metal Gear politics going on every second, so it's good for me.

Basically I'm here for the goofy stealth bullshit, not whatever the story's trying to be this time. Metal Gear stories get turbo-awful very, very quickly when they start taking themselves seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Gunjumper Liam is ideal for TPP LP, because if they stopped to listen to every cassette etc, the playthrough would go into 100+ parts.

Plus he's actually super good at Metal Gear. He's got the balance of speed and stealth.

Yeah I have to agree. Keeping the game moving is probably the most important in a LP. If you want all the story you should probably buy the game yourself (it's really loving good from what I've played so far) or just find some YouTube video of all the tapes that I assure you some fan will do soon if not already.

As annoying as Liam can be on the podcast he is probably the best at videogames out of the Zaibatsu.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Liam playing it is fine cause he can probably do a buncha goofy poo poo that'll be fun to watch. Him trying to out talk the cutscenes while everyone is trying to tell him to cut it out in a polite way is pretty annoying. I'm sure it'll even out though or Pat will murder him with a wet toothbrush.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah, I don't have a problem with him during the actual playing part, but he just skips dialogue constantly in most of his LPs lately.

Lunatic Crossing
Jan 21, 2007
I can't wait for Pat to make all kinds of crazy nonsense story assumptions based on half-listening to half of the dialogue/tapes.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I can't wait for Huey to turn into Kenny 2.0.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Huey is the loving worst holy poo poo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Don't worry, he'll drown himself after his son boned his second wife as his punishment.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I never thought I'd say this but I'm so glad Otakon hosed his mom.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
IN OTHER NEWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzmFKUDOUgw&hd=1

Episode 1 is apparently in the wild right now, unsubbed.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 6, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Captain Invictus posted:

IN OTHER NEWS

Wow i cant believe they finally made a Horse-bone anime

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Captain Invictus posted:

IN OTHER NEWS

YESSSSSSSS

gently caress WHAT A poo poo TIME FOR A FAMOUS STREAMING SITE TO BE DOWN FOR THE NEXT MONTH.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This Mystery Box is not what I expected to see but holy poo poo I love this game
quack

Is there no sound effects or something?

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 6, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

YESSSSSSSS

gently caress WHAT A poo poo TIME FOR A FAMOUS STREAMING SITE TO BE DOWN FOR THE NEXT MONTH.

Ain't it gonna be in them rolls that are crunchy?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HGH posted:

This Mystery Box is not what I expected to see but holy poo poo I love this game
quack

Is there no sound effects or something?

Yeah, looks like they lost the game audio (and the vid is back from when dog con was a thing). Still was a fun watch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I never seem to get a reply from the mgs thread about this, but: are the pre order bonus items unlockable through regular gameplay or are they now forever locked off? poo poo sucks that I only managed to find enough spending money literally the day it came out.

Also I heard keyboard and mouse is really unwieldy with TPP, what's the deal on that?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Silentman0 posted:

I can't wait for Liam to turn into Kenny 2.0.

Fixed.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

pandaK posted:

I never seem to get a reply from the mgs thread about this, but: are the pre order bonus items unlockable through regular gameplay or are they now forever locked off? poo poo sucks that I only managed to find enough spending money literally the day it came out.

Also I heard keyboard and mouse is really unwieldy with TPP, what's the deal on that?

They're just some lovely re-skinned guns and camo, why do you care? I've never even used any of the pre-order stuff in the 50+ hours I've played.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wow gently caress you. Liam maybe bad, but he's also good.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam has reached the perfect balance of opinions. that's why people fear him. he's the alpha goon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

Liam has reached the perfect balance of opinions. that's why people fear him. he's the alpha goon.

Balance doesn't mean arguing the opposite point no matter how dumb it is to

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

FauxGateau posted:

Liam's opinions are just bizarre and inconsistent enough to keep you guessing, but not so much that he's James Small.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

hoobajoo posted:

Liam's opinions are just bizarre and inconsistent enough to keep you guessing, but not so much that he's James Small.

Liam is basically if Jeff Gerstmann were born in the 90's and were way less cynical and grumpy about video games. And was also way into terrible anime.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Liam is basically if Jeff Gerstmann were born in the 90's and were way less cynical and grumpy about video games. And was also way into terrible anime.

In what way is that remotely Jeff then.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

So, completely different from Jeff Gerstmann, then. Good analogy.

"He's basically this guy, but with a different background, interests, and outlook on life."

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TriffTshngo posted:

Liam's actual like of anime garbage is probably the main reason I like him. I mean he knows, but he's cool with it. Liam highlights include: playing Sonic Adventure while Matt and Woolie talk about Dinobots, Aria of Sorrow playthrough, his promo for wrestlemania II, and his unflinching almost relentless opinions.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He'll also post here eventually. Probably not woolie though.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Tae posted:

In what way is that remotely Jeff then.

hoobajoo posted:

So, completely different from Jeff Gerstmann, then. Good analogy.

"He's basically this guy, but with a different background, interests, and outlook on life."

I meant in the way they both have completely inscrutable/bizarre tastes that their fans always take issue with.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anyone cares about his tastes. No one really gives a poo poo if he likes anime, he's just inconsistent in his opinion and his predictable-and-constant devil's advocate is annoying.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think he's cool and strong. I wish he would post here.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Veotax posted:

They're just some lovely re-skinned guns and camo, why do you care? I've never even used any of the pre-order stuff in the 50+ hours I've played.

Ohh, I'd thought that maybe they'd have at least some uses since the cardboard box looked like it'd have a different camo index. Okay, well I guess that seals the deal on this purchase

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

pandaK posted:

Ohh, I'd thought that maybe they'd have at least some uses since the cardboard box looked like it'd have a different camo index. Okay, well I guess that seals the deal on this purchase

You get plenty of different cardboard box designs in the game.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

FauxGateau posted:

I think he's cool and strong. I wish he would post here.

There's something really admirable about liking bad things, understanding that they are garbage, and proudly liking them anyway. Liam really seems to like being Liam, and that's a lot of fun.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

There's something really admirable about liking bad things, understanding that they are garbage, and proudly liking them anyway. Liam really seems to like being Liam, and that's a lot of fun.

Yeah, he's sincere and I can dig that. Plus, for all the devil's advocacy, he usually has the right reaction to "you like X and it's dumb and bad": "yeah".

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
My main autistic nitpick. with Liam is that part of the appeal of a LP is to experience a game even when you're poo poo at it, but man does he skip a lot of the text and plot and leave people feeling short shrifted.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Solaris Knight posted:

My main autistic nitpick. with Liam is that part of the appeal of a LP is to experience a game even when you're poo poo at it, but man does he skip a lot of the text and plot and leave people feeling short shrifted.

For shorter games that can bug me, but after the Pat/Woolz dynamic for the last two long LPs, I welcome the new age of gunjumping in this case. And an LP shouldn't be a replacement for actually playing the game yourself anyway.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

I don't think anyone cares about his tastes. No one really gives a poo poo if he likes anime, he's just inconsistent in his opinion and his predictable-and-constant devil's advocate is annoying.

remember when he went off on about hating assassin's creed but then no guys unity's fine you're all being too hard on it

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam's almost perfect so he has to give us things to dislike about him. It's the only way to level the playing field.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'd probably do the Liam Route in Ore no Zaibatsu ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam would totally be a Yandere. We should probably tell others.