Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

mentholmoose posted:

I was thinking on this, but the only online game I have access to is Grand Theft Auto V. I'm sure we could somehow broadcast a couple deathmatch rounds (if you've got the PS4 version), but I'm fairly certain a much easier way would be some sort of Baseball Mogul based contest.

All I got is my wiiU and laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

DL Howe, Hamels to SR, Pettitte to MR, Blyleven to LR

inky101
Nov 1, 2007

Pick 'em: More Fun the Flyweights (that subtitle :iiam:)

All retain! :monar:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Pick 'em: More Fun the Flyweights

Intercontinental Championship
Ry'leh Cultists (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Heavyweight Championship
South Bolton Eazy W's (c) @ Krakow Dragons

Canadian Championship
Hartford Whalers @ RCMP (c)

Cruiserweight and Television Championships
Oklahoma City Bombers @ Chicago Southpaws (c)

UNIFICATION MATCH! Larkin-Downing vs Hardcore
Kernels unify vs. both retain vs. Wolverines unify

My lineup is out of sorts, and I don't know if that's a bug of the script or not, but here it is again:

vs both LHP and RHP

#1 Ashburn CF
#2 Hornsby DH
#3 Gehrig 1B
#4 Robinson RF
#5 Sheffield LF
#6 Rodriguez SS
#7 Dickey C
#8 Gehringer 2B
#9 Rolen 3B

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Champs Retain

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Clearly, the solution here is to get a netplay-capable SNES emulator and play a series of Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, the best baseball game ever.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
How in the gently caress did we go 4-2 with half our offense hitting below the Mendoza line?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

King Felix into the rotation for Falkenberg

Pick 'em: More Fun the Flyweights

3 points if you pick a team to sweep and take the title and are right, 1 point if you pick someone to retain and are right.

Khartoum Doom

Heavyweight Championship
South Bolton Eazy W's (c)

Canadian Championship
RCMP (c)

Cruiserweight and Television Championships
Chicago Southpaws (c)

UNIFICATION MATCH! Larkin-Downing vs Hardcore
both retain

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Kernels unify, all others retain.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Mooseontheloose posted:

That probably won't work out well. Sounds like we might have to go with somebody doing a simulation of something in Mogul, which is really what I'd prefer anyways. Beyond that I'm open to ideas.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XVII, Week 2: Joyless

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

KERNELS EASILY CAPTURE HARDCORE TITLE WITH 12-4 WIN

Mitchell- There was not a surfeit of drama today, as the Kernels, having won the first two games of the series against the Wolverines, turned the finale into a laugher, piling up 12 runs against the Detroit club.

In truth, the game was competitive until the bottom the eighth, when the Kernels, seeing a moment of weakness in Wolverines' starting pitcher Dwight Gooden, pounced, piling up seven runs to give themselves a considerably bigger cushion. The Wolverines, who had already been losing, but now where completely hopeless, folded in the top of the ninth, and the Kernels unified the Hardcore and Larkin-Downing titles.

"With all due respect to my opponent, and I realize now that I can't remember who we were actually facing in this game. Is it the Phantoms?" CFBalla asked. "Are the Phantoms still around? I try and keep up with who's in my division, but it changes every season, and I've got better things to do, like worrying about the tag team tournament and the playoffs."

"That probably sounds a bit cocky to some of you guys, but in my defense, the regular season is already over, guys, at least, it is for me." CFBalla explained. "The last person who beat me for a division title is the dear departed Viscount Slim, and he's not coming back. He got killed in long fiction, and my impression is that long fiction deaths count for more in the Super-League. So, it's going to take new blood to beat me, and I just don't see anyone around, although I guess I haven't been looking that closely, that is going to beat the Kernels."

"Before we go any further, though, I want to talk about my pitching. A lot of owners, not good owners, but so-so owners, they want to try and grab as many deadballers as they can, stack them up, and then wonder why it doesn't work out. The thing is, generic deadballers aren't really that great. They might give you some okay stats, but the fact is that they don't get strikeouts, and that means just about every batter is going to get the ball into play. What I've done, is I've loaded my rotation with proto-deadballers, these are guys from the 19th century, before the deadball era. A lot of those guys, they have experience pitching from just 50 feet away, not 60, and that gives them an extra bit of zip on their pitches, I think. At least, it seems to be working. The point is, the Kernels have an unbeatable rotation right now, and I don't see why we have anything to worry about until the post-season."

"What if that's what they want us to think?" The Masked Shortstop swooped in from a catwalk overlooking the raised platform on which CFBalla was giving his remarks. "Forces are moving in the darkness, CFBalla, evil minds work with evil intents. Shadows gather, and the only one who can bring the light is the one who wears a mask to keep his face in darkness."

"I don't know what that means." CFBalla responded. "Are you saying to worry about what's going on in the Tag Team Tournament, because the Crows are looking better than ever, and I have total confidence that the Burnt Doritos are going all the way this time."

Further conversation on that topic was cut short, however, as cbx angrily blustered his way into the room, "CFBalla, you stole that Hardcore Title not only from me, but from America!"

"I did? I mean, I did steal it from you, that's part of the Super-League record, but I don't think I stole it from America. I'm from America, the Kernels are based in America."

"Oh, you stole it from America, because what America needed most out of that Hardcore Title was for its holder to be a true American hero, a good man, who did the good things, not a liar and a thief like you are. How many little American children are going to read about you winning the Hardcore title and say to themselves, 'forget saying my prayers and taking my vitamins, what I really need to do to get ahead is to become a criminal just like CFBalla. I think I'll go into my parents' room and steal some money so I can start a meth lab!' That's right, CFBalla, hundreds of children are going to get their faces blown off in meth labs because you just couldn't help yourself! Why couldn't you think of the children?"

"Hey!" CFBalla took exception to that, "Those kids were getting their faces blown off in meth labs long before I took over the Kernels, and they're going to keep blowing their faces off in meth labs long after the Super-League is over. You can't blame me for that. Am I encouraging kids to lie, cheat and steal? That's a debatable point, but, you know what, so what if I am? Kids are better off learning how important lie and cheating and stealing are when they're young if they want to be competitive in today's world! Our society is built on lying and cheating!"

"For the sake of America, I vow to end your reign of terror on top of the Memento Mori Division."

CFBalla mocked cbx, flapping his hand as if it were cbx's mouth. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're the great whitebread hope. Hey, the Masked Shortstop, want to blow this pop stand and go get some waffles?"

"I am a man who has lived his life in darkness, cutting myself off from human contact, forever alone...but that doesn't mean I don't love waffles!" The Masked Shortstop said, as he and his team's owner went off to get a late breakfast.

GAME NOTES

-Aroldis Chapman is back to being terrible in the Super-League. And the cosmic ballet continues!

-Willie Mays is hitting .500 for the Kernels. If nothing else, CFBalla has shown what you can get out of Mays.

-Hey, George Brett has to start hitting for the Kernels one of these days.

-David Robertson is nobody's friend.

Box Score

Don May posted:

DRAGONS COMPLETE SWEEP OF W'S, WIN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Krakow- The W's went down swinging, after a fashion.

Down by five runs in the top of the ninth, it was have been easy for them to fold, especially since, as far as team's go, the W's are not known for having an especially even keel as far as these things go. But they fought to the end, and Babe Ruth managed a two-run home run to turn it into an 11-8 game, even if, in the end, it wasn't enough, as the Dragons were able to stifle the rally and hold on for the win.

"We have a great deal of respect for the W's." Robert_Deadford said after the game, the Heavyweight title on a table in front of him, "We appreciate the extraordinary tenure the W's have had in this league, and their many accomplishments. Nonetheless, we could not allow them to win this game. We are told that this season, one of the Norris-Smythe Division must surely fall into the Sub-Par League. We are of the opinion that, were we to have the choice, we would see the Rakers pay for their crimes against our person. We have not forgotten the Wicker Man incident, where gingemidget attempted to immolate us in a sacrificial power for good fortune in the finals. We will hold him account to what he has done, in time."

"But we fear that that his Rakers will not fall so easily. Even now, they have advanced out of last place in this division, as their talent is undeniable. It is our hope to defeat the Rakers for the division title, but we do not believe that it is possible to see the Rakers demoted at this time. They are too strong to be defeated so easily. As for the Crows, they too have wronged us, but they too have shown a concerning amount of strength recently. We would like to seem them face the penalty they have for so long avoided, but we understand that our desires may not conform with reality at this time."

"Which leaves us with the inescapable conclusion that to ensure that the Dragons remain in the Super-League, that the W's must fall, and we haven't acted under that belief. We did not wish to be the executioners of such an august team, and we do not take this Heavyweight Championship as a trophy, but almost as a reminder that nothin gold can remain. We look at the W's, and we see they attempted to defeat us with a Steve Carlton, with a Hanley Ramirez, with a Scott Rolen. We see a team long having distanced itself from what the modern Super-League is. We know that that the W's are the past, and a great past it may have been, but they are not the future, and they have no place in that future. We did not dig their grave, they did that themselves. We are merly filling it in. We find no joy in the process, but we must do what we must for the sake of the Dragons, and the proud people of Poland."

Obviously, that didn't sit well with ForeverBWFC, "I hear a lot of talk from a lot of people about burying my team recently. I hear gingemidget talking about ending our rivalry by destroying us, and that's really just business as usual for him, even if it's an aspiration that has always seemed outside his reach. I hear HulkaMatt has found himself some new friends, and the man could use some friends, and no he thinks that he's figured it all out. And now you have King Robert the Deadford telling me that my team is doomed and that he's going fill in my grave, and that the W's are going to take the drop. According to all of them, this is the end of the team of Yoshida, and Bellhorn and Dunn, and that there's nothing I can do to stop that."

ForeverBWFC shook his head, "These men don't have much of a sense of history, do they? Let me educate them. In the spring of 2011, that's over four years ago, the Super-League was first formed. 18 teams were built, the first 18 teams. 17 of those teams are long dead, and most of them forgotten. The San Francisco Clues, the East St. Louis Electrics, the Baltimore Blind Men. Even those that are memorable are more legend than fact. The Blood Sox aren't remembered as a team so much as a representation of the darkness the early league was capable of, and the Unspecs are remember more for the legacy that followed. But they're all gone, all of them. Except for the W's. So while I'm sure that Robert_Deadford has total confidence that he's the man that's going to do what no other owner in Super-League history has ever done, you'll forgive me for being a bit skeptical."

"Of course, if my pitching could keep it together a bit more, it would make me feel a bit better about saying that." ForeverBWFC added, warily, "But I'm sure it will work out the same as always. The W's in the Super-League, and a lot of people regretting that they didn't get behind us."

GAME NOTES

-Pete Rose is more error than man!

-Eri Yoshida might be the best reliever in the W's bullpen at the moment, which is not entirely good news, in that when Yoshida is your ace reliever, the impossible becomes possible, which is not a phrase that augurs well in the later innings.

-The W's version of Babe Ruth hit a home run in the ninth and, come to think of it, probably holds the Super-League record for most home runs hit by a single incarnation of a player.

-Hank Greenberg came a double short of hitting for the cycle, which is pretty good seeing as he is incredibly slow, and yet still managed to hit a triple.

-Al Simmons tried to steal a base, and got caught easily. There's a good reason that the W's are usually among the teams with the least stolen bases every season.

Box Score

Don May posted:

HUMUNGUS RISES, LOSERS BEAT SHEIKHS 4-3 ON KENT GRAND SLAM, MOVE INTO FIRST PLACE

Sindh- The question asked over and over again coming into this season was "What is going on with the Losers?"

Throughout the offseason, there was an ominous lack of communication coming out of Rockford, with no indication that the Losers even still existed. The only statement regarding the team came from oldskool, who vowed that he was bring back Doomsday, the Florida Oranges tag team with the Losers, for the Tag Team Tournament regardless of the situation.

Still, that didn't really explain what had happened to Humungus' team, and when the season began, the Losers appeared, but without their leader, as Humungus was nowhere to be found. Bereft of leadership, the Losers struggled to a 3-3 record after week one, and it appeared that, like many teams put in similar situations, that they would drift into oblivion.

Today's game seemed to support such a conclusion. The Sheikhs, Beet's new team, and one still suffused with growing pains typical of rebuilding efforts, took a 3-0 lead heading into the ninth as the Losers, ready to inflict just a little more misery on the team they had swept out of the playoffs last season. Jack Chesbro was pitching a shutout, and with just three outs to go, it seemed like he would get it.

With the confidence of a man who felt like he already had the game sewn up, Chesbro strolled to the mound, ready to take care of this last bit of business en route to post-game congratulations. True, he was facing the best part of the Losers' lineup, but they hadn't done much to this point, and Chesbro was sure he could beat them one last time. Frank Robinson was up first, and Chesbro smiled. Robinson had gone 0-for-3 to this point, and things were not going to get any better if Chesbro had his way. Suddenly, just as Chesbro was ready to throw the first pitch of the inning, the distant tolling of bells could be heard, and the very ground began to quake. Chesbro, unnerved by this phenomenon, lost his concentration and walked Robinson. Chesbro was frusrated now, but unbeaten. Barry Bonds was next, and Chesbro was determined to make things right.

Before he could, though, a loud, deep scream, seeming to come from the bowels of the Earth itself, reverberated around the stadium. Once again, Chesbro let his concentration slip, and walked Bonds, bringing the tying run to the plate in the form of Frank Thomas. Now Chesbro was furious, and terrified. Something was clearly going on, and he now wanted to end the game not only to get the win, but also to escape whatever approaching catastrophe was coming. Chesbro decided to do what he had to, and prepared the best spitball he could, emptying his salivary glands of as much of their secretions as he could to make sure that the pitch broke just as much as he could manage. It did, and Frank Thomas, trying to compensate, hit a pop out for the first out of the inning.

Chesbro was now back in control, and ready to take back the inning. Eddie Mathews now stood at the plate, and Chesbro had his confidence back. And then peals of lightning struck down from the heavens, striking right in front of the Losers' dugout. It had been a clear night, and the oddity of lightning appeared from literally nowhere was not lost on Chesbro, who, distracted again, walked Eddie Mathews, loading the bases.

Luke Appling was next up, and started to walk from the on-deck circle to the plate when, as he passed by a smoldering patch of grass, super-heated by the lightning strike, a hand emerged from the ground and gripped Appling's ankle. Another hand soon followed, and then the body the hands belonged to began to emerge. The confusion of the onlookers to this unusual turn of events was broken only when the stadium lights glinted off the metal mask of the man, and then they all knew.

Humungus had returned.

The Losers' owner first order of business was to send Appling back to the bench, and instead call for Jeff Kent as a pinch-hitter. Chesbro, now completely baffled, and more than a bit concerned to see the legendarily violent Humungus returned, did not walk Kent. Unfortunately, in trying to keep the ball in the strikezone, he did allow a towering grand slam home run that gave the Losers a 4-3 lead, and that proved to be the final margin, as the Losers emerged the shock winners.

After the game, Humungus was asked where he had been, "Revenant_Threshold, CFBalla, and Zodiac5000. I know that you have all colluded against me. You attempted to bury me deep within the Earth so that I would not continue to savage your teams. I do not blame you for that. Given the chance, I will destroy all of you. It is only natural that you wish to see me destroyed. I do not blame you for that. But you have failed. I escaped the prison you had built for me, and I have returned to lead my Losers to glory, and now you will pay, not for your attack, but because you disrespected the Humungus by not taking adequate precautions in ensuring that I was dead."

"I have been told that my vassal, ToiletofSadness, is gone now. That you three are responsible for his demist. I am to understand that you all believed that if you could imprison me, then by destroying ToiletofSadness, or link would mean that I had perished as well." Humungus shook his head, dislodging some clumps of earth he had acquired digging back to the surface, "But you misunderstood our link. He is gone, but I remain. There must be accounting, though, for what you have done. Revenant_Threshold, CFBalla, Zodiac5000, I encourage you to make peace with your makers, because you will be with them again soon enough."

Humungus was then asked if he had any response to the many insults and remarks that Armitage had made about him during the offseason. "I am sorry, what is this Armitage? Is this some manner of owner? I have heard of no such man. He holds no interest to me."

GAME NOTES

-The Sheikhs' offense, by and large, is working out a few kinks. Well, more than a few. A lot. They have a lot of kinks to work out.

-Beet's trust in his deadball starter almost worked out, and he would have had the win but for one bad inning for Chesbro.

-On the other hand, Chesbro did give up eight walks, and, even ignoring the three in the ninth, that's five other walks in eight innings, which is a lot, even if the Losers do have a fair number of players willing to take walks.

-The Losers got perfect pinch-hitting, as the three pinch-hitters called on went a combined 3-for-3.

Box Score

Don May posted:

KOZMIC SPACE FISH DEFEAT COMMUNISM 15-13!

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Out- Did either team want to win this game?

It's a question worth asking given that both teams' pitching appeared to have little interest in actually getting hitters out, and the two defenses combined for six errors.

Even in the waning moments of the game, it was a serious question of whether the Space Fish could muster up enough effort to save a five-run lead. Starting out the ninth up 15-10, Pascual Perez got two quick outs, and then spontaneously forgot exactly how pitching works, allowing three straight hits, and one run to score. FairGame lifted him for Joe Nathan, who gave up another hit. And then, when he somehow induced a ground ball right in front of the catcher, watched as Jimmie Foxx, who is, to put it politely, not possessed of the defensive grace of a top-flight backstop, attempted to stop the ball by diving at it, which was not a terrible idea in the most abstract reckoning, but proved less-than-ideal when Foxx's dive missed the ball, which rolled away from him, allowing another run to score and another runner to reach base. Nathan, now out of ideas, walked the bases loaded, and it looked like, incredibly, the Space Fish might just blow a five-run lead with two outs in the ninth inning.

But then it was time for Llama, the Director-General of CSKA, to make his own terrible mistake. Rod Carew was scheduled to bat next, and as a high-contact left-hander with impeccable contact skills going against the right-handed Joe Nathan, it was almost impossible to think of a circumstance where Carew would not at least put the ball into ball. And with the runners going on two outs, essentially any base hit would at least tie the game. Llama evidently felt differently, and sent in Duke Snider as a pinch-hitter. The Duke did not have impeccable contact skills and Nathan retired him to end the game and save the Space Fish's win.

"As the Ombudsman of the Super-League, I would first like to complain about the deplorable conditions in the Sub-Par League." FairGame said after the game, "The Sub-Par League is little better then a combination of a third-rate zoo and an abbotoir. The teams are treated as so much meat to be trotted out for the amusement of others until they are unceremoniously slaughtered. It is immoral, it is wrong, and I call upon Smasher Dynamo to reform the Sub-Par League immediately."

"Now that I have returned to the Super-League, after my unjust demotion, I would first like to say that a team like CSKA has no place in the Super-League. As a first matter, they are not a very good team, and have no place in the SUper-League, which houses only the finest teams, such as the Kernels, and the Rakers, and the Space Fish. Second, I believe that they make light of the horrors of Communism. Millions of people suffered and died under the cruel yoke of Marxist-Leninst thought, and CSKA makes light of that suffering with its very existence. Llama should be punished for this insult to their suffering, and his draft picks withheld."

"More importantly, though, I believe that the biggest obstacle to the Super-League's health, besides, of course, the unsteady and destructure leadership of Smasher Dynamo, is the presence of the Chicago Southpaws. Never before have, the Ombudsman of the Super-League, seen a team that has hurt the culture of this league more than the Southpaws. Their owner, Pander, has embraced abrasiveness as part of his core character, and that has poisoned his entire division. Look at mentholmoose, who wanted to quit rather that spend another season locked in the Senor Goodtimes Division with that man. They have turned stadium construction in a perverse game of oneupsmanship, which resulted in the horrors of the Symphony stadium last season, and they have managed to win a division title with Ken Oberkfell in their starting lineup, which has convinced naive young owners that you can get away with that sort of slipshod roster construction. It's hard to say what parts of the league haven't been made worse by the presence of the Southpaws."

"In light of the wide-ranging depradations of Pander, I have no choice but, in my official capacity of Ombudsman of the Super-League, officially petition Smasher Dynamo to expel Pander from the league and to offer his roster up to a Super-Auction. I know that, historically speaking, the only precedent for this course of action was the sad case of Brooklyn Bruiser, and while many may think it extreme of me to lump in Pander with Bruiser, when you look at what Pander has done, I think that Smasher must take a firm hand with Pander and send him away from our league before he does any more damage. Men like Pander cannot be reasoned with. They are rotten to the core, and have no problem destroying institutions like the Super-League for their own personal benefit. Smasher Dynamo, for once in your life, I beg you to do the right thing, and to remove Pander from the Super-League before he destroys it."

GAME NOTES

-Jimmie Foxx is only a catcher in an absolutely theoretical sense of the word. Much like how Dane Cook could be an astronaut if you strapped him to a rocket and shot him into space. You could do that, and if Cook survived, he would be, in a sense of the word, an astronaut.

-Sid Gordon status: He's fine.

-CSKA drew nine walks on the day as Whitey Ford, who gave up a surprisingly high number of walks in his Week 1 No-Hitter, gave up seven more today, and likely would have lost his team the game based on that performance, had CSKA's pitching not completely melted down.

-How the hell do you pinch-hit for Rod Carew in that spot? You're down two runs, so it doesn't make sense to try and outright win the game there! You need to make sure that you at least get another chance in extra innings! Carew against a left-handed pitcher is as close as a lock as exists for getting a base hit in that situaton, and that's what you want. A walk doesn't tie the game. Asking for a home run, or even a double, is the wrong thing to ask for. You want a guy to get any base hit, and Carew is the guy to do that! Does Duke Snider have more power? Yeah, but Carew wouldn't have struck out there! Come on!

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Communism has failed us!

Analysis

Some things defy explanantion.

Analysis

90% of this team's problems as Kernel-related.

Analysis

Why is it that only your hitting or pitching, but not both, can be working at the same time?

Analysis

Better. The fundamentals of this team are still sound.

Analysis

This team is a constant.

Analysis

Fingers bad!

Analysis

It could be worse. It's not like your best pitcher has said he doesn't want to pitch in the post-season.

Analysis

The Doom hit, and they will always hit.

Analysis

Still in first place.

Analysis

As always, it feels like this time is kind of held together by duct tape and prayer.

Analysis

Next week is going to be a challenge.

Analysis

I'm not sure if that record is an illusion or not. I guess we'll see.

Analysis

The Kernels cannot lose.

Analysis

Still too early to say anything.

Analysis

Poor Bombers, they are accursed!

Analysis

The Rakers are righting themselves much earlier than usual.

Analysis

I guess it's possible that this team might be okay.

Analysis

This team cannot die.

Analysis

Whatever happened to CthulhuDreams?

Analysis

This team needs to hit at some point.

Analysis

Not a great start, but good enough.

Analysis

DO BETTER!

Analysis

If this team starts to hit, it would solve most of its problems.

Standings

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Please set starting on short rest to -5. I would like the Doc to pitch against the Ruskies. Thank you.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

gently caress everything.

DL Collins, call up Sabes, and go with a 7-man pen. Sabes can take the additional MR spot.

New lineup vs. RHP:

code:
CF - Hamilton
DH - McGraw
LF - Bonds
RF - Ramirez
1B - Olerud
C  - Torre (Berra catches for Maddux)
SS - Vaughan
2B - Carew
3B - Santo
Lineup vs. LHP:

code:
SS - Vaughan
LF - Bonds
RF - Musial
DH - Ramirez
C - Torre (Berra catches for Maddux)
3B - Santo
1B - Olerud
2B - Carew
CF - Davis

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League Week 2 Injury Report

Antigua Unspecifieds
Brian Downing (C) (Not an ideal development) - 31 days
Rickey Henderson (LF) (Same) - Out For Season

Houston Hol Horses
Eddie Collins (2B) (Sad) - 11 days

Mother Base Diamond Dogs
Willie Mays (CF) (Solidarity) - 27 days

South Shore Gumshoes
Wade Boggs (3B) (Spring Break) - 19 days
Fumihiko Suzuki (SP) (Just piling on) - 65 days

Stoned Lightning
Doug Rader (3B) (Got too rad) - 27 days

The Gay Agenda
Buddy Myer (SS) (Injured in gay takeover of White House) - 21 days

Wasteland Vault Boys
John McGraw (3B) (Inevitability) - 13 days
Hughie Jennings (SS) (Wanted to improve team defense) - 47 days

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Ice To Meet You posted:

Mother Base Diamond Dogs
Willie Mays (CF) (Solidarity) - 27 days

:shepface: :suicide:

Move Flick to CF, Frank Robinson to RF, marvel at what a mess we made when it all went wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Smasher please yell at my team and tell them to start hitting the ball, thanks...

Also due to upcoming series playing at the Leftorium this week I have to make a slightly funky lineup vs LHP:

Lineup Vs LHP:

1. Eddie Collins 2B
2. Joe Jackson LF
3. Big Oh! RF
4. Albert Pujols 1B
5. Cristobal Torriente CF
6. Joe Mauer C
7. Ernie Banks SS
8. Roger Connor DH
9. Eddie Mathews 3B

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Ice To Meet You posted:

Antigua Unspecifieds
Brian Downing (C) (Not an ideal development) - 31 days
Rickey Henderson (LF) (Same) - Out For Season

Call up Parrish, send down Downing, put Parrish in Downing's place in all lineups

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Gibson :staredog:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Early season stats are so weird. Not going to do any roster fuckery yet. But I don't want the AI figuring out what to do in a week where Halladay is too injured to make 2 starts, so...

Halladay to minors for this week only; Palmer takes his spot in the rotation.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pedro didn't pitch this week. I'm blaming the Dragons.

That's low, Milt Thompson. Very low.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Oh well great. I can 't even write the moves necessary urgh... put Carlos Guillen in at SS and Connor at DH

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
:siren: Moose-icide by SuperChallenge - A Battle For SuperLeague Moose Supremacy :siren:

Ladies and gentlemen, the SuperLeague has a problem: too many mooses. We're simply awash in mooses, and as our Canadian friend DannoMack can attest, that's not a thing you want to be. At the very least, we need to impose a pecking order on the mooses, in order that we can identify them and therefore keep the moose population under control. And, of course, there is only one way to do such a thing in the SuperLeague: a SuperChallenge.

"But only one moose has a team," you say. Well, my friends, just read on.

Contestants: Mentholmoose vs Mooseontheloose

Stakes: This SuperChallenge will be for the title of SuperLeague's Best Moose, along with any other wagers the participants may wish to make.

Venue: Mornacale's copy of Baseball Mogul 2013

Entry Rules
1) The contestants will construct a 25-man roster subject to the following stipulations:
1.1) Any season of any player with a valid lahman entry may be used. (No custom players, Negro leaguers, etc.)
1.2) No more than one copy of any player on a team is allowed.
1.3) Your roster must include at least one member from every decade between 1880 and 2015, inclusive (e.g. 1880s, 1890s, each decade of the 1900s, 2000s, 2010s).
1.4) Your roster may include no more than two players from any decade.

2) The contestants will submit their teams by the end of Sunday, 13 Sept. A submission includes:
2.1) A valid CSV, ordered by year. CSV errors and bugged out players will not be fixed.
2.2) Lineups vs LHP and RHP, with DH.
2.3) The layout of your pitching staff.
2.4) Stadium settings
2.5) Slider settings
2.6) Any lineup or pitching changes you wish to make between the Regular Season and the Challenge Series.
2.7) An MLB team from 1901-2010, inclusive, to be placed in the sim with you. (First come first served.)

3) Stadium design is unlimited. You may use the Mogul stadium editor or directly set the stadium effects, or whatever you can dream up.

4) Teams can be submitted in the thread, or at mornacale@mornacale.com. If your opponent submits in the thread, I ask that you do not look at their team until submitting your own.

The Contest
1) I will create a league using the BBM13 League Builder that includes both of your teams, as well as the partner teams you volunteered.

2) Regular Season: I will simulate 1000 162-game seasons of this league. Home field in the Challenge Series will be decided by the combined average winning percentage of you and your partner team.
2.1) In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be the team with the better record disregarding your partners. If that is tied, the team with the most MVPs/Cy Youngs. If that is tied, I'll flip a coin.

3) Challenge Series: I will run a 9-game championship series between your teams. The winner will win the SuperChallenge.

4) The DH will be used.

5) Injuries will be turned off.

6) The simulation environment will otherwise mimic the SuperLeague in every way.

Moose and Moose, do you accept the challenge?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

But I was just about to change my name to have MOOSE in it.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Mornacale posted:

Well, I'm obviously going to accept.

Pending, of course, the prize for winning is something more than just being declared the Best Moose. I'll have to evaluate what works for me in the coming days.

The question I've got, regarding 2.7, can I establish a roster for that MLB team as well?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mornacale posted:

I am down, I will just need to see someone's excel spreadsheet for how do to the correct CSV.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am down, I will just need to see someone's excel spreadsheet for how do to the correct CSV.

lahmanID,year

where lahman id is the first 5 letters of the players last name, the first two letters of their first name, and a two-digit ID number. It also happens to be in the URL if you search for a player on SL- or B-Ref.

Here's a link to my spreadsheet if you want to see it in action.

mentholmoose posted:

Well, I'm obviously going to accept.

Pending, of course, the prize for winning is something more than just being declared the Best Moose. I'll have to evaluate what works for me in the coming days.

The question I've got, regarding 2.7, can I establish a roster for that MLB team as well?

No, it's just filler because I need at least 4 teams in the league, I'm going to select whatever team you pick on the League Builder and then not touch it in any way.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pick em: Champs retain

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

I am pretty sure that Jud Wilson is supposed to be a left-handed batter. Otherwise, full steam ahead.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Mornacale posted:

No, it's just filler because I need at least 4 teams in the league, I'm going to select whatever team you pick on the League Builder and then not touch it in any way.

What you should do is require two rosters per person, and not allow any duplicate players amongst the two.

e: Should have done, I don't think I've got the time to do the same thing twice.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Forzelt posted:

I am pretty sure that Jud Wilson is supposed to be a left-handed batter. Otherwise, full steam ahead.

This is the version of Jud Wilson from the timeline where you irritated me so much that I went back in time and found Jud WIlson when he was a kid and crippled his left arm so that he'd be forced to bat righty. Of course, since he was a natural lefty, this meant that, in that iteration of reality, this version of Jud WIlson isn't as good as he is in the unaltered timeline.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

This is the version of Jud Wilson from the timeline where you irritated me so much that I went back in time and found Jud WIlson when he was a kid and crippled his left arm so that he'd be forced to bat righty. Of course, since he was a natural lefty, this meant that, in that iteration of reality, this version of Jud WIlson isn't as good as he is in the unaltered timeline.

That is unfortunate. Is there any device that can transport him back to the unaltered timeline?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Forzelt posted:

That is unfortunate. Is there any device that can transport him back to the unaltered timeline?

Yes but we're using it to instead make some really freaky historical porn.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Forzelt posted:

If I were you, I'd ask me to transport you to a timeline where the Dinos weren't in last place.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

HulkaMatt posted:

Pedro didn't pitch this week. I'm blaming the Dragons.

That's low, Milt Thompson. Very low.

What? You know what they say, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Turnabout is fair play, and all that jazz.

I'm enjoying the fact that Joe Torre has hit 6 homers in 12 games. Astonishing! I'm not enjoying the fact that young Gehringer is stinking the place up and that Heinie Manush doesn't appear to be in my minors list. Shite!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
This is Charlie Jamieson's year.

Possibly it is not the year of any of my pitchers.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League XVII, Week 3 Injury Report

CSKA
The People's Left Hander (SP) (Capitalist Intrigue!) - 17 days

Pick 'em: Labor Day Special!

Kobe Crows @ Ry'leh Cultists (c) (4-Game Series)

Canadian Championship
RCMP (c) @ Sindhi Sheikhs

Larkin-Downing and Hardcore Championships
Detroit Wolverines @ Mitchell Kernels (c)

UNIFICATION MATCH! Cruiserweight and Television and Heavyweight
Southpaws unify vs. both retain vs. Dragons unify

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Oh no, that's not going to help the CSKA at all!

Pick'Em: All retain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Pick 'em: Labor Day Special!

Kobe Crows @ Ry'leh Cultists (c) (4-Game Series)

Canadian Championship
RCMP (c) @ Sindhi Sheikhs

Larkin-Downing and Hardcore Championships
Detroit Wolverines @ Mitchell Kernels (c)

UNIFICATION MATCH! Cruiserweight and Television and Heavyweight
Southpaws unify vs. both retain vs. Dragons unify

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Pick'em
Champs retain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Pickem Champs retain!