Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I usually give on rerolls when I get 2 of what I want cause close enough. Even I don't have but so many points and I've put a lot of ranked time in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Why can't we just have Callie vs Marie?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Why can't we just have Callie vs Marie?

I kinda hope they're waiting to roll that out as a big event. Maybe like a New Year's thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I kinda hope they're waiting to roll that out as a big event. Maybe like a New Year's thing.

I figure they're saving that for the Final Splatfest when they finally put the game to bed.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I've been struggling to get out of B ranked hell for weeks, and today I finally reached B+. Can't wait for the loss streak :negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I don't know what games people are playing where the bottom of the roster isn't haunted by aerosprays, carbon rollers, splatershot jrs etc, all struggling to score more tham a couple hundred points.

I rarely score under 1000 points with the aerospray, it just shoots so much goddamn ink it's impossible not to get super high scores. For me at least.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I rarely score under 1000 points with the aerospray, it just shoots so much goddamn ink it's impossible not to get super high scores. For me at least.

I use it when I want to quickly level up new gear slots, and they're almost always 1000 point games win or lose.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah, that was my point. These are incredible weapons capable of spreading a lot of ink, and people still manage to gently caress it up.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I just thought that there'd be an enormous pooling of one candidate over another, and the devs would need to animate, script and roll out Callie/Marie balling her eyes out because she's the unpopular one.

Then she'd cut off all of her hair in apology to her fans and dehumanise herself on television to preserve(?) the brand Wait, wrong depressing idol scenario.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

I just thought that there'd be an enormous pooling of one candidate over another, and the devs would need to animate, script and roll out Callie/Marie balling her eyes out because she's the unpopular one.

Then she'd cut off all of her hair in apology to her fans and dehumanise herself on television to preserve(?) the brand Wait, wrong depressing idol scenario.

Whomever loses gets replaced by an octoling.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Why not replace both?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Why not replace both?

For maximum awkwardness.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

What people usually do now for rolls is to back up their save (which is pretty ridiculous, as it includes the game data including updates, on an encrypted drive or something that can only be used on that WiiU) right before it gets up and then level up on a map so you're just dealing with 1 instead of 3 consecutive. There's also some chance (tied to level?) that Spyke will charge you more and it'll keep the abilities on the gear you order, so you can try to befriend or whatever somebody that has gear like that. You can reorder gear you already have to redo the leveling thing, too. It's all super unfresh.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

For those who are wondering about all the close ranged weapons I swear you must be talking about turf war IE: scrub mode. Ranked is a different beast, the short ranged weapons like that are used by sneaky mother fuckers who know their role and do just file unless the map/mode setup really unfavors them dramatically. I had some smart assed carbon rollers this morning having their moments splatting 2-3 people in rainmaker for every 2 time they just ate it and got splatted.

Be S rank or STFU really.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

I drew this today instead of splatting squids, I think some of you might appreciate it:

Also lol I was watching a gameplay video and I instinctively looked down at my keyboard expecting the map to be there.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Someone in my plaza was saying the next splatfest is limes vs lemons. I hope it's true.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Trent posted:

Someone in my plaza was saying the next splatfest is limes vs lemons. I hope it's true.

It's secretly sponsored by Sprite. At the end everyone will get 24 seashells.

Carrie: "With the great taste of Limon, we're all winners!"
Marie: "Look, we gotta get paid."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DalaranJ posted:

It's secretly sponsored by Sprite. At the end everyone will get 24 seashells.

Carrie: "With the great taste of Limon, we're all winners!"
Marie: "Look, we gotta get paid."

I'm imagining a Colbert style sarcastic commercial for Squid Lite Lime. " It's terrible, but they're paying me to drink it on screen"

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

For those who are wondering about all the close ranged weapons I swear you must be talking about turf war IE: scrub mode. Ranked is a different beast, the short ranged weapons like that are used by sneaky mother fuckers who know their role and do just file unless the map/mode setup really unfavors them dramatically. I had some smart assed carbon rollers this morning having their moments splatting 2-3 people in rainmaker for every 2 time they just ate it and got splatted.

Be S rank or STFU really.

people in ranked modes are exactly as stupid as people in turf war, if not moreso. "yes thank you for inking the enemy's spawn point, maybe now you'd like to come over and get them off the tower?"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Smiles posted:

I drew this today instead of splatting squids, I think some of you might appreciate it:

Also lol I was watching a gameplay video and I instinctively looked down at my keyboard expecting the map to be there.

Exactly how I feel about chargers. Either they're brain dead wastes of space (your team) or rear end in a top hat with precise aim that lockdown huge chunks of the map with nothing you can do about it (other team).

Ban sniper rifles from all games.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Smiles posted:

This is good and you are fresh af.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I never thought my next favorite multiplayer shooter would be on a Nintendo console, the only thing I can do without is how you have to roll for the sub skills you want.

This game takes a sharp turn in difficulty once you reach A rank. I'm almost scared to see what S rank is like.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
I love Rainmaker so much but goddamn I'm stuck in B rank hell because few seem interested in taking out the actual person holding the darn thing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Night Blade posted:

I never thought my next favorite multiplayer shooter would be on a Nintendo console, the only thing I can do without is how you have to roll for the sub skills you want.

This game takes a sharp turn in difficulty once you reach A rank. I'm almost scared to see what S rank is like.

I've been in A+ for the past week or so and it is truly refreshing how much better the teamwork generally is St this rank, even compared to A, but especially A-/B+.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thank you, random roller teammate who saw me get hit with a less than lethel shot and ran over and splashed ink on me. That was sweet of you.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Thank you, random roller teammate who saw me get hit with a less than lethel shot and ran over and splashed ink on me. That was sweet of you.

I've actually found myself shooting a teammate's feet a couple times when I can't otherwise assist them. No idea if they noticed or cared, but it felt useful.

Smiles posted:

This is awesome!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hitting yourself in the head with your charger should be the losing animation.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wait, what? Does that heal people?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ElegantFugue posted:

Wait, what? Does that heal people?

No, it didn't have any effect. Just someone coming to my aid the best they could.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I figured it'd stop you from taking damage and showing up on opposing minimaps once you're out of bad ink. Also maybe help you get away if needed.

Probably not worth doing, in any case.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alright, next Sunday, from 6-8pm CST, I would like to get some goons together for some Turf Wars. If you're interested, let me know and we'll make sure we all have each other's NNIDs. I'm hoping to make this a weekly thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Boke-tsukkomi!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
They're a natural manzai team.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Marie looks like she wants to kill.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 7, 2015

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Callie in that image reminds me of Fiesta Cat.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcKicUYVek

Just replace the sprites with Marie and Callie Nintendo, you can put it as a minigame on the Marie and Callie amiibos or something~

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Day two of learning how to charger. (Thanks Trasson for the awesome post.)

I come first on a team with three rollers.

#turfwar

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

pokeyman posted:

Day two of learning how to charger. (Thanks Trasson for the awesome post.)

I come first on a team with three rollers.

#turfwar

Nice! I tried using the Bamboozler recently because it seemed like I was okay at doing the two-shot trick in training and I liked the fast charge, but it seemed like I was really bad actually using it (actually pretty good with Turf coverage but bad at Splats). What Charger are you using to learn chargers, pokeyman?

For that matter, what would people recommend if you want to learn all kinds of weapons?

Typically I use shooters, but to learn Rollers I've been trying to use the Carbon Roller and for Chargers I typically try the Squiffers. My issue with the Carbon Roller has been I never seem to get a one-hit splat with it, but it seems like good Rollers have mastered the "jump-splash that outranges shooters for one hit splat" trick. For Chargers I think my issue is just needing aim better and faster.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

CatsPajamas posted:

What Charger are you using to learn chargers, pokeyman?

Splat Charger, just like Trasson prescribed.

quote:

For that matter, what would people recommend if you want to learn all kinds of weapons?

I'm sure you'll get many different answers. I suggest:

Krak-on Roller
Dual Squelcher
Luna Blaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Jesus why does literally 80% of matches end up 4 vs 3? This is unplayable.

• Locked thread