Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Skeezy posted:

I think Shivs are only usable when in Fury Mode. It's a quick kill option or whatever.

At least that's how I think it's done. Seems like it when I do it.

They're definitely usable outside of Fury Mode. You just have to get the dudes stunned and dazed first.

Also, there's a really good skill you unlock eventually that lets you parry and then shiv the knife guys. It's really useful in bigger fights because if you let one of those slashy shiv guys charge at you and you parry him, you can instantly remove him from the battle without wasting one of your own shivs.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Or the skills that allow you to basically smack someone up against a wall and shiv them there. As much as I hate them for making the underbelly an unmapped maze, I like how every thing max learns is not a button combo you need to memorize. It's usually just a prompt you work up to and then kill your enemies.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
So I'm very early on in the game and I just captured my first convoy truck with a hood ornament on it? How do I get the ornament? I pulled the driver out with my harpoon... and am driving it what now?

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
You have to wreck it and pick it up from the remains, you'll see it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
THREAD TITLE: Max Max - I had a game based on a mo- LOOK! A MIGHTY DUSTER!

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
There really needs to be a patch which makes the different gangs/tribes chase and fight each other too. At the moment that stuff only happens off-screen, and it feels rather disappointing to see them totally ignore each other and just go after Max all the time.

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

Love finding creative ways to use lighting for shots.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I just noticed bad guys become terrified of you after awhile. They'll burn off away from you and their buddies will floor it in the opposite direction and leave them to die.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I just noticed bad guys become terrified of you after awhile. They'll burn off away from you and their buddies will floor it in the opposite direction and leave them to die.

I've noticed Chum also commented to the tune of (paraphrased) "Praise be! We're feared!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I've noticed this too. Get a pair of pursuit vehicles come by (Chumbucket: :byodood: "A WARPARTY ON THE HORIZON!") and bring one down to 25% health and that dude will haul rear end to get away from you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Mad Max: AIRMOBILE!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Hey the music is pretty good, you just don't hear it much because the car is so loud

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Is it me, or does the AI cheat when driving convoy vehicles? In the mission where you have to hijack the convoy vehicle for Jeet, I swear that thing isn't nearly as fast/handles as well as when the AI is tearing through those circuits with it.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Some of the minor bugs in this game are really starting to kick in once you go for 100% completion.

I've spent the last 30 mins trying to find the final mine at the Gastown / The Dump minefield. Dog just randomly keeps changing direction, spotting nothing. gently caress sake; PC version btw.

Edit : Or the dude that wants to see Chumbucket....but won't detect it even when he's right in front of him.

midge fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 7, 2015

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I'm becoming the grim reaper for the poor thirsty wanderers.
Two got run over by a marauding buzzard during the cut scene and another was shot by a sniper as he happened be in the line of fire.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Rabhadh posted:

Hey the music is pretty good, you just don't hear it much because the car is so loud

So what you're saying is that one of the options for the side flames needs to be a flame spitting double bass guitar for Chum?

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Is it me, or does the AI cheat when driving convoy vehicles? In the mission where you have to hijack the convoy vehicle for Jeet, I swear that thing isn't nearly as fast/handles as well as when the AI is tearing through those circuits with it.

There is a significant amount of the standard racing game AI cheating, in addition to the health levels of armored enemies only existing when they're enemies and not so much when you're driving. It can be pretty annoying.

edit: I also really dislike that a) you cannot fast travel with the Chum Buggy and b) the fact that it is inexplicably like two thirds the way down the list of alternate vehicles, despite being the only one that serves a purpose other than looking weird.

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 7, 2015

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Never not be in the magnum opus.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

captain innocuous posted:

Never not be in the magnum opus.

Gotta find all the minefields in that one region as part of unlocking fancier spiked rims.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Welp, I guess some of the achievements are bugged. Swear I've done every crow track once but it won't ping up, yet I've found all but one of the pieces of history and yet I got that?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Johnny Digital posted:

I think this is a MIGHTY DUSTER that somehow isn't visible. I had a disconcerting moment today after I'd killed about six war boys, as I was looking in a side room there was a music sting and thinking some more guys had shown up I ran back out. Instead there was a huge pile of body parts and blood splatter, and just as I was lining Max up for some serial killer screenshots I was picked up and pinwheeled off a cliff :(

Even the bugs are :perfect:

Oh hey, I think that explains how I got thrown off the roof in that Top Dog fight with the guy who gives the chrome paint. Got stuck outside the arena because there is an invisible wall covering the flames but I could die and checkpoint in to the fight.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I also saw a duster show up and flicker in and out in jeet's stronghold. Not sure if that was intended or not, but a couple of chairs got thrown around.

Sometimes the audio is half-muted, and sometimes my cursor is still visible in the game, but a quick pop into the map and out fixes those.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Songbearer posted:

THREAD TITLE: Max Max - I had a game based on a mo- LOOK! A MIGHTY DUSTER!

I guess I'm retarded but it took me probably 10 or 12 hours before I even realized what Chum was talking about. I initially assumed he was heralding a storm--but of course no storm would occur. Then I thought he was talking about...something else? Somehow I'd always manage to miss the dust devil that he was trying to point out.

Rockstar Round #4

LP7XC5KC8XKX
54KNRF24PR4P
627JKPFLMT8W
C77MFXMFXN64
2RM8LVMWNH9X

Johnny Digital posted:

I think this is a MIGHTY DUSTER that somehow isn't visible. I had a disconcerting moment today after I'd killed about six war boys, as I was looking in a side room there was a music sting and thinking some more guys had shown up I ran back out. Instead there was a huge pile of body parts and blood splatter, and just as I was lining Max up for some serial killer screenshots I was picked up and pinwheeled off a cliff :(

Even the bugs are :perfect:

Last night I cleared out a camp only to get attacked by (what sounded like) an invisible Buzzard, who I promptly fled from only to get picked up and thrown by an invisible dust devil.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 7, 2015

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Crabtree posted:

Welp, I guess some of the achievements are bugged. Swear I've done every crow track once but it won't ping up, yet I've found all but one of the pieces of history and yet I got that?

Yeah. I'm finding an awful lot of problems trying to 100% this. I'm going to walk away and play MGS:V until it gets a patch.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I guess I'm retarded but it took me probably 10 or 12 hours before I even realized what Chum was talking about. I initially assumed he was heralding a storm--but of course no storm would occur. Then I thought he was talking about...something else? Somehow I'd always manage to miss the dust devil that he was trying to point out.

Last night I cleared out a camp only to get attacked by (what sounded like) an invisible Buzzard, who I promptly fled from only to get picked up and thrown by an invisible dust devil.

Yeah, you don't find dust devils. Chum finds dust devils.

Dust devils find you. And they bring joy and delight wherever they go.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

One of the first enemies I downed got stuck in the on-ground-kicked-in-face finisher animation, with sounds. Trying to get up and being smacked down by an invisible force, endlessly. THWACK. THWACK. Combat is loving brutal.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SplitSoul posted:

One of the first enemies I downed got stuck in the on-ground-kicked-in-face finisher animation, with sounds. Trying to get up and being smacked down by an invisible force, endlessly. THWACK. THWACK. Combat is loving brutal.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

The OP lies. The game doesn't have linux support, even though the developer promised it would. :(

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Oh, I hadn't realized they canned that too. Took it down from the OP. They had, at one point, planned to release this on the XBOX360 and PS3 as well. :shrug:

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I actually bought the game today, not realizing that they didn't come through with Linux support. I guess it's time to jury rig a virtual machine or something.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Wamdoodle posted:

I've noticed Chum also commented to the tune of (paraphrased) "Praise be! We're feared!"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hot tip for you guys, don't ever activate the fuel can animation when the magnum opus is backed up with the left rear against a rock because it will push you into the rock and trap you. Of course this occurred during a storm while I was attempting to break open a box, but was too near the car. Had to ride out the storm in my impenetrable rock fortress, but I amused myself by jumping into the invisible rock wall where pieces of flying debris got stuck and would get smashed backward by its potential energy I guess.

Are the lightning storms supposed to be instant fatality if you're out in the open or did I just get really unlucky with debris sandwiching me into my door while exiting the car and getting instagibbed?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MrWillsauce posted:

I actually bought the game today, not realizing that they didn't come through with Linux support. I guess it's time to jury rig a virtual machine or something.

To play games? Format a partition and install Windows, dude. Virtulisation doesn't lend itself well to gaming, or there are distros that try and emulate parts of Windows. Windows is cheap and if you like games.. stop faffing around and just put a Windows partition somewhere and boot into it natively. Then also connect your xbox controller you've basically just made a far more capable xbox.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Where's the goddamned sulfuric vent in the Ashes to Ashes mission?

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Where's the goddamned sulfuric vent in the Ashes to Ashes mission?

Way to the west.

The sweet fx is pretty good, but I don't like how green it turns some of the lighting. Everything being vibrant takes away from how vibrant the explosions can be as well. It can be nice at times though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Asproigerosis posted:

Are the lightning storms supposed to be instant fatality if you're out in the open or did I just get really unlucky with debris sandwiching me into my door while exiting the car and getting instagibbed?

Bad luck, probably. I had to ditch a car in one last night and I sprinted across the great wide nothingness, periodically getting domed by flying debris but ultimately surviving once I hid against a rock wall that blocked out the winds.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Rockstar Round #4

LP7XC5KC8XKX
54KNRF24PR4P
627JKPFLMT8W
C77MFXMFXN64
2RM8LVMWNH9X

What do these codes do? How do I redeem one?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
This loving game.

Anyone that dislikes it is a sad, broken human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So Chumbucket is the greatest marksman in the history of gaming right? He can hit a target pixel perfectly while you and it are both going 100 mph in opposite directions.

• Locked thread