Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLbbeTcuh4

Here's all the cars, upgrades, design options in the game etc.

Um, all the SS cars in Chevy have no SS emblems? Time for a shitstorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BMB5150 posted:

Why I asked if we keep our prizes since I did that too. Unfortunately gently caress your dreams you aren't getting a veyron to start.

Also I haven't done any forza online stuff but a ton of gran turismo online which I was near the top every race it seems. I think I can do well to start and improve.

Oh well, according to the Forza Hub I'm going to unlock a metric shitton of stuff anyways.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Veyron sucks poo poo to actually use in races anyway, you lose nothing by not having one.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

FAILURE posted:

So the new Ford GT's mileage hasn't improved over the last iteration.

:boom:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Cubey posted:

The Veyron sucks poo poo to actually use in races anyway, you lose nothing by not having one.

cars like the veyron almost always translate to people thinking "high stats = automatic win" which seems to usually be true

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

went a little sideways in the dirt and flipped my car several times. seems like it's easier to do in 6 than 5, which is going to be great for multiplayer

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

went a little sideways in the dirt and flipped my car several times. seems like it's easier to do in 6 than 5, which is going to be great for multiplayer

I hope your car had a roll bar, you loving idiot

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLbbeTcuh4

Here's all the cars, upgrades, design options in the game etc.

Um, all the SS cars in Chevy have no SS emblems? Time for a shitstorm
Sorting cars by manufacturer, hooray!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Whats with theemblems? It cant seriously be nazi-related. Thats like an "onion" article.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 4, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I never knew how badly I wanted puddles in a racing game before now.

Oddly I did a track day yesterday in the pouring rain and it was a ton of fun. Except for puddles. Those aren't fun at 120.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
Do I need Xbox Live Gold to get the demo? When does the demo end?

I am really looking forward to this game because it looks like they addressed my biggest problem I had with 5 which was the car list.

Night time racing will be cool too.

Also I got my Xbox out in anticipation and found a copy of FH2 that I had forgotten so I am playing that too and its a fun game

edit: It appears I do not need Gold to get the demo. Finished all the updates and I seem to be downloading it now

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 5, 2015

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I finally got a chance to play with the demo, and I'd certainly agree with the opinion that the physical effects of the water (not to mention the visuals) are really well done. Also, watching the drivatars hydroplane into things because they don't know to avoid the puddles is hilarious.

I'm also really liking the new tire physics for loss of grip. In Forza 5, the tires went from "plenty of grip" to "zero grip, there's the wall" with not a lot of transition in between (at least with a controller) and from what I've seen in the demo, the loss of traction is slightly more gradual now, so you have a better ability to "feel" exactly where the limits of the tires are in the game.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Demo good; lots of cars; has the Rabbit. Bought it. :vapes:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So, I don't know if my interest will last long enough for me to do it, but someone should get us a solid thread in Private Game Servers so we don't have to wade through pubbies trying to friend us :D

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god just caught that commercial while watching the F1, so loving hype.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Just saw the commercial as well. Whoever decided to pair Forza Motorsport with Electric Six deserves a raise, because Electric Six makes everything better.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Stupid question, can I pre-order the super duper edition from the ms website? Also do they still let you pay with gift cards?

I remember it was a massive pain to remove creditcards from xbl accounts a few years ago.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Stupid question, can I pre-order the super duper edition from the ms website? Also do they still let you pay with gift cards?

I remember it was a massive pain to remove creditcards from xbl accounts a few years ago.

Yes and yes and yes its still a pain to get your card removed

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Doc Morbid posted:

Just saw the commercial as well. Whoever decided to pair Forza Motorsport with Electric Six deserves a raise, because Electric Six makes everything better.

I dont know, and possibly have never heard, another song that electric six did. Like i said in a previous post it gives me hope for a soundtrack that has songs in it.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Wheel chat:

I haven't really looked into wheel options sine FM5 came out and there basically weren't any BONE compatible wheels on the market.

After some cursory searching it seems like the main options are:
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider ($100ish) - no force feedback, plastic pedals, 240 degree rotation
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia ($300ish) - force feedback, metal pedals, 900deg. rotation, upgradable w/ shifter addons
• Logitech G920 ($400ish and not released until 10/14) - FF, metal pedals (including clutch), 900deg. rotation, upgradable shifter

I'm leaning towards the TM Italia. Is there a better choice?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I dont know, and possibly have never heard, another song that electric six did.
Well yeah, most people only know Danger! High Voltage, Gay Bar and possibly Dance Commander (the singles from the first album, basically), and even then they might not realize those songs are by the same band. Electric Six kinda fell off the map after 2003, but they're still doing their thing and have released albums almost every year since then.

I've used their songs on my custom soundtracks since Forza 1 on the original xbox.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Lawen posted:

Wheel chat:

I haven't really looked into wheel options sine FM5 came out and there basically weren't any BONE compatible wheels on the market.

After some cursory searching it seems like the main options are:
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider ($100ish) - no force feedback, plastic pedals, 240 degree rotation
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia ($300ish) - force feedback, metal pedals, 900deg. rotation, upgradable w/ shifter addons
• Logitech G920 ($400ish and not released until 10/14) - FF, metal pedals (including clutch), 900deg. rotation, upgradable shifter

I'm leaning towards the TM Italia. Is there a better choice?

I have the Italia and it's great, I especially liked it with FH2. I can't wait to try it out for this game.

Speaking of, Howdy, I can't wait to battle you for last place!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I posted a thread for GRC (Wednesday night goon racing) FM6 style.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740328&perpage=40

If Turn 10 doesn't release some of the better fictional tracks (maple valley, positano, Camino Viejo) from the earlier games as some sort of 10 years of Forza free DLC during the run of FM6 I'll be very surprised.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 5, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If Turn10/MS were smart, they'd throw an incredible amount of money to include Fury Road DLC cars. On that same note, create Road Kill DLC.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I just want the drag race mode from "Need for Speed: Pro street" copy pasted into the game. The rest of it was garbage, but i played the poo poo out of that mode.

I just want to stage and launch the car manually, with multiplayer. Thats all.

GutBomb posted:

If Turn 10 doesn't release some of the better fictional tracks (maple valley, positano, Camino Viejo) from the earlier games as some sort of 10 years of Forza free DLC during the run of FM6 I'll be very surprised.

I have a feeling they just want to laser scan real tracks and be done with it. One flashy "showoff track" per new game (camino viejo, bernies, rio) that showcases whatever new graphics tech they put in the game and thats it. Making maple valley and new york again is too much work. I cant think of another reason they would release a new forza game without maple valley AND without fujimi kaido.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 6, 2015

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I think giving early copies to prominent streamers is a decent strategy for getting the hype train going, but good lord try and find one, maybe two of them who actually know how to drive virtual race cars.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
Lucked up and just got the Ultimate Edition thru a friend that has Microsoft Alumni access to the Microsoft Employee Store. I suggest if you have any friends that have access you hit them up. I got an Ultimate Edition code for 50 bucks. I can't wait.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, my uncle works for microsoft as a lead developer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I think giving early copies to prominent streamers is a decent strategy for getting the hype train going, but good lord try and find one, maybe two of them who actually know how to drive virtual race cars.

Microsoft, hook me up with an Xbone and Forza 6. I'll stream this game 24/7.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

New York will finally make its glorious return

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TheScott2K posted:

One of them is an annoying little poo poo teenager. AR12 gaming. I wanna see actual gameplay without hearing some nasally 16 year old talk about his girlfriend being there.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Is the Audi rivals event in the demo gone for everyone else too?

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 7, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GutBomb posted:

Is the Audi rivals event in the demo gone for everyone else too?

I haven't checked but the fuel challenge ended yesterday which that event was for.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.

jabro posted:

I haven't checked but the fuel challenge ended yesterday which that event was for.

Hmmm I was wondering myself.

It seems to me TCS kills your power much harder in this game over 5. At least in the Ferrari.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Leather Bear posted:

One of them is an annoying little poo poo teenager. AR12 gaming. I wanna see actual gameplay without hearing some nasally 16 year old talk about his girlfriend being there.

Why did they send him a copy. I'm sure there are a lot better suited people to showcase the game than that insufferable gently caress. "Check out my sweet golf R32" *camera pans to autotragic shifter*

Just by looking over my shoulder, my wife wanted to punch him.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
This guy is a little better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-q1ImnW--g

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Team VVV is cool. He knows to talk only about the game. He's also very good about posting user requested videos.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Has anyone heard of getting VIP for free in Horizon 2? I borrowed it from my library and after installing it I ended up with VIP somehow! I haven't bought any DLC and haven't had VIP since Forza 4.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
I caved and bought ultimate on pre-order. Downloaded the demo last night and now I cannot wait the extra time. It doesn't look like there are car clubs any more, are we making a list of gamertags?

Spamtheman fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Reviews are coming out and the consensus is clear: Forza 6 is a new mainline Forza game.

• Locked thread