Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kirby Canvas Curse has been rated by the Aussie classification board, so it'll probably show up on the Wii U VC soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Another DS game has been rated for Wii U VC release: Mario Slam Basketball (aka Mario Hoops 3-on-3), the Mario b-ball game developed by Square-Enix that noone cares about.

EDIT: also, Best Buy has eShop cards for 10% off: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/video-games-20150904?nrp=25&cp=2&id=undefined

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Another DS game has been rated for Wii U VC release: Mario Slam Basketball (aka Mario Hoops 3-on-3), the Mario b-ball game developed by Square-Enix that noone cares about.

EDIT: also, Best Buy has eShop cards for 10% off: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/video-games-20150904?nrp=25&cp=2&id=undefined

Doubt we will get that game here since Square hasn't put out a single VC release in the NA yet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rirse posted:

Doubt we will get that game here since Square hasn't put out a single VC release in the NA yet.

It's a Nintendo-owned games so it doesn't matter that Square made it, plus it was rated on the Aussie ratings board so they're clearly going to bring it over.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I actually liked Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Naturally, it's been a very long time since I've played the game, but I found it charming, and the fact that you can play as a few FF mascots is nice, too.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That Gamecube soccer game is one of the best sports games I've ever played

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Pretty excited for Canvas Curse. Kirby games always range from okay to great, and it was a pretty fun launch title too. Enjoyed it a lot more then Rainbow Curse.

Mario Hoops 3 on 3 is sort interesting for the novelty of teaming up FF class people with Mario characters, like Team W: White Mage, Waluigi and Wario, but honestly won't be worth it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

LightningKimba posted:

I actually liked Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Naturally, it's been a very long time since I've played the game, but I found it charming, and the fact that you can play as a few FF mascots is nice, too.

I'm sure it's fine, I just never see anyone talking about it one way or the other.

The same team at Square made a Wii version that includes basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and hockey. I don't think anyone anywhere played that one.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

pichupal posted:

Pretty excited for Canvas Curse. Kirby games always range from okay to great, and it was a pretty fun launch title too.

It wasn't a launch title in any region.

Tucked In The Cut
Nov 15, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd rather brush my teeth
with a rusty razor
than front and bullshit
with all you fakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I spent a lot of time playing mario hoops when it came out. I don't remember there being any fleshed out career mode or anything, but it definitely delivered on arcadey, flashy b-ball with some neat mario gimmicks. I also remember liking how the touch controls factored into everything, though I'm sure those are divisive, because some people suck rear end at touching.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 10):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Mario Maker - €39.99 / £34.99 (September 11)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    The Swindle - €12.49 / £9.99 until September 24, standard price €14.99/£11.99
    Sta Sky - €4.00 / £3.60
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Rayman Legends (Wii U) - €11.99 / £9.49 until September 10
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until September 17
    99moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until September 17
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 17
    Nevr Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.59 until September 17
    TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from September 17-October 1
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 from September 17-October 10
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from September 17-October 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon - €39.99 / £34.99
    Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX - €39.99 / £29.99 (September 11)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Samurai Defender (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon Add-On Content
  • Find a wanderer for me - €1.79 / £1.59
  • Know the red Pookas - €1.79 / £1.59
  • Find a princess for me - [€1.79 / £1.59
  • Find a landsknecht for me - €1.34 / £1.19
  • Slay the gold guardians- €1.34 / £1.19
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Ryman Origins (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until September 10
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until September 17
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until September 24
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until September 24
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 from September 10-24
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 from September 10-October 8
    Airace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.39 / £2.10 from September 10-October 8
    Airace Xeno (3DS eShop) - €1.69 / £1.59 from September 10-October 8
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

Mario and Miku this Friday! Truly a date you'll never forget.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Swindle sounded really cool until I actually played it.

I'm really on the fence about Mario Maker, I feel like I just won't have the time or creativity to do anything with it. Still, it might be fun to play other peoples custom courses.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Swindle didn't deliver.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Would you say you got swindled?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I just had a thought: was Ironfall ever returned to the eShop? And the 3DS Youtube app is still available? That would be a pretty lovely double standard deal and incredibly unfair to the former's devs.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 7, 2015

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm sure it's fine, I just never see anyone talking about it one way or the other.

The same team at Square made a Wii version that includes basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and hockey. I don't think anyone anywhere played that one.

I know somebody played it because there's a youtube video of it's weird-rear end final boss fight with a behemoth (from final fantasy, yes. also yes this sports game has a boss fight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt91g5vEQKY

It also has cool music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ij2RGGBtc

Seems like a pretty alright game, really. Too bad you need to have friends to enjoy it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

I know somebody played it because there's a youtube video of it's weird-rear end final boss fight with a behemoth (from final fantasy, yes. also yes this sports game has a boss fight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt91g5vEQKY

It also has cool music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ij2RGGBtc

Seems like a pretty alright game, really. Too bad you need to have friends to enjoy it.

While weird, it's disappointing you just fight it. Having it challenge you to game of basketball or soccer would have been better.

Also did Mario Sports Mix include Blitzball?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nicalis says Binding of Isaac will be out in EU (not AU/NZ) on October 29.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Tucked In The Cut posted:

I spent a lot of time playing mario hoops when it came out. I don't remember there being any fleshed out career mode or anything, but it definitely delivered on arcadey, flashy b-ball with some neat mario gimmicks. I also remember liking how the touch controls factored into everything, though I'm sure those are divisive, because some people suck rear end at touching.

I have this on DS. I quite liked that they put FF sprites in it and played the ninja a fair bit, but overall I did not like it because it didn't play remotely like basketball. Players would never make runs to the basket or set picks or screens or the like, so the game ended up being endless perimeter passing followed by trying to drive to the basket. I know that Mario games are not sims by any means, but this didn't really even feel like the real-life sport. I've enjoyed plenty of Mario Sports titles, but this one fell flat. I am mostly convinced that touch controls are rubbish for any kind of game that requires fast reflexes and high action apart from those tap-swipe rhythm games like Elite Beat Agents. They would probably make for a great billiards/snooker game, though.

noirstronaut posted:

Strikers was fantastic. It was simple but fluid, and the AI was a monster. I have many happy memories of playing that with myself and three friends on one team versus the cpu. One night we played until almost dawn and beat the Bowser Cup, the hardest one in the game, in a one-goal nail-biter. The roar of joy when the match ended was epic.

Then they came out with a sequel on the Wii that was really disappointing, and not just because of lovely Wii controls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

I'd rather have the 3DS pocket discussion again

What's the 3DS pocket discussion. Front left, by the way, wallet in the back right pocket and watch on my right wrist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

A Wii U strikers with good online would be awesome. Or maybe a NX game at this point. I don't know if that would ever happen though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A second retail collection of Sega 3D Classics has been announced: Here's (most of) the box art, again by Ken Sugimori:

Who could that last character be?

In addition, 3DS hackers have discovered that, for some odd reason, 3D Gunstar Heroes loads a collection of game titles into RAM at start that includes various games that M2 has ported... and a lot that they haven't.

Here's a nicely sorted version of the list:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its a penis

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

It looks vaguely like Alex Kidd, so I'm willing to bet that's it.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
3d Comix Zone would be dope.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Toejam and Earl's isometric perspective could look really neat with 3D.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That list of games is indicative of games that were cut from previous shortlists and I don't even think it's legit.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

It's me, I'm the one who would buy Sonic Spinball 3D.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Gann Jerrod posted:

If they added online co-op like on the 360, it'd be a must buy. I wish the Sega 3D classics retail release would come out in America.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
eShop down for everyone or just me?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's down for maintenance and/or an impending system update.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

3d Comix Zone would be dope.

not only could they do some fun gimmicky poo poo with it, maybe then they could patch out "taking damage while destroying mandatory poo poo" because gently caress that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's no fixing Comix Zone.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Gann Jerrod posted:

I saw that on the list and my eyes got big... it's my favourite Genesis game hands-down and possibly my favourite game ever anywhere. As far as I know (*please* correct me if I'm wrong), this would be the first time that it's been available on a portable system, so first-day buy for me.

There's no fixing Comix Zone.

MinibarMatchman posted:

not only could they do some fun gimmicky poo poo with it, maybe then they could patch out "taking damage while destroying mandatory poo poo" because gently caress that

I agree with Minibar... my only kvetch with Comix Zone was taking damage from everything you did, including fighting, opening doors, scratching your bum and breathing too heavily. Gauntlet in the arcade was technically worse but at least in that one you could pop a few more quarters in the slot. Fix that idiocy and it's a good game that would probably look rather nice in 3D.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Spacebump posted:

If they added online co-op like on the 360, it'd be a must buy. I wish the Sega 3D classics retail release would come out in America.

Nobody actually wants functioning online gameplay on the 3DS. You're just going to have to trust Nintendo's judgement on this.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PantsBandit posted:

Nobody actually wants functioning online gameplay on the 3DS. You're just going to have to trust Nintendo's judgement on this.

If Nintendo allows people to play both ToeJam AND Earl cooperatively via a wireless connection, we riot!

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing

The Kins posted:

In addition, 3DS hackers have discovered that, for some odd reason, 3D Gunstar Heroes loads a collection of game titles into RAM at start that includes various games that M2 has ported... and a lot that they haven't.

Here's a nicely sorted version of the list:

Oh man 3D Landstalker would be a day 1 purchase for me.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

JustJeff88 posted:

I saw that on the list and my eyes got big... it's my favourite Genesis game hands-down and possibly my favourite game ever anywhere. As far as I know (*please* correct me if I'm wrong), this would be the first time that it's been available on a portable system, so first-day buy for me.

Well, technically you could play it on a Sega Nomad, but a 3DS version is probably more practical in 2015.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There was a PSP release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Thuryl posted:

Well, technically you could play it on a Sega Nomad, but a 3DS version is probably more practical in 2015.

I actually still have a cart of the game and a working Nomad :blush:...

but, yes, not terribly practical.

homeless snail posted:

There was a PSP release

I wish that I had known this before they pulled it.