Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The secondary on the Pulverizer does more damage, and it also adds explosive damage. Pounds are weak to explosions. However, they're also weak to stabbing attacks, which the Zweihander can do.

Yeah, the secondary does something like 383 damage, whereas the zwei secondary does about 290. Also, the explosion stuns large zeds without having to hit them in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I prefer the Zweihander to the Pulverizer, but I want to carry both. Does the Pulverizer or the Zweihander block better, or are they the same?

Blocking tips are appreciated by the way, I can't seem to time my parries properly.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Blocking tips are appreciated by the way, I can't seem to time my parries properly.

Try starting earlier than you think you have to.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

It would be cool if the knife came out faster (or possibly immediately) upon switching to it. Would make it much more useful for clutch parries/quick trash kills, and more skillful as well. The animation when it comes out kind of nerfs it in the exact situation where you'd need it most.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

It would be cool if the knife came out faster (or possibly immediately) upon switching to it. Would make it much more useful for clutch parries/quick trash kills, and more skillful as well. The animation when it comes out kind of nerfs it in the exact situation where you'd need it most.

Considering the Katana has an on draw attack, they may be saving melee quickdraws for the Hanzo Steel perk :japan:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

cliffdiver posted:

If you don't want to kill zombies while dressed as a knight shouting SUCH SUSTENANCE then why are you even alive?

I'm getting flashbacks to Gauntlet Dark Legacy, here.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flipswitch posted:

Wondering if they'll release the other game exclusive stuff at paid dlc at one point.

We need hat DLC.

I need my fedora.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Is it still a thing that you run faster with your knife out?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Require More Fire posted:

Is it still a thing that you run faster with your knife out?

Nope.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Well then I must look silly.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beserker with a microwave gun is my favorite loadout

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
There's something incredibly satisfying about running around with a Pulverizer and a Microwave Gun. My buddy does it all the time but that's because he's Salamanders for life and can't resist playing with a Thunder Hammer AND a Melta Gun.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Tried my hand at Hard with free weekenders because I thought it was over by now. :downs:

First match was in KF-Evacutionpoint, where the entire team decided to camp in the middle of the street. Wiped two waves after I joined.

Second match was in KF-Evacuationpoint again. Match was fine until Scrakes started appearing. Nobody knew how to deal with them, just like in the early days of EA. Wave 5 hit and the team decided the best way to deal with FPs and Scrakes was to split up. :shepicide:

At least I got a decent amount of XP to level Zerk up. I really need to get to level 10 so I don't have to rely on Medics all the drat time.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

closeted republican posted:

Tried my hand at Hard with free weekenders because I thought it was over by now. :downs:

First match was in KF-Evacutionpoint, where the entire team decided to camp in the middle of the street. Wiped two waves after I joined.

Second match was in KF-Evacuationpoint again. Match was fine until Scrakes started appearing. Nobody knew how to deal with them, just like in the early days of EA. Wave 5 hit and the team decided the best way to deal with FPs and Scrakes was to split up. :shepicide:

At least I got a decent amount of XP to level Zerk up. I really need to get to level 10 so I don't have to rely on Medics all the drat time.

Yeah holy poo poo no one told me that the key to being a berserker was to be level 10, where you could choose the +100% HP perk. I can't believe I was tanking and surviving hard encounters without it. :vince:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I was playing with a free weekender medic. He was running around with a commando assault rifle, and remained level 0 for three medium games. Each game at the end, I managed to have healed more than him while I was playing demolitions.

One game I found a support that would use nothing but his pistol all game, even up to Hanz. I never saw him use another weapon or even so much as heard a shotgun the entire game. Because he continued to shoot headless enemies and Hanz while he was shielded, he ran out of ammo very quickly and would proceed to run away from everything while holding his knife.

Free weekenders are an enigma.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I managed to herd a team of free weekenders on Hard up to Wave 8/10 but then we wiped when the Support blew all his AA ammo on clots and gorefasts. I thought we were going to go the distance...

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

I was in a free weekender game where the same exact thing happened as in your second game. It was like clockwork - they'd all stay together (after I said stay together instead of running off from the trader immediately) but when Scrakes and FPs started showing up, 2-3 of them would immediately run off to do their own thing.

There was another game with four field medics, all of which were using medic pistols, but none of them were healing. I even told them to middle click while aiming at an injured ally, and they totally ignored me.

Another person seemed to be hoarding cash - he was a Level 0 Berserker, but stayed alive through 6 waves. He had thousands of dosh he was doing nothing with. Didn't give it away, didn't buy anything - he just used the Crovel the whole game, and didn't even buy armor. Not once did he use grenades.

I don't understand.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

I was playing with a free weekender medic. He was running around with a commando assault rifle, and remained level 0 for three medium games. Each game at the end, I managed to have healed more than him while I was playing demolitions.

One game I found a support that would use nothing but his pistol all game, even up to Hanz. I never saw him use another weapon or even so much as heard a shotgun the entire game. Because he continued to shoot headless enemies and Hanz while he was shielded, he ran out of ammo very quickly and would proceed to run away from everything while holding his knife.

Free weekenders are an enigma.

I wish I could understand what goes in their heads. Like, why would you refuse to use the weapons your class is built for? The game straight-up shows you your perk's weapons when you enter the trader; it takes a willing act of stupidity to say "gently caress that poo poo" and go for the Bullpup the entire game as a Zerk, or for some god-forsaken reason, use only the pistol the entire game.

Things like Antlion Guard chase in HL2: Episode 2 being changed because of loving retarded testers not understanding the most basic of basics makes a lot more sense when you see free weekenders in games like Killing Floor. It's a miracle they can take a piss and hit the water in a toilet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The weekenders are great, you carry the match and the pubbies heap praise on you. :smug:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

The weekenders are great, you carry the match and the pubbies heap praise on you. :smug:

I'm sure mine would if they could figure out how to even activate text or voice chat.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I also like the free weekenders that weld every door near the team. Apparently, KF2 is really just about waiting for the zeds to get bored enough hitting a door that they leave the map entirely. Also, I had one dude weld me out not once, but three times because the best strategy is to weld every door you see when you panic. :downs:

I usually secrely unweld the doors just enough so that enemies can very easily destroy them so nobody tries to reweld the stupid things.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I also like the free weekenders that weld every door near the team. Apparently, KF2 is really just about waiting for the zeds to get bored enough hitting a door that they leave the map entirely. Also, I had one dude weld me out not once, but three times because the best strategy is to weld every door you see when you panic. :downs:

I usually secrely unweld the doors just enough so that enemies can very easily destroy them so nobody tries to reweld the stupid things.

Have you seen the guys who weld themselves on the other side of a door from the rest of the team? The game should detect when one player is by themselves and spawn any big zeds right on top of them. Screw you, team-abandoner.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSgy8Loi1c8

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Have you seen the guys who weld themselves on the other side of a door from the rest of the team? The game should detect when one player is by themselves and spawn any big zeds right on top of them. Screw you, team-abandoner.

"heh, I'm going to show those noobs who's the real pro by welding them out so they can't steal MY kills. :smug:"

*dies 15 seconds afterwards*

A montage of the worst free weekender moments with this song playing would be fantastic.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

"heh, I'm going to show those noobs who's the real pro by welding them out so they can't steal MY kills. :smug:"

*dies 15 seconds afterwards*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUcLGA4pOZU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Things like Antlion Guard chase in HL2: Episode 2 being changed because of loving retarded testers not understanding the most basic of basics makes a lot more sense when you see free weekenders in games like Killing Floor. It's a miracle they can take a piss and hit the water in a toilet.

My experience with public restrooms tells me they can't do the latter.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What if doors came back after being broken, but only once per game?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What if floors came back after being killed, but only once per game?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What if doors came back after being broken, but only once per game?

Why not make doors come back after x waves? Like 3. This might encourage supports to start welding early on, and gave some more mileage to that one demo perk.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Honestly I wish they came back every wave, it really feels like Tripwire has done a pretty great job on ensuring there aren't too many places that you can hold out forever in complete safety, and the couple of areas on various maps that have a door you can lock down to give you some breathing room don't last particularly long once said door is gone forever. The whole 'eventually a door will break no matter what' is cool and good and is a nice measure to prevent the sort of camping that happened in the first game, but without the doors respawning it basically tanks that kind of strategy completely.

Sometimes I just want to sit around and shoot down a corridor without having to worry about that door protecting our flank eventually being gone forever.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Maybe if it depended on the type of door? For instance, sliding doors respawn and can be re-welded from wave to wave, hinged doors get knocked off their hinges and are gone forever. Then if there's a problem spot on a map where it's really easy to weld some doors and camp forever and hey those are all sliding doors, change them over and now that spot isn't as good.

Of course, that raises the problem of "why would an ancient manor/roman catacombs have sliding doors"...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
They respawned on KF1 and there were a good handful of places that you could use to really do a number of a wave in a lot of safety, especially once demo launched and you could get 30+ zeds knocking at a door at the same time. The reality of the situation is that zeds struggle to outpace 2 players welding a door, especially if one of them is a Support, so one C4 at the foot of a door and a little patience would get half the wave knocking. Once they were knocking, just fall back and let them bust it down, and the C4 would turn the teeth of a wave into a smear.

You can still pull that trick in KF2, but it's harder to make it cost effective since C4 costs a lot more and you can't do it repeatedly since doors don't respawn.

So every wave is probably asking for abuse, but I'd agree that there should be something more than what we have now since as it stands I don't remember the last time I saw doors become a focal part of a team's strategy.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
At any rate, Tripwire could always just add a new specimen that counters specific strats. In the same way the Siren stopa grenade spam or the Husk fucks static players.

Also I completely forgot TW wants crawlers to walk on walls.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Azran posted:

At any rate, Tripwire could always just add a new specimen that counters specific strats. In the same way the Siren stopa grenade spam or the Husk fucks static players.

Also I completely forgot TW wants crawlers to walk on walls.

Is that what husks are supposed to do? I've never had a problem with them and don't consider them any any more threatening than clots. They're a big slow target with low hp and a slow, easily dodged projectile.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Great Beer posted:

Is that what husks are supposed to do? I've never had a problem with them and don't consider them any any more threatening than clots. They're a big slow target with low hp and a slow, easily dodged projectile.

try playing on Suicidal.

They get a little more interesting.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
I don't know why, but I find KF2 much more satisfying than KF1. I've been running support. So far so good, but the other classes have cooler weapons.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Great Beer posted:

They had amazing aimbotting abilities in KF1. It's been toned down in KF2 so if you keep moving they miss most of the time but stay still and you're gonna get a face full of fire. Also in Suicidal and HoE they get a gently caress-off flamethrower attack if you run up to them. Also if you're foolish enough to let them suicide bomb themselves next to you it's gonna hurt. A LOT.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Also if you're foolish enough to let them suicide bomb themselves next to you it's gonna hurt. A LOT.

The suicide bomb is usually an insta-kill regardless of difficulty. I hope someone mods in an ALLAHU AKBAR though when they do it.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

They had amazing aimbotting abilities in KF1. It's been toned down in KF2 so if you keep moving they miss most of the time but stay still and you're gonna get a face full of fire. Also in Suicidal and HoE they get a gently caress-off flamethrower attack if you run up to them. Also if you're foolish enough to let them suicide bomb themselves next to you it's gonna hurt. A LOT.

It brought me great joy when I finally learned how to dodge them, so now it seems a little too easy.

That said, if one manages to get in close on suicidal+, you're potentially hosed.

SaffronKit posted:

Honestly I wish they came back every wave, it really feels like Tripwire has done a pretty great job on ensuring there aren't too many places that you can hold out forever in complete safety, and the couple of areas on various maps that have a door you can lock down to give you some breathing room don't last particularly long once said door is gone forever. The whole 'eventually a door will break no matter what' is cool and good and is a nice measure to prevent the sort of camping that happened in the first game, but without the doors respawning it basically tanks that kind of strategy completely.

Sometimes I just want to sit around and shoot down a corridor without having to worry about that door protecting our flank eventually being gone forever.

I find that other environmental effects are much more dangerous than a lack of doors. The catacombs map has a few good hold-out spots, but the steady decrease in light sources can be really bad for spotting zeds. Firebug flares are pretty great for help with that problem, but otherwise, it's time to move on to the next spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

They're dumber than hell in 1 if you've got a high enough level Pyro to literally just play catch with them. But barring being the crowd pleaser because the Husk Launcher was hilarious to tool around with, you can also just mentally hum some Mario music and hop the fireballs, they aim at your feet.

I may still have a bad habit of trying to dodge those fireballs by jumping when I hear the sound in 2. It occasionally works because they aim high and fire over my head at medium ranges.