Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I will never cease to be amazed at the depth of mental illness this game attracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BombermanX posted:

I have been unable to support the fleet in the past 2 weeks because I put my dick in a toaster.

I am but a slave to the greater goon hive mind and must follow all trends.

BRB, putting my dick in the toaster too.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Soviet Commubot posted:

I will never cease to be amazed at the depth of mental illness this game attracts.
Most MMOs have people just as broken, but diluted with a larger mass of players who don't notice and are dumb in saner ways. STO though? Half the people playing are proud of being unable to act like a normal person.

It's kind of amazing and there's really no comparison beyond, I dunno, Second Life or some other virtual chat that barely qualifies as a game.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hi i'm xeaaaaaaan posted:

To those who observe this, do you think those are actions of people who play a game? Star Troll-Bully Online perhaps. Certainty not Star trek Online.

Like another commenter here said, they gotta keep trying till they "break" me. People who act like that are bullies, using this game as cover to do malice. They don't realize, even if they kill me irl, they won't get out of me what they are looking for: Justification and superiority. Theirs is a fool's quest, but how many have they pushed around in search of it...

:eyepop:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I cannot wait to log into STAR TROLL-BULLY ONLINE again.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Xean, we're not trying to break you. You were broken well before any Dental set eyes on you. :allears:

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Aleth posted:

I cannot wait to log into STAR TROLL-BULLY ONLINE again.

This has the makings of a new thread title.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
do you have the touch of the ahtist in you?

bij/butts/rahhmi?

but Butts instead of uncle sam, and the starfleet logo instead of the earth.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

hakimashou posted:

do you have the touch of the ahtist in you?

bij/butts/rahhmi?

but Butts instead of uncle sam, and the starfleet logo instead of the earth.

I can change the globe to anything because gently caress drawing that poo poo.

Edit: I don't actually know which is the starfleet logo.

More directly:

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 7, 2015

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

:captainpop:

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
I shall not even make an attempt at this request, as perfection has already been presented.

...with that said, I know you guys do this constantly. But earlier.. when I saw Xean's enlarged yellow text... It really SANK IN that he's... . . . . just... indescribably . erm. This hurts. I don't know what to do. Thinking about it hurts. I'm going to go spend lots of money on something.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Why do you think I collect watches?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Rahhmi posted:

I shall not even make an attempt at this request, as perfection has already been presented.

...with that said, I know you guys do this constantly. But earlier.. when I saw Xean's enlarged yellow text... It really SANK IN that he's... . . . . just... indescribably . erm. This hurts. I don't know what to do. Thinking about it hurts. I'm going to go spend lots of money on something.

We all deal with it in our own way, be it booze, medication, collecting watches or simply the moral support offered by the Wesley Mumble Hugbox.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

BombermanX posted:

Why do you think I collect watches?

I have a theory but revealing another guy's end game is not cool

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

:edit: Sorry it didn't look like poo poo before I uploaded it and now it won't let me delete it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 7, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

The gently caress is a lethean

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Is that another Xean fleet or something

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Back by popular demand:

Edit: Bandoleer of Klondike Bars, because we bullied the devs into being on our side.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 8, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

Back by popular demand:

Edit: Bandoleer of Klondike Bars, because we bullied the devs into being on our side.

12/10 -- Absolutely beautiful.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

BombermanX posted:

The gently caress is a lethean

A lovely KDF race.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They're the telepathic ones with face teeth.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

They're the telepathic ones with face teeth.

one of them cybobullied dr bashir in ds9

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Mondian posted:

Is that another Xean fleet or something

Some pubbie gamma fleet that was spam recruiting and just got lucky enough to pick me up. :smuggo:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

system protocol posted:

Some pubbie gamma fleet that was spam recruiting and just got lucky enough to pick me up. :smuggo:

Oh my. You know that you have to ask him for pvp 'tips', and then make face-gravy the moment he decides to show off his elite skills.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

People still PvP?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The scheduled R&D weekend will in fact be a bug ship promo. Right on the heels of the annorax one.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

People still PvP?

All the people that were half way decent competitive team players left long long ago and pubbies found their way into our empty stadium. Nothing much has changed they all still bitch and call each other cheaters, then make up and agree it's Cryptic's fault and try to start some gentlemen's rules league, then it falls to poo poo when some new guys uses an epic console, and the cycle starts all over again.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

hakimashou posted:

The scheduled R&D weekend will in fact be a bug ship promo. Right on the heels of the annorax one.

quote:

Newly purchased Research and Development packs will only offer the chance to win the Jem’Hadar Ship Choice Pack during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the bonus Lobi or the Jem’Hadar Ship Choice Pack.

Oh lord, Cryptic.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

They mean to say "Once this event ends, the packs in the C-store will revert..."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

They mean to say "Once this event ends, the packs in the C-store will revert..."

this promo's copy/paste announcement retained the typo from the last bug promo's announcement

"Packs purchased during the event, but get opened after the event will still benefit from this promotion’s bonus rewards."

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's kind of amazing really, especially since the previous typo was pointed out and the devs acknowledged it. :psyduck:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Asimo posted:

It's kind of amazing really, especially since the previous typo was pointed out and the devs acknowledged it. :psyduck:

Like how bugs are constantly pointed out and not fixed. Like how that bug that completely buttfucked Neverwinter's economy has been pointed out a year and a half prior in Star Trek and during the Neverwinter alpha and beta and still made it to launch. They literally don't give a poo poo.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

fucks given: -1

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
it looks like all the goals were 'reached' and we'll get 2x xp, 2x dil, 2x marks this weekend.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Like how bugs are constantly pointed out and not fixed. Like how that bug that completely buttfucked Neverwinter's economy has been pointed out a year and a half prior in Star Trek and during the Neverwinter alpha and beta and still made it to launch. They literally don't give a poo poo.

Yup.

Even the bugs you'd think would be dead simple to fix (and the kind of stuff that shouldn't be lost within ancient undocumented spaghetti code) either never gets fixed or takes literal years to be addressed.

I remember during testing for the Romulan expansion the uniforms had a ton of clipping problems. They solved a couple and left the rest unfixed until delta rising. Which was something like over 12 months later. That's just one example out of many, many more that come to mind and should have been trivial.

They simply do not give a gently caress unless it has a direct and immediate negative effect on incoming cash revenue. Then it might be looked at. Maybe.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hakimashou posted:

it looks like all the goals were 'reached' and we'll get 2x xp, 2x dil, 2x marks this weekend.

Make that how the game is every day and maybe it'd be worth coming back to.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Berke Negri posted:

Make that how the game is every day and maybe it'd be worth coming back to.

you mean "triple that and make that how it normally is", right?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Rahhmi posted:

you mean "triple that and make that how it normally is", right?

That works for me too.

Also while we're at it make a new voth ground battlezone-like map, thanks Cryptic for reading this.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DancingShade posted:

They simply do not give a gently caress unless it has a direct and immediate negative effect on incoming cash revenue. Then it might be looked at. Maybe.

Even buying zen through steam is a huge clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Buying zen in general is a huge clusterfuck, lots of people have trouble with it.

• Locked thread