Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

LOL, worth it.

With all those toppings does it count as a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

It would if you folded it up.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Squashy Nipples posted:

Mrs. Squashy has started a 9-5 office job, her first ever (she can't chef anymore since her foot surgery). This is the first time she has ever had weekends off, on Friday nights we've been doing a pizza and beer party.

Last night my buddy ordered a pie called "The Mack Daddy", which is Big Mac pizza: hamburger and cheese pizza, and then after they pull it out of the oven, they pile shredded lettuce, chopped pickles and onions on top, and then squirt special sauce all over it. It was greasy, but it was loving GOOD. I never imagined that I would like iceberg lettuce and/or pickles on a pizza!

Was this from some southshore place or somewhere close to the city?

In text it sounds terrible but I've seen stranger things work out.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Whoever posted that weird cocktail recently with gin and creme de cacao, I had never heard of such a gross thing before your post but it was cocktail of the week at my local bar yesterday so I had to try it. Weird.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
We put a bunch of guavas in the sangria last night during our asado. Also weird, but very good.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Your favorite way to grill shrim pplease?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

That Works posted:

Was this from some southshore place or somewhere close to the city?

In text it sounds terrible but I've seen stranger things work out.

Southshore, Easy Pie in Braintree.
http://www.easypie.net/

They actually have a number of creative pizzas, but their website is terrible.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

SHRIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIawjMVlAwY

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Drink and Fight posted:

Whoever posted that weird cocktail recently with gin and creme de cacao, I had never heard of such a gross thing before your post but it was cocktail of the week at my local bar yesterday so I had to try it. Weird.

The Alexander is the bête noire of Prohibition-era cocktails. Memories of the Alexander are part of what caused people to start drinking blended whiskey highballs and vodka sodas once they didn't have to cover up the awful flavor of their bathtub gin with chocolate and cream anymore. It was never a drink to be enjoyed, merely one to be endured. Its minor resurgence is the greatest irony of the cocktail revival.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Rurutia posted:

Just picked up a quarter cow. I'm kind of mad because they gave me a bunch of cube steak that I said I didn't want on the phone and the other steaks were cut to quarter inch thickness. I don't understand why they had to chop up everything so much or pound things I wanted whole. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thing but am I being unreasonable here?

I would have refused delivery.

I have had *minor* mistakes made. Something I wanted sausage was just ground. Something I wanted whole was ground. Etc. It happens. loving up your complete order? You can't take that poo poo. They lost your order and tried to give you a flake's order. Tell them "No, thank you." next time.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

odd name given your post. that's just weird. anything but shirm.

Anyway, I like em, hit w
an som kinna sour somin
lye yu uh lymae lime yeah that poo poo and somin salty like tha fish sayce
an grill th gently caress OUDDA dddem shrim

BUUUUUUUUUT HEREs
;jsthte
thing

ONNNNa ONE SIDEs
like all th nswaaasy

altheway done ALMOS
on ons id

then flip am pull em an eat em

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Kenning posted:

The Alexander is the bête noire of Prohibition-era cocktails. Memories of the Alexander are part of what caused people to start drinking blended whiskey highballs and vodka sodas once they didn't have to cover up the awful flavor of their bathtub gin with chocolate and cream anymore. It was never a drink to be enjoyed, merely one to be endured. Its minor resurgence is the greatest irony of the cocktail revival.

Actually it wasn't an Alexander it was called a 20th Century(?) so maybe a little different. I don't know where the original post went.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

pr0k posted:

odd name given your post. that's just weird. anything but shirm.

Anyway, I like em, hit w
an som kinna sour somin
lye yu uh lymae lime yeah that poo poo and somin salty like tha fish sayce
an grill th gently caress OUDDA dddem shrim

BUUUUUUUUUT HEREs
;jsthte
thing

ONNNNa ONE SIDEs
like all th nswaaasy

altheway done ALMOS
on ons id

then flip am pull em an eat em

MY MAN!!!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
code:
some thing 

about 

e .
          e . cumming 
                             s

in pr0k's mom 

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 6, 2015

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Drink and Fight posted:

Actually it wasn't an Alexander it was called a 20th Century(?) so maybe a little different. I don't know where the original post went.

Oh man 20th Centuries are great. Gin, lemon, lillet, and creme de cacao. Amazing cocktail.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Kenning posted:

Oh man 20th Centuries are great. Gin, lemon, lillet, and creme de cacao. Amazing cocktail.

It was very weird. Completely different from the sum of its parts. Bartender did say she accidentally put an extra 1/2oz gin in it though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Squashy Nipples posted:

I never imagined that I would like iceberg lettuce and/or pickles on a pizza!

You're decades late to the party buddy. :sweden:

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Xoidanor posted:

:sweden:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Xoidanor posted:

I think constructing pizza with bernaise should be punishable with a severe crotch whipping with a rolled up, wet, sunday newspaper.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Hat posted:

I think constructing pizza with bernaise should be punishable with a severe crotch whipping with a rolled up, wet, sunday newspaper.

What if it also has fries? :sweden:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Yes, yes, that is a swedzza..

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Why ARE THE loving BUNS IN THERE? That's totally vile, why would you put bread on bread?

Xoidanor posted:

What if it also has fries? :sweden:

The fries are ALMOST as bad, but I did have a sliced potato pizza once that was pretty good.

And why is the polar bear crying? Because the pizza is so bad?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Why ARE THE loving BUNS IN THERE? That's totally vile, why would you put bread on bread?

What do you mean? :confused:

You can't make a calzone with a cheesburger meal inside it without including a bun. That would just be wrong.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Common sense really.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Xoidanor posted:

Common sense really.

Common sense...for a loving Swede.

In hospital. My son has diabetes, it turns out. Looks like I'll be asking for sugar-free recipes. Poor little chap is like a pincushion.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Scientastic posted:

I have a bay tree on my balcony, and it's just about the best thing ever.

I'm not sure how much of a hearing it has on your ruined cow, but I'm sure if you had a bay tree it would improve your mood.

Is it suitable it have one indoors? I thought about getting seeds once, but I don't know if it's worth growing in an apartment.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

therattle posted:

Common sense...for a loving Swede.

In hospital. My son has diabetes, it turns out. Looks like I'll be asking for sugar-free recipes. Poor little chap is like a pincushion.

I was going to mock your obvious Britishism, but drat, that's a harsh diagnosis for a kid. That said, I have a great uncle that was diagnosed with diabetes at a young age, and he has made it to 75 so far.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

I was going to mock your obvious Britishism, but drat, that's a harsh diagnosis for a kid. That said, I have a great uncle that was diagnosed with diabetes at a young age, and he has made it to 75 so far.

Yeah, the health thing isn't so much a concern, it's daily insulin injections, no cake (his favourite) or ice cream - apart from bad sugar-free versions.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
That's tough, sorry to hear about it. My niece got type 1 diabetes when she was 12.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I am so pleased with myself.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
lol @ buying foodsaver bags. Get a roll, or go to your local restaurant supply and get 100 vollrath textured bags for 20bux.

Good job on the chiles tho

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I like to freeze mine whole because we use them for rellenos sometimes. But Hatch is really the best chile.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

lol @ buying foodsaver bags. Get a roll, or go to your local restaurant supply and get 100 vollrath textured bags for 20bux.

Good job on the chiles tho

All the rolls I have found have gusseted sides which never quite seem to seal up super solid. I should buy some generic bags but that would involve more planning ahead then I like to do. I don't have a puddle machine so twenty bags will last me months. I wanna get one of those force marinading things for it but have not gotten around to it yet.

Also, still have six loving corned beefs in my freezer from my day after st pat's buying bing. I feel like every time I make one a new one appears in the freezer.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rurutia posted:

Mmm deep fried ribeye and tenderloin I paid out the rear end for.

I think I missed that crucial detail in my exuberance.

but still, my point stands - I mean, you can either do something intentional to your lovely steaks that will make them enjoyable, or your can try and cook them as steaks, and be disappointed.

if you froze them and stacked them all up side by side, you could put them through a meat slicer really thin for korean style bbq? or a place here in town makes the loving best philly cheese steaks from ribeye - also paper thin sliced.

or if you have some activa and patience, you could literally glue the entire tenderloin back into one piece? or stack two ribeyes each and glue them back together?

anyways I agree with others, you shouldn't have taken delivery. jesus christ I'd be mad. I'm mad for you.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

But the reason you can cook steaks rare is that the inside is sterile. That wouldn't be true of a meat glued steak, right?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
:what:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I honestly can't even tell if that is a troll or not. assuming it's not, if you want to be extra safe, throw some salt on there.

but no, the reason you can cook steaks rare is because they are good to eat rare and you choose not to cook them too much. there's no food safety issue having to do with the interior being "sterile". I can guarantee you the inside of a steak is anything but sterile.

you might be confusing this issue with commercial ground beef, where you have parts of hundreds of different animals going through the same cutting apparatus, which grinds meat up into tiny little bit, giving them exponentially more surface area to catch whatever random bacteria or mold is floating through the air. it's mandatory (in my book) to cook the gently caress out of that poo poo.

a single slice on decent quality meat isn't anything to worry about though, assuming the meat was cut and quickly frozen or whatever, and hasn't just been cut and sitting around in the fridge for a week. for instance, I'd feel comfortable making steak tartare from an 8 ounce cut of beef tenderloin, despite the fact that both ends had touched a knife and been packaged / exposed to air / not "sterile".

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 7, 2015

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Here's McGee. I'm not sure anything I said was outrageous or crazy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's possible that wherever it's cut could be contaminated and that possibility is going to be a function of how well that slaughterhouse is run / maintained and if any of the cows at that time are carrying something particularly infectious (Like E. coli O157:H7 etc).

If you're worried about it then a quick sear on the outside will solve it or a wash in salt / vinegar.

Many slaughterhouses also use 2% lactic acid washes on the meat / equipment as part of their cleanup but that's generally with a whole carcass before butchering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Went and shot a cannon on Saturday. 180dB sure pack a wallop, including on clogged sinuses. I guess there's some irony to how the first thing I tasted in two weeks were freeze-dried combat rations. :bubblewoop: