Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I'm listening to his interview with Jim Cornette right now and it fits that breakdown to a tee.

"Nikita? That gassed up tadpole!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

ayn rand hand job posted:

The SCSA one was good, though Flair never watched the Austin/Bret match from WM13.

Yeah I caught that too. I was waiting for Austin to stop the podcast and demand Ric watch it on the spot. Awkward edit > Flair: "Holy poo poo".

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It also helps that Conrad works well as a co-host. He's knowledgeable and he's good at keeping Flair on track.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Agreed, he has been great. He keeps Flair on track and often chimes I. With great questions.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Yeah he's much better than that 'comedian' guy Piper had on with him. Cornette absolutely destroyed him when he was on there once.

If you listen to Jericho's podcast with Bruce Dickinson this week, you can hear his soul slowly leaving his body as he tries to sound interested as Bruce bangs on about WWI triplanes. I loved it cos Jericho gets on my tits most of the time. He's got Paul Stanley on next show, did anyone hear his previous one with him? I tend to cringe if I know it's someone he's a massive mark for cos he'll be even more insufferable than usual xD

(I sound like a right mard arse, sometimes I do enjoy his podcast! Also Flair's is great.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Thoughts on Meltzer pretending not to know that Bram and Charlotte broke up months ago?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

This was a relief for me as well, and the Terry Funk episode is amazing.

Just listening to this, Vince banned Cena from going to the bars.

Poor, poor Cena. :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Thoughts on Meltzer pretending not to know that Bram and Charlotte broke up months ago?

Really weird because I think I learned about that because of him.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MassRafTer posted:

Really weird because I think I learned about that because of him.

I know I did on the Observer the other day where they talked about Bram's arrest.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

les moore is going to have a field day with this one fellas

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I thought it was funny when meltzer attributed charlotte/bram details to an anonymous "fliehr family source" in the observer lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bram had been posting pictures on Instagram with another woman for months, Charlotte stopped wearing her wedding ring, both stopped being pictured together, stopped mentioning each other in interviews. Their final divorce hearing is this week. Meltzer also has said he had spoken to Charlotte with in the last six months. Ric Flair is a close friend. Among other things he's Dave Meltzer.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
didn't Meltzer just say he didn't know if they were actually divorced yet, not that he didn't know if they broke up

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

I have no strong feelings on this one way or another.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

didn't Meltzer just say he didn't know if they were actually divorced yet, not that he didn't know if they broke up

Yeah, pretty sure all he said was he didn't know if the divorce was finalized yet or not

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

It's nice to hear Dave having fun with podcasts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

rovert posted:

Bram had been posting pictures on Instagram with another woman for months, Charlotte stopped wearing her wedding ring, both stopped being pictured together, stopped mentioning each other in interviews. Their final divorce hearing is this week. Meltzer also has said he had spoken to Charlotte with in the last six months. Ric Flair is a close friend. Among other things he's Dave Meltzer.

the most inconsequential journalism scandal in history

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

the most inconsequential journalism scandal in history

Dave said something like they've been separated for a while but he didn't know if the divorce had been finalized yet

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I, for one, will not be satisfied until Dave gives up-to-date information on who's loving who at the earliest opportunity!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Bram will carry the single brand into the future

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Why is this something that Dave would lie about? It makes him look like a loving moron, and I'm not sure what it accomplishes. What a weird deal.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

I, for one, will not be satisfied until Dave gives up-to-date information on who's loving who at the earliest opportunity!

Is this a roundabout way to find out just how big Batista's dick is?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

81sidewinder posted:

Why is this something that Dave would lie about? It makes him look like a loving moron, and I'm not sure what it accomplishes. What a weird deal.

Like not reporting Flair had been in rehab a few years ago.

OR about Charlotte's chops and her spear.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

how deep does the rabbit hole go

I heard her name isn't even really charlotte

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

how deep does the rabbit hole go

I heard her name isn't even really charlotte

SCOOPS: It's not!!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Luigi Thirty posted:

SCOOPS: It's not!!!

Thank you, Scoops Man

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rovert posted:

What is he supposed to report about her chops and spear?

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I can't believe Dave wouldn't tell me where TNA superstar Bram puts his dick. I will be cancelling my subscription immediately.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Dave did call out his close personal friend Vladimir Putin's evil nature though

maybe he's just building up to a big issue wide expose on Charlotte's weak offense not being up to the level of a Sasha Banks or Eva Marie

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
When is Dave going to report that Edge's offense looks like rear end

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jubs posted:

Judging from the police report, Bram is much better at them

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jubs posted:

That's she's bad and should be buried and then released because she's bad and nepotism has no place in wrestling

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Alain Post posted:

When is Dave going to report that Edge's offense looks like rear end

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

achillesforever6 posted:

nepotism has no place in wrestling

Wrestling is basically held together by nepotism at this point.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The dead air after Dave said no one sat on his chest last night cracked me up.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

achillesforever6 posted:

That's she's bad and should be buried and then released because she's bad and nepotism has no place in wrestling

Well yeah she has to be released because NIA JAX is coming.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

rovert posted:

So are you sticking to saying Dave claimed he didn't know they split up or did you go back and listen to where he just said he wasn't sure whether the divorce had been finalized or not?

If I'm off base here and he actually did say that somewhere please let us know because I'm not the only one confused about this apparently. Thanks for all your hard work.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Fight Fight Fight! Fight Fight Fight! Fight Fight Fight! Fight Fight Fight! Fight Fight Fight!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oblique posted:

So are you sticking to saying Dave claimed he didn't know they split up or did you go back and listen to where he just said he wasn't sure whether the divorce had been finalized or not?

If I'm off base here and he actually did say that somewhere please let us know because I'm not the only one confused about this apparently. Thanks for all your hard work.

You have to read between the lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Mob posted:

You have to read between the lines

I'm not saying this stuff for my health.

• Locked thread