Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Been catching up on the multishot thing since it seems to have happened just as I decided to come back. Isn't the entire argument upon changing multishot ultimately flawed because the Vaykor Hek can't slot Scattered Justice because it's specific to regular Heks anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Been catching up on the multishot thing since it seems to have happened just as I decided to come back. Isn't the entire argument upon changing multishot ultimately flawed because the Vaykor Hek can't slot Scattered Justice because it's specific to regular Heks anyways?

The argument for changing is in no way specific to Vaykor Hek.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Having not played this game in ages, what's the state of melee weapons? I used to go up to 50 minutes or so on Tier IV Survival just Dual Ichor+Smokescreen butchering everything as Ash, what other weapons can do that kind of damage? Dual Ichor, Dakra Prime and...what else is solid?

I like melee :shobon:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Finally got around getting Simaris key, was bit of :effort:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Having not played this game in ages, what's the state of melee weapons? I used to go up to 50 minutes or so on Tier IV Survival just Dual Ichor+Smokescreen butchering everything as Ash, what other weapons can do that kind of damage? Dual Ichor, Dakra Prime and...what else is solid?

Good luck doing 40 minutes Survival now that they nerfed Oxygen regen. I hear getting past 30 minutes is a bitch now.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Damage-wise Scindo Prime with the Cleaving Whirlwind stance is the best melee weapon

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also melee weapons and movement are separate. :toot: I mean you can still do the leap attacks to get around if you want but Parkour 2.0 takes care of that far better. No more mobility issues if you want a giant rear end axe

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day
The goon clan dojo is incredible. It's a masterpiece of abstract interior design.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Orthos P especially with Primed Reach. Slice all things in a 10m radius.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Scindo Prime + Cleaving Whirlwind has highest damage potential. Galatine + Tempo Royale is fast considering it's a heavy weapon and one of the short combo (hold back button, spam attack) has huge damage modifier. Dragon Nikana also has high damage and fast if you used Blind Justice. Dakra Prime + Crimson Dervish has combos with huge damage multiplier. Prisma Skana also can use Crimson Dervish and has a syndicate mod that can proc radial damage. Tipedo is also pretty good since it can be built for crit but since Parkour 2.0 it's no longer king of the slashy hill. That's for going against high level enemies. If you wanted to mow down groups of enemies, Tonbo, Orthos Prime, Atterax are great due to range, especially if you can max out Primed Reach. Amphis and Jat Kittag are great for crowd control due to the ground slam and Jat Kittag with Blast damage can be used to baseball bat enemies across the map. And I haven't even started on fun weapons like Obex and Boltace.

Roughly, you need something with high crit chance (15% is low-balling it, 20-25% is ideal), add True Steel and Berserker. Now that stamina is gone, you can go nuts jumping around and wailing your blades at everything. There are quite a bit of viable and fun melee weapons now.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Been playing around with the Synoid Simulor, kinda curious about a few things:

-Does the device need multishot? Seems like I always have to deploy two sphere to activate a black hole
-Is there a way to extend the range of the vaccuum effect?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Highwang posted:

Been playing around with the Synoid Simulor, kinda curious about a few things:

-Does the device need multishot? Seems like I always have to deploy two sphere to activate a black hole
-Is there a way to extend the range of the vaccuum effect?

1: Do NOT slot Multi-shot on the Synoid Simulor. It will instantly pop out a black hole WITHOUT the initial explosion.

2: I don't actually know, so if someone else can help out here?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

As far as I am aware, the aoe for the simulor is fixed and you can't do anything about it.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 7, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Alright I'm itching to try new weapons again. What's the best whip and what's the best tonfa?(pair of tonfas? Pair of tonfa?)

E: VVV Well that's convenient, I made the kronen and was mostly asking to ensure they aren't poo poo.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 7, 2015

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There are only 2 tonfas, both are cool and good.

You have to use one of them to build the other so i recommend getting the ones that are not Boltace first.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

AlphaKretin posted:

Alright I'm itching to try new weapons again. What's the best whip and what's the best tonfa?(pair of tonfas? Pair of tonfa?)

E: VVV Well that's convenient, I made the kronen and was mostly asking to ensure they aren't poo poo.

The tonfas are not poo poo though if you're a pubbie scrub who doesn't know how to actually use weapons that is not Boltor Prime you'd think the tonfas are poo poo. Tonfas should be used mostly on slide attacks. Especially Boltace which has a ludicrous damage on the slide attack. You just have to time it right to hit the enemy while going fast. It's a fun weapon and you look like somesort of badass bone lord with those spiky things on your back.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Speaking of melee weapons, how is the Bo Prime these days? I seem to remember it being apocalyptically strong when it came out, but now I hardly ever see them.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

wid posted:

The tonfas are not poo poo though if you're a pubbie scrub who doesn't know how to actually use weapons that is not Boltor Prime you'd think the tonfas are poo poo. Tonfas should be used mostly on slide attacks. Especially Boltace which has a ludicrous damage on the slide attack. You just have to time it right to hit the enemy while going fast. It's a fun weapon and you look like somesort of badass bone lord with those spiky things on your back.
Nekros with Boltace and the los Dia de Los Muertos skin for that and Soma is my go-to Halloween frame to make los Dios de los Muertos frame. That is until they make a Headless Horseman frame that lets you throw his head at enemies for massive damage and 100% blast proc.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Speaking of melee weapons, how is the Bo Prime these days? I seem to remember it being apocalyptically strong when it came out, but now I hardly ever see them.

It's still strong and good, but people are sick of carrying it after years of coptering.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Oberon is a pretty stylin' dude but I never do anything but spam 1 for something better than Nyx's psychic bolts. Help me lrn2play

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
press 4 sometimes, too.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Press 3 before your pubbies die, and also after that.

Seriously, the heal-over-time slows the bleedout timer.

Also, Scathis mentioned something about the Synoid Simulor having triple(!) the radius of the stock one? I haven't had a chance to see it in action yet, so I guess what I'm trying to say is, um.

I'd really appreciate it if somebody posted a screenshot of their huge balls.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I finally made a Chroma because I have nothing better to do than collect all the frames. Is it actually any good? The abilities seem interesting, but at level 20 without a potato it's hard to tell if they do worthwhile damage.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cicadalek posted:

I finally made a Chroma because I have nothing better to do than collect all the frames. Is it actually any good? The abilities seem interesting, but at level 20 without a potato it's hard to tell if they do worthwhile damage.

Chroma's damage isn't great period. His thing is becoming nigh immortal with Elemental Ward and Vex Armor, that and farming credits with Effigy. :smaug:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The other thing he can do (that I personally prefer) is buffing him for power strength and duration, and plopping Effigy down in a hallway. None shall pass :smaug:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I like his Ward and Vex build, but I also kinda want to try a Damage/efficiency build for defense with a trinity where I just have infinite effigy. suppose thatd be good for money too!

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I kind of want to try that build now. Does anyone have a spare copy of Vigor? :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I like his Ward and Vex build, but I also kinda want to try a Damage/efficiency build for defense with a trinity where I just have infinite effigy. suppose thatd be good for money too!
I feel that effigy lacks damage. It's useful for getting credit, but can only get so far if enemy level starts to rise.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Aesis posted:

I feel that effigy lacks damage. It's useful for getting credit, but can only get so far if enemy level starts to rise.

True enough, but my squad typically dips at 20 minutes cause we're not all super min/maxed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How does Chroma's more cash ability work?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

SynthOrange posted:

How does Chroma's more cash ability work?

Its his effigy, if he kills a thing, they drop double money. I did a derelict with fire on and after like 15 dudes there was a spare 1k on the ground. not terribly great, but better than a stick in the eye

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Being within a certain radius of him as he kills things gives you money or gives a money multiplier, I guess :shrug: I've never tested it, but I do know that for a while, it multiplied by every Effigy. So a four-Chroma squad got hella rich hella fast :whatup:

e;fb

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone is recommending their melee favorites but keep spelling "Glaive" wrong.
Hold to throw a spinning death disc that shreds a room while you fire off your Hek like an idiot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man i forgot about the redeemer. I should polish it off.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

YellerBill posted:

I kind of want to try that build now. Does anyone have a spare copy of Vigor? :v:

If nobody else does, send Eargesplitten a message when I'm online.

Kestrel is better than Glaive because Kestrel ragdolls everything.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 8, 2015

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I had an annoying glitch where I open/closed the menu too quickly ( i think) and my camera got placed directly behind my head. However, when I crouch slid, I got a neato first person view :buddy:

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I had an annoying glitch where I open/closed the menu too quickly ( i think) and my camera got placed directly behind my head. However, when I crouch slid, I got a neato first person view :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1SjJId26iM

It was actually surprisingly playable, reminded me of Jedi Academy a lot when that bug happened. I wanna replay that game but it's $10 on steam and it's only like a $2.50 want.

Also I had a bug where my guns remained holstered, but they still fired. If I was smart I'd say something about hipfiring.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Caffeine IV posted:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Yeah, you can get like 5000p for $50. It's insane, but I'm saving that money for X Com 2 :v:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

LordBaxter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1SjJId26iM

It was actually surprisingly playable, reminded me of Jedi Academy a lot when that bug happened. I wanna replay that game but it's $10 on steam and it's only like a $2.50 want.

Also I had a bug where my guns remained holstered, but they still fired. If I was smart I'd say something about hipfiring.

At least you could still fire. I once had a bug where Excal failed to complete his "put away doom sword" animation. As a result I couldn't use any of my weapons at all until I committed grenieer-assisted suicide and respawned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

:staredog:

Edit: Forgot Seeking Fury. How the hell?

Highwang fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 8, 2015