Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Last time I'll bug everyone on this.

I'm hoping to hold a redraft fantasy football league tonight, Monday 9/7 at 8:30PM ET.

To reiterate, it is a $50 buy in, 12 teams ESPN, 2/3/1 RB/WR/flex, 1 PPR and 6 PPPTD. Winner nets a cool $500. I do a brief commentary every week that I've been told is funny.

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post449543454

We have 7/10 or 12. I'll drop it to 10 people and add a flex position if we can't fill 12. Do your goonly patriotic duty and join .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Its Miller Time posted:

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739014

We have 7/10 or 12. I'll drop it to 10 people and add a flex position if we can't fill 12. Do your goonly patriotic duty and join .

Fixed the link.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Azhais posted:

All Browns DST all the time IMO

Not afraid of the offense costing you points?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
can someone direct me to the rate-a-team thread because im very disheartened by my runningback situation and need to vent

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Out of these three garbage defenses which is my best option lets say the whole season looking into your crystal ball

Steelers
Raiders
Washington

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
"Foster could return in 4 weeks but could be out 6 or more weeks. Team unsure." per Schefter

I was already skeptical about the rosier reports, but 6 or more weeks is farther out than even I was expecting. Had him worth a late 4th in standard, might drop him to late 5th / early 6th.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Out of these three garbage defenses which is my best option lets say the whole season looking into your crystal ball

Steelers
Raiders
Washington

Raiders

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

can someone direct me to the rate-a-team thread because im very disheartened by my runningback situation and need to vent

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736579

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If your RBs are CJ Anderson, Gore, Arian Foster, Gio Bernard, Spiller, Crowell, and Hillman. Do you trade Foster for Greg Olsen? I have Delanie Walker. My WRs are also Julio/Emmanuel/Jordan Mathews/Allen Robinson/VJax. The idea of rolling out CJ/Gore/Foster with Foster as my flex sounds awesome....0.5 PPR

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
With Hill and Matthews in pocket, I went Julio/L. Miller/PeyPey and I kinda regret the PeyPey pick :(

I was gong. To wait on QB but when I saw him in the third some dumb instinct told me to take him.

I grabbed Flacco really let to back him up.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
Jordy Nelson worth keeping in a dynasty league?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hell loving yes he is

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

WobblySausage posted:

Yup.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

WobblySausage posted:

Unless you have ridiculously small benches for a dynasty league, of course he is.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RVProfootballer posted:

Unless you have ridiculously small benches for a dynasty league, of course he is.

Especially since you can probably store him on the IR all year anyway

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Created the week 1 sit/start thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740627

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

thanks.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I know all the reports on Foster have been optimistic, but I honestly don't see a scenario where he comes back before the bye. Either they're doing well enough that they don't need to rush him or are doing poorly enough that they figure the season is lost. Even if they're 4-4 at week 8, I'm assuming he's still out. He had a pretty serious injury that I've never seen anyone, let alone someone with his injury history, come back from that quickly. It's a three month injury minimum and I'm treating it as such until shown otherwise. It's already starting with team uncertainty. If you drafted Foster before you already had 3 RBs and 2-3 WRs, you did it wrong.

I've drafted him in two leagues but it was in the 8th or later as a 4th RB. Any earlier is a gamble you really don't need unless your first 5 picks were absolute home runs

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 8, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

IT HAS BEGUN

Half Moose
Aug 10, 2012

"During the fall mating season, bull moose may be aggressive toward humans due to the high hormone levels they experience."
Trade in a 1 PPR vacuum: Jeremy Hill for Andre Ellington + Anquan Boldin. The team receiving Hill wins this, right?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am in a bigger money 10 person keeper league with a superflex (max roster limit of 2 QB so plays like a 1.9QB league due to bye weeks?), normal scoring. Since it is essentially a 2 QB league, QB tend to go pretty early. However, since the max number of QB that can be held is 20, you are always guaranteed some Flacco/Kaepernick/Dalton tier QB. The typical roster is 2QB 2WR 2RB TE K D. Including my team, there are 7 kept QB, 9 kept RB, and 5 kept WR. I am keeping a QB, RB, and TE (Gronk). I pick last, and there are 4 picks before mine due to keepers, I am guessing the 4 picked will be Forte, then 3 QB/WR. The problem is that I have keepers for my 3rd and 4th round picks, so if I want one of the higher ranked RB or QB listed below, I will need to pick them 5th or 6th overall. I believe there are ~28 non-keeper spots between my first pick of the second round and my last pick of the 5th round, so I am guessing most if not all of these players listed below will be gone by then. I cannot decide whether to go WR/WR, WR/RB, WR/QB, or RB/QB. The worst case scenario would be either going WR/WR and getting an unreliable RB2 and a QB2 like Dalton, or reaching for a RB/QB and then having decent ones still available when it gets to my later picks. I feel that if I do not get Bradford or better as a second QB, I might as well wait until the 15th round because it does not really matter too much whether I have QB15 or QB20. Also, we only start 2 WR, so while having a top tier one is great, at least in later rounds you can still find ones that play, which might not be true for RB. It feels painful to pass up a "safe" top tier WR to reach for a RB or QB that has some warts this early. Any thoughts?

The best players available are:

WR:
Bryant
J. Jones
C. Johnson
AJ Green
Mathews
Cooks
Hopkins
Jeffery
Evans
A. Johnson

RB:
Forte
Gore
Forsett
Hyde
Stewart
L. Murray
McCoy
Foster
Ivory
Yeldon
Martin
Morris

QB:
P. Manning
Brees
Ryan
Romo
Stafford
Bradford
Palmer

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Half Moose posted:

Trade in a 1 PPR vacuum: Jeremy Hill for Andre Ellington + Anquan Boldin. The team receiving Hill wins this, right?

Yup

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Half Moose posted:

Yep.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
IR spots in a Yahoo redraft league are only for players who are on IR/Designated for return, right?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
double post: holy poo poo, my friend has joined a league that has all kinds of weird poo poo:

0.5 per completion
passing yards 10 pt bonus at 375 yards, 5 pts at 300, 3 pts at 200 yards
passing TD 3 pts
sacks -1

rushing
10 yards per point
same weird bonuses 10 pts at 200 yds etc
6 pt rushing TD

receiving yards
20 yards per point :psyduck:
more weird bonuses
receiving TDs 3 pts :psyduck:

and 0.5 PPR

Where can I plug all this weird poo poo in and get a cheatsheet for him?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Is Christine Michael worth stashing?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'd lean towards no. Depends who you'd be dropping for him and how thin the waiver wire is already though.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Doppelganger posted:

His upside is massive, so I'd say yes.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doppelganger posted:

Only in 12+ teamers.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

What's the outlook on Watkins this year? Is he going to suffer from trash QBs?

I have him in both my leagues but he will routinely be up against Steve Smith Sr/Ellington/Maclin/that tier for FLEX and wonder how I should use him (play/bench/trade)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Crazyweasel posted:

What's the outlook on Watkins this year? Is he going to suffer from trash QBs?

I have him in both my leagues but he will routinely be up against Steve Smith Sr/Ellington/Maclin/that tier for FLEX and wonder how I should use him (play/bench/trade)

QB and coach are both going to be working against Watkins. As of now, I'd expect to be starting Maclin over him quite often, and Smith and Ellington over him until they die of old age and break, respectively.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'll be the contrarian and say I think Watkins has Top 15 upside. His rookie season was overshadowed by Evans/ODB but his talent is still great and he did well for himself on ~130 targets with nearly a third of them uncatchable. He's been the MVP of Bills camp, to the point that the Bills are now playing games and refused to show him off in the preseason. I think he makes a jump this year and sees the ~130 targets again while doing a lot more with them this year.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Franks Happy Place posted:

His upside is massive, so I'd say yes.

His raw physical skills are very good but he can't block and fumbles a poo poo ton and he's behind 3 other running backs in Dallas. I'd take Matt Jones from Washington over him.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'm considering dropping Mckinnon for Christine Michael, in case he can grab a chunk of the Dallas timeshare... I don't have AP and already have Matt Jones stashed as well. Drop Mckinnon for him?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

I'll be the contrarian and say I think Watkins has Top 15 upside. His rookie season was overshadowed by Evans/ODB but his talent is still great and he did well for himself on ~130 targets with nearly a third of them uncatchable. He's been the MVP of Bills camp, to the point that the Bills are now playing games and refused to show him off in the preseason. I think he makes a jump this year and sees the ~130 targets again while doing a lot more with them this year.

No Rex Ryan WR has had a 1,000 yard season. Tyrod Taylor is very likely a downgrade from Orton. Lesean McCoy is going to be the focal point of the offense. The Bills defense is going to keep them in close games, so they aren't going to start slinging the ball a ton very often. Charles Clay should get more targets than Scott Chandler did. The talent is 100% there with Watkins, but that is a crushing situation for any WR.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Aguamoose posted:

I'm considering dropping Mckinnon for Christine Michael, in case he can grab a chunk of the Dallas timeshare... I don't have AP and already have Matt Jones stashed as well. Drop Mckinnon for him?

no, i'd keep mckinnon. much safer bet.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
I think Christine Michael is worth a pickup in most leagues. He's as good a lotto ticket at RB as you'll find- the O-line in Dallas is great and no one in front of him is super talented. He's a great athlete with good hands. Though he has fumbling issues, so did DeMarco Murray. The main concern with him is that he's not a spectacular blocker but even so, he's got as good a shot as any back in Dallas of winning the starting job. I'd probably take him over McKinnon.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Keep McKinnon. Only takes one guy to go down for him to get a whole load of action. Not touching any RB in Dallas right now.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

RVProfootballer posted:

No Rex Ryan WR has had a 1,000 yard season.
Rex Ryan's QBs have had more to do with that than the WRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RVProfootballer posted:

No Rex Ryan WR has had a 1,000 yard season. Tyrod Taylor is very likely a downgrade from Orton. Lesean McCoy is going to be the focal point of the offense. The Bills defense is going to keep them in close games, so they aren't going to start slinging the ball a ton very often. Charles Clay should get more targets than Scott Chandler did. The talent is 100% there with Watkins, but that is a crushing situation for any WR.
He's the best player on the team who can separate at will and make plays after the catch. He doesn't need great QB play to put up fantasy numbers and I'm not sure Taylor is a downgrade from last year. Rex falls with love with certain concepts on offense and the way they've been hiding him this preseason, I believe they want to feature him a ton in the passing game. Everyone writes him off because of the situation but I believe he has much more upside than people give him credit for at the moment.

• Locked thread