Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

holy poo poo games forum goons are something else

in other news, i figured out how to set "get schwifty" as my helicopter music

Ps4 or PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pc, sorry

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

God damnit. Is there any way to pipe sick beats on ps4?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

spotify or music underground via the ps4 app

or you can play music over the native ps4 mp3 app

you cant use custom tunes for helicopter on ps4 though. you can on ps3 and 360 and pc.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah, get a PC. I can't describe how funny it is to watch a pink helicopter smoke a base while this plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A

Need to figure out shadowplay tomorrow so I can start making videos.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
just back home from IL

gears'd it all day

so much homework left undone

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I just gotta keep retrieving these in game music tapes I guess. I found Maneater, and then Fulton'd the guy listening to it, that's p funny.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

:stare:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah, get a PC. I can't describe how funny it is to watch a pink helicopter smoke a base while this plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A

Need to figure out shadowplay tomorrow so I can start making videos.

turn on geforce experience, click the shadowplay button in the upper right, click the power button on the shadowplay tab that opens up and set up your options. in game make sure its set to fullscreen it wont work with borderless fullscreen. when shadowplay is running youll see a small grey box with a white circle inside it in your lower right corner

i been using madonnas like a virgin for my helo music lately. works pretty well i feel

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy poo poo subsistance mode is incredible

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've used:

Starship Troopers OST - Klendathu Drop
Little Richard - Long Tall Sally (from Predator)
Toto - Africa

Toto is getting a little old so I'm going to find something else today.

edit: oh poo poo, I should get the team america theme.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Thanks to whomever it was that suggested Surfin' Bird. Owns.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

:stonklol:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm borderline retarded: how do you ally with other players for FOB defense and such?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm borderline retarded: how do you ally with other players for FOB defense and such?

I wouldn't say you're borderline, just firmly entrenched in the DMZ.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

I wouldn't say you're borderline, just firmly entrenched in the DMZ.

Any new feedback from your dad?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Game breaking bug found in mgs v dogge for real.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=buffer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

Any new feedback from your dad?

My brother went over lastnight to have dinner with him and my mom and my dad had just gotten DD as a partner, whom he had no idea about, and he was spending the whole half hour he was playing it while my brother was over just sicking DD on people and petting him after he shot them in the face while they were fighting the dog.

Honestly I'm surprised he's playing it this way, the man religiously played all the Splinter Cell games as full-stealth as possible, but on this one he's mostly stealthing poo poo to get the main objective done, then when told to go to the LZ he just takes his suppressors off and starts massive gunfights as he slaughters everything between him and the chopper. He doesn't even carry a tranq most of the time it seems, just full lethal and anyone he needs to capture he just shoots to wound and carries them to the chopper.

I hope I can have that much fun with games in my early 60s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Got shadowplay and some editing software to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MNJIJCsdQ

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^^^^^^^^^^How do you put stun grenades under boxes?

Your dad gets video games.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Electric stun dummies and smoke boxes are unlockable research projects.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Leather Bear posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^How do you put stun grenades under boxes?

Your dad gets video games.

Yeah. he really does. I wish I could convince him to record some of his play time too, because some of the poo poo I've seen him do is downright brilliant. Like taking the big ruined palace in Afghan by sniping a few dudes with the suppressed sniper rifle, getting the base on alert, peppering them with unsuppressed MG fire to make them all bunch up in one spot to get cover, then calling in artillery to mop them up. Then he just walks in to the base, fultons everything not nailed down and waits for the guys to come up in trucks and jeeps to reinforce the base he just wiped out so he can steal their vehicles and sell them.

All the while he's just listening to some music in the background and having sips of Miller Lite while he waits/travels to the next location

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm still laughing about him referring to Quiet as a 'street walker'

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
her full name is titty sniper street walker

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just want to say once again your father loving owns and is an inspiration to us all. Please find a way to get him to record gameplay.

^^street walker line had me lmaoing hard.

His gameplay tactics sound really awesome to boot.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

His gameplay tactics sound really awesome to boot.

Seriously, I wouldn't even think of playing like that. I get too focused on sneaking and fultoning everything I see and then when I gently caress up I shoot everybody and run.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Wanna be like that dad if I make it to retirement age before the burn pits take my lungs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

Wanna be like that dad if I make it to retirement age before the burn pits take my lungs.

Honestly my dad is GiP as gently caress but refuses to use the internet for anything aside from email and buying electronics.

6 years in the Marines, including a tour in Vietnam, but he was Air Wing so it wasn't that bad, he just worked on the electronics of the A4. Then he ended up in a helicopter that crashed while in the Philippines and hosed up his neck so bad they discharged him, so he used his GI Bill to get a Electrical Engineering degree, then like an idiot he enlisted in the Army and went SIGINT and did 24 years there before retiring as an E-8 and then took a contracting gig with one of the NSA's big cyber security companies doing Y2K testing from the mid 90s before he got hired on as an adviser of some capacity for the NSA/DISA brain-trust that handles contract eligibility. He just spends all his downtime playing games, collecting Star Trek poo poo , building model trains and watching old movies and TV shows, though my siblings and I have made him a pretty big Archer fan recently.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Honestly my dad is GiP as gently caress but refuses to use the internet for anything aside from email and buying electronics.

6 years in the Marines, including a tour in Vietnam, but he was Air Wing so it wasn't that bad, he just worked on the electronics of the A4. Then he ended up in a helicopter that crashed while in the Philippines and hosed up his neck so bad they discharged him, so he used his GI Bill to get a Electrical Engineering degree, then like an idiot he enlisted in the Army and went SIGINT and did 24 years there before retiring as an E-8 and then took a contracting gig with one of the NSA's big cyber security companies doing Y2K testing from the mid 90s before he got hired on as an adviser of some capacity for the NSA/DISA brain-trust that handles contract eligibility. He just spends all his downtime playing games, collecting Star Trek poo poo , building model trains and watching old movies and TV shows, though my siblings and I have made him a pretty big Archer fan recently.

Your dad is cool as gently caress. Archer fan and awesome MSG5 player?

On Mission 13 - 42 hours played.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

TCD posted:

Your dad is cool as gently caress.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you check how long you've played on a PS4? I only have like 18%. That said some of those hours were letting it run in the chopper to build up stuff at night.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hit pause, go to records

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gfanikf posted:

How do you check how long you've played on a PS4? I only have like 18%. That said some of those hours were letting it run in the chopper to build up stuff at night.

click on the lower left corner of the touchpad and select "records"

i beat the first subsistance mission with an s-rank. oh man i love that they put challenge missions in

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What's subsistence

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Leather Bear posted:

What's subsistence

once you beat the first chapter you can play new missions that have modifiers

extreme mode (much harder ai, no reflex/chicken hat)

subsistance (no buddies, no support, no starting equipment except for your robot hand/fulron, all items are procured during the mission)

and total stealth (you get seen, you fail)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i haven't tried the subsistence missions yet, but i wish there was a way to just unequip everything normally instead of being forced to have a rifle and handgun.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Is the first chapter where you raid the place to stop the thing because I think I'm on that mission now. It's a pretty obvious end of a plot arc so it sounds like I'm there.

• Locked thread