Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
I was looking on Craigslist for a workout partner and actually found a group of people that seem pretty fit, kind and legit. They're doing "cross fit" which sounds pretty appealing -- almost no specialized equipment needed and some of these dudes have gotten loving RIPPED from it.

Pretty excited to start. Anyone have any experience with cross fit or tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

I'd be able to deadlift 480lbs too if I had a huge ziplock bag of cocaine next to me.

Helps with the weight loss too!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Started 5/3/1 this week.

Trip report: accessory work is by far the hardest part.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Lunixnerd posted:

I'd be able to deadlift 480lbs too if I had a huge ziplock bag of cocaine next to me.

lmao if you can't DL 500lbs.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

I was looking on Craigslist for a workout partner and actually found a group of people that seem pretty fit, kind and legit. They're doing "cross fit" which sounds pretty appealing -- almost no specialized equipment needed and some of these dudes have gotten loving RIPPED from it.

if he offers to reciprocate, follow him into the showers

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

ashgromnies posted:

I was looking on Craigslist for a workout partner
Is that what we're calling it now

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What do you call it? Workout buddy? Workout bro? I think partner is fine.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ashgromnies posted:

bring various sized condoms unless you are looking to get poz loads

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

What do you call it? Workout buddy? Workout bro? I think partner is fine.

Friends with benefits

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I didn't injure myself but I didn't get far either. 4 reps at 440lbs.

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

Fairly passive posted:

I didn't injure myself but I didn't get far either. 4 reps at 440lbs.

Better the 2 reps @500lbs and a broken back forever loosing your gains.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Some kid like 15 or so nearly injued himself falling in the middle of a clean and jerk and started crying. Just like lost his balance coming up from the ground and fell back. He just lay on the ground red faced and crying heavily while a trainer tried to help. He wasn't hurt just really embarrassed. :(

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm the 50 year old Gold's Fit lady up at 5:30 AM who never gets any healthier

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

ChickenWyngz posted:

Some kid like 15 or so nearly injued himself falling in the middle of a clean and jerk and started crying. Just like lost his balance coming up from the ground and fell back. He just lay on the ground red faced and crying heavily while a trainer tried to help. He wasn't hurt just really embarrassed. :(

stab his rear end with roids and tell him he owns before he gives up on lifting heavy things forever and becomes a fat

dude needs reinforcement quick bc TRYING to be strong is the next best thing to being strong which is good, even if you drop heavy things and cry

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Saw a big and strong dude oly lifting in a commercial gym with bumper plates. Everything as legit as could be, guy was a beast. Then he set up the rack to jerk (the pressing motion, right?) and attempted 350. He allllmost made it but missed it to the side, 350 comes crashing down on one safety/floor. Nobody hurt just not something you see every day.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

:gonk:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
God drat that dudes heart is putting in overtime

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

dam freddy puttin in WORK for te next reboot

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You guys are mean to make fun of that man and his obvious lack of a skull

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You know how your chin wrinkles up when you pout your lips? His entire scalp is doing that lmfao

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I get wanting to be big and stuff, but that's disgusting

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Any of you ever see Stallone in Over the Top? He played a buff dude who drove freight as a joe-job but was a legend in the arm wrestling circuit. He had a small cable stack in his truck so that he could keep his right arm pumped when he was on the road.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

'ere it is

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
so i strained my back being careless with a 50lb db, pretty bad i was drat near crippled for 2days. been doing ddp yoga for the past week and its improved a ton. cant recommend it enough for rehabing injuries

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

Sonofsilversign posted:

so i strained my back being careless with a 50lb db, pretty bad i was drat near crippled for 2days. been doing ddp yoga for the past week and its improved a ton. cant recommend it enough for rehabing injuries

How does this work, 2 yoga dudes downward dogging your backside? I just plank and work the gently caress out of my core.

Edit: I missed you #swolethread. I was one of only 4 losers who didn't have anything better to do on Labor Day so I wen't to the gym like I always do on Monday. How was yalls Labor Day?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

El Duderino posted:

How does this work, 2 yoga dudes downward dogging your backside? I just plank and work the gently caress out of my core.

Edit: I missed you #swolethread. I was one of only 4 losers who didn't have anything better to do on Labor Day so I wen't to the gym like I always do on Monday. How was yalls Labor Day?

We have no Labor Day, so instead I laboured in the gym, bench-pressing and dipping to my heart's content. Although, I'm losing a little bit of strength due to a cut, which sucks.

Today is deadlift day :getin:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

El Duderino posted:

its a series of power yoga workout videos developed by pro wrester diamond dallas paige, he started it for ex wrestlers whos bodies were to hosed up to do impact exercise. its good poo poo, not gonna get you big but good for building core/hips/legs and strengthening joints. plus the flexibility makes it way easier to fit in the dudes for my triple anal gently caress sesh on the weekend

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ive lost no strenht on this cut ☺️ Bit its been a very slow and stedy marginal cut

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sonofsilversign posted:

plus the flexibility makes it way easier to fit in the dudes for my triple anal gently caress sesh on the weekend

Sold

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
Swolethread help me. I'm >30. Casually lifting for a couple years. Last month when getting up from the pc my neck got hella stiff and painful, to the point where I couldn't turn it. It loosened up over a few days though turning left was still a challenge. I hadn't lifted since a squat day the day before.

Two days ago the same thing happened but during a power clean + press. It's not as bad as before but still sucks in the morning and gets better throughout the day.

Can I foam roll it out? Use that icy hot poo poo? Is this an Old Man Problem or a legit concern? I don't have a pocket twink to rub it out

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Call up your doc and get that sweet candy and/or physical therapy. That's one of the few good things about being an old man.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
One of my shoulders clicks when I do pull ups. Is that bad?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Is it an actual click like bones nashing? Or is it more like a bass guitar string strum?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think the latter? I'm not sure what either is suppose to sound or feel like.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If it's the latter then I get the same thing, my doc said it's tendons sliding and bouncing off of bone processes. If it doesn't hurt you then don't worry about it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I got a p dece workout in on labour day (cant skip them leg days), gym closed early so I had to go in the morning, wasn't a ton of dudes around which made it pretty pleasant, A+ would squat on a holiday again

i get some joint clicking in my knees a bit at the start of a gym week, i just attribute it to not being properly warmed up + prolly in poor shape from when I was a fatass who did no exercises

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Swole thread, I'm happy to see many of you posting about Diablo, the best prehab there is

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Take two scoops of Diablo 3 before any PR attempts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

El Duderino posted:

I was one of only 4 losers who didn't have anything better to do on Labor Day so I wen't to the gym like I always do on Monday. How was yalls Labor Day?

Visited some relatives over the weekend. On Saturday night/Sunday morning it rained so much that we awoke to very wet carpeting in one of the basement bedrooms. Spent the morning ripping out soaking wet carpeting/padding and pulling trim off to try and salvage it. It was a free workout on a planned rest day.

Brought :siren:my girlfriend:siren: with me to the gym on Labor Day. Nearly empty, good times.

• Locked thread