Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's a few episodes late, but I love this shot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Conot posted:

I wonder if they have a concept of discretion, or they're gonna start eating people in plain view. They don't seem bothered by Jou seeing that.

It probably won't matter much either way, I doubt Jou's going to get eaten and once he spreads the word it'll be big-time Gatchaman action scene crackdown time. I'm also pretty sure Jou's anti-social friend, and any other people eaten, will get spit back out with no ill effects by the end of the season.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eagerly waiting to see if they post character art on their tweeter before they air. Last week it was allen and something bad happened to him, lets see whos next.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
gatcha!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Episode was delayed a few minutes so that they can show some japanese opinion on the fashion fund or something like that. So instead of blaming sports, lets blame fashion designers today.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fashion is danger

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its starting now!

e-holy poo poo. Geruru!

vvv
Japanese raw stream. English will be up in like 2 hours.

Spoilers/synopsis

Gel starts to show his claws, Tsubasa cannot deal with people getting hurt by the Kuus runs away, Hajime understands that the Kuus are a representation of air/atmosphere/kuuki, people start to resent/hate the gatchamen, Paipai loses the kids in his day care, Utsusu is very very gloomy, Sugane loses his hags, Hajime tries to get Rui but hes still being gang aped by the Kuus, X instead listens to her. Hajime tells her that she's Rui's friend and she should try to help her, being the closest to him. X arreigns to have a meeting with Rizumu to try and have him snap Rui back, he fails in the end congratulating him for finally updating the world which actually gets a response from him. Oh and Jou gets his seasonal beating by Gel with a side of Sugane paying for his stupidity.

Episode kind of felt slow but still flew by really fast. Dont know how the gently caress thats possible.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 5, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's not available for me, very un-gatcha

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gatcha-cha-cha

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no... sugane's lost his college babes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

no... sugane's lost his college babes

And ran back to Jou

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"When the scarlet conductor changes his melody, the people will lose their own colors, and bear their fangs in err at the colorless wind."

I guess it means Gel will be persuaded by Tsubasa to not unite everyone in the way he's doing it, but it's too late because everyone's coked up on the Kuus and will attempt to attack Gel because he goes against the atmosphere?

Unless the scarlet conductor refers to Rizumi?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

And ran back to Jou

yes... good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Terper posted:

"When the scarlet conductor changes his melody, the people will lose their own colors, and bear their fangs in err at the colorless wind."

I guess it means Gel will be persuaded by Tsubasa to not unite everyone in the way he's doing it, but it's too late because everyone's coked up on the Kuus and will attempt to attack Gel because he goes against the atmosphere?

The scarlet conductor is definitely Rizumi. Gel is the colorless wind, he doesn't really have an opinion or will and just does what it takes to unite people. he doesn't create the atmosphere like people did/do.

It's why everyone has to go protect Gel, because the situation is about to turn.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Terper posted:

I'd say that's more probable.

Rizumu changed his opinion from being incarcerated, and is now plotting some way to change things. Maybe have those who don't like the Kuus become Red CROWDS, and attack Gel, even though he's not really the one in control. This could provoke a civil war between Red CROWDS and Kuus, with normal people caught in the middle.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Terper posted:

I think Rizumu is the Scarlet Conductor, who's about to turn everybody against Gel, the Colorless Wind. That's why he referenced changing the atmosphere and Hajime ran off to protect Gel.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rizumu's "guest" being a tablet was great lol

e: same for Neo-100 Dad Solid Snaking around because of the Kuus

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Man, how many children have the Kuu eaten up to this point?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to atmosphere, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence." Immortan Hajime

I dont think the poem is as cut and dry as it may appear. Yeah Rizumu is almost certainly the scarlet conductor, Gel is the invisible storm colorless wind and the fangs are more likely than not crowds. But I dont think Hajime's intent is to protect Gel just because Gel needs protecting since he should be more than capable of protecting himself. Its what'll happen to Gel once he gets rejected by everyone thats a big unknown.

Rizumu is intriguing me though. The dude seemed pretty apathetic to what was happening in the outside, sure he didnt look happy but by his own admission he didnt feel like doing anything. But after seeing Rui in his state he decides to do a 180. People are using the Kuus like he thought people would use the crowds, so he cant be happy there. But his endgame doesn't seem attached to them anyways.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 6, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Have they always been voting for "Let Gel handle it" in the OP?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Senerio posted:

Have they always been voting for "Let Gel handle it" in the OP?

Well, things would go a lot easier if we didn't have to think about these political problems and issues, right?

(Yep.)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Fangz posted:

Man, how many children have the Kuu eaten up to this point?

Well that depends, just how likely do you think it is that 3 or more children wanted to do something and any smaller number of them wanted to do something else? So yeah, literally thousands of children should be missing at this point.

This episode did a good job of revealing exactly what's up with the Kuus, and how they're creating a society that is somehow more terrifying and dystopian than the one in Psycho-Pass, an anime that featured someone being beaten to death in a crowd while dozens of bystanders looked on not knowing what the hell to do.

Solid Mana Dad was rad too.

I hadn't considered that Rizumu could be the Scarlet Conductor, but now that you mention it that totally makes the most sense. I think we're heading for a Crowds vs. Kuus mass face-off, kind of like the crowds on crowds combat at the end of season 1.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
In theory, all that Rizumu or the Gatchas have to do is make everyone want the Kuus to go away, and they'll go away.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Jesus Christ, are people really advocating what amounts to murder because "he played loud music at night"? I know people can be vindictive and assholes, but that still seems a little... cold?

Its especially mind bending that they couldn't see anything wrong with people backing down about minor poo poo like social get togethers because they are effectively being threatened with murder.

Also, Jou nooooooooo And Sugane, stop slipping back into your everyman role, we already have like, 3 of those this season.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Conot posted:

Jesus Christ, are people really advocating what amounts to murder because "he played loud music at night"? I know people can be vindictive and assholes, but that still seems a little... cold?

Its especially mind bending that they couldn't see anything wrong with people backing down about minor poo poo like social get togethers because they are effectively being threatened with murder.

Also, Jou nooooooooo And Sugane, stop slipping back into your everyman role, we already have like, 3 of those this season.

Well, the Kuu seem to operate based on what people *seem* to feel. Like, if the majority is happy to live in blissful ignorance, are you going to be part of the minority that thinks the Kuu are bad? Maybe if they could think freely, some kind of opposition can form, but no one wants to be the first to poke their head above the parapet.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Conot posted:

Jesus Christ, are people really advocating what amounts to murder because "he played loud music at night"? I know people can be vindictive and assholes, but that still seems a little... cold?[/spoiler]
I don't think they're advocating murder so much as just wishing that person would disappear. And the system works!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Kuus are made of monkey's paws.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm annoyed that I didn't get the Kuu -> Kuu(ki) [Atmosphere/Air] connection sooner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They mentioned it in like episode 2 or 3 when they show up for the first time as the normal faces :v:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They mentioned it in like episode 2 or 3 when they show up for the first time as the normal faces :v:

Oh, Kuu is what they called the speech bubbles before they became the plushes, wasn't it? I'd just completely forgotten about it then. I'm still dumb.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think it's a very japanese metaphor to associate the mood of the crowd with wind.

The Kuus are the Id to the CROWDS superego.

Conot posted:

Gatchaman Crowds/Insight is an innately absurd show, because it is designed to work at an allegorical level. Go into literalism and it falls apart much faster than any other superhero show.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

NowonSA posted:

This episode did a good job of revealing exactly what's up with the Kuus, and how they're creating a society that is somehow more terrifying and dystopian than the one in Psycho-Pass, an anime that featured someone being beaten to death in a crowd while dozens of bystanders looked on not knowing what the hell to do.

It's actually more effective than P-P because it doesn't rely on extreme violence to get it's message across. There's always so many random strangers I can see die per episode before I forget to care.

Also, isn't it weird that none of the Kuu have tried eating Rizumu yet?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well, Psycho Pass does its world-building alongside a police procedural show, while here, the social commentary is front and centre.

And I don't think Kuu's can be autonomously detached from the caster like a CROWDS, they are anchored to the person manifesting it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad that Sugane has joined Jou to form a jobber team

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baal posted:

I'm glad that Sugane has joined Jou to form a jobber team

I've read some doujins about that.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm sad that Sugane lost his posse of cute girls. I wish he could catch a break.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm sad that Sugane lost his posse of cute girls. I wish he could catch a break.

He gained Jou, which is probably at least equal value.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Pink haired still wanted him but she was under duress of imminent vore if she didn't comply. The other girls are horrible and should probably die disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

And I don't think Kuu's can be autonomously detached from the caster like a CROWDS, they are anchored to the person manifesting it.

No, they can definitely roam about. How else would Rui have eight of them?

• Locked thread