Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mariooncrack posted:

He's talking about Jurassic Bark, an episode of Futurama:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Bark

Yeaaaaah I can understand why someone would become a blubbering mess watching that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

QuarkMartial posted:

I've done a ton of deliveries in a short amount of time before, but I'm not sure what my delivery per hour rate is. I do know that there are days where I'm not in the store more than 30 minutes out of an 8 hour shift.

AI: Content - I deliver parts :v:

More AI: Started watching Narcos. I'm pretty sure there's a 83-86ish Ford in a parking garage in a scene that takes place in 1979. :v:

There's a lot of car inaccuracies, including modern luxury SUVs that drive out past focus.

If you want to be really pissed watch the first season of The Americans.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

mariooncrack posted:

He's talking about Jurassic Bark, an episode of Futurama:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Bark
oh. OK. That makes more sense.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeaaaaah I can understand why someone would become a blubbering mess watching that one.

Because dog lovers are mentally deficient?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

blk posted:

There's a lot of car inaccuracies, including modern luxury SUVs that drive out past focus.

If you want to be really pissed watch the first season of The Americans.

Watching it now and they just featured a E39 somewhere between 89 and 91 in the story.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

14 INCH DICK posted:

Because it's a depressing bit of dramatic irony that touched on feelings of loss that the majority of the audience will be familiar with you weenie.

some texas redneck posted:

Still a serious fuckup on his part, and he's going to have to answer to both his boss and the owner. Unfortunately, the opening manager will also have to answer to them, as I took two triples today (that's a huge no-no).

You aren't supposed to do this? poo poo. I take two or three triples in a row on busy nights. My records seven at once. :v:

Doesnt help that of the four drivers scheduled on any given night one will call out and the other two will be gone by 9 because "that's when I'm scheduled to leave". Thanks for leaving me with 6 deliveries and the entire days worth of dishes you cunts.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 8, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ugh this sickness is still kicking my loving rear end, ive been posting coherently but ive basically felt like ive been hit by a freight train all loving day long

think i'm gonna have to stay home from school tomorrow even, gently caress

anyway, tangentially related to pizzachat this gif made me laugh so here have it on me before it ry to loving sleep

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

14 INCH DICK posted:

As opposed to cat lovers?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The wife said she wants to start trying to have kids and I am freaking the gently caress out.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Am I insane? (well, yes, but I mean in this specific instance)

I've wanted, for a very long time, a 3rd generation Subaru Liberty sedan (Legacy outside Australia) - but all the manual ones seem to have the boring slowpoke 2.5L NA motor which makes something like 167hp. Not so awesome.

Like so:

Subaru made a model they called here the B4 and in Japan the GT, which had the ~260hp twin-sequential-turbo EJ206/EJ208 from the WRX. Examples left in the country are mostly either absurdly overpriced or completely and totally wrecked by their HEAPS HEKTIK BRO owners.

I was having a look through the Import Monster (a local japanese car importer) listings and I found this absolutely glorious looking example of a Legacy GT Bilstein, which (as the name suggests) has factory Bilstein coilovers, etc etc etc - all kinds of super nice stuff.

I can't straight up import it, sadly, as the B4 model sold locally was effectively the same, so it's banned from import. I can get a front cut, though, and all up it's looking at being an eminently reasonable amount of money to bring in the front cut (which consists, apparently, of pretty much the entire car minus the bodyshell from the A pillar back - i get all the interior, suspension, everything).

Alright, what do I do with it, then?

I found a B4 locally for ~$2000 which has hella rod knock (poor thing) - apparently it's fairly straightforward to swap the JDM engine and gubbins (with a lot less kilometres on them) into the car, and fairly straightforward to tune it up to around 340 crank horsepower, which is verrrrrry nice.

AWD, ~1600kg, twin turbo, 5 speed manual, practical, basically perfect (in my eyes).

Plus I get to put on one of these awesome scooped hoods:

If the answer is a shia lebouf-style "DO IT" then do I pick the $2000 donor car which runs but knocks like it's going out of style and has minor hail damage, or the $2500 donor car which doesn't run but has less kms on the clock and no body damage?

E: also please let me know if i'm better off putting this in another thread or in its own thread, I'm still fairly new to the whole actually posting and not just lurking thing.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 8, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Buy the undamaged body, you'll spend more than 500 getting hail damage sorted.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

MustardFacial posted:

The wife said she wants to start trying to have kids and I am freaking the gently caress out.

With you?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

literally a fish posted:

I can't straight up import it, sadly, as the B4 model sold locally was effectively the same, so it's banned from import.

Can you elaborate on this? You're in Australia?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Cakefool posted:

Buy the undamaged body, you'll spend more than 500 getting hail damage sorted.

Fair call. Undamaged it is. Gonna go have a look at it tomorrow.

bolind posted:

Can you elaborate on this? You're in Australia?

Sure thing. I'm in Australia, yes, and the import law says that if a car was ever available here as a "full volume" model, you can't import one from overseas except in very specific circumstances ("i have owned this car overseas and used it regularly for more than 12 months" is pretty much it)

As the Liberty B4 is effectively identical to the Legacy GT, it's banned. Will not make it through customs without a lot of arguing and swearing to the government that you will never drive it on public roads.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

14 INCH DICK posted:

I don't like you anymore.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

14 INCH DICK posted:

Dogs are better than people.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Dogs are better than people.

Honestly cant aargue with that and I'm a cat person

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
I am a little child. i am sitting looking at my phone waiting for the dealer calling to let me know i can pick up the amarok. well, atleast i can bill my customer while i sit here :D

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is that the pickup that looks like a jetta on steroids?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Please gently caress let someone else at work drive the 3 hours this morning. I think I am still a little drunk. Ugh. Need. Sleep.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes, but about 5 minutes later you're cheering for the hellish shitfest Wick rains down and it doesnt matter anymore. TBH it's the basest of audience manipulation and normally that's stupid. Not in this case - in John Wick it's simple and it puts you square in Wicks corner in lusting for bullet flying revenge.

There's simple and then there's well executed. Wick is one of the truly rare examples of when both happen.

I enjoy films with simple set ups, if I want ridiculously thick plotlines and confusing bullshit there's plenty to watch. Sometimes I want to sit down and watch something play out in a very satisfying, straightforward manner and this was it. The line he delivers about his wife and dog and what it meant was delivered pretty loving impressively. Reeves did a fine job with this part. Also it looked glorious, the lighting in the scenes and general locations were fantastic.

I have two MINOR niggles with it and that is the CGI blood and the soundtrack being a little odd in places. Outside of that it was glorious. 100 minute run time too so it was perfect.

Any more films like that? I'm already well aware of the two Raid films, Dredd and indeed a whole stack of classic Hong Kong action films but I need more.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

88h88 posted:

Any more films like that? I'm already well aware of the two Raid films, Dredd and indeed a whole stack of classic Hong Kong action films but I need more.

Kingsmen. Great simple action and also hilarious. The church brawl has to be seen to be believed

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

88h88 posted:

I enjoy films with simple set ups, if I want ridiculously thick plotlines and confusing bullshit there's plenty to watch. Sometimes I want to sit down and watch something play out in a very satisfying, straightforward manner and this was it. The line he delivers about his wife and dog and what it meant was delivered pretty loving impressively. Reeves did a fine job with this part. Also it looked glorious, the lighting in the scenes and general locations were fantastic.

I have two MINOR niggles with it and that is the CGI blood and the soundtrack being a little odd in places. Outside of that it was glorious. 100 minute run time too so it was perfect.

I really liked The Equalizer, with Denzel Washington. It's very comparable to John Wick, with the action being a little less clever.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

I remember that conversation. I'd been wanting kids for a while, but when my wife finally agreed with me I was holy 'Oh holy poo poo.'

We now have a 3 week old son and it's awesome.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

angryhampster posted:

I really liked The Equalizer, with Denzel Washington. It's very comparable to John Wick, with the action being a little less clever.

No it's really not. By itself it's crap. Compared to John Wick? :getout:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kingsmen. Great simple action and also hilarious. The church brawl has to be seen to be believed

Saw that at the cinema when it came out, there's was gently caress all buzz about it and I didn't know what I was going to be seeing as I didn't even find out what it was about before getting there. Really enjoyed it! I loved the obvious nods to lovely James Bond film sets and architecture, and that church scene was immense. :D

angryhampster posted:

Backov posted:

No it's really not. By itself it's crap. Compared to John Wick? :getout:

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kingsmen is a great one because it doesn't take itself seriously at all http://imgur.com/gallery/wyFbOHm

I think I need a weekend to recover from last weekend, drat. Prepped two bikes for the track this weekend, did a ton of lawn/house poo poo that I had been neglecting and cooked way too much food. Then spent several house playing slip-n-slide kickball last night. Amazingly no one broke anything but holy poo poo am I sore and covered in bruises. Would have been brutal if more people would have showed up.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Kingsmen is a great one because it doesn't take itself seriously at all http://imgur.com/gallery/wyFbOHm

I was the only person in the entire cinema that laughed out loud at this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

:stare: This is the greatest terminal emulator ever for SSH. Ever.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

:stare: This is the greatest terminal emulator ever for SSH. Ever.

Beats PuTTY, although that's a pretty low bar. Too much decoration around the terminal IMO tho, menu bars and status lines and such. My ideal is just xterm running in a tiling window manager.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pham Nuwen posted:

Beats PuTTY, although that's a pretty low bar. Too much decoration around the terminal IMO tho, menu bars and status lines and such. My ideal is just xterm running in a tiling window manager.

I think the biggest appeal is: If you connect to an SSH session, it automatically also opens SFTP so I can grab/drop files from a system without dancing around a separate client.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

14 INCH DICK posted:

How did you feel about enemy at the gates

Common, no man likes Jude Law.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

angryhampster posted:

Equalizer was OK, but Wick was still quite a bit better.

The funny thing to me is the second part of Wick, after he leaves the continental, just turns stupid to me. And it's still an awesome movie somehow.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

ilkhan posted:

Equalizer was OK, but Wick was still quite a bit better.

The funny thing to me is the second part of Wick, after he leaves the continental, just turns stupid to me. And it's still an awesome movie somehow.

Hes really good at shooting people point blank in the face. I think thats the draw factor.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

I think the biggest appeal is: If you connect to an SSH session, it automatically also opens SFTP so I can grab/drop files from a system without dancing around a separate client.

:aaa: This would be useful for me.

In other news, C&D's Lightning Lap is out.

ND: 3:20.8
Ecoboost Moosewang: 3:15.6
Golf R: 3:12.3
Affffffff 4C: 3:08.8
Moosewang GT: 3:05.2
AMG C63 S: 2:59.2
911 GT3: 2:50.4
Huracan LP610-4: 2:47.5
McLaren 650S Spider: 2:45.8
Vette Zed Oh Sixer: 2:44.6

I'm the most impressed with the Mustang GT time, but that Z06 lap is loving insane. The only thing faster than it is the 918.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You will arrive at Valhalla, shiny and... goooooold?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

angryhampster posted:

I remember that conversation. I'd been wanting kids for a while, but when my wife finally agreed with me I was holy 'Oh holy poo poo.'

We now have a 3 week old son and it's awesome.

I didn't want to say this to her but, I don't really see an upside to it. Having a kid shuts a lot of doors for you, it takes all of your spare cash, and there's also the fact that if you gently caress this up you end up raising the kid to be a lovely person.

I can barely take care of myself. How well am I going to be able to take care of a kid?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

MustardFacial posted:

I can barely take care of myself. How well am I going to be able to take care of a kid?

Isn't this what everyone thinks before having a kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

MustardFacial posted:

I didn't want to say this to her but, I don't really see an upside to it. Having a kid shuts a lot of doors for you, it takes all of your spare cash, and there's also the fact that if you gently caress this up you end up raising the kid to be a lovely person.

A lot of this is perspective. I'm not trying to say you're looking at it wrong, but consider the flip side of the coin...

Having kids opens a lot of other doors to experiences you would never imagine otherwise. It's only money, you'll spend it somewhere anyways, and well, sometimes it's not even up to you whether the kid will be hosed up or not. *shrug*

Good luck on whatever path you and your other half choose - having kids is definitely not for everyone, but I could never go back, even with how hard it is right now (the new buzzword I'm hearing is "threenager" - seems apt I guess).

• Locked thread