Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Artificer posted:

Yeah I died on Legend. Anyone have strats for this dungeon or is it just oneshot everything, win?

I ran my standard AShiva/AKagu/CaoCao/Urd/Urd/AShiva team and assblasted through it in one try for the S rank.

one of my Urds is max skilled and the other one is being fussy with her red fruits whenever they're her skill up food. Should I drop the unskilled one for another max skilled Caocao? Everything on my team is maxed except her, and my AShiva/Caocao are hypermaxed, though the benched Caocao is just max level/skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Paper Lion posted:

I ran my standard AShiva/AKagu/CaoCao/Urd/Urd/AShiva team and assblasted through it in one try for the S rank.

one of my Urds is max skilled and the other one is being fussy with her red fruits whenever they're her skill up food. Should I drop the unskilled one for another max skilled Caocao? Everything on my team is maxed except her, and my AShiva/Caocao are hypermaxed, though the benched Caocao is just max level/skill.

I also S-ranked it first try with my Kali team. 7.1 average combo is I think a personal best for dungeons with the full set of colors.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Artificer posted:

Oh man I entered God of Judgement last night to use up some stamina but I haven't had time to really sit down and puzzle it out. Since I have classes today I won't have time to sit down and look at the board much and I sure as hell can't casually beat descends while walking to and from class and such.

Can anyone here do that?

It looks like I'll be letting a lot of stamina go to waste, but that's still probably better than dying when low-efforting God of Judgement and having to re-enter it anyways.

It's on the harder side of the standard 50 stamina descendeds, but very doable with any decent team that can consistently put out loads of damage.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Artificer posted:

Yeah I died on Legend. Anyone have strats for this dungeon or is it just oneshot everything, win?

Oneshot and win.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Sockser posted:

Jesus the batman collab dungeons are hard. Can't even clear expert.

Yeah, on my alt I did up through Legend yesterday with Verdandi no problem then ran out of stamina. It took me 2 tries with AShiva this morning to beat Mythical. I didn't get the S Rank though. I run AShiva/Cao Cao/Ronia/Ronia/Hera-Ur. I don't know if he's any better than Verdandi though, I just felt like making red combos this morning. I'm pretty sure I only died because I thought I had an extra turn to kill something and not many red orbs so I was just clearing out orbs I didn't want instead of just killing the thing.

On my main I tried Minerva and Athena since I seem to remember both of those working for Batcollab 1 and DC but no dice. The problem for Athena was the Bane/Deathstroke floor. If I figure out an answer for that floor then I'll probably try Athena again. Apocalypse with the full board change will make Joker easy if he fucks up the board too much. Apollo for Scarecrow. I has Valk/Verche in the other 2 slots. I probably don't need any 5 turn orb changers. I'm not really seeing anything I've got ready though.

I'm not sure what to go with on my main. I can do a decent Goemon. I'm not feeling Parv, plus I really want to add my new Verdandi to her team but she's not evo'd yet. I have Ra but Kirin is probably fine, maybe.

Doom breed
Mar 22, 2012
Ronia/Beelz handles it well enough too, since it can survive hits and heal back up again. No S-rank but no real danger of losing either.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
My standard Verd team blows through it no problem (Verd/Liu Bei x2/Perseus/GZL/Verd). I usually even forget to GZL on the boos and still kill him with 3 prongs.

Also, iTunes gift cards 25% off: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281790719975

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doom breed posted:

Ronia/Beelz handles it well enough too, since it can survive hits and heal back up again. No S-rank but no real danger of losing either.

In my A. Bastet/A. Horus having days I rarely think to use Ronia/Beelz. anymore.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Artificer posted:

I can't run mythical but I've had good luck on everything else using Ronia+ronia/Chiyome/RChester/hera-ur+AMinerva. Stall for skills early when you can, drop Min/Chiyome or a Ronia on Bane. wait until Joker makes a pile of bullshit orbs, then use Chester. If you have your Ronia still use it to kill Joker (otherwise grind), then Ronia/Min/Hera for Scarecrow. I think if I had a fully levelled/awoken/skilled team it would pull mythical but my only mons in that team with any skill levels is Chester/Friend Minerva. Levels are Max+80/80/20/20+Max so there's a huge amount of improvement available over the way I'm running Legend. I'd also point out that I'm bad at this game.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Artificer posted:

Oh man I entered God of Judgement last night to use up some stamina but I haven't had time to really sit down and puzzle it out. Since I have classes today I won't have time to sit down and look at the board much and I sure as hell can't casually beat descends while walking to and from class and such.

Can anyone here do that?
Yeah. You just have to sacrifice everything for Shiva Dragon, other than good subs. RIP all the monsters I threw into the MP grinder.

Paul Zuvella posted:

In my A. Bastet/A. Horus having days I rarely think to use Ronia/Beelz. anymore.
Even with strong Shiva Dragon, Awoken Ra, Awoken Bastet, and LKali teams, sometimes I still use Ronia+Beelz when I want to be lazy and have a ton of HP. Also I used them for the Dragon Knight technicals because I have mini-ronia on my team.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

iPodschun posted:

Yeah. You just have to sacrifice everything for Shiva Dragon, other than good subs.

Puzzle & Dragons 8.X: Sacrifice everything to Shiva Dragon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The dark dragon will be Ronia Dragon. It'll be 5x ATK/RCV/HP with an active that switches the board to perfect rows all the time and 2 haste so you can just buy 5 and the game becomes a button clicker.

They'll cost 999k MP and people will still whale to have 5 within an hour of release.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I've been refraining from getting Shiva Dragon, but I've lost all my DMeta friends, who I used last time Batman Collab was around to easy mode farm for skillups. Ugh, I don't want to get the shame dragon just for an easy mode farm team.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SaffronKit posted:

If you haven't yet cleared the technical dungeons, you should clear those up till Castle of Satan in the Abyss so you can unlock Team Challenge mode so you can roll back through all the t1 - t4 dungeons for free stones full of a team of buff friends. It's very cathartic too.

Today I learned team challenges reward stones. loving hell I guess I know what I'm doing today.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

I've been refraining from getting Shiva Dragon, but I've lost all my DMeta friends, who I used last time Batman Collab was around to easy mode farm for skillups. Ugh, I don't want to get the shame dragon just for an easy mode farm team.

AhHahaha, of all the crazy justifications to whale for that dragon this is now #1.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 8, 2015

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Are present exchanges still a thing? I seem to have a present to send for some reason. 307660230.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Seems like A. Bastet/Osiris gives you the best of both play styles these days.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

GoodBee posted:

Puzzle & Dragons 8.X: Sacrifice everything to Shiva Dragon

Puzzle & Dragons 8.X(+1): Then Sacrifice Shiva for Ra Dragon

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Are there still people starting this game these days even?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yes, every day.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Poor bastards.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Are there still people starting this game these days even?

And dropping $200 almost immediately.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So one of my bff's from the goon triangle unfriended me. I lost a consistent A.Lakshmi today.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Did you actually check their logon status?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

And dropping $200 almost immediately.

A week! People are loving insane.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

The Jumpoff posted:

So one of my bff's from the goon triangle unfriended me. I lost a consistent A.Lakshmi today.

Really? That's bust. Not sure why they'd do that, you dont' even get the BFF back.
Are you sure its that they haven't logged in for over a day? Or are they off your friends list entirely?

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Tarezax posted:

I also S-ranked it first try with my Kali team. 7.1 average combo is I think a personal best for dungeons with the full set of colors.

S ranked with A. Bastet team.
I feel like the only way to beat it is S-Ranked.
Has anyone seen a Arkham knight?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

djwetmouse posted:

I got one, replaced Joker on mythical, in about 5 or 6 mythical runs, plus one run of every other difficulty. I sure do hope they have a 3x invade rate the last weekend, or I am never skilling up D/R (formerly D/L) batman.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Siochain posted:

Really? That's bust. Not sure why they'd do that, you dont' even get the BFF back.
Are you sure its that they haven't logged in for over a day? Or are they off your friends list entirely?

This happens to me sometimes. Moose :argh:

I'm kidding Moose. I know your NA account isn't your favorite.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

GoodBee posted:

This happens to me sometimes. Moose :argh:

I'm kidding Moose. I know your NA account isn't your favorite.

I have been trying to log in once every 24 hours at least! There was a point where I forgot for a few days though :(

EDIT: Side question. I'm going back to an iPhone when they release the new ones (Project Fi is proving unreliable, and I've found that Android isn't really good for me anymore). How do I go about buying stones in JP since I can't really link up an American CC to my JP account (at least, I don't think I can?) Where's the most reliable place to get JP iTunes cards?

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 8, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Well even after 2 years I still see new weird things happening!

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

MrMoose posted:

I have been trying to log in once every 24 hours at least! There was a point where I forgot for a few days though :(

EDIT: Side question. I'm going back to an iPhone when they release the new ones (Project Fi is proving unreliable, and I've found that Android isn't really good for me anymore). How do I go about buying stones in JP since I can't really link up an American CC to my JP account (at least, I don't think I can?) Where's the most reliable place to get JP iTunes cards?

I've used these guys in the past, they're good: http://japancodesupply.com/

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

FrickenMoron posted:

Well even after 2 years I still see new weird things happening!

The 2 light keeper invades? I thought that was normal. I'm pretty sure I had one run with 2 dark and a light invade. If I knew it was weird I would have screen capped it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I usually get 0 or 1 at most.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Wolfsbane posted:

Are present exchanges still a thing? I seem to have a present to send for some reason. 307660230.

I got a present left too if you want to swap 350 834 299

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GoodBee posted:

The 2 light keeper invades? I thought that was normal. I'm pretty sure I had one run with 2 dark and a light invade. If I knew it was weird I would have screen capped it.

You can only have one invade per dungeon. The keeper on the fifth floor is not an invade, there is a chance he'll spawn there instead of the knight.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

trucutru posted:

You can only have one invade per dungeon. The keeper on the fifth floor is not an invade, there is a chance he'll spawn there instead of the knight.

Then I'm mistaken. I guess I didn't realize that floor 5 had a chance to be a keeper spawn and thought that the light and dark keepers were rare spawns in the whole dungeon, not invades.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

djwetmouse posted:

I had him invade last night before bed. Then I died on Joker for reasons I forget. I was tired. Then I forgot to stone to continue for the easy clear because I whaled last godfest and wanted to be stingy on stones. Yes I am an idiot.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

djwetmouse posted:

I got him on my second Mythical run. I might run it more for skill ups, or I might farm up Evo mats this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Ugh. I need 5 more Rainbow Keepers and at least 1 Gold. Not to mention a couple R/G, but I can get those any day. Is it incredibly dumb to stone for stamina to run a weekly dungeon?

I know it is, I'm just impatient. I'll need that stone to get the Tamadra I need to awaken all this crap. I'm just excited to have new monsters to play with.

• Locked thread