Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
hare click https://vine.co/v/etr0YKVlTvA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

my dad and his buddy were stoned and watching this game and they were laughing hysterically at this for like an hour.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

That depends, what color is your skin?

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Skarp posted:

my dad and his buddy were stoned and watching this game and they were laughing hysterically at this for like an hour.

sorry about your negligent dad

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
https://twitter.com/niyakeru_dog/status/640382637224292352

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

were people ironically naming their kids Adolf from 89 - 91 or what

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

bradzilla posted:

That's probably like one kid in that part and he's probably the son of some idiot KKK member

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

bradzilla posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nazi-devil-worshipping-n-father-fighting-custody-adolf-hitler-article-1.1367217

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

8 abused kids from 3 wives :smithicide:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bradzilla posted:

8 abused kids from 3 wives :smithicide:

he must be pretty charming to get three different women to marry him

also, they misspelled "hitler" twice. way to go, daily news :thumbsup:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MarcosBL/status/641110424193232897

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
honzlyn

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

i literally slowly recoiled in horror from this

the really scary part isn't this exact code, it's realizing that someone who understands what they're doing that little has probably coded other stuff in your codebase

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
couldn't they just do

return arg < 0

or is that the joke

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
i know i broke the cardinal yospos rule Never Go On Reddit but sometimes i read the legal advice subreddit because there are some really good and hosed up stories in there. so anyway there's this guy who is legitimately concerned about a convicted pedophile coming into contact with a child and everyone in the comments is literally telling him to mind his own business and the pedo did nothing wrong :psyduck:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3k3ldn/is_knowingly_inviting_a_pedophile_into_a_parents/

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

i know i broke the cardinal yospos rule Never Go On Reddit but sometimes i read the legal advice subreddit because there are some really good and hosed up stories in there. so anyway there's this guy who is legitimately concerned about a convicted pedophile coming into contact with a child and everyone in the comments is literally telling him to mind his own business and the pedo did nothing wrong :psyduck:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3k3ldn/is_knowingly_inviting_a_pedophile_into_a_parents/

reddit is good for gawking at trainwrecks

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BANME.sh posted:

that's because there's no indication of wrongdoing in the story?

it is not a good thing to be a pedophile, but that story is literally "some of my relatives were near The Bad Man"

i mean if he was convicted of something it was a bad idea but nothing happened in the story

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

How do they know to use 20 in that Malloc call? Did they just pick a number that will be so big it'll be safe for a while?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

BANME.sh posted:

couldn't they just do

return arg < 0

or is that the joke

that's the joke, it's overcomplicated and introduces a memory leak

KoRMaK posted:

How do they know to use 20 in that Malloc call? Did they just pick a number that will be so big it'll be safe for a while?

its overkill actually (floats are 4 bytes for a 32-bit environment), it takes another 20 bytes every time isNegative is run

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 8, 2015

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

comment threads about dumb programming poo poo always be like

"haha that guy can't tie his shoelaces"
"yeah ikr i am a grown rear end man and i can tie my own shoelaces, i shall now demonstrate on this video"
"wow you sure tied your shoelaces real good, my mummy says i am also very good at tying my own shoelaces mostly unassisted and i too am a grown rear end man"
"here is a series of videos of me tying red, orange, and yellow shoelaces, one after the other. you see it's really quite simple. i feel the need to validate my shoelace-tying abilities constantly"
"as a shoelace-tying master allow me to weigh in with my my opinion on the topic"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgSwvDkJVxE

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

that's because there's no indication of wrongdoing in the story?

it is not a good thing to be a pedophile, but that story is literally "some of my relatives were near The Bad Man"

i mean if he was convicted of something it was a bad idea but nothing happened in the story

ok legally there might not be anything going wrong here on the surface i get that

but basically everyone is telling this guy to chill out because he's worried about a pedophile coming in contact with an infant. if you cant see how thats hosed up, then i dunno what to tell you

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
World's fastest shoelace knot!

*takes 3 minutes to explain it*

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Phone posted:

World's fastest shoelace knot!

*takes 3 minutes to explain it*

Don't you dare badmouth Professor Shoelace

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

BANME.sh posted:

ok legally there might not be anything going wrong here on the surface i get that

but basically everyone is telling this guy to chill out because he's worried about a pedophile coming in contact with an infant. if you cant see how thats hosed up, then i dunno what to tell you

He is trying to take the immediate visceral reaction of someone he knows in person having a child that has been in direct contact with a pedophile and bringing it to the court of internet appeals where everyone (especially redditors) fancies themselves an emotionless engine of pure logic that is able to see all sides of a case as if they were an ideal juror of any given dispute. So if you pretend this was an attempt to "prove" something, there's nothing there (no facts, no one knows what the pedophiles crime was, or if he has a court order preventing him from interacting with kids, etc) but the OP was actually trying to be like "this is upsetting, right?" and the commenters are like "beep boop I detect no evidence of wrongdoing, mind your own beeswax" because they're a bunch of socially retarded reddit spergs who may or may not be searching the legal subreddits specifically to defend pedophiles so

the answer is don't think about it

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

PipeRifle posted:

the answer is don't go to reddit

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BANME.sh posted:

i mean, it's

*bursts into room of lawyers* There....*pant* ....was a pedophile...

Lawyers, in unison: uhhhhh ok?

what's the expected response here, dude gave like no information and probably 90% of the descriptions of the problem that /legaladvice gets aren't even mostly accurate to start with, he's not telling his friends he's telling r/legaladvice

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B97fRzAHTik&t=17s

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

i mean, it's

*bursts into room of lawyers* There....*pant* ....was a pedophile...

Lawyers, in unison: uhhhhh ok?

what's the expected response here, dude gave like no information and probably 90% of the descriptions of the problem that /legaladvice gets aren't even mostly accurate to start with, he's not telling his friends he's telling r/legaladvice
honestly we have a hosed up attitude toward how we perceive criminals, especially pedophiles. imo if a convicted one served his sentence then he did his time for the crime and it shouldn't be an issue. Be careful around him but at the same time it shouldn't be an instant indictment of him

if you constantly treat people like criminals they're going to behave like criminals

someone get the "look here comes a pizza" audio from the baseball game and the fan throwing a pizza slice at another fan

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

that's the joke, it's overcomplicated and introduces a memory leak

its overkill actually (floats are 4 bytes for a 32-bit environment), it takes another 20 bytes every time isNegative is run

nope, passing in FLT_MAX would cause sprintf to (try to) write the string "340282346638528859811704183484516925440.000000" to the 20 character buffer

e: i know there's ascii shellcode, but is there numeric-only shellcode?

Soldier of Fortran fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 8, 2015

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Soldier of Fortran posted:

nope, passing in FLT_MAX would cause sprintf to (try to) write the string "340282346638528859811704183484516925440.000000" to the 20 character buffer

oh poo poo it's a character not a float they're allocating whups

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

not the cyberpunk future we wanted but the one we deserve

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
actually it's called ephebophilia

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

my fav: