Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Turtle Sandbox posted:

It's too bad, as the Char are the only race of "cat people" that aren't literally chicks with ears and a tale.

I think ESO did good cats too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Turtle Sandbox posted:

It's too bad, as the Char are the only race of "cat people" that aren't literally chicks with ears and a tale.

Ummm the popori in tera are like 95% animal 4% people and 100% anime.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Niton posted:

There are people who log on and don't raid, but they make up less than a third of the playerbase and, to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what they do.

Auction baroning, roleplaying, hopelessly clinging to old content as 'fun' because now they can smash through it with their eyes closed, running in circles in their garrison and using their $15/mo program as a glorified chat room.

I used to raid in WoW but after Cata I stopped having fun with it and stopped having time for it. Now I pretty much only play to help my wife and friends out with their poo poo, so if I log on and no one's doing anything I just chat with people or sell blacksmithing weapons on the AH; my wife is also an officer in a fairly large RP guild and I get to enjoy the drama that gets dumped on her, which is hilariously both exactly like and completely opposite to any of the drama I had to deal with as a progression raiding guild's officer.

I also have no clue what this argument is about anymore but hey I'm still playing Wildstar's beta so there's that. :v: For whatever random reason I went from day 0 rewards to having the day 5 rewards the next day, and all the interim rewards as well.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

The Cathar in SWTOR look like people who wear cat face paint. I don't think the even have tails.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Implying anyone played them instead of elin. It still distresses me how popular the "stripper toddler" option is in that game. And then they went and gave them an edgy edgelord unique class to boot.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I thought the elin were the cat girls of tera, and probably peak anime.

Shy posted:

I think ESO did good cats too?

I guess im so used to the "anime catgirl" I forgot the kajit are legit and cool.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Flesh Forge posted:

Thanks for providing context that nobody else thought was necessary because everyone's got their heads so far up into FFwhatever's rear end in a top hat, I appreciate it. Back to square one (I'm still pretty sure less than 2-3% of the playerbase in any given MMO is doing the uber hard raid content at any given time because it's terribly unfun). Y'all can get mad at me for observing the emperor has no clothes though, that's to be expected I guess.

hmm

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Time to get the backpedal goalpost moving no true scotsman argument about why you're actually right. I can't wait.

It's almost like those "debate club terms" were actually just me making fun of you and predicting what you would do next rather than arguing any point.

It is funny that you keep trying to use debate club as an insult, though.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Implying anyone played them instead of elin. It still distresses me how popular the "stripper toddler" option is in that game. And then they went and gave them an edgy edgelord unique class to boot.

I know that elin became popular in asia because of a combination of being the little kid race and their animations being slightly faster than everyone else's, so they had a very slight edge in pvp.

Still hosed up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah it was the double whammy of being the most anime and also the best min max race.

Its still pretty funny that just about everyone plays a female character in that game. Guys are completely shut down from trying any of the new classes. Blade and soul also had the thing where if you wanted to be a caster you had to be either a leggy woman or a furry animal.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
GUYS!!!! They are over 1,000 years old so it's ok!! Right?!!? :pedo:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Because they're pretty much off-brand Tauren.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah it was the double whammy of being the most anime and also the best min max race.

Its still pretty funny that just about everyone plays a female character in that game. Guys are completely shut down from trying any of the new classes.

I can't imagine that race and gender is being used to gate character creation in tyool 2015, but people defend poo poo design choices based around whatever RP reason is given so maybe there is a legit reason you have to be a 12yo girl to be this class.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I can't imagine that race and gender is being used to gate character creation in tyool 2015, but people defend poo poo design choices based around whatever RP reason is given so maybe there is a legit reason you have to be a 12yo girl to be this class.

The lore of the class is literally "one of the cute, happy, loli girls saw a bloodbath of her home and now she's edgy and angry isn't that cool and out of character for a cute loli girl".

My options include living rock people, giants that become literal castles, and roly poly animal people but nope better be a 12 year old in lingerie with bonus edgy angst.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The lore of the class is literally "one of the cute, happy, loli girls saw a bloodbath of her home and now she's edgy and angry isn't that cool and out of character for a cute loli girl".

My options include living rock people, giants that become literal castles, and roly poly animal people but nope better be a 12 year old in lingerie with bonus edgy angst.

You finally understand anime.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

anime is good

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

this is gibberish

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

how the gently caress am i supposed to masturbate to this

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Turtle Sandbox posted:

It's not bad. Rox is the only one that really looks anime and even with her it is only the eyes. Goku hair is Goku hair but it still looks like a badass cat person ready to maul you to death. As an added bonus their race rejects the poo poo out of their gods and fully embraces technology. They also have some of the best melee animations in the game imo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its still pretty funny that just about everyone plays a female character in that game. Guys are completely shut down from trying any of the new classes. Blade and soul also had the thing where if you wanted to be a caster you had to be either a leggy woman or a furry animal.

Which has actually been changed, so you can be a leggy woman, an animal person, or a beefcake wizard.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Morglon posted:

Not really. They're both bulky beast races with horns inspired by minotaur, and from there they diverge a lot. Tauren are hippie Native Americans living in teepees, while the charr are a ruthless mashup of the Roman legions/Mongolian army with industrial age tech.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Mizuti posted:

Not really. They're both bulky beast races with horns inspired by minotaur, and from there they diverge a lot. Tauren are hippie Native Americans living in teepees, while the charr are a ruthless mashup of the Roman legions/Mongolian army with industrial age tech.

It looks the same to me.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

ModeSix posted:

It looks the same to me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ModeSix posted:

It looks the same to me.

Yeah, but to be fair it's not like Tauren were a very original concept to begin with.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
One set has more polygons and a higher texture resolution than the other.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, but to be fair it's not like Tauren were a very original concept to begin with.
Uh, Blizzard invented minotaurs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

That explains why Greek epics felt so convoluted sometimes, they were written by Blizzard. :v:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
There was never a War[noun] game before Warcraft.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

The Char are great, agreeing with all of this.

I enjoyed TERA but that loving race jesus christ

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mayor McCheese posted:

The Char are great, agreeing with all of this.

I enjoyed TERA but that loving race jesus christ

every time i get even remotely interested in some upcoming asian mmo i end up looking up the info about the player races and inevitably there is disgusting pedophile bait in there :smith:

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

RottenK posted:

every time i get even remotely interested in some upcoming asian mmo i end up looking up the info about the player races and inevitably there is disgusting pedophile bait in there :smith:

Every tiny person race should be as cool as Lalafell.

Or those roly poly racoon people from TERA.

I think Wildstar has racoon people but they look wierd.

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 9, 2015

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

These guys look absolutely adorable. Shame that the little girl race torpedoes the rest of the game.

Edit: The comparison pictures between tauren and charr also aren't as distinct because I chose features and clothing that were similar. Either race can get a very different look to it.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 9, 2015

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Mizuti posted:

Plus the screenshots don't show how vastly different they are animation wise, particularly when they're running. If Tauren still had plains running maybe...

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

SerCypher posted:

Looks like a Sonic character.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Mayor McCheese posted:

Looks like a Sonic character.

post dreamcast sonic character at that.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Popori are some of the dopest poo poo that has ever existed

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SerCypher posted:

lmao they're literally deviantart poo poo, emo haircut and all

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rexicon1 posted:

Popori are some of the dopest poo poo that has ever existed

Popori are the poo poo.

Dear TERA devs, pls force all Elin players to racechange to Popori, thanks

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

IIRC the Elin are all in the game files as popori_f

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Kessel posted:

Which makes all of it so much worse.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Harrow posted:

Popori are the poo poo.

Dear TERA devs, pls force all Elin players to racechange to Popori, thanks

But then how will they continue to make the same kind of money that they do off of Elin cosmetics?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kessel posted:

Im sure that initially the two races were actually female/male versions of each other like the Lyn are in blade and soul but somewhere in production they decided to ramp up the elin anime to 11 and turn the male popori into animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im sure that initially the two races were actually female/male versions of each other like the Lyn are in blade and soul but somewhere in production they decided to ramp up the elin anime to 11 and turn the male popori into animals.

They know what their fans want out of an MMO.

• Locked thread