Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

:psyduck: I just don't understand people's rationale for scoring like that.

It's mostly them not understanding what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Hazo posted:

Exactly, that's why I'm going .1 pt/yd for rush/receiving, I just hadn't decided on where to go for passing yet. I like .2/5.

Any tips on drafting TEs since it sounds like I'm gonna leave them in?

what is the rationale for everyone getting points per individual yard except the quarterback

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Hazo posted:

Any tips on drafting TEs

Don't.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

You are the man.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
New sheets say I probably shouldn't have taken Rodgers back end of the 2nd, but the old sheets said the same. At least I talked myself out of taking Luck 2nd overall!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

One of my leagues is only going to have six players. I anticipate it's gonna be kind of boring since everyone will be loaded, but I'm wondering about how it affects draft strategy. It'll be PPR, typical rosters (QB/RBx2/WRx2/TE/Flex) and I'm trying to figure out where Gronk goes overall. Because positional scarcity is a much smaller deal since we'll be benching RB1/WR1s every week, it seems like Gronk would be especially valuable. I feel like he probably goes #5-6 (after Bell, Peterson, Charles, Lacy, and maybe Brown). Thoughts? I don't know my draft position yet.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

One of my leagues is only going to have six players. I anticipate it's gonna be kind of boring since everyone will be loaded, but I'm wondering about how it affects draft strategy. It'll be PPR, typical rosters (QB/RBx2/WRx2/TE/Flex) and I'm trying to figure out where Gronk goes overall. Because positional scarcity is a much smaller deal since we'll be benching RB1/WR1s every week, it seems like Gronk would be especially valuable. I feel like he probably goes #5-6 (after Bell, Peterson, Charles, Lacy, and maybe Brown). Thoughts? I don't know my draft position yet.

Wouldn't standard scoring be more fun in a 6 person league? Seems like PPR would make it even easier to have a ridiculous team.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BigFactory posted:

Wouldn't standard scoring be more fun in a 6 person league? Seems like PPR would make it even easier to have a ridiculous team.

We have a 6 person league, and in order to make it more interesting we doubled up on every position. 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 Flexes, 2 Defenses, 2 Kickers. I look at my team and think, "I am a God." Then I look at all the other teams and go "Oh, so are they."

PPR, and I have Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Matt Forte, and CJ Anderson.. Feels good. :)

commish
Sep 17, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

We have a 6 person league, and in order to make it more interesting we doubled up on every position. 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 Flexes, 2 Defenses, 2 Kickers. I look at my team and think, "I am a God." Then I look at all the other teams and go "Oh, so are they."

PPR, and I have Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Matt Forte, and CJ Anderson.. Feels good. :)

Exactly what we did in my 6 team league. I am starting 3 QBs, haha. Makes it fun.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Tevin Coleman is listed as the starter with Freeman still injured. Dear god, i hope he puts up a good game monday so he can win the job since i have him on my bench.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm debating sneaking Tevin into some daily lineups as a cheap starter because of this news. Still on the fence though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm debating sneaking Tevin into some daily lineups as a cheap starter because of this news. Still on the fence though.

He might be a decent flex for week 1 if Freeman is ruled out, but it's against PHI DEF, who aren't too bad against the run.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

He might be a decent flex for week 1 if Freeman is ruled out, but it's against PHI DEF, who aren't too bad against the run.

Yeah I couldn't remember how Philly's run def was, and haven't had time to look into them today. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a daily league thread?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
tevin coleman = 2014 bishop sankey

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Gyshall posted:

tevin coleman = 2014 bishop sankey

Tevin Coleman = 2015 Tevin Coleman

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Tevin Coleman = 2015 Tevin Coleman

Hot take alert

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I have Ertz and Delanie at TE and a WR corp of Emmanuel Sanders and DeSean Jackson. 14 man standard. I got a couple people interested in Ertz, should I try and trade him for an upgrade of WR or just hang tight? I feel kinda weak at WR.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mike Evans still not practicing. Keep an eye on his status tomorrow. If he doesn't practice it is a bad sign- i'd be wary of starting him.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

winvirus posted:

I have Ertz and Delanie at TE and a WR corp of Emmanuel Sanders and DeSean Jackson. 14 man standard. I got a couple people interested in Ertz, should I try and trade him for an upgrade of WR or just hang tight? I feel kinda weak at WR.

Who's out there in the TE FA market?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Ertz is a long shot to be fantasy relevant this year and is hurt, so I'd trade him for a WR if you can.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I just had a pretty positive preliminary talk about a deal where I give VJax and Rivers and get Andre Johnson from a guy who's only QB is Dalton. In a 12-team, 3WR/2RB/Flex .5 PPR league, making my WRs as good as possible is my #1 priority, especially considering my current RBs outside of Peterson are Yeldon, David Johnson, Zenner, and Michael :gonk:

I'd be more than okay with a top-3 of Cooks, Matthews, and Johnson, with Stevie and Agholor playing matchups for my flex and James Jones on the bench for security/trade bait.

I'm eagerly awaiting all talks to stagnate and for me to be left with this mediocre 7-6 team I currently have.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 8, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I am happy to relay that Fleaflicker's projections have Tyrod Taylor as the number one scorer this week.

Edit: They have since changed it. :tinfoil:

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 8, 2015

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Reik posted:

Who's out there in the TE FA market?

Eifert, Reed, Hill, Rodgers, Clay, Green, Chandler. I've got a potential deal on the table Ertz for Steve Smith Sr and am debating taking it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

winvirus posted:

Eifert, Reed, Hill, Rodgers, Clay, Green, Chandler. I've got a potential deal on the table Ertz for Steve Smith Sr and am debating taking it

Eifert is a better shot for a top 10 TE than Ertz anyway. Steve Smith for Ertz is a steal, go for it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

winvirus posted:

Take that deal and pick up Eifert.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I hate being in a league that refuses to trade. I offered J. Randle straight up for V.Jax and was ignored.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I just had a pretty positive preliminary talk about a deal where I give VJax and Rivers and get Andre Johnson from a guy who's only QB is Dalton. In a 12-team, 3WR/2RB/Flex .5 PPR league, making my WRs as good as possible is my #1 priority, especially considering my current RBs outside of Peterson are Yeldon, David Johnson, Zenner, and Michael :gonk:

I'd be more than okay with a top-3 of Cooks, Matthews, and Johnson, with Stevie and Agholor playing matchups for my flex and James Jones on the bench for security/trade bait.

I'm eagerly awaiting all talks to stagnate and for me to be left with this mediocre 7-6 team I currently have.

Anything that gets Vincent "Fantasy Poison" Jackson off your team is a net win.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I honestly believe that Jackson's absolute ceiling could leave him sniffing WR1 numbers, the problem is that his floor is somewhere around WR45

E: I honestly don't mind him as part of my three-headed WR3 committee, but I think he's more valuable to me as a trade chip than anything

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 8, 2015

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
In terms of lottery wrs, would funchess or devante Parker be the better stash?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I honestly believe that Jackson's absolute ceiling could leave him sniffing WR1 numbers, the problem is that his floor is somewhere around WR45

The problem is finding which alternating game is the floor and which is the ceiling.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

In terms of lottery wrs, would funchess or devante Parker be the better stash?

In terms of talent I'd say Parker, but in terms of opportunity I'd definitely say Funchess. Parker's behind Jennings, Stills and Landry plus Jordan Cameron and Lamar Miller catching passes.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

The problem is finding which alternating game is the floor and which is the ceiling.

I really don't think that's going to be the case this year, I think he's going to be mainly consistent all season, I just don't know if that's going to be 7/70 a game with a dud here and there or 3/25 with one or two decent games out of nowhere. I think either TB is gonna funsling it's way to a ton of yards, or they're going to be stuck in neutral; I don't really see an in between for that passing game

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Former Patriots RB Jonas Gray will sign with Miami's practice squad, according to @seanstellato. Gray once played on Dolphins' PS.

SHOULD I DROP LAMAR MILLER FOR GRAY??? :supaburn:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

As the conductor on the Lamar Miller train this season, I say no.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doing my first auction draft tonight. How effective a strategy is passing on the top tier talent and waiting till you are the only one with sufficient cash remaining to load up on 2nd and 3rd tier guys?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^ I will never understand this. Just don't overpay.

Happy Tevin Coleman is a RB1 We All Stole In The Late Rounds Week!

I hope it turns into a month.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RCarr posted:

Doing my first auction draft tonight. How effective a strategy is passing on the top tier talent and waiting till you are the only one with sufficient cash remaining to load up on 2nd and 3rd tier guys?

Inadvisable. Get yourself a few studs (whoever you can get without overpaying), then be pretty conservative for the 2s before mopping up the upside 3s.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

It isn't great. A bunch of good depth on your bench is a bunch of wasted points. Obviously you don't want to be too top heavy and have no bench, but you're going to be plenty able to get bye week filler and flex options for just a few bucks. Target at least a couple high end options, otherwise your starting lineup isn't going to be competitive.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Forever_Peace posted:

Inadvisable. Get yourself a few studs (whoever you can get without overpaying), then be pretty conservative for the 2s before mopping up the upside 3s.

A good strategy is to nominate some big ticket guys you don't want for whatever reason, then throw a few bids at them (well below their actual value, just to get things started) and then back away. Drain the swamp a bit before you go after whoever you actually want.

But like others are saying, don't actively stay away from the Top 25 guys, you'll just end up with a mediocre team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

A good strategy is to nominate some big ticket guys you don't want for whatever reason, then throw a few bids at them (well below their actual value, just to get things started) and then back away. Drain the swamp a bit before you go after whoever you actually want.

But like others are saying, don't actively stay away from the Top 25 guys, you'll just end up with a mediocre team.

I could see this potentially working in small (6-8) sized leagues, but anything bigger than that and it's not really possible to singlehandedly remove the resources of your competition. I think it's actually probable to backfire - people tend to overpay at tier drops because they are loss averse, and waiting out the initial studs in order to bid on late studs is just putting you right smack in the middle of a bunch of desperate people that are willing to overpay. That seems like a really easy way to have suboptimal starters.

edit: I should clarify that I am speaking from bullshit theorizing rather than much actual experience, but I took what I had hoped was a considered approach to my auction this year and got a decent team out of it.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 9, 2015

• Locked thread